H10 Vintage Salou

C/ Birmingham 3, 43840 Salou Spain

Loved it!!

"This hotel was fantastic. The pools were great and waiter service by the pool was great. I found all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived on 31st July 2006 for a week at 11.00am had to wait 1½ hours for room as it was being cleaned (understandable). I was on holiday with my partner and our six year old nephew who had a brilliant time at this hotel. Food was excellent, best I have had in any half board hotel that I have stayed at. Weather was great all week and Portaventura Theme Park was excellent definately worth a couple of visits. I would recommend this hotel to any age group, family, etc, will definitely go back in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Sound Hotel

Good

"Stayed 7 nights from July into August and feel that this hotel is as described. It's not the Savoy but is a perfectly good, clean 3 star holiday hotel. We used it as a base for visiting Port Aventura, for which is well suited as the Wally Wagon stops just off Europa Plaza.
Check-in was quick & efficient (got some extra goodies by being a member of Club H10) and the room was perfectly adequate (although noicy from neighbours & the cleaners room across the way).
Restaurant was much better than anticipated, so much so that we unexpectedly ate dinner in 6 nights out of 7. Breakfast was good also, although many Brits seemed unwilling to try anything that they would not have got at home. Unfortunately some families also don't know how to behave in a restaurant, which spoiled the meal one night in particular.
As mentioned elsewhere the pool attendant was very zealous in clearing towels off reserved sunloungers, and as the doors didn't open until 9am there was no problem getting a lounger even in high season. Having said that, the beach is great and only 5 mins walk away so is much better!
Entertainment was absolutely desperate.

Booked with Go2Spain, which essentially got us half board for the price of B&B direct with H10.

In summary it's a sound 3* hotel just tainted by the standard of some of its guests."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Good 3 Star Hotel

Good

"This is a good 3 star hotel. Arrived late July for 2 weeks and had no complaints. Arrived 10.30 and room wasn't ready till 12.00 as it was being cleaned. Quite understandable.
As we expected, because we had seen the pictures, the pool wasn't that big, but it never got too crowded and you could always enjoy a swim. On Wednesday's they get a big infllatable slide out.
You can't reserve sun beds. Towels left on sunbeds with no one around were removed at approx 10.30 by the pool attendant. In our second week alot more sunbeds appeared and even if you came down at 14.00 you would soon get one. In the meantime there were plenty of normal chairs.
Buffet food was good, lots of choice, with a chef cooking in front of you along with all the other food brought out from the kitchen. He also cooks the eggs in the morning. Several different meats most nights, along with fish, pasta, salads, pizza and chips (some nights). Help yourself and go back as often as you like. At least 6 different puddings. Sponges, Ice Cream, Jelly etc.
Normally had a snack lunch around pool, ordered from the waiter who would bring it to you. Toasted sandwiches were 2.60 Euros, burgers were 3.00. Pint of San Miguel 2.20.
Special entertainment 4 nights a week at 22.00. Magic show, flamencos, mexican, brazil dancing etc. The Chinese acrobats were best. Other 3 nights live music starts at 21.00. Country and Western was good.
Went across road to Doolallys quite alot where Will from Wales organises a quiz from 21.15 followed by bingo (jackpot normaly about 90.00 euros) and then Open the box. He is ably supported by the lovely Kelly. Also has Sky sports for Football and Cricket.
My son Ed and other children help collect quiz papers and raffle tickets and got a free drink.
Both Doolallys and the hotel are the other side of the square from the main street to the beach so its slightly quieter than the bars like Robin Hood and Lazy Waves.
The hotel staff were always helpful, my son got an ear infection and they kept the medicine in their fridge for us. He also broke a light in the bedroom and they fixed it quickly.
It's a 15 min walk to Portaventura and less than 10 to the beach.
Enjoy."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

Good time at Euopa

Good

"Just back from Europa Hotel and have to say that I had a completely different experience to your advisor who posted a review on 1 August 2006. I had never heard of the H10 hotel group before but would have no qualms about using them again. Hotel was in good condition and well maintained as far as I could see.

My 14 year old son and I went with Globespan from Edinburgh. On arrival in mid afternoon we had a quick and easy check in at reception - all the receptionists spoke English and I found them polite and helpful. The one problem I had was a locked bathroom door and this was fixed within 10 minutes of reporting it to reception.

