Hotel Astoria 7

Sagrada Familia, 1, 20010 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain

Love San Sebastian

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"A little far from the city center. A long walk, but a quick bus ride. Dvd Player in the room and free dvd library. Nice bathroom. Everyone spoke English and were very helpful. 2 minute walk to bus station if you are going to Pamplona. Restaurant was convenient. I would have preferred to stay closer to the beach, but I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009

Modern, stylish, new and very, very clean

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"You can't find a better 4star hotel in San Sebastian. I am very picky about hotel rooms , especially the bathrooms, beds and floors. This hotel is such a treat. Everything was spotlessly clean and very modern. Room size was perfectly fine and there was enough closet space for a 5 day stay. Breakfast is great, I highly recommend the croissants! We took the bus across the street to get to the beach and into the old town which was very easy and cost about EUR 1,25. The lounge area is very nice to relax on a rainy day or to check emails and pick a movie that you can watch in your room. The overall ambience is great and staff was always helpful. We would definitley go back and I will recommend this hotel to anybody who is used to higher standards at hotels and prefers a boutique style over older and not so clean 5star institutions."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of September 2009

Very comfortable, great staff

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - the rooms are new, clean and of a good size. The staff are friendly and attentive and the breakfast was first class. To my jaded eyes the interior is over-designed, I could have done without some movie quote or personality staring out at me whererever I looked (even in the loos!). Yes, yes, the hotel used to be a cinema, and San Seb has a film festival. Thanks. We get it.

I'd definitely stay here again, though. It's about a 15 minute walk from the old town, but that's no hassle. Also handy for the RENFE and Euskotren stations. Prices are reasonable too - and it's much quieter than staying in the old town. Free internet, too."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of September 2009

Perhaps too much Hollywood, but overall very, very nice

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"So, this place really takes its Hollywood theme over-the-top. With individual rooms themed to celebrities of all kinds -- from random ones to the obvious Brad Pitts of the world -- and while I doubt that any of them have actually stayed here, I would recommend it to those looking for efficient, reasonable affordable and reliable accommodation in San Sebastian.

My partner and I checked into room 202, with a celeb theme more on the random side (forgetting her name) and were happy to have a bright, well appointed room, comfortable bed, and modern surroundings.

As for the location, this hotel is not on the beach, but is a reasonable 10 min walk from both the modern beach and the famous "old city" where most of the attractions, restaurants and nightlife are to be found. It actually makes it nice to have a stroll back to the hotel before and after dinner to burn off some of the food you'll be lucky to enjoy in this great coastal city but you can also find taxis and buses very easily.

The lobby features a wonderfully appointed living room/library area that is very chic yet cozy, as well as a breakfast room (we didn't have time for the breakfast offering) and an adjoining cafe that shares the Hollywood theme and features very good coffee.

It's not budget accomadation by any means (we actually booked a room with a double bed but were informed upon arrival that it was a room for a single only and were charged an additional 60 euro for the true double room), but for the season and the quality, we left after our two nights feeling good about our choice.

But don't go to San Sebastian for the hotel -- enjoy your time on the beach, in the streets, and most importantly in the amazing array of resturants at your finger tips."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of August 2009

A definte must stay in San Sebastian

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Stayed here for two nights in Jul 2009. First of all we loved San Sebastian, it was most definitely one of the highlights of our trip. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel the only small issue was them giving us a twin room when we had booked a double but this was quickly sorted out. The design of the hotel is really funky and the staff were really helpful and pleasant. We had the Bob Hoskins room and it met all our needs, very comfortable and quiet. The hotel is only a short walk (about 10-15 mins) into the old part of San Sebastian and if you don't want to walk there is a regular bus service just outside the door. We had a rate that incl breakfast and I have to say this was probably the best hotel breakfast that we had in the whole of our 3 week trip. Would most definitely encourage anyone going to San Sebastian to try this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

