About Hotel Port Sitges

• kitchenette
  • hot tub

A Perfect Break!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"After a wonderful stay in the Port Sitges Resort we can only describe our experience as truly one of the best holidays we have had & will certainly be returning!

We were initially surprised by the size of our suite and the cleanliness was of an excellent standard. We had a sea view terrace which faced the picturesque marina, bedroom with kitchenette (with full mini-bar) and living space all in all very good value for money. The facilities on offer are of a very high standard, pool, jacuzzi, sauna, internet facilities all readily available!

The atmosphere within the resort was relaxed and friendly and hotel staff were most attentive and helpful. We opted for B&B and were pleasantly surprised by the choice and quality that was on offer.

In the port itself there is a vast selection of quality restaurants which are reassuringly frequented by the 'locals'. After enjoying dinner we would recommend a visit to Nirvana for one of their very tasty cocktails!

Finally, we would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly to anyone who is looking for a relaxing break in a beautiful resort near a selection of beaches! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did! :-)"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Beautiful Setting Outisde of Town

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Even after reading previous negative reviews of this hotel, I can still say that my husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms (bedroom, sitting room with kitchenette and bathroom) were all spotlessly clean upon arrival and every day thereafter. The cleaning staff was meticulous and unobtrusive - I would leave the "please clean the room" sign out and take off for an hour and upon my return everything would be done! The view of the marina is lovely - you'll likely have either a sunrise or sunset view. The small strip there was great for sightseeing but the restaurants (save the pizzeria) were overpriced and had problems with flies. The hotel staff was helpful and the breakfast was excellent. (RE: breakfast - 1. It is a bit pricy (10 Euro) but has a large selection of foods. We did not know it was included in our bill until check-out and would have had it every day if we had known - so be sure to check. 2. There are no other places open for breakfast unless you go into town so be sure you take advantage of the big spread. 3. Another reviewer was right - there was no hot water, which made hot chocolate pretty tricky - read: impossible - but everything else was so good I did not mind.) The hotel is a 25-30 minute walk to the city center but it is a beautiful walk on the cliffs, overlooking the ocean, so it is worth the exercise. We took a taxi only once when it was pouring outside. The concern over the gay beach resort expressed by others is overblown - we encountered no problems. However, when the reviews and guidebooks talk about nude beaches, they are not kidding - the beach just to the south of the hotel is used mainly by men and they are completely nude so if you are concerned, stay closer to town where there are more family oriented beaches. Overall, I would certainly stay here again for a reliable, comfortable and clean hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

Disappointing

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Having arrived laden down with bags, a buggy and a two year old child my wife and I had hoped for some help when we first arrived at the externally very presentable Port Sitges Resort. Not for the first time were we to be disappointed in our expectation. There was "No-one to help senor" although the unsmiling receptionist suggested that I could use the luggage trolley if I wanted. Things had not got off to a good start.

The apartment itself was clean if rather spartan with a nice view over the marina and the sea beyond. If someone were to ask what sort of hotel it reminded me of, I'd say somewhere between the Pontin's chalets of my childhood and a modern travel-lodge. All well and good in their own right, but not a four-star establishment.

The biggest problem with the room, we found, was the complete lack of any form of noise insulation. And it wasn't that people were being noisy - there was hardly anyone around (see previous reviews) The combination of pseudo-marble floors, metal door frames and the flimsiest of walls between apartments meant that unless you put your ear plugs in you could hear every step being made and every detail of your neighbours nightly visit to the toilet.

Daily servicing wasn't brilliant either. On one occasion the rubbish was left in the room and on more than one occasion we had to ring down for toiletries which just hadn't been replenished by the maid.

Minor inconveniences included a fridge which didn't work, "free internet access" in the lobby - which didn't work - and a "hot" water supply in the breakfast room which only supplied luke warm water.

As for the resort itself, well the Port area was quiet with some nice restaurants and a pleasant little beach. The town is much livelier with a good selection of shops, bars and a frequent, cheap train service into nearby Barcelona. The only drawback is that the quickest route into town is via some steps to the side of (but not belonging to) the hotel which are dangerous, unlit and covered in dog mess.

