H10 Salauris Palace

Av Paisos Catalans s/n next to Port Aventura Salou, 43840 Salou Spain

Good

Great Hotel

"The rooms were a great size for two people to stay in and it was very clean and comfortable with excellent bathroom facilities, the view from the balcony, looking out towards the theme park, wasn`t very good but you get used to it. Some building work was going on across the road by the roundabout.
The hotel food was great with a wide choice. But take an alarm clock, and set it for about 06:30 if you want to get a sun bed, near the pool.
The staff were very helpful, the waiters and waitresses were very kind and nothing was to much trouble. and the receptionists were very keen to help.
The walk to the beach was only about 15 mins, and about 15 mins to the theme park( up Hill going, but nice and easy coming home).( No buses stop outside hotel, have to walk. half way into town).
Rep was in the hotel quite often, but only to take your money for trips, didn`t seem interested, when you asked questions on (how do i do this on my own), without spending fortunes with you. Would recommend trip to see Barcelona play, about 70 Euros including ticket and coach, but not to be missed. We had a great time, would recommend hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

The lovely Salauris palace

Good

"Ok read the review from the Jewell man Below... Very fussy... We are the friends whom were on holiday with him & we have a completely different opinion... I think next time he should stay in Buckingham Palace...
Arrived at hotel at 11pm, there was a lovely cold buffet waiting.. the hotel is very impressive from the outside & is well looked after. Excellent pool, big and roomy. Excellent children's club. Like all popular hotels u would have to be down at around 9.30 to get a sunbed but don't worry if there are none free you can head to the the roof top to sun bath! Yes Balacony small but same in any mainland spain hotel...
Bar closed very early 12.30 but we have to remember we aren't in young & lively Gran Canaries. We found this was the same in all hotels in Salou..
Plastic cup after 12am. resturant great variety could go for meals at lunch time or dinner time with no problem. Staff very friendly & pleasant. The hotels position is ideal if you wanted to be close to theme park & not have to pay as much to stay in the park hotels. Walking distance to beach 10min & shop about a 5min walk. Would go back again."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2005

One of my best hodidays in a long time

"The hotel was amazing! At first I was a bit unsure whether or not that I would like the place, but after a quick look around the hotel and meeting the staff I knew that I would be a lot more possitive about it.
I think the rooms were a nice size for three people to stay in and it was very clean and comfortable with a decent shower! Which I loved taking everyday:D eventhough the front view from the balcony was a bit unexpected but you'll get used to it.
The hotel food was ok, but not what I would normally enjoy, but my tastes are a lot different to others so I can't really complain about that.
The staff were very helpful, I think the waiters and waitresses were very kind and deserved all the tips that they made:) and the receptionists were very keen to help.
The walk to the front of the town was only about 15 mins away, so it was nice to get out in the sun while going shopping with my parents although it does get very crowded there which you can't really help.
Next, I also really liked the pool (although I didn't go in it much) with its beautiful waterfall and cool jacuzzi, there was pleanty of room for sun beds although you had to grab some quite early before they all went which isn't good but you will eventually get one.
Finally I would just like to say that I have had the most fun in years and would definitly try and persuade my parents to take me back A.S.A.P because the entertainment made me smile for hours, the staff/ people were friendly and all the money was 100% worth paying to stay there! Please invite me back next year!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2005

Stick fingers in Salauris Palace

"We stayed at this hotel in July 2005. There were a party of eleven and we had three rooms allocated half board. First impressions were the hotel was quite nice, location was fine and the food was pretty good. Although a week into our holiday we started to notice items going from our rooms. (bikini, perfume, sunglasses etc) When this was reported the hotel were not interested, done nothing about it and it kept happening. Having spoke to other guests I found similar things had happened. This really spolit our holiday. All in all the hotel was quite good apart from the sticky fingers of the staff."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of August 2005

