PortAventura Hotel Caribe

Rambla del Parc s/n PortAventura Resort, 43840 Salou Spain

Fantastic family holiday

"We had some reservations about booking this hotel having read a number of reviews on this site. I honestly cannot imagine what peoples expectations are of a 4 star hotel because this hotel certainly meets 4 star criteria. The rooms are very smart, plenty of room and immaculately clean. The superior rooms are even grander and probably worth paying extra for. The pool areas and lake are stunning. The hotel staff are friendly and extremely efficient. The dining room is inviting and there are numerous dishes to choose from - surely something to please everyone's palate. The food is immaculately presented and the buffet areas are constantly tidied so as to to maintain presentation for incoming guests. On a few occasions the dining room was very busy and there were short queues for some of the dishes. I think this is pretty standard in most 4 star buffet style restaurants abroad. I thought the dining room was managed extremely well and our drinks were also served immediately. The hotel was decorated superbly for halloween which was especially fun for the children. The entertainment was of a very high standard for a hotel - shows that adults and children alike would enjoy. You can of course visit the other Port Aventura hotels to sample their entertainment. The El Paso is worth a visit at night as they have an outdoor halloween show which was excellent. Port Aventura the theme park is excellent. Overall this holiday destination is perfect for families. Yes there were small critisisms - timing of the evening entertainment for example - it was very late for young children - but this is Spain where young children stay up late........ We overheard a few families complaining about little issues during the week and could not believe what we were hearing. One complaint was that the bar in the pool was not open in October. Unlikely the hotel would bother opening it - there was no-one in the pool at this time of year. Clearly they had expected a 5 star grand deluxe hotel for their money. How sad we are a nation of complainers. We will definitely return we all had a fabulous time and made some fabulous friends too."

Total Fun.

"We naturally visited the trip advisor web site before booking the Carib.Generally we booked with an open mind.Within minutes of arriving at the hotel we were overwhelmingly suprised at the overall relaxed,quality feel of the place.
We stayed for one week and have no regrets.
Accomodation excellent
Food Varied well displayed and labelled.
Entertainment;superb
Met some wonderful people,including the staff.
We will definately re-book as long as it is not at the same time as matey !!."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of October 2005

hated the caribe resort, butlins in the costas

"just returned frm this hotel, which I must stress is no way a 4 star, more like two. The rooms are in prefab blocks not unlike a pontins. the walls are so thin that you can hear your neighbours going to the toilet. We booked a Superior room at the hotel and when we where shown to the room, it was no different to a standard room, in the bathroom we found cockroaches and other insects and the room smelt of damp. Upon complaining to very inadequate Reception Staff we were finally given a different room that was no better, but unleast we didnt have the visiters. The sofa bed in the new room was not made up, we had to ring reception several times to get this matter done at eventually 10p.m. a maid finally arrived. Both children had to sleep in sofa bed.

would not receommend this hotel to anyone. On the plus side the Port Aventura Theme Park is very good, and was included in the hotel package."

Not our cup of tea

"didn't read rewiews til after booking hotel so was quite abit put off.

Room abit cramped with husband 2 kids 6 and 9 and baby 6 months old. Cot was placed directely infront of bathroom so if you wanted toliet in middle of night then careful u didn't walk into the darn thing.

kids didn't rate the beach pool and with the sand being directly in front of us there was always sand in the room.

Travel agent in england sold us 3 day pass theme park tickets but surprised when we checked in that admission was free for the whole week.

No chance of an early night u were woken up at 11 30 pm every night with the fireworks going off up at the theme park.

Best trip we had was JEEP SAFARI be warned don't wear your best clothes...."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of October 2005

Nice hotel but staff can be off putting and rude !!!!

Good

"At first impressions this hotel looks the business. The pools are lovely, one is a simulated sandy beach. The rooms are adequate but the trains flying past the hotel at all hours are a bit annoying. The food is what I expect from a buffet style resteraunt, cold and unappealing. What I didnt expect was how rude and unhelpful the staff can be. When we first arrived the receptionist was cool at best. She drew a circle around where our room was situated and basically ushered us away. I asked about help with our luggage as the room was a fair distance away, her reply was to shake her head. To my disgust we reached our room and saw a buggy off loading a spanish famly luggage into the one next to ours. We went for breakfast with no problem for the first 3 days and then a lot of spanish holidaymakers turned up which meant it was packed. I entered the resteraunt to find myself being ushered to sit outside by the staff. I didnt want to sit in the cold as the food was lukewarm at best so I spotted a vacant table inside and sat down as soon as I did the manageress waltzed over and started saying no,no,no I was about to protest and she waved a dismissive hand in my face and started clearing the table. I was furious and told my family we were going to eat in town, to my disgust as I turned around the manageress was seating a spanish family in our seats. I never ate there again. On our departure I was disgusted (but kind of expecting it) to find the receptionist didnt ask if we enjoyed our holiday! she didnt even say goodbye!! If you fancy hot plentiful breakfasts and meals whilst in salou go to the titanic bar.(10 mins walk into town). I would not set foot in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2005

What are peoples expectations. This hotel is superb

"I really wonder what people expect when going to this hotel.It's in Spain so the choice of english tv channels is obviously limited We couldn't be happier, 2 adults + a 2 yr old.
Lovely pools, and comfort of indoor pool and jacuzzis.
Food was buffet style as expected,with limited queueing and a good array of foods , which are regularly well replenished.
2 restaurants for the buffets which relieved queues further, the larger one seemed to have a better choice.
particularly large choice of fresh fruits.
We stayed half board so couldnt comment on lunch.
convenient to town and to theme park for which there was a regular shuttle service.
stayed last year in El paso, but would rate caribe resort way above it. looking forward to going back"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of October 2005

some people too fussy. ideal . beach hol/florida type comb.

