H10 Delfin

C/ de la Rioja 4 - 6 Playa de Levante, 43840 Salou Spain

Gorgeous Hotel

"My Family and I have just got back from a weeks stay at the Delfin Park Hotel and we all enjoyed it very much!
On arrival we were very impressed with the entrance and bar area, the staff waiting to check us in were helpful and pleasant and we were very impressed with the size and cleanliness of our room, our room over looked the entrance and so the balcony was very large!
The pool area and waterfall are lovely and very nice to sit around during the evening, the evening entertainment wasn't too great but thats not a problem as there is so much to do and plenty of bars in Salou to go to.
The hotel is in an ideal location, a short stroll to the beach and main strip of shops bars and restaurants."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

really enjoyed

"we've just returned from a 2 week stay a this hotel and really enjoyed!!
the hotel itself was lovely it was always kept clean and tidy, the pool was nice although it was not easy to get a sunbed but this didnt really bother us as we loved the beach!!
the rooms were a nice size with plenty of clothes space, the maids came everyday to change the towells and bedding was changed regular to.
the food was nice something for everone everynight, even for those fussy eaters like me!!
we didnt stay at the hotel for the evening entertainment so cant comment on that, but we found some good bars near by with entertainment danny boys irish bar was a good night!!
this hotel is situated in a brilliant place close to everything, this was our first time both at this hotel and salou and would def return here again!!"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Great hotel

Good

"Stayed in the Delfin for a week the end of July and must say for a three star hotel we thoroughly enjoyed it. As everyone says the location is fantastic for the beach and bars, everything was within walking distance, having a supermarket right across from the entrance was great too..

We stayed on a half board basis and to be honest there was something for everyone, I think we enjoyed the breakfasts more than the dinners but that is probably me being a fussy eater.. The hotel interior was beautiful as was the pool area, I thought the rooms let them down slightly compared to the quality of the rest of the hotel but I think that seems to be the norm for these resorts.. Hotel entertainment was hilarious not to our standards but kept us amused at some of the cliental they had hired (where from I don't know!!)

All in all a brilliant location and lovely hotel with very friendly staff.."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

great hotel

"just returned fromn a two week stay at the delfin hotel.. what a stunning hotel.. we had a great time the location is brilliant 2 mins to the beach 2 mins to the nearby bus stop and taxi rank and 2 supermarkets right across the hotel entrance.the food was excellent some thing for everyone and no two nights the same. staff were very friendly and helpfull. evening entertainment was dreadful we watched some evenings for a giggle. only down side was hotel walls in bredrooms were very thin one night at about 4.30 i had to shout SHUT UP. we had a great time and really did not want to leave"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

place for night-clubbing :)

"busy trafic on your way to the beach - not very pleasant
food is really good
standart rooms are too small
noisy bar next to the hotel doesn't let to sleep
in general there are a lot of night clubs around - so its perfect for party-goers
salou is actually a dozens of hotels & nothing more, if you wanna feel a real spain - go to terragona"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2007

Excellent Choice

"I first signed up to this website after booking my holiday to Salou to have a look at reviews on the Delfin Park. Most comments at the time were ok so I was a little nervous that our expectations wouldnt be met. Some reviews mentioned that the walls were paper thin and at dinner you may need to sit with other travellers.
However my boyfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Delfin Park and I can honestly say we found it a really enjoyable hotel to stay at.
As the reviews had said there was a set dinner time, ours was at 7pm (the other is at 8.30) but this suited us fine. Also as there was only 2 of us we were sat with another couple, I was worried about this before-hand but it turned out fine because the couple were lovely. The first night you go down for dinner, you have to show your room card and they allocate you a set table which is where you sit all week for your dinner (breakfast you can sit anywhere) The only thing I can say I slightly disliked about the set dinning time was the fact it meant loads of people were at the buffet together and I experienced some ignorant pushy people rushing to get to food!!
The room we were in was on the 4th floor and we had a great poolside view. I was worried after reading people say the walls were paper thin, but all week I hardly heard anything really. However, we paid to have a room on our departure day and it was on the 1st floor where there was quite a bit of noise, this may have been due to the fact the restuarant is also on the 1st floor. The room we had was very spacious, plenty of space for clothes etc.
The hotel itself I feel is very relaxed compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Salou, which is why I would recommend it to older travellers or people who dislike loud entertainment during the day. The Delfin Park also is probably suitabled for disabled people as the pool area is through automatic doors and there is no stairs down to the pool area etc. There also is a ramp in the reception next to lifts for wheelchairs.
If you are travelling with small children the Delfin Park is probably not the most suitable. You are not allowed any lilo's, balls etc in the pool which might disapoint the little ones! There is however a kids pool which is next to a little playarea and there is a gamesroom with pool and airhockey etc. I didnt see a kids club or anything but one night we did see entertainment for chilldren where they were being taught Spanish dancing!
The best things abt the hotel have to be how clean it was and how nice the decor inside the reception and bar area. The reception/bar/waiters and cleaners were all pleasant which makes your stay more welcoming. It's also in a great location, and if you fancy a full English breakfast there are 3 bars right over the road, my boyfriend & I enjoyed the Robin Hood pub, if you want a taste of back home! It's about a 5 minute walk from the beach, main shopping areas and bars.
Also the management of the hotel dont allow any loud noise coming from the bar/lounge area after a certain time of night which is good if you have little kids or you want a good nights sleep!
So overall I have to say I had a great time at the Delfin Park. I was nervous before the holiday due to some reviews I read but honestly 100% I would definately recommend this hotel for a great holiday in Salou!!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Delfin Park

