Best holiday ever :)

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"just back from calafont hotel,Ive been at this hotel 6 times.. for the past 6 summers we have been going, and it is tidy, i got my room straight away, staff we're friendly, great entertainment at night time, club for children to make wee things, seemed very enjoyable.. not even a 5 minute walk to the beach, was nice to just sit by the pool & watch your children enjoy it while you lay back and sunbathed.. its a lovely hotel.. and i'll be going back in 2 years as im for america next summer for a change :)! dont listen to all these bad reviews! you'll love this hotel! :D"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

review

Reviewed Thu 5th of May 2011

"This hotel was lovely and in a great location, we got one of the bus passes available at some of the hotels to do our sight seeing with and this made travelling around Salou very easy.
We had a lovely time at this hotel but were a little discouraged after reading the awful reviews it had been given, particulary in regards to the food served there. Well, we can't fault the food although some nights we couldn't quite tell what it was so played safe with chicken nuggets, however, on one morning I woke up next to my husband, only to discover that during the night he'd developed some kind of upset stomach and had lost control of his bodily functions in bed. The horror was unbelievable. Other than that we had a very nice holiday. "

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2011

excellent holiday

Reviewed Mon 11th of October 2010

"Just back ,read the reviews of this hotel before we left so were a little bit worried before we left.However when we arrived all our worries were dispelled,it is a modern clean hotel,rooms cleaned everyday,linen changed on request.The food was plentiful and varied,cereal,fried,scrambled and boiled eggs,bacon and bangers,pancakes,youghart,fresh fruit,limitless tea,coffe,fresh fruitjuice and toast in the morning.In the evenings,varied menu each night and again well cooked and warm.Staff were efficient and diligent.The pool area was brilliant and 2 small coves and beaches were only 50 metres away the bigger Playa Llarga was only 5 minutes walk.This hotel caters for people from all over Europe not just the British Isles.The area round about was a little quiet but the frequent buses took you into Salou for 1.40 euro (a 5 minute journey).They also allowed pets to stay in the hotel though not at the dining area or pool and this in no way affected our stay I did not hear a single noise from any room that may have had a pet in it all week.The only people I heard all week were a few people from England who complained about there being too many "foreingers" about.I saw one couple at breakfast complain that the toaster was not turned up enough so the waiter turned it up the person 2 back in the line to use it complained when she used it that it was burning her toast! so how could they win, the only non british person who I saw complain all week was complaining that they would not let him book another week.The only drawback for this hotel is that the area roundabout is hilly."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2010

lovely

Reviewed Tue 12th of October 2010

"i went to Hotel Cala Font in Cap Salou in september 2009 the hotel was good and clean it had alot of entertainment on the night and in the day there is a club for where the children can go and make things, the pool is very good and relaxing. There is a pub just around the corner what is a English pub with English people working there. Overall the hotel was good and i would recomend it if you were going to Cap Salou in Spain
:) x"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2010

Would advise anyone against!

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"Have just returned from Cala Font hotel in Salou and have to say it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Where to start with my complaint?? On arrival at around midnight, myself, partner and our young son were told to wait in reception until our room was ready. Unfortunately this only happened at 2:30pm the following afternoon!! Despite countless complaints from us the staff were completely unhelpful and totally disinterested in our plight. After finally managing to get us a room we were guided to our groundfloor room which even on first glance we could see was unsecured. The shutter blinds and door frame did not close or lock properly (looked as if it had been opened with a screwdriver) so immeadiately we felt ourselves and our posessions were at risk. Again staff ignored our requests to be moved. After viewing the food we decided there was no way we would be eating it! I could go on and on with my complaints about this place. Dirty rooms, poor quality staff, nothing you would expect from a hotel. A total holiday from hell."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of October 2010

horrible

Reviewed Wed 29th of September 2010

"We have just returned from the cala font hotel and would never stay there again. The food was ok if you liked grease 24/7. The rooms appeared clean till you looked under the beds which were covered in hairs and good knows what else. The staff never smiled and it was full of russians which where just as bad, one of these russian woman attacked my son in the pool and the hotel did nothing at all. It must be ok to attack childern in this hotel so be aware as my son is only eight years old."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2010

