About Golden Port Salou & Spa

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • kids club
  • billiards
  • paid public parking on site
  • mini golf

Good
( 2063 reviews)

Fabulous all inclusive hotel

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2016

"Lovely clean, air conditioned hotel. Food was fabulous and so were staff. I would definitely stay here again. Pools plenty and considering its peak season always managed to get a bed and a drink from bar. Lots of options to choose from including brand named drinks! Entertainment team ace, recommend the kids mini club disco and the water aerobics. Entertainment on evening but hit or miss but still ok. Nice spot with 20 min walk to beach and rough 25/30 min walk to portventura. Overall best all inclusive I've stayed at and I've been to a fair few!! "

• Travel date: Fri 5th of August 2016

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 1st of August 2012

"First impressions of this hotel were very nice! Nice spacious reception with very helpful staff. Lovely air conditioned dining room with NO QUEUEING! The restaraunt managers which marked your card were fabulous, extremly friendly and always a big smile. The food was EXCELLENT, we even had roast beef and yorkshire pudding!! that must be a first in Spain. The bar was spacious and the waiters were very nice, happy hour every night, 8pm to 9pm. The only down side was that the entertainment was inside which we dont like. There were 2 great big pools and a childrens pool and also a smaller pool at the bottom of the waterfall. The heated indoor pool was free of charge also. Now the down side, our room was basic but had everything you need including tea and coffee making facilities. Our balcony overlooked the pool areas which was nice, but sadly the cleaning of our room was also basic, floor wasnt swept properly and left dust and hairs and the bathroom wasnt kept very clean either, check out the radiator in the bathroom! UGH!! The rooms are rather dated and could definately do with a revamp. The location of the hotel is also not very good, it is a good 20mins from the beach, NOT 10MINS like other reviews say. There were six of us in our party so we all clubbed together to pay for a taxi which was roughly about 7 euros. There is a Spanish bar if you go right out of the hotel, its on the corner, wow it was lovely they even had your glasses in the freezer so you got a frosted glass with lovely ice cold beeer in it. We dont do English bars Im afraid, although there is one a bit futher up we tried it one night for about 10mins then left!!!! All in all this hotel was very very good but found the location a little too far out from the main promenade for my liking."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2012

golden port salou review

Reviewed Wed 20th of June 2012

"we were first of all booked into the donnair beach in pineda when we arrived there was no room so we were put into the golden port salou and how pleased we were,really friendly hotel bar staff are brilliant,the snacks are fantastic didn't need to go into dining hall,,rooms were spotless cleaned everyday. kettle and fridge provided. pool was of adequate size and ideal, waiter service around pool. cos we were all inclusive branded drinks smirnoff,bacardi,gordons gin all in... 1euro for strongbow, guinness..etc. location was near all shops 10 mins enjoyable stroll to beach, would i stay at this hotel again? DAMN RIGHT I WOULD! going back next year with kids & grandkids.. see you soon."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2012

very good

Reviewed Sun 9th of October 2011

"just stayed in this hotel in sept it was lovely husband wife and daughter will deff return next year food wss fab the only thing I would like is the restarent stafF were not very friendly "

• Travel date: Thu 6th of October 2011

great holiday at Golden Port Hotel

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2011

"I have just returned from a holiday with my wife,son,and 3 grandchildren at this hotel The rooms were clean and tidy linen changed daily,three pools + childs pool,plenty of loungers,and facilities.The meals were superb,with plenty of choice for everyone,even a carvery at night and crepes in the morning along with full English,fruit,sweets,tea or coffee,excellent.The only complaint was the cost of soft drinks,2Euros for pool table,but evening entertaintment was first class.I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to my friends."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of July 2011

safe

Reviewed Tue 10th of August 2010

"this hotel was very good .food was everything you could ask for. the only thing we found was wrong that the safe deposit box was on the floor and you had to get down on your knee to open @close it."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of August 2010

FANTASTIC

Reviewed Mon 9th of November 2009

"HOTEL. Me and my girlfriend went on our first holiday together. We are in our late teens/twenties. The hotel was absolutely amazing. Really clean, great food and the enertainers Karleny and Israel were fabulous.

RESORT. Salou resort is just a typical Spanish tourist resort. However watch for pick pocketers as we had a close encounter.

EXCURSIONS. To many to p;oint out, Barcelona fontains, Barcelona day/night, Nou Camp, Port Aventura, Waterparks............. The list is endless.

RECOMMENDED TO ALL AGES."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of November 2009

Awesome!