Good

"The Delfin Park hotel was mine and my boyfriends first holiday away together and we were very impressed on arrival. We arrived quite late
at night and the reception staff were still very friendly and the hotel had a lovely atmosphere to it, we were told we could go straight down to dinner even though it was late.

We headed to our room and dropped our stuff, the room was lovely and clean - the only issue we were abit let down over was that the beds were two single beds pushed together which made it impossible to hug together as the result was that one of us often normally fell down the middle of the bed during the night.

Apart from that the room was great and the balcony was lovely. The rooms come with a mini fridge and safe which you have to pay for but get your deposit back when you leave. The fridge is great to keep your water cool and its nice to stick in your suntan lotion to keep it cool also.

The restaurant was very clean and the staff were friendly enough to say how busy it was, the food was fine and i think most people would be able to find something to their liking- lots of fruit and salad.

The bar downstairs was also very nice and the bar staff were very friendly and always up for a laugh, you often didnt even need to go up to the bar because they come round the tables and even outside tables to take your orders.

We had a a very nice time at Delfin park, the only thing we perhaps picked up on was that if you wanted to go away with smaller children this perhaps may not be the best choice - purely down to the fact that there a no toys allowed in the pools - even childrens pools - most children like having balls or floating things for in the water.

I would also say that to get a sun lounger can be difficult, we were up and ready by 9am and even by this early time people had put towels
over sun loungers even though they did not appear until early afternoon - i suppose its individual attitudes though, my mum takes the towels off if the people don't return after an hour and abit - me and boyfriend wanting to avoid any confrontation just left them where they were. It is however hotel policy that people do not put towels on sun loungers - it was still done everyday.

I am diabetic so at lunch times need to go and have an injection and have some food, me and my boyfriend would often try and find somewhere close by to the hotel as we were worried if we were gone too long there would be no space left for us when we returned.

Apart from that the hotel in itself and the staff was a lovely place to spend your time in Salou and we would visit again - just remove the towels next time.

ps. a lovely british bar we visited for lunch quite near the hotel is called The Grape Vine - lovely lovely food."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007

A great location

"We are a couple in our late twenties and have just returned from a weeks stay at the Delfin Park in Salou. The hotel itself was in a great location, just 20mins from the airport and five mins from the beach. The pool area was a bit on the small side for the size of the hotel, however we never had a problem in getting a sunbed, although some people reserved them. Room was cleaned everyday and beds made, towels changed when required. The food in the restaurant was fine, I managed to eat every night and believe me I am the fussiest eater ever!!. My partner enjoyed alot of the meat dishes especially the stew. The hotel entertainment was not to our taste and was aimed more towards the older generation, but as your are so close to the pubs this is not an issue.

OUT AND ABOUT

We would def recommend trying the food in Uncle Sams Diner and Danny Boys. We spend most off our evenings in Danny Boys as it had entertainment on every night it was always "good craic".

Overall, we had a great holiday and would recommend this hotel.
Would book again for this hotel. It is rated as a three star but no different to the four star hotels we have stayed in previously."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of June 2007

Really Good Delfin Park

Good

"We have just returned from a week's half board at the H10 Delfin Park , Salou. After reading a few reviews I was a bit apprehensive but I couldn't fault the hotel at all apart from the entertainment which wasn't in full swing in May. The Hotel was really clean as were the bedrooms. The Swimming pool was cleaned every day and all the debris swept up. The meals could not be faulted - yes there was a bit of repetition on the starter and dessert side but the food was well cooked and presented. I did'nt hear of anyone complaining. People did reserve sunbeds regardless of the notice to remove towels if not in use and at the time we were there we saw many people put their towels on the beds then leave the hotel. We were on the 4th floor - room 410 which overlooked the pool. Any room after no 415 was on the other side of the hotel which didn't have such a good view.
We are a middle aged couple and booked through Direct Holidays"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Great Hotel

