Good

People are never happy

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2016

"Spent 2 weeks all inclusive at this hotel and we are going back next year despite booking Benidorm for 3 weeks which we have now cancelled. Anybody who slags this hotel is talking bollocks. What do you want for 900 each. Spotlessly clean, good bar, excellent staff and a great location. Can't wait to get back. "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2016

Hotel is too large

Reviewed Wed 25th of July 2012

"I stayed at this hotel halfboard for 2 weeks. We have two boys who were then 3 and 7. We also stayed for the first few days in Barcelona at the Hotel Colon which was very, very nice. This however meant that we could not print our return tickets (RyanAir) until we got to Spain. The customer computers were not linked to printers and the staff in the hotel were not very helpful as they would not accomodate us on this matter even when we said we would pay to do so. Luckily my wifes mother was coming out the last week who brought our return boarding passes with her.

Location:
this hotel is on one of the main streets whihc if you are unlucky and you room is facing this street will be very noisey. The hotel is approximately 10min walk to the closest beach. 15-25min walk to the fountain at the main beach.

Food:
It is buffet style, which may not suit some. We found at the time when we satyed there the food quality was poor, possibly suffering because the hotel was so much bigger than other hotels, it appeared to be more about quantity rather than quality. This may have since changed. That said, we always got something to eat but not feeling satisfied or happy with the experience.

Rooms:
Typical of what you will get in any resort in Spain, if it clean and tidy count yourself lucky, which it was. Be sure not to be placed on the main street, it is very noisey. Also do not book a single room (they are tiny), my mother in-law did and was also very unlucky to be placed in the front, so got no sleep for the first two nights until she got moved.

Pool:
There are 4 pools with loads of space which is great, which can be busy. Also some pools will be out of your view, so if you are a nervous parent you will not be able to relax as your child can easily get out of view.

Entertainment:
Night time here is typical of all resort hotels in Spain, mainly cringe but somewhat enjoyable nonetheless especially when the kids enjoy it. "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2012

Good value for money

Good
Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"We have just come back from 2 weeks at the Oasis Park. Our room was great, always clean and big enough for a family of four. Only problem was that there wasnt enough storage space for clothes but we managed. Room was nice and modern and we had a huge balcony. We upgraded from half board to all inclusive in the second week as the food was lovely. We found all staff to be very helpful and friendly. My son aged 3 had an accident and the reception were fab, bandaged him up and every day they asked how he was doing. The hotel was in a fab location, right in the centre of the resort and 5 mins walk to the lovely beaches. We were lucky enough to get a room on the pool side so once the entertainment stopped downstairs at 12am, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. We spoke to someone who said their room faced the main road and they had noise til 5am, so being on the pool side was great. The entertainment let the hotel down. Kids disco started at 9.30pm which I thought was late and then there was one show on at 10.30pm which was either parrott show, tribute act or karaoke. All in all we had a good holiday and we would definately go back there again. The resort of Salou is lovely. Nice coastal walks finding lovely coves and then you have all the shops (a womans dream), restaurants and bars. Fab place!!!!! I think some people are too fussy and you pay for what you get!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Absolutely Appalling All Round

