Basic Apartments

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2014

"Just got back from there and found everywhere spotless, cleaners were brilliant. The apartments are basic but we could not complain as it was a cheap holiday. The entertainment at the night was a bit tacky but as I have found most of Spain's entertainment. Just a typical Spanish holiday would say it is one of the better hotels in Salou. You have to pay a deposit of £100 euros on arrival but this was clearly told to me before arrival and I had no problems getting it back. "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2014

Beware!! Security deposit scam in operation

Reviewed Wed 28th of August 2013

"This hotel insisted upon me handing over my debit card upon my arrival, for a "security deposit" all my bank details were taken by them including my security number from the back of the card. They then debited my account by £100 and informed me it would be refunded upon my departure. I thought this strange as I had already paid for my holiday with jet2.com and there was no mention of a security deposit. I paid the local tax upon arrival, as jet2.com had informed me I would need to do. £100 was a lot of money for me being there with my children and was part of my spending money.

2 weeks later when checking out i asked for the deposit to be returned, I was informed very conveniently that the system was "down" and that it would be returned when the system came back on. I then had to leave with my children for the airport to catch our flights.

5 weeks later and despite numerous calls and emails to both the apartments and jet2.com they still have my £100, and wont return it.

Whomever is keeping my money is obviously working on the incorrect assumption that because its so much hassle to get the money back, that I will just let them keep my money which they have illegally scammed from me. They are mistaken.

As far as the apartment is concerned, its a bit like an ex army barracks from the cold war period. the facilities are pretty pathetic and very tired and worn.

wardrobe doors lying wide open constantly, as they wouldn't close, reducing the cramped space even further, and presenting a safety hazard to children in the apartment.

Air conditioning which caused all of our party to become ill, some requiring antibiotics on return to the Uk as the infection was so bad. likely to be dirty unchanged filters.

No hot water in the small cramped kitchen area, and a pathetic little cooker which took a dogs age to heat a pot.

Bed bugs, all of us were well bitten. Disgusting.

I wont go on in case it appears that my anger with the company is influencing my review of the facilities, which it isn't, I am being overly kind by stopping.

my summary of this hotel would be,

Don't touch it with a bargepole!

Stay anywhere else. and avoid being financially stung, well bitten, and possibly infected.

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of August 2013

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2012

"Got back from a week in Salou & stayed in Internacional 2 Apartments. Me & my friend, both 19, had the best holiday ever. Rooms were basic but were always clean. Had our towels changed 3 times & the cleaners were always friendly & helpful. The entertainment at this hotel is fantastic, music on from 10am till 12pm. Loz & Amber made our holiday! All the people that are writing bad reviews obviously dont know how to have fun! Definatley going back next year for 2 weeks & would reccomend this hotel to others!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

bed bugs

Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2012

"i just retured from the internacional hotel on the 12th july i was there with my mother and daughter i was in room 002 the room was basic but what we expected for price my mother and daughter both slept in 2 seperate beds and i on the couch when we returned home a few days later my mother came out in spots and then 2 days later my daughter did they were covered from head to toe the doctor said they possibly were bed bug bites and on checking info on computer discovered that they were as i had noticed one on my daughters bed when there but never new what they were at time i will be trying to contact the hotel about this would never go back which is a shame as the staff and rest of hotel were good "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2012

web address

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2012

"looking for web address for international 11 in Salou good hotel value for money good pool and close proximity to everything. would go back as there is plenty for kids to do"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2012

happy families

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2011

"would not go back there AGAIN arrived at 11.30pm had bought and paid for 2 rooms 1 to be on low floor with a cot as had a 1 year old baby and 4 year old and other could be any where as for 2 adults, on arrival i was told there was only 1 room booked on 5th floor without a cot so 1 couple were punted to another appartments that night and never got a cot until following day, never had maid sevice all week we were there on either rooms had to go and ask for clean towels and sheets and i was grunted at by reception had to buy our own toilet roll and cleaning products from local supermarket to clean the room , the room was a disgrace my dog has a better kennel "