Good

"Found this hotel to be in a great location. 15 mins from the airport and was the second drop of which was great. the room size was good for the two of use. two large wardrobes and also shelf space. we were on the fifth floor which isn't great if you dont like heights. the two things that let it down was the fact that when you check in you are given a time to eat at night. ours was 7pm and if your not there by then you don't get in so beware if your going on a day trip. you can change your time to 9pm but again if your not there on time you dont eat. the other thing was the fact that the maids dont give you time to answer the door when they hammer on it at 8am, even when you have a do not distub sign on the door. it got even earlier towards the week. i think we may have annoyed them at the beginning of the week by not letting them in so they were getting their on back. if you are asked if you have any requests when you book , ask for a pool view because otherwise you will be looking a a concrete square which doesn't get much sun.
if you need any help with day trips, local transport or pubs and eating places. just ask !!
Will be going back next year. Good hotel but even better resort ."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Not a 4 star!!

Good

"On first impression this hotel appeared to be very nice and stylish. The reception area was spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready on arrival which was a bonus as usually have to wait for 1-2 hrs. The room was lovely, clean and modern, the only downside was that there wasnt enough drawers and has to pile up t shirts etc. We were allocated a table in the dining room and kept this for the whole of our stay which was good as there was no queing. The food was excellent although not hot enough for me and there was no microwave in the dining room so you could hot it up. The pool area was lovely with two adult pools and a childrens pool but there wasnt enough space for many sunbeds as this area was taken up by tables and the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat in!!. The bar staff was great especially the waiter called Jesus, he was very nice and friendly. The location of this hotel couldnt be better with only a short walk to he beach, bars and shops. Would I go again - Im not sure!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of June 2013

good position, friendly staff but very quiet hotel

"we stayed at the Delphin Park for a week from 8th May 2011 and were very happy on the whole with the hotel. We overlooked the back of the hotel which we didn't mind because it was very quiet and was nice to sit and have a drink. There was a bit of a safety issue I noticed on the balconies though - not an issue for us but there is a HUGE gap between the balcony wall and the floor and a small child could easily get their legs stuck in there. We were issued a time to eat which was way too early but that was easily changed without an issue. We noticed too that some couples were being made to sit with other couples they didn't even know - quite often they were'nt even the same nationality!! We were very lucky as we had our own table - bit regimented in my opinion - we prefer to sit where we please - which indeed was the case at breakfast. One thing which we couldn't quite believe was when we asked for a ice bucket for our wine the waiter said it was already cold!!!! I think he got a bit of a telling off for that!! It also took us quite a long time to get across that my husband needed a larger glass for his beer - the drinking glasses EVERYWHERE are so tiny!!! We ended up with about 12 glasses all the same size (small) on the table until we couldn't do anything for laughing!!! There was absolutely nothing happening at the hotel during the day - the kids club was never open and there was no entertainment. The majority of the guests were over 60 and the entertainment reflected this - it gradually got worse as the week went on!!! We always went out in the evenings so it wasn't a problem but it was always a laugh to see what was on this time! The surrounding area is really nice and there are plenty of bars, restaurants and cafes around; some lovely walks especially the coastal one and easy access on public transport to nearby towns - Nessabar is worth a visit - about 10 mins on the bus and has a lovely harbour and little town and some really nice places to eat. The beach is also lovely there and was practically deserted! Fabulous! The furthest bar on the strip which is also a restaurant is also a good place to stop and have a drink - there are some really comfy chairs and it's great to sit and read, have a drink and watch the world go by. We went to Barcelona on the train and loved it so much we went again on our last day!! It takes about an hour and a half on the train and was about £20 return for us both which was great value. One more thing to mention about the hotel itself is just what everyone else has been mentioning - the walls really ARE paper thin - so much so that I was glad the couple next door were french so that we couldn't understand what they were saying - had they been English they may have well been in the same room!!! I didn't believe people when they said just how much can be heard through those walls but trust me - you can hear EVERYTHING!!! Even on the balcony - I was sitting reading on evening and almost fell off the balcony when the guy on the balcony next door coughed - it sounded like he was right behind me and scared the living daylights out of me!!! On the whole it was an extremely relaxing, very welcome holiday and we have no major complaints about anything at all - just the picky little things which we just laughed off - if you go knowing what to expect they you will be fine"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2011

Hotels near H10 Delfin

Stayed at H10 Delfin? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for H10 Delfin

• giaitken9 by giaitken9

"Great town and has a bit of everything for everyone! "

• S C Davies by S C Davies

"do not take young children to this hotel "

• Happy traveller by Happy traveller

"Great for any age. Already booked for 2011 "

• Facebook me Kirsten Harper by Facebook me Kirsten Harper

"Juan i will never forgt you! "

• Facebook me Kirsten Harper by Facebook me Kirsten Harper

"loved it and can't wait until i go back "

• ron.c1953 by ron.c1953

"favourite bar/restaraunt - the lazy wave, robin hood a close second. boat excursions "

H10 Delfin is also called