A fine hotel in Central Granada

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"I booked this hotel based on recommendations from this Web site, and was not disappointed.

The hotel has only been open 1 year, following a 2-year restoration of a derelict 17th century building. The result is remarkable. The hotel only has 26 rooms, plus a breakfast room and comfortable lounge off the central courtyard.

We stayed in room 25, which has a small terrace looking up to the Alhambra. The room was simply decorated, but very comfortable and romantic. Only negative comment would be that the room was a bit dark.

This is not a hotel for a business traveller (no desk etc.). I imagine it gets very cold in winter too. And because the hotel has stone floors and surrounds a courtyard, the noise does travel. That said, given the hotel's location so close to the centre of Granada, it is generally very quiet.

I would most likely stay here again, but the hotel's prices could be a bit more interesting."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of November 2004

Disagreement

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I would like to reply to the Tripadvisor from Miami, Florida.
I stayed it this lovely hotel a few days ago, and I received from them, together with the confirmation (and I did it through a travel agency) an email with very specific information of how to get to the parking place were they have a special rate for us clients ( I still have to stay in a hotel in which the parking is for free). They also informed us to ask the taxi driver for a receipt, which we did, and we gave it to the receptionist and got the amount deducted from our invoice. I really dont think your review is fair, as they have bothered to send us all this information, and I must say that they are very precise about everything. We did not have to drive round in circles: we followed their directions and found it with no problem. We only had to wait a few minutes, as the parking lot was full, but that is hardly their fault. For the rest, I must say that the hotel is lovely, the staff is very friendly, kind and helpfull. We really felt like at home. We will recommend it to all our friends, and, if we can, go back again!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of November 2004

Don't Bother If You Have A Car

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I will candidly admit that the hotel was a nice convert of a former half-way house for the homeless. However, as the hotel may or may not tell you before you actually confirm your reservation -- You cannot drive to the hotel or park at the hotel. The hotel is located down an alleyway off of a "no cars" zone of historic (read: not so nice) area in Granada. Also, the hotel does not reimburse you for both the taxi and parking required to get to the hotel. So, I respectfully suggest that hotel either lower their prices or find some way of permitting parking at one of the alleyways near the hotel. Elsewise, you will undoubtedly drive around in circles."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

Superb hospitality

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"This hotel was even better than we had expected. The position is superb and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and their restaurant recomendations excellent. The rooms are good and so peaceful because of the lack of traffic. We will recommend this hotel to friends and hope to visit again."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of October 2004

wonderful hotel

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This is a fabulous hotel in a perfect location of granada - near everything but tucked away in a quiet corner. The rooms and washrooms were a great size, comfortable and super-dark making for a great night's sleep.

The breakfast was plentiful (for europe!) and it was not hard to find despite what some other reviewers had warned about.

Only bad thing about the hotel is that beacuse it is built around a courtyard, sounds magnify and it can get a bit noisy inside. On nights when the hotel was full, it was a bit annoying (but the staff took care of the problem) but when it was less full, you could not hear a thing.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others without hesitation."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

September 3-Night Visit

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Great location in a quiet, pedestrian corner of the city, while not feeling too far away from the action. Staff provided more than ample attention and good advice and created the sense of feeling like welcome family. Would return for both the value and the charm."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of October 2004

Great Hotel & Great Location

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This was a charming hotel with a staff as friendly and co-operative as anyone could ask for. Breakfast was always fresh and delicious. Our room was large and well kept. The location was perfect for seeing beautiful Granada. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

A transformed gem of history with a perfect location

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Delightful rooms surrounding a completely private 3 story private courtyard right below the famous Alhambra make this a special find for travelers. Excellent staff insures a cozy and friendly visit for people of all lands who are visiting Granada. Nestled in a wonderous little world of centuries old alleys right in the heart of the best part of the city, this reasonably priced boutique hotel is one I wouldn't miss for anything.
Just outside the hotel is the open aired square, the gateway to the incredible Alhambra on the mesa above. Great restaurants, good shopping and lots of facinating buildings, cathedrals and streets, all start right here in the square.
One can walk alongside the river which runs under the impressive walls of the Alhambra and dine or snack in open air tables. You can snake up the hill on many side streets to the great park that overlooks the city. From here one has the best possible views of the Alhambra, and behind it, the magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountain range which in winter has a sugary coating of white snow. Sunsets here are truly spectacular and are a nightly social event.
The hosts of the hotel are a wonderful Norwegian couple with many years in the hotel and cruise business who have lovingly restored this building from a true ruin to a special place to stay. The best rooms have a view of the Alhambra from the large beds....now that's an unforgettable pillow treat. Forget the chocolates....
5 stars for a small hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2004

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"After 24 hours of travelling, I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the hotel turned out to be. The extra details in the rooms (such as the toiletries in the shower) made the stay even more pleasant. The staff was extremely helpful with every question/request. Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends/family and would stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2004

It's like a home away from home

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"The staff is wonderfully friendly - greeting you with a smile when you return from a day's excursion.

The rooms are tastefully furnished with very comfortable beds, nice linens and fluffy towels. I slept very well here.

The inner courtyard is a tranquil place to relax after a long day of sightseeing.

If you're visiting Granada, don't even think of staying anywhere else - stay here. You'll be happy you did."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2004