Reviewed Wed 10th of August 2011

"Having just returned today from this hotel after 10 nights, god am i glad to be out of it.
This is a joke, i find it hard to believe that in this day and age the money grabbing tour operators are getting away with this behaviour and sending unsuspecting people to places like this, on reflection i think we were only a day away from some particularly disgusting disease.
But firstly the staff are without doubt the most untrained and disinterested bunch of cretins i have ever come across in the service industry bar none.
The receptionists are exceptional in hear no evil etc,i truly think they believe that foreigners in their shabby hole of an hotel are stupid.Some brits can speak Spanish like i do and i know some of the things they were saying, and was furious to the point of wanting to thump them,i decided against it.
Ask where your room is , they look blankly at you and point at the lifts, they have no interest in helping anyone unless they are Spanish, when i piped up in Catalonian that i knew what they were saying about my partner of 51, the auburn haired young receptionist girl went a lovely shade of red and practically jumped to attention when i demanded to see the manager and tell him what was going on, this ignorant young girl couldn't bring herself to come near me for the rest of my non holiday.
Then we had the non existant entertainment package, we got a Swedish tribute band who tried to pretend they could play and sing Bee Gees songs(laughable)we were subjected to a German tribute to the Beatles(equally awful)two very amaturish dance groups,and a p[lainly desparate example of how not to do Flamenco, every night the equally useless trio of supposed entertainments staff led the mini disco, which played the six same songs every night to excited 6 year olds, and that was about it.
The pool area was filthy and all day every day the male ents chap came along ,plugged in the disco unit and played the same 12 songs on a loop for hours on end, he dissapeared till around 8.00pm till the whole fiasco started again.
The hotel must be the noisiest on the Costa Dorada, as it was non-stop screaming kids, loud foreign disco music, traffic blasting horns, and all male an female teens groups up all hours slamming doors and shouting and running in the corridors, it was generally an early night if we got off to sleep around 6.00am, but a lie in usually finished at about 8.00 when we all wandered down to the buffet breakfast for slops and miserable staff.
Our room was advertised as for a maximum of 4 with 2 double beds, there were 2 of us and 2 queen sized beds, 80's faded decoration which needed redoing and a microscopic balcony tucked away in the corner of the hotel, solid beds, i cant describe the pillows as they were that small i can barely remember them.
The filthy outside of the place generally smelled of rotten eggs, and we were constantly plagued by Black street sellers trying to flog us their junk, along with their selections of dope.
On two mornings going out for a paper some drunk guy was sleeping on the wall half in and half out of the supposed gardens.
This part of town was a war zone, i have never been so glad to get back from a holiday in Spain and i have been there 18 times, and this is without doubt the most awful dump and should be shut down immediately.
Be warned, stay away from this hole, someone is going to get seriously ill or worse here.
If any travell agent reccomends this dump, run a million miles from them, they are only after your cash and are not interested in wheteher you get a dcent service or not.
If i have to give this any rating i'm stuck, 1 for a reasonably clean reception."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2011

British do not go in Easter

Reviewed Fri 8th of April 2011

"Just returned from a week in Salou with my husband, my two year old my mother and my neice who is 11.
Hotel was lovely and clean, staff all very friendly, food was not great for fussy eaters.
If you are going away with your kids in easter holidays this hotel is not for you. The hotel was full of spanish pensioners and the entertainment was limited to them (day and night) the hotel ran coach trips but only if you speak spanish any non spanish need to pay up to an extra 10euros for the public transport tours. As it was early season the outdoor snack bar was not open and the childrens area is a rusty slide.
I would go back to this hotel but only in high season, and i would request a pool view as it can be very noisy overlooking the street at night."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of April 2011

basic

Reviewed Tue 14th of September 2010

"hotel was basic ,rooms cleaned everyday but not to a great standard ,pool area not realy good if you got little ones and you sat near kids pool as trees shaded the area so which ever side you sat on you only got half days sun .no kids club as it said in brochure and the playground wasnt safe ,food was terible it was cold and at times not even edible,the chef who cooked the fresh food was rude and ignorant ,reception staff not very helpfull .would not recomend this hotel to anyone ,however i would go to salou again very family orientated ,beaches was clean and the front is great to walk down on a night,only downfall it is very expensive ."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of September 2010

read the reviews before you book

Reviewed Mon 16th of August 2010

"This holiday was one of the worst ones i have been on. It was very noisy and due to nightlfe could not get sleep till early hours in the mornings this is not good when you have children.
The food was cold, basic and you were only limited to an hour for breakfast, lunch and tea and several people complained about the food whilst we were there.

The staff were not helpful and did not provided any information regarding the all inclusive options. Would not recommend this hotel if you are going for a family holiday. "

• Travel date: Mon 16th of August 2010

Good at first glance, bad at second.

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"I went with a school party of 40 13-15 year olds, and I am 14 myself. On first glances, the hotel seems clean and well equipped. Our room was clean, and a decent size. The pool was wonderful. I must say Salou it's self is quite, well, something for the teenagers. It is almost like Benidorm, very touristy also. Night life was good, but I did get offered shots and alcohol on a regular basis, even though I am clearly under 18. I have to say, the Hotel food is appauling. It looks like it will be delicious, and yet when I tasted it I was nearly sick. Our whole school party basically lived on rice and chips, and I lived on chips and lettuce, no puddings (after about 3 nights of 6 puddings, I decided against it). I was glad to come home to nice food. Another problem were the lifts, they broke down on numerous occassions. One time, two girls from my school who are also only 14 got stuck as the lift opened between floors, and it kept going over the kg allowance even if less people were in the lift then it claimed to allow. The beds were made almost daily, however, all our clothes were thrown on the floor, the sheets wern't changed for the whole week and the floor wasn't hoovered, so ours was very sandy from being at the beach. The "entertainment" went on until midnight, so in the end me and my friends had to join in or stay up, because sleeping wasn't really an option until then. Overall, I would say this hotel is worth a 5 or 6, because it was decent but the food and lack of cleaning really let it down."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

The worst Holiday of my life, so far.