One thing travellers may wish to check is the availablity of rooms for those arriving in the early hours of the morning. One couple told me they arrived at 5:00am but had to wait till midday to get into their room. I do not know the circumstances behind this and find it hard to understand why this happened however it is maybe worth checking at the time of booking. Maybe a misunderstanding of some sort?

Our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking a leafy square and we found it comfortable enough - 2 double beds, bathroom with good shower, tv, balcony and safety deposit box. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels. Admittedly the room wasn't huge but there was plenty of space to put all our things and we were not tripping over each other in any way. Air conditioning was great. I really have no gripes with the accommodation.

Hotel had a large and cool lounge with a large tv screen. The bar was modern, bright and well stocked. The waiters were attentive although the bar staff seemed under pressure at times - best just to order drinks / food from the comfort of your table / sunbed in the sun. Under £2.00 a pint for San Miguel. 4 internet stations for kids (a little expensive at 1 euro for 10 mins), 2 pool tables and an unintrusive games room - all fine as far as we were concerned.

Pool consisted of a fairly large circular adult pool, an adjoining kids pool and a cold water jacquzz. All supervised by a life guard throughout the day. Sun beds could not be reserved and were only available from 9:00am - those that tried to put towels on the beds and then go elsewhere found that the lifeguard had removed their towels to free up the beds for those who were there. If beds were unavailable there were plenty of seats and tables available. Pools were clean and water warm. No complaints and we enjoyed our swims. Lilos and other infllatables were not allowed in the main pool which left room to swim and laze around in peace. Pool was surrounded by trees - just as depicted in the brochures / internet pictures - picturesque

Restuarant was fairly typical. I like to eat out about 50% of the time anyway but when we ate in there was always something to enjoy. A "sit where you like" policy and fresh table cloths put on after each set of diners had used the table. Waitresses were friendly and there was no push to eat up and get out.

There was a disabled party in the hotel at the same time as us and they appeared to be enjoying their stay moving around via the many wheelchair ramps and using the special chair facility to access the pool.

Evening entertainment consisted of magic shows, a New Zealand act, live band, dancers etc. Again, fairly typical but there if you wanted it. All took place outside by the pool which created a nice atmosphere.

Hotel is about a 15 min stroll to the promenade/beach but plenty to see along the way. It is all flat without hills and an easy walk. There is a fairly busy road and roundabout nearby but the noise just seemed to blend in with the general buzz of Salou - the road is easily crossed by a series of pedestrian crossings which all motorists strictly observe (probably due the regular traffic police presence).

Had a nice curry lunch at a nearby pub (Buddy's &Co) not cheap at 11.75 Euros but lovely and tasty. Had a good time at a pub just next to the hotel "Doolallys". Very friendly and entertainment such as quizzes/ bingo are a nightly event. For those who like a stroll I would recommend a walk along the Calle De Nord which is a leafty avenue just outside Buddy's & Co - if you walk far enough you come to Cambrils.

Also went Portaventura for the day. I asked hotel reception how to get there and thery suggested either the small local tourist train or a 15 minute walk. We chose the walk which took about 25 minutes (very hot and walked slowly) - fairly uphill though and anyone with walking difficulties should take alternative transport. Portaventura pretty expensive to get in/ drinks/ food etc so take plenty money - great fun though and I would highly recommend it.

All in all I had a very good time at the Europa and I am sorry that your other correspondent did not have the same. I am not overly picky but will certainly complain if things are not right. I can honestly say that I had no cause for complaint and think that most people will have a great time at this hotel - please do not worry if you have already booked it - I enjoyed my holiday as did my son (who is a lot more picky than me).

My date of return to Edinburgh was 3 Aug 2006, I went with Globespan and flew to Barcelona."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Horror of the H10 Europa Park Hotel!!

