About Hotel Marinada

• karaoke
  • mini golf

Good Value for Money

Reviewed Fri 2nd of October 2009

"We just got back after a 1 week stay. I must say that the Marinada is very good value. We stayed in the hotel not the apartments; the rooms are on a par with the travel lodge type accommodation in the UK but with no tea or coffee making facilities.
The hotel is spotlessly clean. They clean your room every day, they clean the pool area every day. All the sun beds are clean and not one of them broken.
We stayed full board. There is a good variety of food available all buffet style prepared to a high standard. Breakfast you have the choice of a variety of cereals, toast, cold meats, pasties etc as well as egg, bacon, sausages (variety) beans toms etc. Typical lunch/Evening Meal would consist of 2 fish dishes, one fried and one in sauce, 2 meat dishes, plain chops and one in a sauce, a pasta dish and vegetarian dish plus other specials for the day, in addition there is always a variety of vegetables and salad bar. There is also a variety of desserts.
The hotel staff are friendly and professional.
The entertainment was mostly Spanish but very good and all nationalities seemed to enjoy it.
The hotel is in a good location, down one of the side streets just off the main drag.
There is only two points that I feel could be improved, the food sometimes was a little cold, but there is a microwave available to everyone and the Pool is not heated.
There were English, French, Spanish and Italians staying at the hotel. All in all I believe this hotel is very good value for money.
We booked with Travel Republic, very easy, very professional.
If you want typical English holiday with food like fish, chips and mushy peas, go to blackpool.

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Amazing Week!

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"Spent a week here from the 29th june 2009. Shared a room with 2 of my friends- we are all 18. Although the room may at sometimes(getting ready) may have been a bit squishy, it was well beyond fine for us, seing as we didnt spend much time in our room at all. The maid surface was great, they cleaned the floors and changed the towels every day and were extreamly friendly! The reception staff were very helpful with our needs and when we tripped the electricity in our room by using to many hairdryers at once! they sent someone to fix it instantly! We ate here most of the time and there was always a wide range a food, we choose to stay away from the seafood as none of us ate fish much however there was plenty of other choice for us. For the days we were not at the hotel to eat lunch we were able to order a packed lunch the day before which contained much more than we expected. The hotel itself was much better than what we expected.
We travelled with Thomas Cook and our Reps were extreamly helpful. We went on a thomas cook organised bar crawl which was imense fun, and defineatly a must for people 18-25. Our favourite clubs which we revisited were 007's, Bus Stop and Charly Chaplins.
When walking through Salou at night you get invited into the clubs by many of their staff which walk the street, in doing this you normally get a free shot or two, which we like to take advantage of!!
Overall this was a great holiday and we would definately revist!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 20th of May 2009

"Just returned from a long weekend, enjoyed it. Hotel good slightly tired but clean. Prices in the bar OK. The entertainment in the aparthotel was quite good esp the singer Mike Dee was his name I think also the kareoke was good all for the more mature holiday makers, this may be due to the time of year but still entertaining, why go anywhere else.The food was also very good and varied to cater for all tastes."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2009

brilliant holiday

Reviewed Mon 18th of May 2009

"just came back from a week at the hotel marinada.

brilliant holiday, all what i would have expected with the price payed.
great weather, a visit to portaventura purely for the hurakan condor its well worth the ticket price. friendly and helpfull staff. only bad point swimming pool was freezing."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of May 2009

my holiday

Reviewed Sun 28th of December 2008

"We had a fantastic time at the Marinada Apartments in Sept 08. The entertainment was good although one show was in Spanish which didnt amuse my 5year old grandson but Adrian the kids rep was fantastic with the kids, he even encouraged my 11 year old to get up and dance and take part which was fun. The pool was lovely although cold but once you were in there you forgot about it I couldnt get my son and grandson out of it. The Theme Park there is a must they have everything to suit a 1year old to a 100 year old. While we were on holiday the Car Rally was there it was great to go and see the cars and keep that memory. We will have lots of happy memories of Salou as we met lots of new friends whowe are still in contact with. The rooms were small but clean and thats what you want on holiday.The maids were around every morning to clean your room and freshen your bed and give you clean towels, we also got a little cleaning welcome pack and kids colouring set for them to welcome them to. The poolview was of the hotel at the back of us but we got to use their facilities so who were we to moan they had some fantatic shows. Overall we had a great time in Salou. Sightseeing, Theme Parks, Beaches, Shopping, Eating and the staff were very friendly too, the 75 euro deposit was fine with us too as that meant we went home with money :)"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of December 2008