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"June 2010. 2 guests, 7 nights, 1 night sleep. When I read previous reviews about this hotel I thought it was exaggeration. I have holidayed in Spain many many times and have never found the need to give a poor review. After all, you are on holiday!
Forget about the usual opinions about food, sunbeds, entertainment, staff, lifts, TV, etc.
Staying at The Oasis Park there is 24 hour noise… within the hotel, from the street, and from adjacent properties. Honestly, it is banging doors, shouting, screaming, disputes, car horns, with sometimes peace between 6am till 8am, but then that’s when the council come with their machinery to clean up the street mess.
The hotel is in the middle of the youth clubbing area which spill out at 5am then they shout, fight, vomit, urinate and eat before they arrive at the hotel and run through corridors shouting and banging doors. The hotel allows all night room/balcony parties as does the adjacent hotel.
My room was first floor, directly above reception and overlooking adjacent hotel balconies and their pool area. It had two single beds and two queen size beds, however only big enough for two. Balcony door did not lock, plastic screens separating adjacent balconies had holes poked into, as did most others. Telephone was in a drawer and had no wall connection anyway. Air conditioning did not work and when reported, a worker changed control box, still didn’t work, and left a plug in fan.
Hotel refused to change my room as they said their hotel was busy so there would be noise and they had a problem with some of their rooms regarding air conditioning, and there was nothing they could do.
They were adamant. However, a large coach load of Futbol Madrid boys descended and stayed at hotel and for 2 nights, until I left. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and added to the room/balcony parties, running through corridors, banging on guests doors, climbing into other balconies. I did, over my holiday, appear at reception in the wee small hours and report the noise, however staff did not stop the bedlam, nor did the boy‘s supervisors. Remember, I am above reception and the noise could be heard from there. Meanwhile my closest noise was my direct neighbours… one side had a lengthy loud domestic dispute and the patio furniture was kicked to destruction, on the other side was a room of male youths who partied in their room/balcony all night, shouting over to the adjacent hotel guests, banging doors and walls. Remember I am above reception!
In brief, other truths about the hotel are:- towels changed but no room cleaning, pool area is not cleaned, no balcony lights work in the whole hotel, restaurant busy as Spaniards use the advertised non-resident 10 euro buffet deal and wander freely throughout the hotel, entertainment is by the pool area and 10pm till midnight however you can stay and drink as long as you like.
Why did I not move as I have done in the past? Each day I thought it would get better. Once sleep is lost, you can’t get it back. Speaking to other guests, they had similar and differing issues with their rooms, some of which smelt of sewage, so I thought it was best to stay put and stick it out. A hotel for the Spaniards, party people, and insomniacs."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of July 2010

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed Tue 29th of June 2010

"I went with my Children, ages 14,13,&5 yrs old.. Had a FAB time i had never been on an all-inclusive holiday before, And had read lots & lots of reviews and can say i wasnt looking forward to it.
ON ARRIVAL....We was made very welcome, everything was ready for us. Quick & easy check-in
FOOD.. excellent choice we was there for 1wk and didnt repeat meal after meal, unless it was our choice. I asked for ice-cream for my 5yr old as it wasnt on the lunchtime menu and they went straight off and got me 4 for her in all different flavours ALWAYS went out of their way to help us..
ROOMS... they were spacious CLEAN and cleaned daily fresh towels toilet rolls ect..
REP.Jason (thomas cook ). was great Kids loved him always there at specified times, even popped in to see everybody at other times played games with the kids, shown them magic trick EXCELLENT REP... perfect for the job.
ALL-INCLUSIVE BAR... was well stocked, always had Ice, snacks were great, ice-creams for kids slush machine couldnt fault it at all..
DEFO GO AGAIN...
LOCATION.. was excellent, buses outside the door to portaventura was a 7min ride away, shops were just there the little shop inside the hotel was very cheap and a lovely woman. Internet access if you required it. Even a little fair ground across the road.
POOLS... were great they had 4 all in all, even had a playpark inside the hotel
ENTERTAINMENT... would be my only gripe although not a big gripe it was all very spanish ( but it was spanish week we went) you make what you can with entertainment, when we asked them to play english music THEY DID.. and my young daughter (14yrs). even took to the mike and sung twice My youngest daughter (5yrs) joined in the kids disco (again in spanish). and she now still sings and does the actions to on particular spanish song.
All in all a FAB holiday, & Hotel would defo go again
BEACH...Was a very short walk away."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of June 2010

no were near good!

