Guest room

Good
1936 reviews

Nice hotel, forgetable staff

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"It's your typical high-end, chain hotel with all the cookie-cutter comforts. Large bedroom, bathroom, small flat-screen TV with cable - only CNN is English. Give you nice smelling shampoo and conditioners, laundry service, ironing board, lockable safe. It's a little bit away from the downtown area but the bus is convenient. There's a supermarket across the street. Most expensive hotel I paid for out of our 6 week trip throughout Europe, but also the most luxurious. The bed is nice and firm, there's AC, and the pillow was just the right firmness for me. If you've stayed at a Hilton, Marriott, Embassy; NH Aranzazu is the same thing. Don't use their internet in the lobby, overpriced. The staff is forgettable. Not very helpful, not very friendly. Gave us a fake half-smile, checked us in, and gave us a free map. Quickly told us to take bus #5 or 25 to get to downtown or walk there in 30 minutes. Maybe it's because we looked like crap with our T-shirt, shorts, and hiking boots. Or, maybe because we had backpacks on and looked like we didn't belong there. We came from the train station and took the bus. Buses run until 10pm. Take #25, and it travels along the street the hotel is on. Show the bus driver the street address and the name of the hotel and he'll take you there. Hopefully you'll get a nice bus driver, thankfully we did. You will see the hotel name in big bold blocks on the building on your right hand side, and when you see it, push the "request to stop" button on the bus. The stop is a little beyond the hotel and you just backtrack about 50 meters. If you take #5, it actually stops one street over. The stop for #5 is called Banta Barri. Get off, and walk down (facing the ocean, it's on your left), not up. Of course, if you have the money to stay at this hotel, you probably will just take a taxi. I would want to stay closer to town next time, it is a bit far despite the buses."

• Travel date: 16th August 2007

Good hotel, good location

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Booking a one night stay in San Sebastian proved difficult but I eventually found two rooms in this hotel - albeit more than I wanted to pay. Excellent check in, off street parking (very tight bends in car park) and spacious rooms with all you would expect from a four star hotel, and more. I would have liked to have stayed longer. The beach is 5 minutes away - this beach is the wide bay with gentle sea. The surfing beach - Gros, is at the other side of town or a bus ride away."

• Travel date: 12th August 2007

A very good hotel, far from the city centre

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I stayed several times at this property, as all NH hotels it is hard to fault ... PROS: - excellent, pleasant room, large, well equipped, excellent bedding, A/C working properly - bathroom clean, well equipped, nothing missing - excellent buffet breakfast, a great variety of products of equally good quality - easy to find - good underground parking - staff very helpful and nice - bar not bad at all CONS: - it is really far from the centre and the activity ... this is the only negative I can find"

• Travel date: 7th June 2007

Yet again good value for money

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"This was our third stay at the Aranzazu and we were worried it would have trouble living up to the previous 2 stays we have had but thankfully it did. Although a short walk (along a beautiful prominade) from the old town....for us it is a welcome way to walk off all the pinxtos we have eaten there are several great places to eat nearby and a supermarket opposite. The beach is less than 5 minutes walk away. Large well proportioned rooms which are always clean and staff are always friendly. Hotel is simply good value for money with great breakfasts and parking underneath."

• Travel date: 16th May 2007

Very Good Experience

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We only stayed one night but will remember the experience and look forward to a repeat. We were very surprised by the hotel that met us, as the pictures you see on the websites do not reflect its size and quality. It is a slick professionally run hotel with excellent facilities and service. Very helpful staff who spoke english. The rooms were spacious and immaculate with everything you could want. The location is set in modern surroundings within walking distance of La Concha beach (chilly in April) but if you haven't visited San Sebastian before, the action in terms of eating is the other side of town in the old quarter. Easy to get to though. On this trip, we stayed in numerous hotels but this ranked as the best alongside the 4* hotel in Paris."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2007

