About Hotel Best Cap Salou

• salon
  • shared lounge tv area
  • shops amenities
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • parking garage
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • special diet menus
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • tv channel one russia
  • catalan amenities

the worst ever

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"We were literally DUMPED at this hotel on arrival, the hotel we booked was closed. we weren't advised before travelling of the change. we had booked a small hotel in Pineda which we had been to before & liked, the area is flat with lovely promanades where you can stroll, or sit and watch the world go by, at the age of 73 & 80 that suited us fine, What did we get, the Hotel Cap Salou. it lies at the bottom of a steep hill, and to get to the sort of thing we wanted you have to walk up this 1 in 4 hill to get the bus, or get a taxi, the hotel was full of Spanish pensioners who didnt care who they knocked over to get what they wanted and the noise was horrendous, If anyone has booked to go to this place with children then I suggest that you take puzzle books, games, etc as there is nothing for them to do apart from the pool,& a very small area with 2 swings, the small trampelene they have costs 1 euro no matter what board basis your on,the entertainment daytime non existant and what we saw in the evening very poor that is if you can get near enough to see it. On a positive point the rooms were kept clean & linen and towels changed regular."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

was worried after reading some reviews h...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"was worried after reading some reviews
however my family and i booked 3 rooms half board and had a great time
happy hour at night kept the drinks bill down
staff were very good
access to the beach was excellent
a short taxi ride took us to salou and port adventura or we took the local tourist train
tourists came from russia, spain, ireland and england"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

We travelled with a 6 year old and a 2 y...

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"We travelled with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. The hotel is ok, basic but has everything you need. The staff appear aloof but are efficient. The pool is very clean. Rooms cleaned very well every day. The entertainment is limted and the kids club is a non runner. The breakfast is average - lots of food but can be chaotic getting the meal and a table.

In a good location if you have young kids. I wouldn't go back there again - La Pineda is a nicer area."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

food really bad!! Staff rude!!! Caters f...

Reviewed Wed 11th of June 2008

"food really bad!!
Staff rude!!!
Caters for germans mainly and nothing good in the area!
Smallest beach n quite a walk to main salou!!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2008

I found this hotel on a website not know...

Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2007

"I found this hotel on a website not knowing much about it or the area. We took with us 2 16 year old girls and 1 13 year old boy.

Hotel although large was really good. Food was great, plenty to choose from. Hotel pool clean and well looked after. The beach is right by the hotel. The bar area was really nice at night with entertainment most nights, also the bar staff were friendly and helpful.

We did not bother with car hire which did not matter as there is a great bus company which is really good. The area by the hotel has a few shops/supermarket/bars etc and is good for children.

Port Aventura theme park is a 10 min bus ride away, look out for the big rollercoaster!!! We went 2nd week in July and the weather was great.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Woodward Family."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Had a lovely time

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Could,nt really fault hotel except the room could,ve been bigger. Food was nice and all the staff were very nice and helpful especially when one of the children was sick for 2 days and they gave my friend a bigger room over looking pool so we took turns in looking after her instead of going up to 3rd floor. It was lovely being on right on the beach. Sea was nice but had a few undesirable things floating in it. Great bars on the doorstep and gift shops. The bus service is really good. My friend and i have 6kids between us. We got the bus (we would call it a coach) to Barcelona(takes hour and half)very comfortable seats. Nearly missed it coming back but the lovely driver saw us with all the kids and stopped further up the road which he did,nt have to do. We would definately go back. You must make the most of it when you are there because before you know it you are back home. Ps kids loved Portaventura."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Absoloutely superb

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Im 13 and i went to this hotel with my auntie, uncle and 9 year old cousin. The pool was excellent, apart from the over-vigilante lifeguard. Also, the beach is literally under a minutes walk away from the pool too, so if the kids get bore in the pool, its no hassle walkin down to the beach. The hotel food was pretty good, although breakfast seems to be a little less organised. The rooms were OK, but ours was a little cramped because it was 3 bed room, with an extra camp bed stuck in on the end. The rooms wer cleaned every day which we found great As we got to the hotel, the air-con had broken so we asked at reception and it was seen to pretty quickly. The staff seemed pretty attentive overall although the bar staff seemed a little put out that two kids walked up to the bar and were a little less attentative. The four of us never seen one and or cockroach in 2 weeks so that must say something. The area around the hotel was great with a few little bars and restraunts. With great food and drink offers. I would like to mention The Smugglers Inn and Mickeys Bar. The only thing i can say is unless you know you will get your woth out of them, dont buy 14 day passes for portaventura. I would definately go to this hotel and i would say the area is suitable for people of all age groups."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Enjoyable Holiday

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Just returned from a very enjoyable weeks stay at this hotel. This hotel is ideally suited for a family, especially with small children. As I have a two year old son, I requested a lower floor, which we got and it overlooked the pool area. The rooms were basic but very clean, sheets and towels changed every day. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool was well supervised by a very vigilant life guard. The beach can be accessed directly from the pool area. The food was not to our liking though,(I don't think there was anything wrong with it) but I feel they cater for Russian and Eastern European tastes rather than for British or Irish tastes. I would return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Clydebank High On Tour

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Heylo, 51 people on our trip, Everyone having a good time, Although the neighbours weren't to impressed with us making noise! We really enjoyed the poolside, the beach and some of the food ! . Oh and most of all the local disco pub! !! The Crows Nest !! . Had a blast by taken over the karoke! Great place for going with your friends but not a place for a family holiday in our opinion ! Over all had a good time !"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of July 2006

fantastic break

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"we are a group of 11 from merseyside who stayed at the hotel cap salou for 3 days this week. the rooms were nice comfy and clean. the pool was good, the beach was fantastic and the food was first class,(one of our group had nine plates of food one night). The staff were friendly and helpful and work very hard. the hotel has a few good bars and shops in the area and a nightclub above the local supermarket which was open till four in the morning. On our way home from the club we sampled the trampolines which are outside the hotel for the amusment of the young along with small rides and bikes. this was a much needed break for my collegues and I and we would not hesitate in going back again."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

What a mistake!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"What a mistake of a hotel. Although the coach trip from the airport was nice(good way to see the local sights) when arriving at the hotel at 1st sight it didnt seem too bad. Booked in (after an hour wait, the ckeck in girl didnt smile once) and when arriving to my room it was very gritty (sand) both on the floor and the bed!. The food was awful, the staff were not very helpful and spoke very little English. Then while booking excursions with the rep 2 men came up and while 1 distracted us the other swiped the reps money/tickets (this we realised later when the rep said "where's my bag gone!").
Then to top it all off that night the nightclib next to the hotel played loud music until the early hours of the morning.
Initially booked a 2 week holiday here but was back home after a week as I couldn't put up with it anymore."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of March 2006

So So

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Room was OK. Staff was very good. Food was all you can eat buffet style, however, was on;y middle of the road. It is out in the middle of nowhere, with only a couple of places to go outside of the hotel. If I were to that area again, I would opt to stay in the city of Salou as opposed to Cap Salou. The city of Salou is livlier with many more things to do....and the beach is very nice. However, if you want seclusion, then Cap Salou may be more to your liking."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of December 2005