Reviewed Tue 22nd of September 2009

"First of all ignore my spelling. We arrived on time,the rooms were clean, however!!! as a party of four adults and two children we,like a lot of other families were looking forward to entertaning the kids, as well as ourselfs this hotel provided no kids club,although advertised it as doing so. the play area was so delapitated and dangerous,the ground area was uneven and only coverd with builders sand, the pool water in all pools was colder than all the drinks being served. there was entertainment on for all who could fully understand spanish including the kids.Our room was cleaned but to such a low standard, the bedding was not changed during the whole two weeks, even though our child had spilled chocolate drink on her pillow and sheets. The lifts were constantley breaking down proving a great problem as we had two prams to contend with. the doors in the rooms were not lockable internally our eldest who is only two managed to get out all the time.---the food -- Well this will be a first for me as I can eat anything being a chef and qualified catering manager for a major company, let me tell you there was no food for the kids which was edible.with the exception of chips or hot dogs and ice cream at meal times,as for adults I have served better in a field kitchen in bosnia. deplorable for a three star hotel all the cheapest off cuts and meat, steak was topside of beef passed as veal, you could not cut this with the best of knifes. paella was boiled rice with a few prawns and mussels placed in for garnish, breakfast was good if you like green scambled egg and chips, although cold meats and bread were of good supply the overall quality of the food was not good.As this was a an all inclusive holiday we were expecting the children to be able to get some childrens treats ie ice cream sweets crisps etc, this was not to be there was nothing for them apart from icepoles.The bar service was what you would expect though somtimes politeness was available.The choice was limited to san miquel or local mixers.The beach was further than we were advised by our rep, knowing we had prams and the hill was a killer. The holiday was not what we were looking for with children in tow, so bad advice from thomas cook. overall if you wish to waste £2,700 plus what we spent on eating out another £2,500 including entertainment, I am sure for the sum total we not be returning to Salou again in any hurry,"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of September 2009

Great Hotel

Reviewed Tue 15th of September 2009

"Me and my wife stayed here and we were a little apprehensive because of the reviews we had read. To our surprise we found everything in the hotel was excellent. The food had a great choice, the staff very helpful and friendly and the room was very clean and tidy. The only slight downside (if you are a sun worshiper) is that the pool area is quite shaded because there are quite a few trees. Overall i would recommened this hotel to familes and couples. We are planning to go back very soon. "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2009

Hotels near Hotel Oasis Park

Top traveller tips for Hotel Oasis Park

• Lizbet40 by Lizbet40

"Nice beaches and portaventura is a great day out "

• Lizbet40 by Lizbet40

"The fountains when they are on "

• leanne stobbs by leanne stobbs

"the beach area was nice,street drains were smelly!!too many people shoving flyers in your face. "

• leanne stobbs by leanne stobbs

"most restaurants were very tacky and very expensive.beach was the best bit about salou. "

• The Scrowies by The Scrowies

"great place plent to do and see, great nightlife. "

• The Scrowies by The Scrowies

"too may to choose from. "

• "The fortaventura park was good for adults and for children of a hieght of 1.60mtr "

• Liverbird23302 by Liverbird23302

"YES Definatley recommend it "

• ella166 by ella166

"A hotel for the Spaniards, party people, and insomniacs. "

• tomliboo by tomliboo

"dont stay at oasis park "

• Bryden by Bryden

"take the little train to get around great for young kids and you will spot more places to visit along the way. "

• gleezle by gleezle

"I have no tips other than to steer clear of the hotel and the area "

• Niki Derby by Niki Derby

"Make sure you get a room with a pool view! "

• SunSki by SunSki

"Do not stay on the main street side. "

• Philip Brack by Philip Brack

"None really. At this hotel you are on holiday "

Hotel Oasis Park is also called