Third visit

Reviewed Tue 28th of June 2016

"This was our third visit in four years to Sol Piramide Salou, but this time we took my son, his partner and two children. Yet again I had a really pleasant stay, the staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious, food is plentiful and the hotel is so close to the shops and beach. Unfortunately my daughter in law lost her phone on this visit, and Teresa who works in the fun bar was so helpful and kind and went out of her way to try and help us. Daniella who host the entertainment is fabulous with both children and adults and works tirelessly to make sure everyone has a great time.
Well done Sol Piramide Salou!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2016

A very pleasant hotel

Reviewed Tue 28th of May 2013

"My husband and I just spent a week in this hotel and I had the most enjoyable time. The staff were all friendly and pleasant, the food was all very good, lots of variety catering for all.
Our holiday was all inclusive so food and drink was unlimited.
Our room was clean and spacious and tended to on a daily basis. It is situated in a good location for the shops and beach what more could you ask for.
The fun pub bar was very pleasant and the staff most hospitable, especially Teresa, who was very kind to us on our first night when we rolled in at 11pm! The staff were always keeping themselves busy and forever cleaning and running around.
The dining room was clean and tablecloths were changed every time the tables were vacated, wine and water on every table.
My only minor complaint was that the pool wasn't heated and far to cold to use.
Would certainly use again."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of May 2013

Brilliant Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of August 2011

"I stayed in the Piramide Hotel for a week in August 2011 with my partner and my 1 year old son.

We where on a all inclusive basis and i must say the food, drink, and shows at night were fabulous! the three
Entertainment staff were brilliant!

Couldnt fault this hotel at all....already looking at prices to book it again for next year! "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2011

Brilliant hotel

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"We went for a week all inclusive. Could not fault anything. The restaurant staff are all very helpful and polite, as are the bar staff. Food was great with plenty of choice every day. Bedroom was basic I guess but I wasn't on holiday to stay in the room so it wasn't a problem. Air con worked well and had a balcony. What made the holiday so good though were the entertainment staff, they were great, always getting you to join in games to have a good time and get to know other residents. I would definitely go back again. 10/10"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2011

not a good experience

Reviewed Tue 28th of September 2010

"Thought the hotel looked fabulous on theit site. In fact it is very basic though clean, reception staff good.
Brochures show the dining room to have table cloths, this is not so. If you get a room facing one way you overlook and are overlooked by a tenement block, most unpleasant.
All entertainment totally revolved around children, totally unsuitable for anyone without children.
Bar facility was inadequate again with children running riot through it, encouraged by the entertaining staff.

Colin Gore. Liverpool"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of September 2010

Tell it how it was!!!

Reviewed Fri 20th of August 2010

"This hotel could not be faulted on anything!!! The pool was not cold. The food was good! The staff were friendly and helpful! The room was clean. Stop moaning about all the non existing faults!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

Just returned from a week's holiday at t...

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2008

"Just returned from a week's holiday at the Sol Piramide hotel. The hotel is well situated close to the beach and all amenities. The hotel is spotless with clean towels/bed linen every day. The beds are large, there is air conditioning, fridge and a free safe. The food was okay you would not go hungry but mainly it was lukewarm. The restaurant was more like a cafe with no table covers and plastic chairs. All in all everything was okay."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

This is the most honest opinion you will...

Reviewed Sun 31st of August 2008

"This is the most honest opinion you will read just remember in life you get what you pay for. The Hotel itself was nice and clean and the staff friendly the rooms were always clean but basic, people complain that there is only one english speaking TV channel in the room please get real do you go on Holiday to sit in your room and watch TV i dont think so. One excellent thing in my eyes was you could get a sunbed any time of the day, entertainment overall was basic, we spent little time in the hotel only to eat and have the odd drink. The Breakfast food was better than the evening meal and was on until 10:30am and the evening meals did not start until 19:30 and 20:00 on Friday and Saturday was fine in my eyes no rush to do anything. the Spanish food in the evening was better and suited us remember you are in Spain if you go away and want fish and chips in Spain i think there is something wrong with you.
I always ask myself would i go back to a hotel. Not to that hotel the resort is fine but it would just be nice to try another Hotel. Value for money it was OK."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

5 of us went the youngest being 18 and t...

Reviewed Mon 7th of July 2008

"5 of us went the youngest being 18 and the oldest was 72 and we can all honestly say that we enjoyed every minute we was there. The food was very good and there was always plenty of it and it was hot all the time. The rooms were very spacious and very clean, we had clean towels every day and the sheets were changed twice in 7 days. the
The hotel staff were allways very helpfull especially the receptionists. The pool was really good there was allways plenty of sunbeds available even in the afternoon. We would definately go back there again it was worthevery penny.