Cardboard Hotel

"Got to our room and looked out the balcony.
God! it was like a sentry box.
You had to lean over the wall to see anything!
What a waste of space, with no view.
The lifts are a disaster.
Quicker on the stairs,even to the 5th floor!
Worst food I ever saw.
Just took the vegs.
Staff are iffy.
Pool is ok, with nice waterfall.
Cant get a sun bed unless you get up at 7am.
A twenty minute walk to the nearest shop.
Bar closes at 12AM.
They tried to give my wife a cocktail at 11.50Pm in a plastic cup?
Drinks are expensive.
Rooms are clean.
Had a row with the chef cos there was no meat left at 9.45PM and the dining room is open till 10.PM.
eventually the manager got him to put on a steak ? for me to keep me quiet!
Not going back there. No! No!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2005

Loved it!!!

"The hotel was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious ans the pool area was outstanding. The rooms were really clean and big. The service was Brill. Definately a hotel for all!!! Would go again!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

Chavtastic!

"Confused and shocked. How can anyone possibly give this location a good review!??! If you like tattoos and english breakfasts then this is for you! If you have any taste then avoid Salou! It is a horribly tacky over-crowded hell hole! The hotel typical of places like this, big, impersonal and just too busy to relax! Food.......awful! canteen rubbish! If I had to say something nice, the rooms are clean and nicely done."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2005

ok Holiday Destination

"This is a great place to visit just returned from 14 days holiday here 19/06/2005 to 3/07/2005 totally enjoyed it. rooms where above average very very clean indeed and staff second to none, they couldn't be more helpful, This was a family holiday for myself my wife, my 2 children one is 9 years the other 3 years and My mum. Rooms have a TV "free" but only news Sky news, BBC 24 hour and CNN where broadcast in English. A Fridge "chargeable" and Air con, and the usual, maid service every day which where excellent, if you have any issues at all one phone call to reception and they deal with it promptly with a smile, They have excellent children staff that do activities throughout the day again this service is free of charge and I must comment that they are a great team of people and look after the kids, The pool area although reserving beds is mentioned as not to be done, was done but it really wasn't bad and we managed to find beds quite easily, I watched from my room which was facing the pool and each morning they had attendants testing the water and cleaning every morning the pool area was kept clean and tidy, The Hotel also has an indoor pool which I never used much but is very quiet possibly for people that would prefer to just have a swim without distraction and massage and gym facilities, also another quiet pleasant area was the sun terrace on the roof of Block B for peaceful sunbathing which also includes a Jacuzzi
The only thing that did tarnish the holiday was the food which wasn't to my liking at all I am a tad fussy but after speaking to a few people we met staying there that where from the UK we all had the same views on this,
Guest seemed to be mainly Spanish and French with only a handful of people from the UK & Ireland, all in all apart from the food a good time was had by all in are party and I would recommend"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2005

Excellent Hotel - Pity about the Lifts

"Stayed in this hotel for the first week of a 2 week holiday in Spain with my wife & 2 kids. The hotel itself is very modern and clean.

We were offered a room upgrade at no extra charge which was an appreciated gesture.

We found all staff very polite and helpful. Hotel facilities were excellent with exception of the lifts. There are 4 lifts in all - 2 in each accomodation block. After our 2nd day, the larger lift in our block broke down and remained that way for the rest of our vacation. We were on the 2nd floor and as we had 2 childrens buggies with us, we needed to use the lift. Often we would be waiting for 30 minutes to get the lift and in despair, many times we had to carry the baby & buggie down the 2 flights of stairs.

Food was of the typical Spanish Hotel buffet variety - pretty bland but a wide selection. We always found something to eat. I guess it's difficult to provide food for large numbers of visitors of different age groups and nationalities but I would say this hotel done a fairly good job. We found all the restaurant staff to be very helpful and attentive (& certainly very hard working)

Drink prices were very reasonable. A bottle of perfectly drinkable house wine was only €6.

