OMG

Reviewed Wed 22nd of September 2010

"Just returned and will never go again.There was nothing to be positive about.Sure the food would be better in one of her majesty's abodes. A long week never to be repeated."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of September 2010

The worst holiday of my life

Reviewed Wed 21st of July 2010

"went 29th may 2010 with 2 other adults and 3 kids,it was my friend and her sons first hol abroad.it was ruined,I had food poisoning the food was'nt fit to feed a dog.We will try any food but this was ....well words cant explain!We'd paid for full board aswell.staff ...well put it this way they hated the english and were very RUDE cheers then we pay your wages.the air con dont get turned on till mid june so be VERY aware you cook in your own sweat!! got woken up mon-fri by a group of about 80 kids complained 3 times and they still continued.entertainment was all in spanish every night we had to go out and entertain ourselfs.I could go on and on,please dont make the same mistake."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of July 2010

nice to be home

Reviewed Fri 22nd of October 2010

"we stayed in jaime 1 hotel it was clean but the staff could not rise a smile between them, food was not for english people there was no beans or tomotoes for breakfast toaster did not work i had to put my toast in 12 times before it changed colour, evening meal was the same every night must get there pork cheap because it was on menu every night, it is not suitable for english people it was full of spainish people germans and dutch. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

Great holiday and friendly staff

Reviewed Wed 26th of May 2010

"We have been twice to Salou and on both occasions we stayed in the Jaime 1 hotel.
The first year was 2003 and from start to end the whole holiday was fantastic, the hotel and amenities are good the food is ok ( im very picky) but repetitive if you stay for 2 weeks as we did.

the entertainment the first year was brilliant more so for the children, Hanna and Mark who both speak at least 4 different languages made the entertainment what it was quizzes and everything quickly explained in various languages.

the pools were clean and the smaller pool catered for both toddlers and adults with its ramp.

If you are going to salou I would highly recommend going from the 11th Aug to the 20th it's the Spanish celebration week and it ends with a fantastic fireworks display put on by porteventura theme park on the beach front along the promenade.

A few friends have been since and they were not as impressed with Jaime 1 hotel as it seems the management has changed hands the entertainment is very german orientated now and the food they say was poor."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of May 2010

No problems what so ever!

Reviewed Thu 4th of March 2010

"Last September I took 165 people to salou for a Soul Weekender and used this hotel as my HQ! Most goers were booked into this hotel. The staff were very helpful towards my crowd and we got no negativity towards us , infact the staff bent over backwards to help us! There was no Spanish first system at the bars and the pool was not freezing cold but infact very warm. The room was seviced each day and were spotless. I'm using this hotel again this September 2010 for my next event! Hotels are what you make of them and the facilities are what you pay for ... If you want 5* hotel sevice book into a 5* hotel! If you dont belive me check out my website www.salousoul.info"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2010

PLEASE READ BEFORE GOING

Reviewed Wed 23rd of September 2009

"Oh my god i am so glad to be home from jaime 1 hotel in salou and stayed for 10 days:
indoor pool: you have to pay to go in it and you only get 1 hour
outdoor pool: very dirty and freezing
food: same every morning & night not very good at all do not cater for children apart from pizza and chips also the food is cold (microwave it at the end of the counter to warm your food up) only 2 toasters on a morning and you have to que for ages
stafff: the spainsh come first the english have to wait
bar: very expensive
rooms: very clean very small family rooms though 4 single beds put in one room not enough space for all clothes i kept mine in suite case so could fit my husbands & kids in wardrobe.also sink leaked all week noone came to mend it.
clean towels every day but my sheets were not changed in the 10 day stay.
lifts to floors ok but small and very slow.
salou itself ok but very expensive. We were also asked if we wanted to buy drugs on the streets lucky lucky men all over dont buy from them.
please be aware of this hotel it is pointless trying to complain as you will never get any thing sorted.
even my kids were so glad to be home..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

AWFUL

Reviewed Mon 21st of September 2009

"I have been on many holidays and have experienced some slight faults with the hotel i have stayed in read the reviews about the hotel before going and decided to just go with the flow and enjoy our first family holiday but nothing could add up to the faults as the jaime 1 had ,

staff very rude to me and my partner and son
shower kept flooding the bathroom - reception did nothing
spanish guests looked down their noses at my family
spanish staff shouted at me because my sons pushchair accidently hit her ankle
my son needed to see a dr reception did nothing to help other than to say it would cost me 80 euro before my son could be seen my son is only 7 mths !!
All the entertainment was in spanish nothing 4 english children. The food was the same every night and there was always such a stampede of people we ate out all the time after our first 2 days. We were repeadtley harrased by men asking us to buy drugs off them it was awful I will never stay at this hotel again i would not recommend this hotel to any 1 with children under 1 the only good things room cleaned but sheets had cigeratte burns in them and the location is ok."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of September 2009