Reviewed Wed 12th of August 2009

"Firstly, I would like to say take all reviews as a guideline only, but I do try to right honest reviews each time, and believe me I would be the first to complain if something wasn’t right! My husband couldn’t believe it when I didn’t have something to complain about – only the fact that we didn’t book for 14 nights instead of 7 

We booked this holiday really late. Booked on Tuesday to travel the following Friday! So it was a mad panic.....

After much disappointing searching via various travel agents and internet sights who were coming up with not so good hotels and much dearer, I was about to give up and found this amazing deal on Sunmaster ltd. It was cheaper again as we were willing to travel further afield to fly...we booked for 7 night’s half board. Travelling was 2 adults and one child aged 10.

We had been to Salou two years prior and loved it so much we couldn’t wait to go back. The last hotel we stayed in which we thought was great, but on seeing this and arriving there, we thought amazing! It was def 4 *!! The rooms were great and although we were at the side of the hotel and facing apartments, it was so quiet and we didn’t really spend any time in our room other than to sleep and the odd siesta when it got really hot!

Our room had a fridge in it and from reading another review I kept the after sun in it which was really handy and needed! Lol. It also had tea and coffee facilities, which is rare.

The safe was 20 euros plus an extra 6 euros deposit which you got back at the end of your stay.

The staff were so friendly and helpful! My advice is always treat them with respect as they work so hard! There is no way I could do their job!!
There was ample choice of food, and for all you who complain about foreign food - STAY AT HOME! You are in a foreign country enjoy it, they would have to if they came here!

I didn’t have time to try the spa, but spoke to families who had and they said FAB!

The nightly entertainment was held indoors which I thought was a refreshing change, as you could enjoy if wanted, but we sat outside and enjoyed a drink, whist my daughter was insight and inside and couldn’t get enough of it!! Luckily I missed the snake man, he was the following week!

They also had a separate pool just for games like volleyball and water polo and never came around nagging you or the kids to join in, which was also v nice!
Sun beds - now what can I tell you about these? There were plentiful in supply all day and always loads stacked up! Once I woke up early and joined the saddos who qued for the poolside to open to grab their ‘spot’, but that was the first and last time I did that! The poolside opened at 9.00am, so unless you wanted to be right by the pool and get splashed all day whilst trying to soak up the rays there is no need to be sad and queue!
The drinks were average price but each evening they ran two happy hours, where you bought one drink and got the same free! No straight spirits during this time tho.... I think my hubby may need a liver transplant! Lol x

If you have been to Salou b4, just opposite the hotel and to the right is a camping site, where the little blue and white trains and services buses stop. If you come out of the hotel and turn left and left again you will end up on the main stretch, turn right by Burger King and this will take you into the main hub.

There is also a handicraft market which runs every night from 7pm – 12 midnight and the ‘sandman’ is awesome!! You should buy a piece of his art! If you turn left at Burger King you will come to it.

A tip for Portaventura Theme Park: Buy the tickets this end, we used 365.com, but DON’T forget to take your voucher with you! We took ours, as to me its one of the things you check b4 you go! But were amazed when we were transferring ours the number of people who had forgotten! How, I don’t know!! Once inside there is an information desk to your right (don’t go to the one outside the turn styles, unless transferring your vouchers, as the queue is too long!) In here you can purchase fast track tickets, a MUST! It cost me 23 euros each, which maybe a bit steep on top of the theme park tickets, but it saved so much time! You can also if lucky get them on eBay b4 hand, but as we didn’t know if we’d get this holiday, I couldn’t do that!

All in all this was the best holiday we have had and will not hesitate to return to Salou and the same hotel!

Hope you enjoy as much as we did! If I can help in anyway, please feel free to contact me [email protected] x "

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009

would reccommend

Reviewed Tue 26th of May 2009

"I went there with my boyfriend on the 8th of may and I really enjoyed holiday in that hotel. My rating is 10 because there was no disadvantages. Hall and reception very nice, groundfloor toilets in very high standard - clean and they smelled nice. Hotel rooms small but designed very well, new furniture, double mattresses, nice bathroom with a lovely shower. According to food in the hotel I would give more than 10 ratings. An extremely wide range of meat, veg, desserts, bakeries etc. and it was so delicious!!! Everything was well cooked/fried, taste was lovely! People in hotel were very friendly. There are four brilliant swimming pools(one is charged, but not expensive - about 5euros). Very nice thing is that SPA situated in the hotel. You have a range of saunas, massages, revitalising etc. My holiday rating overall is 10. Hope you have a great holiday in there!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