"Well after reading the amazing reviews this hotel has, I was really looking forward to arriving. Lucky did I know that it would be an experience from Hell. We got to the reception desk and the lady at the desk was really ignorant and didn't understand me at all. We had to find the room ourselves with no help. When we got there we noticed that the door had been scratched! This set me thinking. Entered and the place set me of sneezing. The whole place reeked of some cheap air freshener. My husband Donald wanted to go complain immedietly but I told him to wait. The rest of the room was horrible. The beds were too low on the ground, the windows were streaked with polish and the whole place was so small we thought we were being crushed. We went to complain and got told that people were only moved for serious complaints! I was disgusted and wanted to return home immedietly. We went to the pool with our grand daughters and had a horrible experience. The water was so cold it made the 10 year old cry. I again complained and got nowhere. We went down to the restaurant and was revolted by the food. Chips, beans, chicken and tomato pasta were the things most on offer. How awful for people who have standards!

The rest of the hoilday was made hell by this hotel. One of the porters said hello to my grand daughter. She was so scared she wouldn't go out that day. I complained AGAIN and guess what - Nothing done AGAIN!

Take my advice, avoid this hell hole, it will ruin your holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

Didn't want to leave!

Good

"After arriving at the somewhat industrial area of nearby Reus airport i was a little worried as to what to expect. Be warned the bus drivers are a litle scary and the buses look like they are about to conk out! On arrival at salou i was pleasantly surprised - a gorgeously long beach, promenade lined with palm trees, a beautiful fountain and buzzing shops and restaraunts.

As for the hotel, it was great arriving in reception! The cool air con hits you as you walk through the glass doors onto the marble floors - very refreshing after a day at the beach! The staff are also extremely friendly and speak very good English.

The rooms are basic but comfortable enough. Unfortunatly the beds were a bit hard but thats our only complaint about the furniture. Could have also done with a mini fridge to keep bottled water cool and a kettle for tea/coffee in the morning. Big plus is that every room has air con and its quiet enough to leave on at night.

Pool - ok, very clean but everyone competes for the sun as there are alot of shady palm tress around the complex. Didn't spend much time there as people tended to nab their sunloungers at 8am sharp and leave towels there till they returned at 1 in the afternoon grrr! Grab a bus and head for Cap Salou just 10 mins away. Its a quiet village with pretty coves and quiet waters. Very tranquil :)

Food - GREAT! lots of choice for all ages, great selection for breakfast and dinner - however not much in the way of hot veg but i aint complaining lol!

Nightlife - Lots of bars,clubs and places to eat. Shops stay open until midnight. The seafront is where you'll find the main hubbub. Beware of the traders - they try to sell you every naff item under the sun.

Overall, a fab holiday full of sun sea and sand. Head for Barcelona and surrounding villages to get out of the touristy city of Salou from time to time."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

really greay hotel

"We were very sattisified with the hotel. the food was excellent and to suit all tastes.something to suit us all (11 of us) plenty of continental food and a bit of burger ,chips if you really wanted,the paella was superb!! The beach was not too far away,with plenty of lovely bars and restuarants
the whole hotel was spotless and the staff couldnt be more helpfull.We had early morning departure and they made us all a pack-up which was good idea as there are very limited facillities at Reus airport
the entertainment wasnt too good in the hotel but there was plenty going on nearby so not a problem.Danny boys the irish bar had great acts on and we had 2 good nights in doolallys just over road from hotel playing bingo , family fortunes, quizes and open the box . we won lots of bottles booze and some money,it was a good laugh
we went by train to Barcelona and really enjoyed the day

I would recomend this hotel for all ages"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

very.good

Good

"We have had a wonderful stay in this hotel. The staff are mostly Spanish, but their attempt at the English language is quiite good. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms are cleaned everyday usually by the same maid..
The food is very good, may not be to everyones taste as buffet style, but you would have to be quite picky if you couldn't find something you liked, be adventurous and try different things , my Husband and I are both Chefs and we were very impressed, my girls have never eaten so well and were trying all sorts of different things.
The childrens entertainers were lovely, and the children were well looked after while we relaxed. We all went to the nearby Portadventura, we bought a three day pass which was plenty of time to see everything, quite expensive so buy your tickets before you go( it will work out cheaper) great fun for everyone. We were a party of six , my parents both over 60, us both only just over 40 and children 7 and 10. One of my girls shared a room with the grandparents. but other H10 hotels in the resort have family rooms( we changed from the Jaime 1 hotel because of bad reports about it ) so we were very pleased to be situated in this hotel,and the waiter service by the poolside is very good.
If you feel adventurous enough try to book trips with the local travel buses rather than the travel company trips( although these were very good, we would do our own thing next time,to save costs) , they are situated all along the main Salou promenade by the beach, they are quite a bit cheaper than the hotel based trips.