The bottom line is that the Port Sitges Resort just isn't up to four star standards. For our first three nights we'd stayed at the Melia, just up the hill. It, too, is a four star establishment. It charged almost exactly the same room rate but was a world apart, not just in terms of the quality of the accommodation and it's facilities but, most importantly, in terms of the attitude of it's "front of house" staff who were always happy to help. I think the "attitude" problem is summed up by our departure, which was very similar to our arrival in that there was no-one to help with the bags. The only difference was that when I asked if I could use the trolley the lady simply shrugged her shoulders and said "It's not here. I don't know where it is. You will have to carry bags".

Would we return to Sitges? Yes. To the Port Sitges Resort. No."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2005

Good hotel, friendly staff,- a quiet retreat in Sitges

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks in Port Sitges and liked the fact that the hotel and surrounding port area was generally very quiet, as made it a relaxing retreat from the hectic town. The hotel rooms and facilities were good, although by no means luxurious,- our air con in the main room had a tendancy to leak, the gym room equipment had seen better days and the sun loungers were worn out. Having said all that, the Jacuzzi was great, the rooms were a good size, the view across to town was fantastic and the staff were friendly.

The walk into town is fine for burning up calories, but be warned that late at night the gates into the port are locked, so you either have to climb over or take a long walk round to the main port entrance. On the night's when we didn't go into town, there were plenty of places in the port to have a pleasant meal and a quiet drink.

Overall a good hotel for any couple looking for somewhere a little bit special and quiet, but unpretentious."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of August 2005

On first impressions

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"I took by two daughters to Sitges for 5 days. On first impressions we were pleased with the look, location, clealiness of hotel. Check-in quick, staff professional. We had a hire car and no problem parking outside but beware the hotel give you a pass in and out of the marina at a charge of 9 Euros a day which I was not told about until i received my bill! Our room had a lovely view of marina, but the air con was leaking water all over floor but this was fixed quickly, although they needn't of bothered air con useless, very hot and stuffy did complain twice but nothing done. Apartment nice size but not 4 star standards furniture very sparce. Bed extremely hard! Pool ok but not enough room for many people around it we were a bit disappointed there was no pool bar, not much atmosphere there, so used beach. Beach at end of marina lovely, beach to the right nude! Bars and resturants on marina nice but very quite espcially during week hardly a sole around during the day. Sitges bit of a walk but enjoyed the walk there, but not coming home, up hill. Wouldn't go back again, would prefer to stay in Sitges i think where its a bit livelier, had no problems with gays, kept themselves to themselves. This hotel is more of a business hotel than a holiday one."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2005

Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My partner and I have just returned from a five day break in Sitges. This was our second visit and it will not be our last!

Sitges is a cosmopolitan beach resort with Barcelona a 30 minute train ride away. The resort attracts Spanish holiday makers, as well as gay couples and singles from all parts of europe and further afield. The mix works well and creates a relaxed non-threatening environment. Our female travelling companion felt safe even when walking back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning.

The Port Sitges Resort Hotel has a great out of town location overlooking a marina. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are well appointed. The staff are efficient and friendly. We had a problem with our shower and we were offered another room immediately. We stayed on a room-only basis so cannot comment on the food. There is a small gym, a sauna, a jacuzzi and swimming pool. The pool was never busy and was a great place to relax.

There are sandy beaches either side of the marina if you prefer to swim in the sea. One of the beaches allows nudity if you are comfortable with shedding your clothes.

The marina has some great restaurants, but they are more expensive than the equally good restaurants in Sitges town. The town is a good 15-20 minutes walk away, but the walk is a great way to build up your appetite and walk off the affects of over-eatting! Try some of the smaller restaurants up the side streets rather than the ones overlooking the promenade. There are some wonderful treasures to be found.

