Hotel Best Mediterraneo

Calle Vendrell 23, 43840 Salou Spain

Good

Should be Worst Hotel Mediterraneo

"Quite simply the Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Stayed in March on an all inclusive basis. The place was filled with pensioners, no problem with that, but they were quite frankly incredibly rude. When we took a table at the restaurant we were turfed out as "they always sat there" Similarly at the bar they pushed in and were just downright rude.

I have never been to prison but the food was what I would imagine the prisoners get, and I would probably agree if they complained their human rights were being violated.

The only thing going for this hotel was that it was clean.

The walls in this hotel were so thin I could here the people next door snoring, talking and going about their daily abloutions, not nice!

It was a great shame as the hotel was in a good location and with a little bit of effort the management could easily turn this hotel around.

My other major gripe about this place /prison was the balcony glass was loose. Unfortunately it was rather windy and for the first 3 nights it was a bit like having a neighbour leave a garden gate open, bang bang bang intermittently throughout the night.
Eventually though it was fixed ,on my fourth and final night .

Please think very carefully before staying here, yes it is cheap but if you have to pay to eat out what is the point of all inclusive!!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

awful

"dont go here me,my ex and the kids went in the summer no room to move in room, were told we would all have a bed each or pull out camp beds which i didnt mind, when we got there there was only 2 double beds right next to each other, no fridge or kettle, so we couldnt keep drinks cool for the kids, we were told we could hire a kettle from hotel across the road ha ha, no bath mats had to have shower in our flip flops or brake our necks bar right below rooms so didnt get piece till 2am not from the holiday makers themselves but from the staff, and the food was disgusting, if you had a complaint no one was interested and the key cards never opened the doors we were constantly having to go all the way back down stairs to get another key card."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of December 2006

I totall agree with the review before.

"I agree with the review before. We stayed there last week 18th - 25th June
My partner and I have been to Salou before and it is a party town not for children at night.
Very noisy at 5am when the club near by was closing I woke up every morning.
The music around the bar/pool area was so annoying 10.30am it started so loud and yes with the same cd every time. We went out by midday but when we got back at 5-6pm still it was going on through to midnight.
Not much for kids to do we took our 10 year old lad ended up in the same bar most of the week just no entertainment anywhere for him.
We went to the Water Park and theme park and played on the beach.
Had luck with the weather all week.
The food in the hotel was very nice and they kept it fresh all the time wasn't sitting there.
It is a clean and friendly hotel.
We did eat out on our last night we went to La Tagliatella this is on the road opposite Boomerang Steakhouse.
I would bother going there the service is poor and the food isn’t much cop waste of money wish I had dinner at the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

Before going id advise you to read this!!!!

"I recently stayed at this hotel for 10 days on an all inclusive basis, the place itself and the hotel itself have many advantages and disadvantages so read carefully before you go on this holiday!!
Firstly i am going to start with the best bits of my holiday;
Salou itself is a nice place and the weather their is fantastic, the prices are very fair out there, it is an extremley busy place and has very good night life.
The hotel was very clean and well presented and the maids there were very nice and done a very good job, the food was lovely their was a very large variety of choice such as; salads, meats (WHICH IS ALL GRILLED IN FRONT OF YOU),vegetarian foods, good choice of main meals, good choice of dessserts. The food is kept vey fresh and tates very nice.
The swimming pool was nice and their was enough space for people to sun bathe (the hotel provide sunbeds) e.t.c.
Being all inclusive is the best choice to go if you are going to salou as you can have what ever you want whenever you want, when the hotel is not doing breakfast, lunch or dinner you can still order food from the bars and the lobby in the resturant, i also ate out when i was their and found that the food was not very nice and the service isnt very good out their so i think its definatly best to go all inclusive it is also cheaper.
I also went to Port Aventura and the water park out there which were both great days out and good value for money.
Now i am going to tell you about the bits of my holiday that i thought were bad (unfortunately);
On a daily basis there isnt much to do in Salou if you have smaller kids with you and they also dont have much for kids at the hotel either it is only the night when it begins to get lively, this is not the place to bring kids to under the age of 2.
When going out in the night its best to out around 12:30 - 1:00AM as the clubs and bars are empty around any time before that this may annoy people who do not want to go out so late.
The people that work on the bar were sometimes very rude which was also not one of the best bits of the holiday but in general that didnt bother me to much as the drinks were always served generously and very cheap.
The entertainment in the hotel was very poor but on some nights they had excellent shows to suit all the family, before any show starts the hotel has a mini disco which was extremley annoying as they played the same cd every night.
Salou is a very loud place and if you are expecting to get away and go to a peaceful quiet place salou isnt the place for you.
The clubs do not shut out their they are open all hours and if you want an early night this maybe hard for you unless you are a deep sleeper!

