Hotel Apartmentos Priorat

9-11 Priorat Avenue, 43840 Salou Spain

noisy dump

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"only back from a week of hell. my wife,motherinlaw, 2 kids 3 and 8 and i stayed in this kip for a week. the apartments have no reception nobody in charge on site,to check in you have to try and find salou suites to do so who are not really helpful. you would be more comfortable lying on the floor than in the beds but that doesnt matter cause when you go to bed you wont sleep with the noise of youngsters pounding on walls and floors shouting and roaring urinating from their balconies tossing waterbaloons at private residential flats to the rear of the complex (all witnissed by my own eyes and the kids). the apartments are dirty with evidence of vandilism very obvious. only 2 spanish tv stations. pool area is grotty with a play area swing etc. completely overgrown with weeds and a pool side bar that is rarely open. god help local residents who have to put up with this day in day out. if you havent been dont go believe me or you will need a holiday when you get home. "

• Travel date: Sat 20th of August 2011

You get what you pay for!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2011

"I went for a ten day holiday with 11 other people having paid little or nothing and got what we paid for. The apartments are horrible, everything broke, it wasnt very clean, however it was the funniest holiday I'ver been on! The building was full of people who were on a similiar party holiday and thats what we expected from the reviews. It was quite noisy but then so were we. I dont understand why families would bother complaining abouit this when its says on all the reviews exactly what they're like! Despite some of the reviews complaints, the Salou Suite reception is literally two minutes away and not at all a hassle to get to. They closed the pool for a week while we were there but we had free access to Salou Suite's pool. The beds were reasonably comfy and the kitchen was well equipped. The one thing that made me very angry was the security guard who was completely unresonable, embarassing and harassing several of the people in our group on several occasions. I know when we were noisy, and it definately wasn't when he was around! Apart from that, I would recommend these apartments for 18-30 year olds looking for a party, I had an unforgettable time in them!"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2011

DIRTY, FILTHY HOLE

Reviewed Mon 12th of April 2010

"Avoid this place like the plague. Whoever reckons these apartments are "very clean" must live in a zoo"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of April 2010

cheap and cheerful

Reviewed Fri 19th of June 2009

"I booked the holiday with sun save and read the reviews after booking....Went thinking the worst!.... Had a relaxing wonderful week and got exactly what we paid for. 2 adults and 3 children, a week in the sun for less than £500. What more could you ask for. The apartment is 2 streets away from the main reception (which we were aware of) got the Taxi to take us there and wait while we got our keys. Handed over the 100euro deposit (which again we were aware of) Had polite staff at the reception. We then arrived at a clean and tidy spacious apartment. 2 bedrooms a bathroom (with washing machine) and a living/ dining kitchen area. All good sizes. we washed our own bed linen and towels with no difficulty as had an airer on the balcony and with the great weather dried in no time. Swimming pool was cold but clean. (cleaned every morning by a very friendly spaniard)Cooked and ate out. It was actually cheaper to eat out. We were told of a hotel that cost 10 euro adult and 5 euro child free to under 2s to eat as much as you like just around the corner called marinada hotel. Very clean and would recommend getting there early as fills up quite quickly. lovely variety of food. As we were there at the beginning of the season we were expecting dog poo and dirty streets. we saw none... The bins in the streets were emptied every morning and we were left in peace to have a lovely relaxing holiday. The balconies are a hazard as have a large gap between glass and floor that little ones could slip down. (But I think without that, you are vigilant with kids on balconies anyway)"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

These apartments are absolutely disgusti...

Reviewed Mon 18th of August 2008

"These apartments are absolutely disgusting and if i could i would be giving them a minus rating. The pool was so filthy I wouldnt allow my children to go into it. The reception is 10 minutes away and even when you go there to complain they couldn't care less. Cupboard doors hanging off in the kitchen, none existent cleaning. I can honestly say its the worst place i have ever stayed in"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2008

Awful, horrible, dirty, unhygienic, unsa...

Reviewed Fri 13th of June 2008

"Awful, horrible, dirty, unhygienic, unsafe. Like a previous comment I would give this a 0 if I could. This place was extremely unhygienic. Human faeces on walls, balcony. Bedding looked like it came from a zoo. We went for 2 days with no lighting in the stairs and hallways and as there are no windows, we could not see a thing it was pitch black. My cousin fell down the stairs,she could not see where she was going. And on the next floor from us, live wires were left exposed, obviously from where they were trying to fix it. Very unsafe for children, or anyone who touched it.
The pool was like a swamp, with chairs and empty bottles in it and it had a stench. My family were very disappointed in this place. It should have been on the holiday from hell programme.
The door on the balcony didnt lock, we seen no staff. Had no TV or kettle. Just a nightmare."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of June 2008

Overall the apartment was extremely clea...

Reviewed Thu 28th of February 2008

"Overall the apartment was extremely clean and comfortable. The location was a little out of the way but I think that was mainly due to the fact that it was off season and there wasn't a lot open. Again the street outside the apartment could've been cleaner but that may also be due to low season. I have visited Salou before and believe it is the ideal holiday for everyone whether it is couple or family there is something for everyone. I would definitely return to the Priorat. "

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

If I could give these apartments a zero...