Relax and enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of June 2005

Beautiful Hotel

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Having just returned from five days at the Port Sitges Hotel I have nothing but nice things to say. The location is perfect, peacefull and with fabulous views. The rooms were nothing short of fantastic, large living room kitchen and seperate bedroom and bathroom, the views from all the rooms are of the sea and some have great views of Sitges town (there were a lot of colleagues with different rooms). The staff were very friendly and accomodating, you must try the Paella from the hotel restaurant and accompany it with a bottle of "Ermita D'Espiells" its fantastic!!! If I had to give a slight warning it would be to take walking shoes as they are many many steps to climb to get to Sitges! Sitges itself is about a 15 minute walk and a very pretty one, although taxis are cheap around 6 euros from the hotel. The promenade is great for a quiet walk and they have some great shops and restaurants to mooch around."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of January 2005

Perfect rooms (suites), but far from everything

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I spent 3 days in the Hotel at the end of March 2004. I was a little scared about the whole town, since I realized that Sitges is a gay oriented resort. I participated in a medical conference (held in the Melia 5 mins from the Port Sitges Resort). I have arrived with one of my collegue (also male), so we had some fears about the "warm" welcome! :-) I can assure everybody: they were perfectly okay with us! We were warmly welcomed (at 1.00. AM) and had an axtra fast (30 seconds) check in (thanks for the booking on the net). The room is not a room, but a ****+ suite!!! Perfect view to the port (if you like sailing, you will be astonished by the noises of the hundreds of sailboats in the dock, but if you close the window, it is perfectly silent), spacious living room, two bedrooms and a beautiful bathroom with all of the complementary toiletteries! We were impressed. The next day we realized that it was completely true: it is far from everything! Better to take always a taxi (not too cheap, but comfortable solution). We had only one dinner in the restaurant of the Hotel. Shortly: I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, who comes from a country with delicous foods! (I am from Hungary and we have very good ones :-)) All together: I would come back anytime if it is needed for a conference, but not for a holiday. It is too "warm" for me! :-)))"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of November 2004

An Enjoyable Time in Port Sitges Resort Hotel!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"My partner and I have just returned from a 5 day stay in the Port Sitges Resort Hotel, Sitges.
From our time there (and with few reservations) we would highly commend this hotel to prospective guests. On the plus side, we found the hotel to be spotlessly clean and well maintained, our room was well appointed, comfortable complete with all the comforts of home and serviced on a daily basis! - a haven of rest and relaxation after a day in the Catalan heat of August.
The staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful and check in (from our internet booking) was most efficient and trouble free. Any queries or information regarding hotel facilities/the local area/sevices etc were handled in a most efficient and curteous manner. There is an excellent Leisure Centre, comprising of pool, sauna, jacuzzi, fitness centre etc. The night time views from the room balcony across the marina and towards Sitges town is most enchanting, particularly during the fiesta which was taking place during our stay when the town went into party mode with night time firework displays on Sitges beachfront creating a wonderful vista.
As we booked the hotel on a room only basis, and having chosen to take our meals etc in the myriad of restauraunts and cafe's in Sitges town or on day trips, we are not in a position to comment on the hotel's restauraunt fare. There are also a number of restauraunts and bars in the port, adjacent to the hotel.
The only reservations we have regarding our stay at the Post Sitges Resort relate not to the hotel accommodation etc but rather to it's location. If you want a quiet restful accommodation with a high standard of accommodation and facilities and lovely views, then this for you. The hotel is located a good 15-20 minutes walk from the centre of Sitges (12-15 minutes if the gate at the sea end of the hotel allowing a short cut - via steps - is open, we found it locked at night thus necessitating a long detour on foot)
If on the other hand, you are a "night owl" and spend a fair amount of time on the go, the walks to and from the hotel can become somewhat tiresome - taxi's are not that plentiful and cost an average 5-7 euro from town to the hotel. Also,the nearest shop or convenience store is some distance away from the hotel - in the town actually.
In summary, we have nothing but nice and pleasant memories of our stay in this hotel and would be quite happy to stay there again on visiting Sitges."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2004

Beautiful Hotel in fantastic setting

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I recently spent 6 nights in the beautiful Port Sitges Resort hotel. It was the perfect relaxing setting after a hectic few days in Barcelona.
The hotel is just at the end of the most beautiful harbour and all rooms have a sea view. Stunning.
The rooms were cleaned daily to a very high standard and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The only problem we had was that when we stayed there it was the 2nd week in May and Sitges itself was extremely quiet during the week. At the weekend though it was buzzing.
There are several very good restaurants just on the harbour which are value for money. Fantastic fish, of course.
I would definitely recommend this resort hotel to anyone, although if you want a bit of atmosphere from other visitors I suggest you book in June/July. I will hopefully go back soon."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of May 2004