In summary, we really enjoyed our stay in this excellently located hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2005

lovely hotel

"My husband and i stayed here in 2003, lovely hotel, varity of entertainment, food ok if your willing to try different things but if like me you like your traditinal foods then if your there for two weeks after the first week the food gets boring. Nice outdoor pool, gym, indoor pool, jacuzzi on the sun terrace. Good location, v. clean, nice rooms, internet room.
10 min walk to the beach, not too crowded when we went but when my brother and family went in August they said be beach was packed.

We liked the hotel and it's location and we are going back next week for 2 weeks"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

top quality

"We stayed here back in 8th July 2014 me my hubby and daughter , this hotel caters for all ages, needs etc... staff here provides top quality service, food is good in restaurant and outside in the food huts, also bar meals etc, there's a indoor gym sauna steam room jacuzzi, and play area along with spa downstairs with a huge indoor pool, on level floor there's a big pool outside, on top floor adults only swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi up there as-well...h10 is not far from beaches, across the road there's a local bar called titanic/O'Brien excellent service provided here as well with great food served and friendly staff.... locals told us about the bus passes you can purchase for 2 adults 1 child for €22.00 at any information cubicle or at bus station Salou this card provides 10 return bus trips for 3 people to Salou, la Pineda, cap De Salou, Terragona, Barcelona etc..... (worth buying).... we enjoyed our 1st time away and just re booked again top holiday fair play ....

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of January 2015

3rd time unlucky !!

"We have had two fantastic holidays in salou, both occasions we stayed in the Solaris Palace H10 hotel.
This being our third visit we expected the same result, ..... How wrong we were.
The hotel, and it's facilities are great, as is the location to the port Ventura theme park, but we all noticed a marked difference in the standard, and the quality of the food.
Whilst it looked good enough to eat, the supposedly cooked food was cold !!, so unless you had something from the grill, and even then you had to ensure it was well done, your only other option was to re heat it in the microwave, ( hardly four star cuisine ! )
We arrived on the Friday afternoon, so had a snack in the pool bar area which was okay the bar had dirty plates, we had our first evening meal that night and noticed the standard was well below what we had here before.
After our Saturday evening meal, which both my wife and I chose to play safe and have the salad, we both awoke Sunday morning to feeling unwell.
We had booked two day tickets for the theme park, and our lass was keen to hit the rides, so we duly set off.
Upon entering the park I had to make a run for the loos, which turned out to be most of the morning for me.
My wife was violently sick whilst in the que for the first ride, and I just got worse as the day went on, so much so that I could not get warm, had severe stomach cramps, with every bone in my body aching, and I could not stop shaking.
We were both ill, so we both sat out the entire day feeling ill while our poor lass had to entertain herself, not much fun for her
We both came to the conclusion that it had to be the food, we complained to our rep and had the usual flannel " you are the only ones" etc, so we did a bit of asking around, turned out there were between 20 - 25 people with the same symptoms 9 in one group alone, and all made comments about the food standard.
My wife spoke to the hotel customer service, and the response was " it's viral and all the hotels are having trouble "
Sorry don't buy that answer, cold food and dirty plates means trouble, there is a problem here in the Solaris palace hotel
And what's more the travel agency's damn well know it and will continue to send you here.
We won't be coming back.
YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY, YOU TAKES YOUR CHOICE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THE FOOD IS NOT UP TO STANDARD !!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2014

Hotels near H10 Salauris Palace

Stayed at H10 Salauris Palace? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H10 Salauris Palace

• sam7 by sam7

"port aventura theme park / water park "

• wiltshire28 by wiltshire28

"O'Conners Irish Bar/ Jeep Adventure "

• mrsfranky by mrsfranky

"You must visit the beach area, day or night : it's spectacular. "

• Thomas G by Thomas G

"Please more english tv channels. Just three news channels. I wouldnt even mind paying extra. "

• daryl/sarah by daryl/sarah

"dancing fountains, portaventura park, aquapolis park,titanic pub "

H10 Salauris Palace is also called