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

Went to Salou with my boyfriend (his fis...

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"Went to Salou with my boyfriend (his fist time abroad & mine without parents etc) when we arrived at our hotel the staff behind reception were so friendly, happy to help and welcome us!

Our room was lovely and big, immaculately clean, clean sheets & towels everyday, big bathroom, air con and balconey although we could hear some bad attempts at karaoke in the evening! The whole hotel was spotless which was nice and it was situated in a great spot not too far from the beach or shops or airport. We went to the beach most of the time however did go for a swim in the pool which was very big and there was plenty of synloungers around the pool for everyone both in and out of the shade.

I'd read some bad reviews about the food being cold however I think this may have been because they were walking around with it for ages as we found the food temperature fine. There was sooo much food to choose from, something for everone to eat and always pleanty of it for both breakfast and dinner.

They had nightly entertainment and although we did not watch it it always looked good and so did the childrens club and entertainment.

The only bad thing would be that there was only one tv channel in english.

Overall the hotel was great and i'm glad we chose it was definately worth the money (£350 for both of us) I would definately recommend this hotel great food, nice & clean & very friendly atmosphere."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

we booked the hotel spur of the moment,...

Reviewed Thu 5th of June 2008

"we booked the hotel spur of the moment, one week before. Its a nice hotel, good food, nice staff, and very clean. as the previous reviews said, it is a cold pool, but it seemed quite clean. The coldness didn't seem to bother my teenage daughter who played in it every day. the restaurant buffet was excellent and we always looked forward to the meals and deserts. the staff were courteous and helpful. The childrens entertainers are very nice and funny, they make a very good attempt to communicate even though they are Spanish. We overlooked the main road, and didnt get bothered by traffic, however on the Saturday night, the place was noisy all night, it seemed to be Spanish partying nearby, but that was the only night we were kept awake. Overall i would reccomend this hotel and would definately return someday. Although we booked with a local agentin our home town, the holiday was via Thomson holidays and I was dissapointed that the Reps didnt visit the hotel and only apparently visit if requested with a telephone call to the Salou office - the Thomas Cook rep comes over but as we wern't booked through them, she couldn't help us with queries about our return booking via a shuttle taxi and it was down to the hotel reception to help us find the correct phone number (This was organised with our holiday) "

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2008

I stayed at the Sol Piramide Salou for a...

Reviewed Thu 9th of August 2007

"I stayed at the Sol Piramide Salou for a week in July. I will start with the good bits, although be prepared, there aren't many...

The hotel itself was clean, big and spacious. The grounds to the hotel were quite tidy and attractive. The pool was massive but as you may have read in the previous reviews, this possibly is the coldest pool you will ever experience! I only went in it once.

The rooms are of a decent size with balcony and the cleaners come in every day and changed towels etc as often as needed.

Right well the bad bits...

Although the staff speak good English they don't seem to be very helpful or friendly. We had a problem with the safe in our room and although we reported it not working to reception staff, the issue was not resolved.

Other problems with the room included a few holes in the bathroom ceiling, rusty radiator and really noisy air conditioning. I would also say the choice of T.V Channels were poor, only one English speaking channel which was BBC world.

I would also criticise the view from our room. We were overlooking some locals not too attractive apartments, so as you can imagine it wasn't the best of views.

We went half board at the hotel and I’m not a fussy eater but I don't think I really enjoyed one meal. The breakfast was probably the nicest thing I had. The selection on offer was varied but somewhat strange. I'm not lying when I say this, they actually had sprouts on offer next to the bacon and eggs one day. Other days they had delights such as green beans and carrots with the breakfast options?? The evening food was ok; we just stuck to pasta, salad and chips. The menu didn't change much over the week.
The restaurant staff were not friendly at all and sometimes we didn't even get offered a drink. Preferential treatment was given to the Spanish guests, and the majority of guests were Spanish. This is probably why the evening entertainment was in Spanish and the children's club was aimed at Spanish children also.

All in all I would rate this more a 3 star hotel than a 4. Still I had a good week in Salou, but if I went back I wouldn't go the Sol Piramide Salou.

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

Hotels near MedPlaya Piramide Salou

Top traveller tips for MedPlaya Piramide Salou

• Mandy C by Mandy C

"If travelling from Reus airport, book your own transfer as trip is only about fifteen minutes, but can take over an hour on the coach. "

MedPlaya Piramide Salou is also called