The only small critism if any is the noise from the main Salou road , it runs along side all the main large hotels in Salou centre , but you do shut off to it most of the time. but not for you if you want complete peace and quiet.I hope this report helps a bit. happy holidays , this was our first abraod and didn't put us off. I would recommend H10 hotels to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Loved all of it! great hotel

"well the hotel was amazing with staff that speak fluent english and are amazingly freindly they make u feel more welcome! with a pool and jacoozi its relaxing and fun with great nightlife.. the food was nice they had different cultures and lots to choose from"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Very good holiday

"I spent a week in Salou with my parents, brother, sister three aunties, three uncles and nine cousins! The children in our party were aged from >1 years up to 17 years and i think everybody was kept generally happy! Experimenting with pubs and clubs was great fun for the older ones, and there was a kids club and a little playground for the young children. This was near the pool, so it was very easy to supervise them.
There was also a small arcade with pool tables which was great!

There was entertainment nightly at the hotel and sometimes table quizzes during the day. It was nice to have a way to get talking to other holidaymakers but it was only light entertainment so we had the freedom to go about out own business! The food in the hotel was extremely varied. Alot of food was different but there as always something nice to eat and chips to fall back on, of course!

The beach was only a 10/15 minute walk from the hotel and on the way you can find several little shops pefect for inflatable beach toys! There is also shops selling clothes and bbguns etc. that are open late for night-time shopping.

The nightlife is good in Salou. There are plenty of bars and clubs there, as little as 5 minutes from the hotel. It was football season when i was in Salou and the place was full of english people. In every pub there was a tv screen with football on but you get used to it! There is also an Irish bar with good entertainment and an english restaurant with, well, english food!

I would recommend Salou for everybody, especially if its a party of mixed ages like ours! And the hotel was lovely too."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of January 2006

The best we have stayed in.

"We have just come back from The Europa park and we could not fault it. Its in a good spot and the staff are really friendly. Our lamp was making a crackling sound so we went to the desk and within minutes the staff was there to fix it. The hotel is spotless and the food was really tasty. Plenty of variety. Fantastic holiday thanks to Europa park."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2012

Modern, Clean Hotel but disappointing evening meal

Good

"My Girlfriend and I visited Europa Park in July 2010, the time of year when you think it would be hot... when in actual fact it rained for two days out of seven.
It didn't look good when we were the only couple to get off the bus when the thomson coach arrived at our hotel. However the hotel was amazingly clean and cool and the reception made you feel very welcome. We had no faults about the room as it was very modern and spacious ( enough for two people), and cleaned every day by the maids. We went half board which entitled us to breakfast and the evening meal, which wasn't a problem because we filled up at breakfast with the wide variety of a continental foods available as well as cereal, pancakes, toasties,etc. However, the vast amount of holidaymakers at our hotel were in fact spanish, therefore the evening meal was catered to their needs including a variety of fish, rabbit, paella etc. This was not to our taste which meant we lived on chips and beef/chicken all week. As there were a lot of spanish people, this meant that the entertainment at night was all in spanish which meant we couldnt understand any of what was being said which was slightly disappointing, but the bar staff did speak to us in english which was very grateful. The beach is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and is beautiful, and its a must to walk to the end of the bay which has a gorgeous view and plenty of english bars.
Overall, the holiday was really enjoyable, except the evening meal which we found rather disappointing. But would definitely recommend going as the pool is also very good, but would advise to go self catering, or just bed and breakfast.

• Travel date: Mon 16th of August 2010

Hotels near H10 Vintage Salou

Stayed at H10 Vintage Salou? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H10 Vintage Salou

• clstacey by clstacey

"Great resort, lots to see and do for all ages "

• clstacey by clstacey

"Port Aventura, water park "

• sharmayne by sharmayne

"yes planning another trip "

• scrubsteruk by scrubsteruk

"Coloured Water Fountains, Port Aventura, Land Train "

• Oliver and Kate :) by Oliver and Kate :)

"Very Beautiful Place to visit "

• June Jenkins by June Jenkins

"Go down early for tea your meals so you can pick your own seats. "

H10 Vintage Salou is also called