fantastic hotel poor area

Reviewed Fri 1st of October 2010

"after reading bad reviews weeks before we went we was expecting a holiday from hell. we traveled as a family of 4 me my husband and 2 boys 1 age 7 and 1 age 9 months, the transfer to cap salou was only 30 mins, the hotel is on the top of a brew not very good for people with walking difficultys or like us with prams. But the hotel was gorgious grand entrance very clean modern we got pool view on 4th floor, rooms big enough for what time we spent in them complete with skin/hair dryer card key,air con,cleaned everyday infact the whole hotel was cleaned all day over it was imaculate, food was great we went half board full english,pancakes,ommoletes,fruit yoghurt,tea,coffie,juices etc every morning, meals in the evenings were also good with gorgious cake selections and always hot. with us takeing a 9 mth old we used the microwaves in the dining room to strilize bottles in sterlizing bags. entertainment did come on rather late but we found it was perfect really as wen it had finished we was ready for bed anyway with 2 young children, there were alot of german,russian and spanish as well as english but most were friendly, close to 2 small coved beeches which the sea was more like a warm bath hench the spanish swimming most mornings at around 5 am. cot proveded for the baby which looked very cosy, non smokeing hotel apart from on terrace and outside areas.VERY GOOD entertainment for children with mini club running twice a day in a well shaded room right next to the small pool. this hotel deserves to be at least a 4 star, its the area cap salou wat isnt as good if u want quiet,hilly,and staying in your hotel it will be fine otherwise you need to catch the bus to near by towns salou is very bustling and perfect for shopping, etc. la pinarda has the water park both are around a 30/45 min walk away from cap salou, salou is up a windeing road up hill ha ha no good again with children, id say this hotel was just in the wrong area as it was a bit 2 quiet for us with only 2 souviener shops around 4/5 bars a play area nad around 5 supermarkets there just wernt enough to keep us occupyed but if you have booked cap salou and cala font a bus ride away for 3 euros is not to bad and dosent spoil your holiday x"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of September 2010

We have just arrived home and thank god!

Reviewed Thu 2nd of September 2010

"We have just returned home from Cala Font and all I can say is never I have been on holiday and after 3 days wanted to come home. We arrived at 11.30 and had to wait around with 2 young children until 1.45 when our room was ready. Most of the staff were rude and unfriendly, our room which was more like a prison cell was just awful , we had a few of a wall! Our room was also above the kitchens so you can imagine the smells.... If you were lucky enough to get a view of the sea I suppose you could block out the state of the room but we didnt have that luxury. My 6yr old daughter had an upset tum and one morning after breakfast I "attempted" to take a dry bread roll with us for her to try a bit later as she wouldnt eat anything, well as I left the restaurant I was almost arrested for taking the bread roll as you are not allowed to take food out of the restaurant! I tried to explain the situation but it fell on deaf ears and was told to put the offending item back! To say I was disgusted was an understatement especially as the "spanish guests" were allowed to take whatever they wanted out the restaurant without being stopped. The pool and the bathing area is nowhere near big enough for the amount of guests staying esp if you are lucky enough to have secured a sunbed and a space!

Absolutely hated our time at Cala Font and wouldnt return there if it was a freebie! To top things off, the rep advised us as we were getting picked early to go home and wouldnt have time for breakfast, reception would get us and the children a glass of juice and some tea n toast. However, when we checked out I asked the receptionist who looked at me as though I was dirt and said no sorry the restaurant dosent open until 8am, turned his back on us and walked away. I didnt even bother to argue I just wanted out of there at this point. Spain is also now so expensive, packet of quavers 150 euros at the hotel bar. The hotel food is ok but the same thing everynight and in my opinion dosent really cater for kids. My girls enjoyed the kids club so I suppose that was something.