In general i feel that Salou is the place to go if you are looking to have fun and if you want to go out loads it is more a holiday for couples and groups of friends.
I dont think that it is the place for familys with young children as when i went away i had younger childern with me and i could tell that they were not enjoying it on the days when there was nothing to do and when the entertainment was bad at the hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of June 2006

what a rip off

"my foster son and i were very very disappointed with this hotel no water in the swimming pool the pool area was disgusting, the staff not very helpful, the hotel was full of O.A.P's only a handfull of english people rest were spanish or italian and very rude people,couldn't get a seat in the bar at nightime as they commandear all the seats and tables and as we were put on a 8.30 dinner time we had no chance of getting a seat, by the way my foster son is 8yrs old and didn't like eating so late. the food was only just edible, and anyone expecting it to be a lively town will be sorely dissappointed as most of the resturants and shops were CLOSED, the theme park which is advertised along with the water park all closed from Nov till end of march doesn;t say that in there advertising!!!!!! and the tv in our room only had one english chanel good job we were out there when the olimpics were on"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of March 2006

excellent overall. good quality!

"Overall stay was very good. Could not fault it for the price you pay. Very central location. Rooms were very clean and tidy and had good climate control. All staff were very friendly and helpful apart from one spanish lady on reception, who could do with being taught a few manners. Cleaners were lovely and friendly. Good choice of entertainment. We have actually been here a few times and also know people who regualerly visit here. could not fault anything for the price you pay it is excellent. If you want 5* basically you have to pay 5* prices."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of February 2006

What a rip off

"Staff rude, bar staff rude, rooms acceptable although walls are paper thin... City farm right next door... Would not recommend to anyone unless slightly hard of hearing and an iron stomach as food was terrible."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of January 2006

Would not recommend

"On arrivel Reception read our booking and then promptly served a spanish family. Room small and musty smell. My son walked into a flood in the bathroom in the morning - water pouring from celing - had to change rooms. Food luke warm, we were full board but ended up eating out most of the time. Entertainment spanish based. Went as had read comments on this site but regret going. Would not recommend."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

lovley

"really nice, lovely reception, rooms very clean, housekeeping so good, cheap net access, located well near to the main beach and overall very good quality of money"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

you get what you pay for

Good

"My partner and I where here in July 2010 and can have no complaints. We were all inclusive for £500 for the week. Which is great value for money. Food was ok, there was always burgers, chips, chicken nuggets, ham, fish etc. (Always something you liked put it that way) The drinks were also fine. The rooms were basic and clean, hot running water and air con. There was also a tv with a few english speaking channels. Staff were friendly. We arrived about 1am and they still made us an evening meal! Location is also perfect, about 200 metres from main street so its quiete enough but close enough to walk as well. Would definitely go back to salou and go back to this hotel!!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of February 2011

Great family holiday

"We've just got back from our 10 day holiday in Salou and we had a wonderful time. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and always happy to help.
The rooms were always kept clean and you recieved fresh towels daily.
The food was fabulous with a very wide range too choose from. It was always hot and fresh. Loved the way the chef's came out to check the food on a regular basis.
The entertainment was excellent with a wide range of activities to take part in throughout the day and evening. Alex, the head of entertainment was very friendly and welcoming and he always encouraged you to take part, what a great guy! There was activities for the children and for the adults.
The staff that worked on reception were always happy to help with anything. My three boys who can sometimes be a handful got along really well with Gabriel who worked on the reception at night. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he was always happy to help.

Please don't let other peoples comments put you off, it's a GREAT place to go."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

please do not go

"came back 21.8.10 this hotel should only be put on a spanish website as thats all they catered for, entertainment was like a spanish kiddies club which even if our granddaughter wanted to join in she couldnt because she couldnt understand them
the food was discusting what wasnt eating on evening meal was served for breakfast,eg,fishfingers,sprouts.
we sat and watched the life guard hose the contents of a dirty nappy into the swimming pool.
we found the place its self very expensive,dirty and not very friendly.
we have put this on so nobody else have their hoilsdays spoilt like us "

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of August 2010

Hotels near Hotel Best Mediterraneo

Stayed at Hotel Best Mediterraneo? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Best Mediterraneo

• CKeogh2009 by CKeogh2009

"beach, habour, Barcelona "

• Happy Walkers by Happy Walkers

"Nice 3* hotel in good location "

Hotel Best Mediterraneo is also called