Awesome !x

Reviewed Wed 25th of March 2009

"It was awesome. The food was nice, the rooms were cleaned everyday, the facilities were good, the entertainment was a bit lame but i just looked at the fit bar staff:). Overall it was good and i am going back there because the hotel was good and it is near a beach and the shops around it was good. "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of March 2009

great value for money

Good
Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2008

" we got back two weeks ago off are holidays , spent the week in jamie 1
we realy had agreat time there , after reading other people comments i was thinking what are we going to ,it was clean the rooms were cleaned every day the staff were nice to us .we had no problem with the food you get what you pay for if you wont better food you have to pay more for the hotel we payed £75 each for the week ,were could you go for even one night for that in the uk it would cost you that for a meal and afew drinks the hotel is in an ideal spot for the beach and the main shops what more could you ask for .me and my friend are booking for there again as we had agreat time there great value for money"

• Travel date: Wed 15th of October 2008

Good position

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"BAD THINGS.
BREAKFAST, BREAD RUBBISH, ONLY SAW 1 TOASTER WITH BIG QUEUE, NO BEANS, BACON FOLDED OVER AND ONLY HALF COOKED, TINNED SAUSAGES, FRESHLY FRIED MINI EGGS.

DINNER, RUBBER MEAT, SPAGETTI, FRENCH FRIES CHIPS, SAUSAGES COVERED IN OIL, FISH WITH LOTS OF BONES, PLUS FOOD YOU WOULD NOT EVEN TRY.
SAME MEALS EVERY DAY.

HOTEL ENTERTAINMENT RUBBISH, ALL IN SPANISH, NO LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, BAR SAYS OPEN TILL 1am, I WENT FOR COFFEE AT 11.35pm AND WAS TOLD IT WAS SHUT.

LIFTS SLOW WHEN NOT OUT OF ORDER. AIR CONDITIONING DID NOT WORK

GOOD THINGS.
HOTEL IN GOOD POSITION, ROOMS CLEANED AND TOWELS CHANGED EVERY DAY,
WEIGH MACHINE FOR CASES. 1 EURO.
PAPER SHOP.
ONLY 20 EUROS TO KEEP ROOM TILL 7pm FOR NIGHT FLIGHT.

WE NEVER USED HOTEL BAR BECAUSE OF LACK OF ENTERTAINMENT.
IF I WENT TO SALOU AGAIN I WOULD BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL.
HOTEL WOULD BE GREAT FOR FAMILY WITH CHILDREN IN HIGH SEASON BECAUSE OF POOLS AND BIG PLAYGROUND

• Travel date: Sat 11th of October 2008

the hotel in the brochure looked great,...

Reviewed Wed 1st of October 2008

"the hotel in the brochure looked great, we arrived the rooms clean, but the foodwas awful! we ended up eating out every day, the beach lovely and bars and resturants, great nightlife, but travellers beware!!!! watch out for the men selling in the streets/beach ( lucky lucky men!) we were follwed back to our hotel by two of them, i was grabbed by my hair from behind, dragged along while him trying to snatch my bag, he eventually got it after yanking constantly at it, dragging me along the street!! i was severly bruised, and lost my bag and all its contents, we were a group of 6!! so safety is not in numbers!! the police really not interested even tho we picked him out of a line up!!!! so just to warn travellers about these men, if they are near u do not go out of lighted areas, no matter how close to the hotel get a taxi!!! its not worth it "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Just come back from jamie 1..The hotel w...

Good
Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"Just come back from jamie 1..The hotel was lovley really really clean room cleaned everyday. But the food was horriable ok if you like chips and pizza oh and the cakes was gud and pancakes in the morning but the way the spanish cook there meat well yuk. The hotel was mainly for the spanish and germans who were like vultures at mealtimes was funny to watch i didnt really see many english and if u were u was in the hotel at the back where no sun shines on your balcony???The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and spoke english. The entertainment was all in spanish so go out and about we did. Overall i love salou and will go back over and over again but maybe not to jamie 1... Your holiday is what u make it and the price of our holiday was cheap so wasnt that bad really september is a lovley month to go the weather is hot but bearable..."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008