I have just returned from a fortnight at...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"I have just returned from a fortnight at this hotel and think it was very good value for money. The hotel is clean and all the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Our bedroom was very comfortable and, for the first time ever on a foreign holiday, we had a double bed which was a pleasant surprise. There was a small fridge and a kettle in the room with a basket of tea, coffee, sugar and containers of longlife milk provided. The bathroom had all the usual amenities plus a bidet. The room was cleaned daily and if we had wanted we could have had clean towels every day. The balcony had 2 sun beds, a table and 2 ordinary chairs and a very useful expanding clothes line. We were on the 7th floor in room 706 and unfortunately the position of this room was awful. We were at the end of the building and on one side of us was the extractor fan from the kitchen. Every morning between 8 a.m and 8.30 a.m we were woken by the deafening noise of the fan starting up and this continued until about 10pm. Not only did we have to suffer the noise but the smell of cooking was over powering. With hindsight, I suppose we should have complained and insisted on being moved.

The food was fabulous and as it is a buffet style you can have as llittle or as much as you want. I didnt hear anyone complain about the food as there was always so much choice that even the fussiest eater was catered for. We soon learned that there were times to avoid if you wanted to avoid waiting for a table.

The evening entertainment was good and most of the shows were very enjoyable. The entertainment team worked very hard to ensure that all ages and nationalities enjoyed themselves. One of the team called Israel was brilliant as his command of English was superb and his bingo calling was hilarious. I dont like bingo but he made the nightly activity a hoot. The pillars in the bar were a real problem as many of the guests could see nothing. Some of the entertainers were aware of this and went out into the audience for short moments but for the majority of the time the guests seated left of the middle of the stage saw nothing.

We came to the conclusion that Salou is the Spanish answer to Blackpool. It is full of tacky shops offering tacky souvenirs and cafes offering British food and sky football!! But .... it is a useful base and there is such a good local bus service that you can soon travel to Cambrils or Tarragona and these are delightful places. Of course we also went to Port Aventura and had a fun time. I would strongly advise buying the tickets before travelling. Currently the daily ticket is 43 euros and I bought a 14 day pass for the 2 of us in England for £118 so made a huge savingas we visited the park three times and then passed our tickets on. We also visited Montserrat, Sitges and Reus and liked these places as they have retained their own charm.

A holiday is what you make it .............. but this hotel and the local area did a great deal to make our holiday a brilliant two weeks. (just make sure you dont get room 706!)"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

i would reccomend this hotel to absoulut...

Reviewed Mon 6th of October 2008

"i would reccomend this hotel to absoulutly anybody.
Entertainment at the hotel is FANTASTIC especially for the little ones and then there is entertainment for everyone after the mini disco
Staff were really helpful if u needed anything you could just walk up to the thomson desk and she/he would be able to point you in the right direction.
Also if you could get a chance to go into the spa which they have in hotel which does cost extra 5euros it is worth it it is lovly.
I reccomend to go to Portaventura theme park this was amazing as when me and my boyfriend went we had a fantastic time there a little noddy train picked us up from just up the road by a hotel called calipso it costs 3euros each.
Also when comming out of hotel if you turn right and walk up to the second turning right there i a pub called Funky Monkey (English bar) which is amazing quality of food for money.

i would rate this hotel over 10/10 as this was the second time i have been here.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

We have travelled to this hotel for seve...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"We have travelled to this hotel for several years over Christmas & New Year and are always pleased with our holiday. We find that the staff remain largely the same, year to year and feel that this gives a good indication of the quality of the service that you can expect. We have an adult son with learning difficulties and he is treated with politeness and respect. All the staff are friendly and helpful without being subservient. If you can eat all that is put before you at the New Year's eve gala dinner, you are a better man than me - and the free bar from midnight onwards comes as a very welcome gift. This is a comfortable and relaxed hotel, without artifice or pretension. "

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

Hotels near Golden Port Salou & Spa

Top traveller tips for Golden Port Salou & Spa

• alex543 by alex543

"Restaurant- "Lunattic or "LaSal" Sightseeing - definatelly Bracelona! "

• jacksontour by jacksontour

"Too many to mention! Portaventura Theme Park and Cambrills if I had to narrow it down! "

• JasonH by JasonH

"Watch for pickpocketers "

• JasonH by JasonH

"The hotel and Barcelona "

• sausage by sausage

"I would go back again take my Grandson with us "

• Bagsyboy by Bagsyboy

"use hotel taxis for Port au ventura and Aqua Park,cheaper than wee train or bus "

• ISON by ISON

"for june wasn't overcrowded and not too lively "

• travellinggranny by travellinggranny

"Sit in a bar along the promenade at night if you like people watching, its awsome. "

Golden Port Salou & Spa is also called