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2008

"If I could give these apartments a zero rating I would, do yourself a favour and stay away from these awful apartments - not family friendly and definitely not clean, the pool is a health hazard. Go somewhere else, all of the above reviews are accurate.

We booked these apartments as family friendly (2 x6 in each family) we arrived to find a green pool. Yes, green so bad we would not let our 8 children go near the pool. The apartments were also disgusting, holes in the ceilings, the bathroom (not nice), the kitchen had door hanging off and there was excrement on one of the bedroom walls.

Our apartments were over a bar and when you have children this is not an ideal situation.

Overall only that we had booked to go to the theme park for 10 days, this would have been a holiday from hell.

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

On arrival there was no reception and we...

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2008

"On arrival there was no reception and we had no idea where to get our keys. We were directed to Podium about a 8 min walk. When we got into the apartment we found the safe didn't work, there was no hanging rail in the only wardrobe, there was a leak under the kitchen sink that smelt disgusting, the coffee table was balancing precariously on its legs and a plastic chair was broken and had been stuck together with sellotape which we only realised when it was sat on and it collapsed. We looked outside at the pool; it was disgusting, full of green water and algae. We marched round to the podium and were assured that the faults would be fixed. Nobody ever came to fix the internal faults but somebody came and drained the pool and started scrubbing it. We went to the beach expecting to find a clean pool when we got back. When we got back the man was refilling the pool but only half of it had been cleaned, the deep end was still green and slimy. We tried to move but were told that there was no available accommodation in the whole of Salou so we had to put up with all this. The apartments were full of noisy single sex groups who were awake all night banging about and shouting and then moaned if we made too much noise during the day when they were trying to sleep. Then to top all this, the air conditioning packed up on day 9 and was never fixed so we had to endure not only the noise at night but the stifling heat as well. I would definitely not go back here again and I would not recommend it anyone. "

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

We arrived to find only one friendly Spa...

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2007

"We arrived to find only one friendly Spanish or Catalonian male to show us a direction we needed to go to collect the keys for apartment. We found a dirty apartment waiting for us with broken doors and a veranda overlooking a slimy looking green pool that the friendly guy tried to clean every day (unsuccessfully).

I agree with other reviews that these apartments are no good for families with kids or who just want silence at bedtime. We had to put up with arguing all night by gangs of lads and girls. No help from girls on desk at Podium apartments, they loose the ability to speak any english at all so no use complaining at all. The dog crap is all along the broken pavement and I never saw anyone cleaning it up. The rubbish bins stunk everytime you walked passed them and the paving blocks were broken all along the street.

It would seem that the people are only interested in the area around the theme parks and all the new buildings that are being put up. Salou is rapidly deteriorating and the filth is spreading even to the front where the big fountain is (not always switched on I might add). The people only want your money and the only place I can definitely recommend that you eat if you do go there is The Little Hampton close by the big roundabout.

I would not recommend this holiday resort to anyone except the youths of today. The maid service was just to change bedding once in 2 weeks and to change towels twice, I ended up washing them myself in the washing machine in the bathroom."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

We arrived at the Priorat Apartments hav...

Reviewed Fri 7th of September 2007

"We arrived at the Priorat Apartments having picked up the key card from the Podium Apartments some 4 streets away, to find a dirty apartment waiting for us. Egg shell in the sink in the kitchen area, toothpaste splashes on the mirror in the bathroom and in the sink. We cleaned it and said nothing. The next morning we all had a wash (4 of us, me, my wife, daughter and daughters friend) and found the bathroom flooded. On investigating it was the waste pipe, this had been taped up. The safe was under the sink and because of the leak water was in the safe, passports and money all wet. I complained and they sorted that.

The room never got cleaned by the maids in the seven days we were there although they did come in and change the towels twice.

The pool is disgusting with green algae on the tiles in the bottom and only eight sun loungers to accommodate approx 30 apartments. Don't bother complaining as it falls on deaf ears.

Outside on the streets dog mess was everywhere, street bins overflowing a general mess.

Salou and especially these apartment Spain can keep, we will not be going back."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

Having had a nightmare of a journey to o...

Reviewed Mon 9th of July 2007

"Having had a nightmare of a journey to our original apartments where we were told our booking was cancelled we were then put up in theses priority apartments.

On arrival the apartments were clean and tidy. Our balcony door was broken and did not lock but having spoke with the maintenance guy the next day he was more than happy to fix it.

There were 5 of us all girls and we found the beds to be reasonably comfortable although one bed kept collapsing but that just added to the hilarity of our holiday.

Definitely very good apartments for groups of people who do not expect lots of sleep.

Would not recommend for families or couples as they are generally very noisy with young people coming in and out at all hours. The pool was big but sometimes dirty but what can you expect from a pool surrounded by trees etc.

Overall we had an excellent stay and would most definitely go back. Not for those who intend on a relaxing stay."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Hotels near Hotel Apartmentos Priorat

Stayed at Hotel Apartmentos Priorat? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Apartmentos Priorat

• mrs gabriel by mrs gabriel

"You get what you pay for and everyone has different standards. we had a clean relaxed cheap holiday. "

• mrs gabriel by mrs gabriel

"Clean Beach... Marinada hotel food...Portaventura universal... "

Hotel Apartmentos Priorat is also called