I personally wouldnt recommend this for families or even couples as the entertainment was limited and the daytime was very boring no music around the pool, nothing going on etc. "

• Travel date: Sat 28th of August 2010

not bad

Reviewed Wed 18th of August 2010

" the hotel was clean, the pool area was very good,
the food was pretty good, with different choices
for every one,, don"t listen to the bad vibes, if you want a quite hol you " like........................"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of August 2010

brilliant

Reviewed Tue 10th of August 2010

"i returned yesterday and after reading others thoughts i was put off but i had a good experience and think its better then what people say i loved it and am plannin to book again for next year the staff are polite and the entertainment is also good especially for kids"

• Travel date: Sat 31st of July 2010

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed Tue 9th of February 2010

"The hotel was exactly what we wanted, quiet and tasteful. i could imagine it being quite boring for young couples as there isn't alot to do 'clubwise' but that was what we liked about it most. no hordes of british tourists littering up the place. friendly staff, beautiful hotel rooms, lovely peaceful area, with easy access to Salou and it's water parks etc. we will definitely go back."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of February 2010

Highly recommended

Reviewed Tue 13th of October 2009

"We stayed at the Cala Font in May and had a perfect holiday. The view from the hotel is spectacular and the surrounding area with it's pine trees is really pretty. The reception staff are lovely, always friendly and welcoming. The room was cleaned every day and was spacious and comfortable. We were a little concerned that it might be a bit hilly for us as we are both in our sixties but coped well throughout our ten day stay. The five minute walk to the bus stop is up a small hill but was a pretty walk as you could look down at the sea through the pine trees. We bought a Plana bus card which cost 10.7 euros for ten bus journeys and then could be topped up for 8.70 for a further ten journeys. With the card we visited Terragona, Reuss, Buona Vista market, Cambrils, Salou and la Pineda. Each place is different and has something of interest. Terragona is a lovely old town with a Roman History. The cathedral is a must as it is full of the most beautiful treasures. The archaelogical museum is also very interesting with so many interesting Roman objects. At the bus stop up the hill a bus can be caught to Barcelona. We went on the Plana panaramic trip and it was fantastic. Barcelona is a fascinating city and Park Guell cannot be missed.

We had such a good time we returned this October and stayed in a four star hotel in Cambrils. How we wished we had returned to the friendly Cala Font where the receptionists are so polite and friendly. Cala Font deserves to be a four star hotel as the staff know how to treat customers. The only disadvantage to this hotel is that it is probably not suitable for people who are not very mobile."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of October 2009

Hotels near Cala Font Hotel

Top traveller tips for Cala Font Hotel

• Lorraine&Wayne by Lorraine&Wayne

"Paddock Bar, cap salou. Local markets every day "

• tina23 by tina23

"bonavista market is a must for anyone that enjoys markets and haggling! "

• "you can walk into Salou along the beach, takes about half an hour "

• pandos by pandos

"Would go back in a flash "

• pandos by pandos

"Port Aventura and La Pineda "

• DAVID_ISAAC1 by DAVID_ISAAC1

"Aquapolis waterpark and The Smugglers Inn Pun in Cap Salou.Excellent food! "

• Miss M Kerrigan by Miss M Kerrigan

"Great for families and for a relaxing holiday "

• Miss M Kerrigan by Miss M Kerrigan

"Do not miss a trip to La Pineda beach "

• susan.di-fonzo by susan.di-fonzo

"Cap Salou is the opposite to Salou. Cap Salou is peaceful whereas Salou is bustling with people. "

• susan.di-fonzo by susan.di-fonzo

"Trip to Barcelona and Montserrat "

• Julie by Julie

"Not for teenagers, but perfect for quiet families "

• aaron by aaron

"im already planning to go back next year "

•  shaunb by shaunb

" it"s a chill............................................ "

• Pagey by Pagey

"Avoid at all costs!!! "

• Eilishhh by Eilishhh

"Best hotel iv every stopped in. "

• sean by sean

"clean hotel,quiet area,locality hilly "

• Davies by Davies

"Get a bus pass, trips to portaventura much easier that way "

• Tasha123 by Tasha123

"just chill & have fun :) "

Cala Font Hotel is also called