Hotel

robbed

Reviewed 11th November 2016

"Was robbed by the cleaners at this hotel they went through a bag with my 2 rings and chain zipped away.... when complained at reception was told the cleaners were very honest... hmmmm and I don't think!! I find reception staff very ignorant as iv tried to call hotel several times to have the phone hung up on me! I would never go back to this hotel even if it was free!! £1500 worth gone and nothing done about it"

• Travel date: 13th October 2016

robbed

Reviewed 8th November 2016

"Was robbed by the cleaners at this hotel they went through a bag with my 2 rings and chain zipped away.... when complained at reception was told the cleaners were very trust worthy... hmmmm and I don't think!! I find reception staff very ignorant as iv tried to call hotel several times to have the phone hung up on me! I would never go back to this hotel even if it was free!! £1500 worth gone and nothing done about it."

• Travel date: 13th October 2016

Thieves

Reviewed 22nd September 2016

"I totally agree with the post about the thieves, 2 rings were taken out of our room, I can only blame the cleaner who could not look you on the face. Reception did not want to know about it, I have emailed this hotel twice but I am yet to receive a reply. "

• Travel date: 12th September 2016

Thieves

Reviewed 21st September 2016

• Travel date: 12th September 2016

A miserable time at the belvedere

Reviewed 15th October 2013

"Where to start? 4 years ago we stayed at the Belvedere Hotel and thought it was a fantastic holiday. One of the best hotels we have been to. It wasn't the only time we have stayed there but the fourth as we always highly recommended it. You could imagine how excited we were to return this year....... Until we actually arrived! Throughout the two weeks we stayed at the hotel we changed rooms three times. If it wasn't the load main road with the amazing views of a wall of tree's, instead of the pool in which we requested, it was the sliding doors which my husband oiled to be able to open (but still maintaining an inch gap when closed) or fixing the floor so it was safe to walk on without shoes. My husband asked twice for them to repair and make the flooring safe and after no one did anything about it he brought tape himself to do it. Ridiculous that the rooms were to such a poor standard in maintenance levels and cleanliness for the amount we paid to stay there. Could it have deteriorated in such a short amount of time? Obviously the new management do not regard this as a priority. Next was the food. Well for two weeks the food pretty much stayed the same day in and day out. If the food was nice that would have been great but it wasn't. It consisted of cold, greasy food which really didn't look appealing let alone taste appealing. It really was awful. The only good thing about the restaurant was the doorman who was one of the three friendly staff members in the hotel. Him and two of the entertainment girls who were very nice and welcoming. The rest were so rude and very bad mannered. Many of the British guest would discuss this amongst ourselves and without sounding funny really felt victimized by the other guests and the staff. Even to the point of being asked if they were British and then the staff member responding "well British people are ignorant" and then followed by more criticism as to the fact we were British. It was so disappointing. I could go on and on and on about the many factors of why this holiday was a terrible experience but I am trying to not sound too negative. Yes this is me keeping it on a positive note and I haven't even mentioned the many thefts in the hotel which took place in the short amount of time we were there! We were bitterly disappointed at how an extremely happy and friendly hotel a few years ago could have change so much. So if someone now would ask for a recommendation I would certainly say "no do not stay at the Belvedere Hotel "."

• Travel date: 12th October 2013

Good location but terrible hotel

Reviewed 27th July 2011

"I have just returned from Salou after going there with my daughter and some friends.Salou itself is lovely,beautiful beach and close to Portaventura and water park. The Hotel experience on the whole was negative ,Food terrible-as a vegetarian i didn't expect wonderment but i did expect a fair selection of food -how wrong was I!There was nothing for my daughter and I to eat expect for cold salad and pizza everynight.Even the rice had fish or meat in it.The food was very bland and the same every night-a few curries,spanish vege paella would have been nice.Our friends who eat meat also hated the food. Staff in the restaurant were rude and arrogant and when we complained about having to pay silly prices for drinks in the evening did not receive an apology.Pool is small and sunbeds dirty.Entertainment was very 1970's,some of the dancing acts were ok though.We would not return to this Hotel. "