"stayed 22/9-1/9. 2 adults . 2 children 9 and 11yrs. half board. . good clean safe pool, ( nice touch supplied free beach towels, which u can easily change each day and take out to beach and water park . good coverage of the pools x two life guards . nice beach ( plages llarge) food ( more or less same as any other buffet supplied food. varied, fresh( abit over cooked) . abit of queuing but not too bad .no complaints except not enough drinks waitress. ( get order in asap. did complain re late drinks and bill written off!). nice clean accomodation. ( proper mattress at least) although children on bed settee and don't know how would fare if they were abit older.) evening entertinment: well its for the kids really and they loved it , whioh is all that matters. ( we sat out on the terrace enjoying the evening whilst they safely watched that.)
theme park. unltd visits. : great. went nearly every day ( easy to get to 10 mins walk or by free mini train) As hotel guests fast track on all rides ( except condor). unlimited. and when fass pass not working just go straight in fass pass entrance get straight on ride ! (lunch 25/35 a meal + cokes x 4.) bottle cold water on e1.25. ( so no rip off like euro disney.)
character visits ( woody woodpecker/betty boop at hotel and parks )
water park ( inc in price for 1 day) got busy but still good.not queuing too long.( don't need to hire rubber ring there were plenty). locker handy. ( e7)
tarragona romen amiphtheatre definately worth avisit ,as is tour of barcelona f.c. ( but avoid driving into barcelona at rush hour times , horrendous). paid £1,350. 10days 1/2 board x 4. via alpha rooms.( cheaper than 2 pther hotels , who are prob abit better) 483 easy jet manc - barcelona. car hire £200 from airport.( easy peasy drive to resort from there). overall very good value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2005

Superb Hotel

"We were a little worried after reading some of the reviews on this hotel but obvioulsy some people will find faults with anything.
This hotel and everything about it would be virtually impossible to beat
The Rooms were great and cleaned daily.
The food was fantastic - great choice and something for everyone.
The two pools were superb (especially the sand one)
The hotel layout was second to none. Loads of room, massive grounds, all low blocks.
Absolutely ideal for children
It was spotless and staff were very friendly
It included unlimited access to Port Aventura with a free bus service even though it was only a ten minute walk.
Drinks were not expensive - they were resort prices - Spain is not cheap anymore!!!
I never met anyone there who had found a better overall hotel before or likely to do so again in Salou.
I went to the El Paso (number 1 on the review list) and this is better
So good we are going back"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2005

Value for money

Good

"Myself and my family of 3 teenage children stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in May this year. The rooms were clean, reasonably basic but quite nice. All rooms have a balcony area with table and chairs to sit out on. The food at both breakfast and dinner was good and varied - surprised to see chips on the breakfast menu, but hey, who cares! The park was a 10 -15 min walk away (up hill) or you could get the free train from outside the hotel. The price of the waterpark and theme park were included for 2 days which was good value for money and worked out to be extremely good value for money when compared again Alton Towers where we stayed last year and cost £400 per night for a family of 6.
We are planning to travel to the resort again this year and stay at the PortAventura hotel which I am sure will be excellent."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

Good for the kids

"This hotel was very expensive. Went in august with husband and 4 children. Had a good time but cost us as much as 2 weeks in florida. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, but the accommodation is clean but basic. The rooms have 1 english channel on the t.v and the same downstairs in the bar. The food is reasonable but can be cold depending on the queues in the restaurants, which are usually large! Drinks and snacks are expensive, we were half board and spent £800 in the week just on drinks and lunch. The theme park was very busy and although entrance was included in the price you needed to purchase a fast pass for each of you to jump the queues. Overall had a good time but spent a fortune."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

Lack on interest

"Staff not helpful, cleaners forgetful, on the whole disappointing by experience.
holiday rep we spoke to said that the Porto Ventura group ate that big now they don't care about customers gripes, and it showed.
been twice to Hotel Caribe and 3 times to Hotel El Paso and that's it for me now. They even shut El Paso early due to lack of bookings and moved us to Caribe hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2016

Bed Bugs!

Good

"Stayed at Hotel Caribe end of May start of June 2012 had a great time food was great plenty of choice for breakfast and dinner,pools were clean and never packed so there was never a problem getting a sun lounger also well kept grounds.Passes for Portaventura were great went 4 times during our stay train picks you up outside hotel every 10 minutes to take you there.Unfortunately 3 nights before we came home we woke to find lots of little bugs in our bed when we pulled our bed away from the wall we found more bugs and lots of eggs reported this to the maid who did'nt really understand what the problem was and just put fresh sheets on the bed, we then had to go to the supermarket and buy bleach and try an get rid of them ourselves needless to say we never slept in that bed again so me my husband an 2 year old son had to sleep on the sofa bed me and my son currently have bite marks all over us."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2012

Hotels near PortAventura Hotel Caribe

Stayed at PortAventura Hotel Caribe? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for PortAventura Hotel Caribe

• kennedyd1 by kennedyd1

"The beach pool was fantastic for children "

• cliffm by cliffm

"busy seaside town. lots of traffic, lots of Pubs (English, spanish), and restaurants, nice beach "

• Never again by Never again

"Only go for 1 week max! "

• _Scottish family_ by _Scottish family_

"Go to Portaventura theme park at 5pm, stay till 9.00pm, and take your dinner in hotel at 9.30pm "

• emma2kate by emma2kate

"more entertainment in the hotel "

PortAventura Hotel Caribe is also called