Good

Beds are small and hard as rocks

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"The main problem with this hotel is the beds. The "matrimonio" bed (for 2) is 1.2 m x 1.9 m, that makes it a double bed, but really small by today's standards. It was also REALLY REALLY hard. We couldn't get comfortable, tossed and turned for 2 nights there. There was only one long pillow on the bed and when I asked for more pillows the lady looked shocked that we wanted 3 more (for a total of 2 pillows per guest!), but she did bring them.

I felt like I was staying at a very meticulous aunt's house and she wasn't pleased to see me. Room was small, there is a balcony (watch out you can get locked out on the balcony!), the AC worked well, and it was clean, very clean actually. Small but clean. And there was free wifi.

It is on a really noisy street at the bottom of the steep road that leads to the Alhambra. No view. There's a little cafeteria down the stairs where you can get a good breakfast for a really good price with the locals. Area is safe, you can park on the street. There are buses to go downtown because it's hard to park in the city.

If this hotel didn't have such uncomfortable beds it would be a good value, but what's the use of a hotel if you can't sleep there?"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2010

Lovely little hotel

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"My husband and I stayed at Hotel Albero during our trip around Spain in April. It is a true gem of a hotel. It was outside the center of the city, but its proximity to bus stops (including the tour bus) made that a non-issue. The rooms were clean and larger than some more expensive hotels, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We paid a negligible amount for breakfast, which included croissants, bread, jam, coffee and tea and was totally worth it when we wanted a quick bite before heading to the Alhambra. If you go to Spain, you should definitely go to Granada (what a city!) and definitely stay at the Albero."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of June 2010

Best value for money!!!

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"We arrived after midnight but there was no problem whatsoever with our reserve and a nice gentleman was waiting to check us in.
The room was very clean with a very nice private bathroom. The only problem is the noise, from canalization to other people talking outside our room, we heard a bit of each.
Location is perfect if you go visit Alhambra!
5 stars because for this money (€39) I believe it would be impossible to find a better place!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of June 2010

Excellent budget hotel, great location, highly recommended

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"The Albero is a great budget hotel - clean, comfortable (small rooms - but what can you expect for the price?), quiet, with friendly, helpful staff. The location was great for us as we were travelling by car and it was a breeze to find from the motorway on wide streets (elsewhere we often spent a frustrating and frightening hour trying to find our hotels on steep, narrow, one way streets and then had to park miles away at a high cost). We managed to park right outside the Albero (there is a parking 'street' right by the entrance, which is round the back) for two days at no cost and then made short bus trips to the Alhamra and the city centre (be aware though that the last bus back leaves at about 11pm). Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2010

A wonderful hotel and a terrific bargain

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Albero Hotel in Granada was such a find! It's probably the best value in a hotel we've found anywhere. The room was great, the staff lovely. A convenient bus ride to center city. We will be reluctant to stay anywhere else the next time we visit Granada!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

super little hotel. great value for money

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"Small clean hotel on outskirts of Granada. Parked our car outside and left it there safely for the duration of our stay. warmly greeted at reception and given map, bus times and directions to go into town centre or up to Alhambra."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of April 2010

Good value hotel in this lovely city.

Reviewed Mon 25th of March 2013

"Hotel Albero is a good value base for exploring Granada and particularly the Alhambra. It is located slightly out of the city but there is a regular bus service, number 33, outside the hotel it runs until about 11.00pm. About 10 minutes into the town. The hotel is located on the road leading up to the Alhambra and again there is a bus, number 13, which you can get if you do not want to walk the steep road. Bus costs about 1.2 Euros per journey although you can buy a card on the bus for multiple journeys at a cheaper rate.
The hotel itself is basic but well decorated and maintained. The room we had was fairly small but with a nice bathroom. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the room attended to each day.
I chose this hotel because I had my car with me and secure parking was available at a cost of 5 Euros a day. There is street parking available and it not an area that is particularly at risk. Also it is easy to get to from the motorway network.
There are 4 local restaurants and bars, we only tried one for a sandwich and it was OK.
A light breakfast of Orange Juice, Toast, Croissant and Tea/ Coffee is available at 3 Euros per person.
If you want a good, clean, well presented hotel with no frills and a very competitive rate I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of April 2010

Totally satisfactory

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"I can only endorse the positive comments made by previous reviewers. The hotel is clean, rooms comfortable (we had a room with a good balcony), and 3 euro breakfast is adequate (fruit juice, croissant, toast, coffee - and no charge for additional coffees) and well priced. The staff are helpful and friendly.

The hotel is a 15 minute bus ride to the City, but the bus service (route 33) is frequent, and stops about 70 metres from the hotel (get the 33 from the Bus Station or from by the cathedral, and get off at the Parada de Restorante Albana). The route 13 takes 5 minutes to the Alhambra, and stops only a few yards from the hotel, so the location wasn't a problem.

The restaurante Albana, 100 metres away, is worth a visit if you don't end up in the City one night - excellent food at reasonable prices."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of March 2010

Comfortable, friendly and helpful

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"Four of us (one couple, two singles) stayed at Hotel Albero at the end of November 2009. We were there without a car.

The rooms are traditional Spanish - shutters as well as curtains, marble floors. Because it was winter, the rooms were heated at night and in the morning - more than adequately: I needed to turn it down. The ensuite bathroom consisted of basin, toilet, shower (plenty of hot water). Hair-dryer was fixed to the wall. No kettle in the room - I missed my very English morning cup of tea! The room was clean and and the bed comfortable; plenty of wardrobe and storage space.

Continental breakfast is offered as an option, and the owner purchased gluten-free products for me when I asked.

The hotel is out on the edge of Granada, but there's a bus-stop close by and it's less than ten minutes ride into the centre of the city; and another close-by bus-stop takes you to the Alhambra ticket office in less than 5 minutes. You can purchase a card to 'charge up' with money and use (like the London Oyster Card) on all bus trips - this reduces the cost per journey.

The owner, who speaks adequate English, was friendly and extremely helpful, with information and suggestions. He directed us to various tapas bars and restaurants nearby where we could get an evening meal; and he organised for us to join a guided bus trip up into the Sierra Nevada to see the White Villages. This was not a trip we would have found for ourselves.

I would stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of December 2009

Ideal location, excellent value

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"Couldn't ask for more with this hotel. Helpful staff, easy access from motorway, free street parking, clean rooms, buses to Alhambra and city centre, free wifi, great price."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of October 2009

Great value for money

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"We stayed at Hotel Albero during 2 nights and would surely recommend this hotel to everyone ! The hotel is located not far from the Alhambra, a bit outside the city.
For 44 euro we had very good value for money : a clean room, friendly staff, place to park your car, proximity of bus station and Alhambra. Breakfast is possible for 3 euro's.
Busses leave for the city at 300m from the hotel + the highway is right around the corner. We had a bit of noise, but during the night this was no problem."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of October 2009

Best value and service, hidden gem, will stay again and recommend to anyone

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"This is the best value/service hotel we stayed in our 2-week trip in Spain and Portugal. I booked all hotels online, and Albero web page didn't stand out. This changed right after we entered our room. It is clean, new with marble bathroom, hair dryer etc. The photo of the entrance did not do justice to this place. Well, don't judge the book by its cover :). The owner is extremely helpful to guide us. The location is very close to Alhambra, we parked our car at the back of the hotel (free street parking) and took the bus (3 minutes) to Alhambra (I saw people walking uphill to Alhambra, but I'd rather save my energy and don't recommend that under Sept heat). Bus 33 goes to downtown Granada. For anyone who drives to Granada and have budget in their mind, this is a great choice."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of September 2009