Nice journey to Donosti-San Sebastian

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"we have been in Donosti for two days. Arriving by the 27th december from Barcelona (by plane to Bilbao and then by bus to Donosti, just 1 hour) we reached the hotel. From bus main station (near hotel Amara Plaza) you get another bus (24 or 27) to the hotel which is placed in a new neighbourghood named Antiguo. The hotel is beautiful, very new, flat TV in the rooms, comfortable beds and all the details you always find in NH branch (always a secure election). Very friendly staff and nice stay. From the hotel in 5 minutes you arrive to Ondarreta beach. There starts the amazing walk along "Playa de la Concha" till the center of the city (20-25 minutes walking) but if you prefer not to walk you can take 5 or 25 bus. I recommend this hotel, nice rooms, nice staff and a pleasant stay."

• Travel date: 30th December 2006

Next time will stay in a location more central

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I chose this hotel because I thought I would need AC in July, and not many hotels is SS have it. Turns out it wasn´t necessary anyway. It was a clean hotel, located in a quiet, safe area near Ondaretta beach. But we spent most of our time in the Old Quarter, which was a thirty minute walk away. It was a very lovely walk, but next time we will stay near La Concha or the Old Quarter. Also the quality of this hotel just didn´t justify the rate (133 euros). For the price of this hotel, try Niza instead."

• Travel date: 12th July 2006

Excellent - clean, comfortable and in an excellent location

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"I stayed at the hotel for 12 nights (Aug to early September) and could not fault this hotel. There was a lot going on in San Sebastian, meaning all hotels were full, but despite this: Food - Excellent breakfast with good choice - cereals, hot and cold meats, cheese, bread, cakes, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurts, tea, coffee, assorted fruit juices and milk were ready available and not rationed. I only ate in the restaurant on one evening (too many restaurants available in close proximity to the hotel) but found the service good, and the above average. Staff - all were kind, courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms - Mine was spacious, light, airy and very clean. Accompanying friends reported the same. Bathroom was well stocked with soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush and even shaving foam. Location - Fabulous. 5 minutes walk from the lovely beach. 20 minutes walk to the old town (or 7 mins on the bus for less than 1 Euro). The walk is scenic and doesn't seem that far. Extra Bonus - Guests at the Aranzazu hotel get free entrance to the local health and fitness centre -a definate bonus (you need a day pass from reception). The centre is very well equipped - swimming pool, aerobics suite, free weights, whirlpool, jacuzzi, steam rooms, sauna etc. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation, and would happily stay there if I was ever visiting San Sebastian again."

• Travel date: 13th September 2005

An excellent hotel at a good price

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel after moving from an awful hotel nearby. The NH Aranzazu is clean, modern and light. It had a nice, bright room and bathroom. It was a small, single room, but I do not care about size. What concerns me most of all is cleanliness. The hotel has a "business" feel to it, but also is quite hip. The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. I thought it was excellent value for a hotel of this quality. The breakfast was fairly expensive by San Sebastian standards, but you really don't need to get breakfast. Coffee and fresh croissant, the standard San Sebastian breakfast, are available at all the nearby bars for a few Euro, and there is a good supermarket just across the street to buy staples. Do not be put off by the location. San Sebastian is a great town to walk in and it is a wonderful 20/25 minute walk along the amazing waterfront to the old town, but it is only about two minutes from Ondarreta beach. Also, the buses that go to the old town run from the mainroad nearby. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again without hesitation. I also stayed in a hotel from the same chain in Bilbao and was similarly impressed."

• Travel date: 13th March 2005

Enjoyed our stay!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel over a long weekend in July 2004. The hotel was modern, spacious and the rooms were clean, large and well furnished. The hotel is situated only a few minutes walk from the beach but its a 25 minute walk from the old town to reach the restaurants and bars (it is a lovely walk along the beach though so dont be put off... gives you a chance to walk off all the tapas!) I would highly recommend the hotel however, if you dont fancy walking half an hour to the old town, then perhaps look at staying somewhere else!"

• Travel date: 27th July 2004

Hotels near NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu

NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu is also called

• NH Aranzazu
  • nh hotels san sebastián donostia
  • nh aranzazu san sebastián donostia