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

wont be ina hurry to go back

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"myself and my husband are just home from a week in your hotel. (room 614) when we arrived into reception, i said beautiful airy place and reception staff very helpful but we did have a few issues .....
1.. out on the balcony the bucket was full of water we had to empty it (but that didnt bother us) when it spilled we had no mop to mop it up we had to use towels.
2.. desperate smell in the bathroom and long black hairs on the toilet seat
3.. very dusty on cable wire, looked as if the TV was only put into room before we arrived
4.. my hairbrush went missing on the tuesday after being cleaned
5.. rooms were suppose to be cleaned tuesdays and fridays JOKE as only fresh towels on the tuesday and we had to ask at 6pm for our fresh towels to get ready to go out
6.. sqeaky bed didnt sleep properly for the week except on the sun loungers during the day
7.. when departing we were not asked if everything was ok ..... as i am an accommodation manager i know the roution
8.. the bar staff very very friendly and chatty especially the lady in the pink with blonde hair.
9.. AND BEST OF ALL THE ENTERTAINERS THEY WERE AMAZING GREAT PEOPLE VERY VERY FREINDLY"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

Selfcatering apartment with no facilities for catering

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2011

"Just back from a week in this hotel with my son. Was very disappointed with this hotel This was the first holiday I took where for financial reasons I didn't stay in a 4star and I really regret now that I didn't spend the extra money and stay in a more upmarket place. My room wasn't swept out when I arrived and it was obvious the floor hadn't been washed in ages. I had so many cockroaches in the bathroom, I was terrified to have to go in there at night time.The catering facilities were so poor that we had to eat out everyday. The selfcatering apartment that doesn't let you cater for yourself. If I tried to boil the kettle and maybe charge my phone at the same time, all the switches tripped. If i turned on the 2 rings on the cooker, the switches tripped. The staff were fine and friendly, helpful and all that. The pool area was ok but couldn't sleep until midnight any night until the extremely noisy entertainment finished at midnight evry night. If i had to have brought my baby here, I reckon I would have had to move hotels. There is no way I could have had a small baby stay there.The location is great, the staff were great, their food was fine, it was just the accomadation was dreadful - dirty sheets, floors, delf, air conditioning that just didn't do anything for the stuffiness of the rooms, no fans in the bathroom. I didn't look forward to having to go back to the room any day and really wished that I had spent the extra few quid and got myself a decent comfortable clean hotel.When u only get one foreign holiday in a year and ure paying out €1000 approx u deserve to have some bit of comfort so lesson learnt for me - no more cheapies"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2011

Disgracefull

Reviewed Wed 5th of October 2011

"I spent 11 days and let me tell you room 437 is a health hazzard when we entered the hotel we paid our deposit and was given our key.We entered the room and was shocked at how small it was for 3 adults and a 9 year old there was no prvacy at all. The single beds were fine but the sofa bed as they called it was broke rep was notified nothing was done so spent 11 nights sleeping on mattresses on the floor there was a microwave.toaster and kettle in the room but only 1 socket and the microwave was 6 feet high.the mirror was cracked the full length when the rep reported it the came and put cellotape on it there was no slip matt in the bath.Towels changed on a sunday and thursday so anyone with medical conditions take your own towels.The hotel was just in holiday mode it was earthquake mode as the noise was terrible trumpets getting blown till 4/5am running up and down corridors chapping doors and fighting and when you try and complain the staff was rude and then play the I dont understand card.Then we had someone above throwing drink over the balcony; ruined clothes had to be binned; went and complained again but fell on deaf ears again "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2011

Worst Hotel on Earth, Ruined my Holiday

Reviewed Thu 14th of July 2011

"I wish to inform all of the following discrepancies with our apartment, apartment 624, in this excuse of a hotel.

