Salou was a very lively and busy city to...

Good
Reviewed Tue 2nd of May 2006

"Salou was a very lively and busy city to stay in. It had exciting night life, lots of shops and wonderful restaurants/cafes plus beautiful beaches to lounge about in the day. The weather was fantastic. Port Aventura, a theme park, was just a short bus trip away from Salou which took about 5 mins to get there. The park was ace.

The rides were fun and the food places were reasonably ok. Port Aventura also had shops and had a few shows on every night. It's a great place to take the kids plus adults can have just as much fun! The hotel that I stayed in was generally ok. The pool was great and it had a good games/bar area.

The rooms were a little on the small side but we did get air conditioning (which you really needed) plus a little balcony. Overall the resort is a great place to stay in for a few days. "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Myself and my family of 4 stayed in thes...

Good
Reviewed Wed 11th of January 2006

"Myself and my family of 4 stayed in these apartments in the summer of 2004 for 2 weeks. We found the staff friendly and helpful and the apartments were immaculate. No complaints whatsoever.

We travelled with our children who were aged 8 and 16. Our 16 year old in particular enjoyed the resort, with all the friendly locals and nightly entertainment. We were worried at first about rowdy travellers and drunkards, but the Aparthotel is situated 10 minutes from the main street, which contains less than 5 bars altogether, all of which have a friendly family atmosphere.

I found the resort excellent for families travelling with older children, but younger children may not enjoy the heat or the lively entertainment. The area itself was very safe - my 8 year old son was able to wander during the day as he pleased and my 16 year old daughter enjoyed the nightlife without any dangers.

I would definitely recommend the holiday to young travellers, and reassure them that it is a very safe resort and also very friendly."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of January 2006