nightmare in salou

Reviewed Tue 14th of October 2008

"Having booked our holiday a good 9months in advance, were we in for a shock, in the first week we rarely got any sleep, young children running down the corridors at all times of the night, paper thin walls, you could even hear people in the next room eating, my daugher and son-in-law shared a room with my son who never had any bedding for the 2 weeks that we were there, the smell from the bathrooms was horrific. I wouldn't recomend this holiday to my worst enemy."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2008

I can't understand the negative comments...

Reviewed Mon 29th of September 2008

"I can't understand the negative comments about this hotel. I went with 2 friends for a short break with the intention of revisiting Barcelona. The room, although dated and slightly overcrowded with 3 adults in it was clean and well maintained. The food was superb with plenty of choice, and the hotel overall was excellent. anyone who critises this hotel must expect the Ritz for the price of a Blackpool B & B. Thank you to the staff for an enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of September 2008

We are two young girls that stayed at th...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"We are two young girls that stayed at the marinada apart/hotel for a long weekend in september. we booked the holiday last minute the day before we wanted to fly so we wasnt expecting 5 stars. when we arrived we was pleasently suprised the room was cosy and about right for two or three people. There wasnt much but entertainment at the apartments we bearly even seen any staff, just loads of cleaners. there was much more across the road although the food wasnt very nice but we couldnt find anywhere nice to eat in salou. The hotel had a bar, resturant pool indoor pool sauna and a really crap jacuzzi. Over all the stay was saticfying and we would probebly go back again. salou is a very tourist place with lots to do. At night the STRIP comes alive with lots of pubs, bars, resturants, even shops. day or night salou is livley and fun.
The beach was a lovley walk down the strip and we were very happy to see golden sandy beaches and a clear blue sea it was so nice we spent all day laid up on it. Its deffinaty a lovley palce and we would recomend it to friends."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

I was quite concerned after reading some...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"I was quite concerned after reading some of the reviews on here for the Marinada. I was very pleasantly surprised. The otel was clean, very important when travelling with children. The hotel was family orientated, the children loved the hotel and pool, and the kids disco. The staff were friendly - overall I had an excellent time - I booked this holiday last minute and would go back again.

Just a shame we had to come home at all!!

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Just back from 2 week stay at marinada a...

Reviewed Mon 4th of August 2008

"Just back from 2 week stay at marinada apartments, with my Husband and 2 children aged 2 and 5.
Have to say after reading the reviews on here i was not wanting to go.

I was not at all happy as on arrival they took 75euro deposit which was not told to us at the time of booking, this was returned on check-out but this was at 6.30am and there were no shops around so have had to bring euros home with us. The rep who did the transfer couldnt have cared less about it.
as well as the deposit we bought a safety deposit box which cost 36euros for the fortnight plus another 10euro deposit which again i think was a bit steep, but i'd rtather that than having stuff stolen.

got into the apartment and was very surprised as there was 2 folders with colouring paper and crayons for the kids. also there was a little cleaning kit which has washing up liquid ,cloths, paper towels and scrubing sponge (something i havent ever had on holiday before, so had my own too).

the apartment was clean and tidy,and for the whole fortnight I didnt meet any cockroaches.
the cleaners came every morning and even if you didnt want the floor cleaed they would still ask if you wanted clean towels bedding and toilet paper. The friendliest cleaners ive ever found on holiday.

the apartment was very small, and we had 2 single beds which we ended up just pushing together. For the kids there were bunk beds, the top bunk didnt have a safety bar so i ended up putting both kids in the bottom bunk top and tail as neither of them lie still enough in bed for me to trust them not to fall out.
there wasnt much space for putting away clothes and my husband lived out of his suitcase for the 2 weeks.
we were on the first floor and right next door to the lift which can become quite noisey at the busiest times when people are coming home at night but we were rarely in so we didnt mind.
One thing i was really worried about was everyone on this site talking about the night club at the back. i have to say that yes there is a little noise but it didnt disturb us the club closes at about 5am i think and we didnt hear much comotion from it.
we asked for a pool side view and well we did get a pool view but it was of the calypso hotel over the back of the aparments, they have nightly entertainment until about 12.30 and they are noisy but i have to say it is the best entertainment ever and you can go there as they welcome everone.