We were required to hand over €100 of our spending money as a security deposit, we were NOT informed of any deposit before leaving.
The first apartment had pubic hairs all over the floor, dirt encrusted dishes, ants everywhere, human fecal matter remaining in the toilet bowl and rubbish everywhere.
When we requested to move the man at reception argued with us and made a huge ordeal out of it requesting that I climbed 4 flights of stairs 3 times to get various pieces of paper, stating the one I brought down was "the wrong one" and to get "the other one", when I got the other one I was told to "go get the first one".
The new apartment (624) we were issued was also FILTHY.
The "self catering" apartment did not have a kettle.
It was highly infested with ants.
We spotted cockroaches around the fridge area.
The fridge was rusted on the interior.
When the apartment next door cooked and washed their dishes a most offensive odour would waft out of our drain the following day.
The staff were extremely unhelpful when we informed them, they merely shrugged their shoulders.
The noise of the bar downstairs and of other guests was ridiculous at night.
The toilet was incapable of ceasing to flush once the handle was pushed unless the handle was pushed and pulled up and down several times.
The bathroom in general was dirty upon arrival, the bath appeared to have not been cleaned in weeks.
The dishes in the press were unclean.
The bin wasn't empty upon arrival.
There was a constant unpleasant smell in the room.
The air conditioning was very noisy.
We were actually asked to empty our bins and clean our room before departure.
We booked a double room but were informed that the hotel only had twin rooms upon arrival.

The following issues occurred with our representative, Leah Smith.
When we informed her that we felt ripped off she merely looked away from me.
When I asked for this email address she withheld it.
She informed me that if I didn't fill out a complaint form with her my complaint would be disregarded by your company.
When I filled out the complaint form she didn't inform me about the carbon copies so I had to fill it out again, this was most frustrating.
She was most unhelpful.

Needless to say we are not impressed by this disgraceful holiday. For the money we paid we should have been treated better.

In total we paid €1064 for our holiday. When the cost of our Port Aventura passes and our insurance is deducted the balance is €848.

The only reason we didn't change the room again was because the ordeal caused on the first move brought me to tears.
This was the worst holiday I have ever been on. I have never been so disgusted in my life before this.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRID DUMP!!"

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2011

Great Holiday, Going Back This Year

Reviewed Mon 21st of March 2011

"Hi, I had read some reviews about this hotel before we went last year and was quite nervous. I travelled with a friend, my 15 year old daughter and 13 year old son and I have to say we had a fantastic time.
The hotel was lovely. The room was clean and basic(which is all you need). There was a really good sized balcony and air conditioning. Microwave, fridge and kettle were all available. Anytime we needed extra towels or sheets we just asked housekeeping as they were passing by and it wasn't a problem.
The pool was a really good size and loads of sunbeds, entertainment was on during the day and in the evening. The hotel reception is manned 24 hours and we got a safe on arrival for a small refundable fee to keep passports etc in.
The food was basic but tasty and very reasonably priced. The hotel is very central to the town, the beach, loads of shops and restaurants nearby and was literally a five minute walk to the bus stop for Port Aventura.
Overall we had a great time and were really happy with this hotel and the holiday so we are going back this year again."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of March 2011

good holiday and no way as bad as reports

Reviewed Thu 16th of September 2010

"I have just come back from 12 days at these apartmetns and we had a great time. we were a family of four 2 kids 2 adults and we meet loads of people and had loads of fun
kids had great time pool area was good only down side bar shut at 12 and they wanted you out just after
apart from that I would say good one and i would go there no problemo"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of August 2010

Hotels near Inter2Salou

Top traveller tips for Inter2Salou

• melody1989 by melody1989

"Sinatra's bar for food, Catamaran for fun "

• B Barry by B Barry

"The beach is fantastic "

• JER FROM CORK ireland by JER FROM CORK ireland

"lovely place plenty to "

• JER FROM CORK ireland by JER FROM CORK ireland

"sinatras [chubbie brownes] next to hotel "

• paulasmithx4 by paulasmithx4

"Uncle Sams does the best Spaghetti Carbonnara ever! "

• Jules by Jules

"yes dont expect the world but nice little place "

• H. O'Rourke & R. Leigh by H. O'Rourke & R. Leigh

"Do not stay at the Internacional ll "

• tinytina2012 by tinytina2012

"Surrounding area are great "

• angry family by angry family

"bring cleaning products to clean the dirty rooms upon arrival "

• eviejack67 by eviejack67

"If you insist upon staying there despite the warnings, take a cooker, antibiotics, ant and bed bug killer, spare £100 for the person on the reception desk as they will demand it, and make sure you don't want it back. "

Inter2Salou is also called