Excellent New funky hoel, bright spacious rooms, decent price, hi speed WI FI

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Stayed in this hotel after having checked out the rooms - more spacious and glam than the Amara Plaza across the road. The bathroom is great, even has a de-fogger on the mirror, the hi speed wi-fi is actually hi speed, and the rooms are so quiet we always slept in. They have a breakfast deal for 14 euros per room but why pay that when their bar offers deals for 3 euros at coffee, croissant and juice?
We were not fazed by the distance into town...it was a 10 min walk to the beach and 20 to the city centre with all the pintxo bars. Having seen the reviews of the beachfront hotels and heard the revellers late at night, I am glad we did not stay close to the action!
Would definitely stay there again. Shame they jacked up the rate 50% the last day because it was the beginning of the top season. I checked other hotels and they had all done the same so you can't really say they are not at market..."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009

Fantastic hotel, even if it's not in the centre

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Astoria 7 for 4 nights in May. I was travelling on my own and stayed in a single room. I initially tried a couple of recomended places slightly more central but they were fully booked - however I will definitely return to the astoria when I come back to SS.

The service was exceptional from check in to check out, absolutely no faults. The single room was not huge but that is to be expected - however it was perfect for me. Very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, balcony with a view into a large courtyard. Everything was modern, clean and quite tastefully done. The rooms have a movie theme which is pretty harmless. The room was also extremely quiet.

The hotel is not right in the centre of town, however for the price I found this be be no issue at all - it's either a nice 20 minute walk into the old town, or a very short taxi ride which doesn't cost much. I found the comfort and quality of the hotel to outweigh the slightly less than perfect location. There is some good shopping on the way into town as well, and a couple of tapas bars and supermarkets just around the corner.

The hotel has parking which costs euros, but this is standard in this part of the world. There is a good breakfast menu and service... not certain whether the hotel has certain other facilities (eg gym), but let's face it - if you are going to san sebastian to stay in the hotel and work out, then you are missing the point."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of June 2009

just an honest review

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Our first time to San Sebastian and it won't be our last. Had a fabulous time and stayed 4 nights at the Astoria 7.

Well the hotel is new and spotlessly clean and is close, about 20 minutes walk, through a main route, to the old part or town and beach. Location wise it was good. The staff are extremely friendly and pleasant but for us the hotel was found wanting.

First of all there is no bar or restaurant worth talking about in the hotel which for a new 4 star hotel we thought was not great. There is a bar that doubles as a tapas type bar with the apartment block which is in the same building but the food is very basic and functional. The bar closes very early (we as residents had to leave at 11 on the Saturday night) so for those wanting a night life you won't find it in this hotel.

Other problems? Well no iron and board in the room annoys me in any hotel but when they don't have any available and then try to charge you to get the housekeeper to iron your clothes it isn't really ideal when you are touring and every stitch of clothes you have is folded in a suitcase in the boot of the hired car - and it'll cost you 16Euro to park the car in the Hotel car park per night !

To be fair the ironing problem was sorted when my girlfriend demanded to talk to the manager and we were then offered free ironing by the housekeeper but it was a bit annoying. I'd much rather an iron in my room first, then maybe a picture of a film star over my bed might be fully apprecisted, but please lets get the basics right first.

In any event it was nice otherwise, we slept in a very comfortable bed, in spotlessly clean room but thats about it really, we just got on with enjoying this wonderful city otherwise.

We will return but next time probably to the Loundres where we went for a drink in a fabulous atmospheric bar

PS: ( don't be hoping for a gym or a Spa either in this hotel)"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of June 2009

Comfortable hotel

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We spent 1 night here. We had a lovely stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable and was very good value for money. It was in a handy location for exploring San Sebastian. We hope to stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Interesting, funky hotel with excellent decor and facilities

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Been to San Sebastian a number of times, first time to this hotel. All rooms are dedicated to a hollywood great, we stayed in the Ursulla Andres room. Great decor and facilities and top notch customer service! Will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of May 2009

Hotels near Hotel Astoria 7

Stayed at Hotel Astoria 7? Share your insight.

Hotel Astoria 7 is also called