the marinada hotel itself was very well presented, the swimming pool was quite cold but once your in its acctually refreshing, the pool is shaded for quite a bit but i got a fantastic tan.
the entertainment for the kids was mostly spanish at night. during the day however, when you are at the pool, they take the kids and do things like, play basket ball, pool, water polo, volleyball. and on a wednesday they have big inflatables in the pool. on mondays wed and fridays, the lifeguard does step arobics and aqua arobics (didnt take part but quite good to watch)

salou itself has loads to do and portaventura was great but buy your tickets in the UK before you fly as its 73euro for a 3day pass over there but i think you can but 14days for the price of 7 over here with travel agents, the fireworks display at the end is fantastic and you need to stay to watch it.
we also took a day trip to Nou camp and barcelona with the fountains, this was an experience although they were changing the grass at nou camp so it was like a sand pit.but the fountains were amazing.

hope this has helped you all as it is not as bad as everyone else has made out, and your holiday is only as good as you make it. we met people over there and are planning on going back possibly even to the marinada apartments again."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

We stayed at the Marinada apartments for...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of August 2008

"We stayed at the Marinada apartments for two weeks in July 2008. We got an incredibly cheap deal, so we were quite concerned about the standard of the accomodation that awaited us. We read all the reviews we could find before we went, which only worsened our anxiety. I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The room was spotless, we had air-con, a microwave, a kettle and toaster along with the usual self catering facilities. Our only negative comment was that the room was quite small. We travelled as a family of four, with my six year old son and my one year old daughter, who slept in a cot. We knew we had booked a studio, so it was our own fault that we were tight for space. This didn't spoil our holiday in any way, it just meant we had to keep the place tidy. I've stayed in 4 and 5* accomodation in the med and the caribean and I think the standard of maid service at the Marinada easily matches anything I've had before. The maids came in every single day. They were pleasant and we got clean towels every day and the floors were swept an mopped every day. Our room overlooked the rear of the apartment and we had a beautiful view of the hotel behind ours pool. The pool at the Marinada apartments is very small, but you have the use of the much larger pool at the Marinada Hotel accross the road. We also used the pool at the Calypso hotel as they had a smashing kids play area. Our favourite restaurant was Uncle Sam's, next to Burger King. They did amazing steaks and their satay sauce was to die for. I'd thorougly recomend Port Aventura, there were even plenty of rides for our 1 year old to enjoy. We enjoyed our holiday at the Marinada so much we've just booked to return again in 2009!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

Just back from a 2 week stay at the Mari...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"Just back from a 2 week stay at the Mariada Apartments, the rooms were cramped in need of decorating, bits of wall falling off, the walls are paper thin, poor cooking and work space considering it self catering, beds very uncomfortable and noisy, very poor entertainment mostly spanish, the pool is very small and freezing and not very safe as there is no life gaurd and the pool is 2meters deep, nightclub across the road so lots of noise and singing in the middle of the night, staff are very arrogant and unhelpful noise was coming from next door yet the managment sent the holiday rep to my door, also security guard phoning room in middle of the night for noise that wasnt me, very poor facilities nothing like advertised this is advertised as a 3 star accomidation but the appartments are only 2 star which the sign has been delibretly hidden by a large plant, this place is a joke and i would never return,"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Hotels near Hotel Marinada

Top traveller tips for Hotel Marinada

• alisonxix by alisonxix

"A holiday that cannot me missed, it was fantastic "

• alisonxix by alisonxix

"Uncle Sams, The Car Rally and the Waterfalls, the cleanliness, the beaches, Portaventura Theme Park "

• nachonovo10 by nachonovo10

"very lively when barcelona win "

• nachonovo10 by nachonovo10

"robin hood pub, uncle sams, portaventura "

• mazzers1991 by mazzers1991

"Portaventura, 007's, Bus Stop, Aquapolis, Charlys Chaplins "

• Corson by Corson

"Go to Jack's, in the same road as the Marinada, it does the best T.Bone and Pepper Sauce. "

Hotel Marinada is also called