worst holiday ive had

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We arrived at a hotel which had a busy but clean impressive reception and thought it looked great but thats as far as it went . The staff were very cross and stressed out most of the time ,very rude and spoke very little broken english "THE ODD WORD OR TWO ".We tried breakfasts and evening meals which were buffet style and found that the food was always COLD . It seems the spanish visited the hotel quite a lot and were miserable ignorant BAS---DS. Every visit to the food hall was stressfull and always confrontational . I only hope this review helps other travellers not make the same mistake we did by booking at this hotel.I REALLY CANT STRESS ENOUGH DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT ALL OF THE ABOVE ."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

Terrible place!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Huge hotel - the newer part has very thin walls - you can hear exactly what is going on in the rooms next door.
Food usually cold. Staff were okay - though not particularly helpful. Beach was dirty. This hotel was full of non-British visitors but that wasn't a problem - its good to mix with people from different countries.
I would say the hotel would be good for families (young children were well catered for) and for people who enjoy just sitting down and drinking (there were a number of bars close by which seemed totally geared up for the British traveller)."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of August 2005

Fandabbydozy

Good
Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We are a family of 5 and we had a great time the hotel is lovely along with the staff it is situated right on the beach. we spent most of our time in the english bar which is run by a husband and wife who were very helpful, lovely people (the local tap house) which had entertainment on every night from a clown doing magic and balloons for the kids to karaoke and live music. we really did have a lovely time and we're looking forward to going back again this year. we also went to salou town (very touristy, good for teenagers who want to disco) then there´s cambrils a nice day out we watched the fishing boats come in to the harbour, walked around the shops then had a lovely meal in a typical spanish restaurant. we did bus trips to barcelona and to the football stadium. theres lots to do if you want to or you can just relax round the pool or beach i recommend it especially the local bar loads of stuff to keep the children occupied and its only 2 euros a pint what more could you want !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2005

Thought by looking through the websites...

Reviewed Sun 30th of June 2002

"Thought by looking through the websites and travel brochures this hotel would be the best 1 to choose. How wrong was I.

When I went the first problem appeared when we got to the hotel. There was what looked like a building site up on the hill just to the right of the hotel. This went on until about 10 o’clock at night.

Although some brochures say it’s a quiet location, this is also untrue. There is a nightclub right next to the hotel (Mickey Mouse Club I think it was called). This went on until the early hours in the morning. For the people staying in the hotel I would expect the people on the far side (near the beach) and also round, the back may not hear this. However those at the front would surely hear it especially if it’s hot and you have all the windows open...even with them closed you could still hear the music.

The rooms were not very clean and I don’t think I saw once anyone cleaning it. I think the bonus of this hotel was its closeness to the beach, which was a matter of metres from the hotel pool.

There is also a nice pub across the road with English Speaking people and also a mini market next door to the pub. The evening entertainment was ok with a mixture of a children’s club and also Karaoke."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of June 2002