About Hotel El Cid

• french amenities
  • shared lounge tv area
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • vending machine
  • solarium
  • catalan amenities

Sitges First Time

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"This was our first visit to Sitges, and we must say the hotel is literally a 5 min walk away from the railway station and again 5 mins to the beach. We stayed on the 3rd floor facing the pool, it was fairly quiet but as with all hotels walls seem to be thin !
Basic furnishings with no air con, but a ceiling fan which does the trick, ideally it would be good to have a fridge but you get what you pay for. Rooms were cleaned everyday and with clean towels provided every day which is very good. The cleaners do arrive early so a 'Do Not Distrurb' sign would be ideal, especially if you have been out to the early hours. Breakfast was far better than expected, plenty of cold/hot drinks, rolls etc - far better than some higher rated hotels we have stayed in. There is a lot of wasted space through the foyer leading to the the lifts - we have never seen so many lounge settes -must be at one for every room ! Overall a good basic 1* hotel, however we finished our holiday with two days in Barcelona in a 3* Hotel, which was not a patch on this hotel, and we wanted to return ! We would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Cheap but Clean and Well Located

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I stayed at the El Cid in June, 2007. I have stayed at several other hotels in this resort but decided to stay at the El Cid on this stay because of the price. This is an older property and is decorated accordingly [70's Spanish]. The rooms are small but are kept very clean. The maids knocked on the door every morning at 9.00 am wanting to make up the room - perhaps they need to introduce a 'Do Not Disturb' system for those of us who like to lie in on our holidays. The Hotel has one lift - old and slow but it did the job. Some of the reception staff were very helpful others were indifferent not even bothering to say 'Hello' when I went through reception. The walls between rooms are very thin - you can hear every word spoken from the adjoining rooms. The rooms do not have TV's [a big loss for me as single traveller] nor air con - however we musn't forget that this is only a 1 star hotel. The location is good - about 5-10 mins walk from the seafront. My room overlooked the pool - but there was no wall between me and the room next door - not the best set up. The pool looked inviting and was well used. All in all a good basic hotel for people on a tight budget. If you want a few more frills go elsewhere."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Great value for money

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Stayed at the El Cid from May 19 until May 26 2007. This hotel is really value for money. I had a double room for single use and loved the vintage look of the place and the use of my balcony.
It is very centrally located near the main street and a short walk from the beach. The rooms are very clean and they serve a decent breakfast. Pool OK too. The main asset of the hotel is its receptionist TONY who took great care of me and makes you feel welcome the minute you walk into the door."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Great value - good location

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"El Cid is a great value hotel. The rooms are fairly basic but are very clean. Request a room overlooking the pool. Have stayed in various rooms - room 417 has a great terrace. Friendly staff, good breakfast (if you wake up in time..... expect late nights in Sitges!). Great location - only a few minutes from the bars, clubs and restaurants and about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the beach.
Pool is great, particularly later in the day when you feel like a break from the beach. I have stayed at El Cid several times and returning again in May 07."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of May 2007

Does exactly what it says on the tin

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Dont come here expecting luxury. There's no TV, or air-con in the rooms.

But it's basic, clean and friendly. Breakfast is included, which is also basic, but okay.

Bedrooms are very - an I mean very - basic, but the beds are comfortable, with daily maid service. The lack of air-con would, I think, make the rooms very uncomfortable in high summer, but my room was fine last week with temperatures around 80-85 degrees.

The bathroom was small, no bath, just a shower, but it was easy to operate and get the temperature just right.

Right in the middle of Sitges, short walks to train station and the seafront - but then Sitges is a small town. Some nice restaurants close.

I was warned about noise and brought ear plugs as a precaution, but honestly my room at the front of the hotel was rather quiet, but remember that Sitges is rather a late town, so expect street noise and other residents returning until about 3am."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Central and convenient

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Although we paid over the odds by booking so late (and in high season) this hotel was excellent value, with a lovely clean pool.
The room would have benefitted from more eletrical sockets (there was only 1 we could find) and the breakfast lost its gloss by having exactly the same range on offer every day - but most places in this price range do the same.
Very central to the bars and beaches - but, as the accomodation is split up into two blocks, it doesn't feel like a hotel that has 70+ rooms.
The lack of air-con didn't prove to be a problem for us - as the temperature on the coast dropped at night and we had a nice breeze to keep us cool. Make sure you book at the right time and this is a bargin."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

Fantastic value for money.

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"This is the second time I have stayed here.Such a friendly hotel,Staff really helpful.Alvero the barman looked after us very well.Pool has been re vamped since I was here in 2002.My fear of lifts was not helped when I got stuck in it on my first day but in no time at all the staff were on hand to get me out.So if you have a fear of lifts I was told it is a common occurrence."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Fantastic!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Clean, friendly, great pool, brilliant staff but above all fantastic value for money!! If you want air conditioning, mini-bar, room service etc. then look elsewhere but for a no nonsence place to stay then I highly recommend it. Call them before you arrive and request a pool view room - they'll usually oblige!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

good friendly hotel

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"good friendly hotel, staff very helpful, nice clean rooms, good location, great breakfast, all round a nice place to stay, would definately go back."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2005

Charming, warm and friendly

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"During a recent visit to beautiful Sitges, we stayed at the Hotel El Cid, having booked it over the internet for a very good price, we were not expecting too much. However, on arrival we were more than pleased with the charm and character of this deceptively sized hotel.
Our room was comfortable and reasonably sized with an enormous terrace that looked onto the street below. yes there was a little noise from passing traffic but this did not cause too much of a problem and was compensated by the cleanliness of the room and the efficiency and friendliness of the staff in general. a special mention must be made of Iloy the barman who endeavoured to help improve our Spanish in the most amusing and endearing manner.
In addition to the pleasant quirkyness of the hotel decor we were greeted every morning by the most appetising array of foods and beverages. This was unbelievable when we considered the low price we had paid for the room.
Fellow residents were of varying ages, nationalities and from a variety of backgrounds but everyone appeared friendly and sociable.
Hotel El Cid is apparently closed for the winter months, but we cannot wait to return as soon as possible and again use it as the conveniently located and most welcoming place to stay in Sitges."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of November 2002