• Travel date: 24th July 2011

nightmare

Reviewed 24th June 2011

"just back 210611 kids club you had to be over 65 did not speak english full off spanish nothing for kids too do hotel was ok food ok staff where nice but you never had english child rep i would not go back there got told it was english"

• Travel date: 21st June 2011

Family of 5 & had a great time

Reviewed 25th May 2011

"We have just come back from spending two weeks at this hotel and we had a great time. We have 3 kids aged 6, 3 and 1 and they didnt want to come home. Staff were really friendly, hotel was clean, food was fine. For a 3* hotel you couldnt ask for much more. We would recommend and would book at this hotel again."

• Travel date: 24th May 2011

not 4 english or families never again

Reviewed 4th November 2010

"were do i start just come back from this hotel 26 october party of 4 kids and 6 adults booked this hotel 4 kids club and hotel entertainment only 2 get their and find none of this it was all in spanish and kids club never open hotel was run 4 spanish witch were very ignorent at times food wasnt very good at all same every day and night always cold and not much choice 4 kids and i can eat anythink we had 2 eat out most nights rooms was very small with children the hotel was very clean despite everythink else we spent most of our time at the sister hotel over the road witch had mini disco 4 the kids 9 till 10 but they had only spainsh music on after that would never use this hotel again but salou was a lovely place "

• Travel date: 29th October 2010

unhappy

Reviewed 25th October 2010

"I have just spent 10 days in the hotel..while there there was NO entertainment for the British only a game of bingo the hotel cater's more the the spanish, we were unable to sit and watch anything asm it was all in spanish, who I will say were very arrogant towards us at all time..I do not rate this hotel to anyone who like to spend time with in the hotel as there is nothing there"

• Travel date: 23rd October 2010

3 stars! Does what it says

Reviewed 24th September 2010

"A reasonable hotel. The place has a HARD bed its ok but the pillows are like rocks. T.V Has 2 English broadcast channels if you want to watch it of a night. Average pool water polo and kids water polo. The hotel is only a few minutes away from PortAventura one of Europes biggest theme parks! Food is BRILLIANT 5 star. Daytime staff are helpful but nightime staff can not speak ENGLISH! This hotel is OK. Just book with Thompson."

• Travel date: 6th September 2010

anti british, don't go

Reviewed 12th July 2010

"the belverdere a clean hotel and that's about it .my wife and i spent two weeks there with our two grand children. the staff are useless( if you are british).it was full of bad mannered old spaniards (who hate the british). and every night there was atleast a coach load of arogant,bad mannered,loud,and ignorant spanish teenagers who ran wild every night.......the ones i blame for my holiday being ruined is first choice this hotel should not be in a british brochure.they are quick to get your money off you so why don't they get their finger out and do some thing about this hotel......p.s i put a complaint in about this dump ,but guest what still have'nt heard back off any one ....we will never use first choice or thomson again."

• Travel date: 3rd July 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Ohtels Belvedere

Top traveller tips for Ohtels Belvedere

• by Maryfitz

"Lock away all your belongings."

• by Maryfitz

"Lock away all your belongings."

• by magic123

"Eat out and watch entertainment in other hotels "

• by never again even if it was free

"not 4 the english or families"

• by siany

"if you can speak spanish then you will be ok...if not then go to another hotel"

• by soundaccord

"Visit to Tarragonna, Bus 4, buy bus card for around ten euros=87cents/person/trip "

• by Salou Holiday

"Portaventura, Titanic Bar, Robin Hood, Beach, Market, shops etc."

• by Salou Holiday

"Portaventura, water park, beach, local bars with tribute acts and entertainment etc."

• by mr t e

"not a hotel to stay in."

• by ryandky

"robin hood bar and danny boys"

• by ryandky

"very child friendly and lively"

• by chezzy_b4

"The Brown Cow and 007. "

Ohtels Belvedere is also called