Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre

Carrer de Paris 21, 43840 Salou Spain

Great time had by all !

"Just got back from two weeks here and we all had a fantastic holiday - was very dubious after reading some of the previous reviews. Did not hear any kids running around at 3 am, and did not hear the trains (though we were lucky enough to have a pool side view). Made lots of friends, and all the staff (especially Fernando) were excellent !

Pools were cool, but we found that a welcome relief from the heat.

The buffet food was excellent, however on a personal we did not enjoy the bar meal (though the bar snacks were quite tasty).

Kids club was excellent - best that I have ever come across).

What more can I say - excellent family holiday centre (though it can be a rather long walk with younger children to get to the restaurants)."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

great atmosphere

Good

"Just back from the Cye, had a great time went with my husband and two children. Stayed in hotel most nights as its a bit of a walk up to the other bars. Entertainment is ok but the atmosphere is excellent, apartments are huge and we had a pool view so it was lovely. Pool closed off at night so it is very safe for kids to run around. The train passes near by but it isn't loud and i didn't hear it at night , i would recommend this hotel to families . I would stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Clean but not alot else!

"The hotel is very clean but the pool is tiny for the amount of people in the hotel - several people went to different hotels as they couldnt get a bed round the pool.

Most people let there kids run mad so several younger children like my 2 year old daughter got hit by balls in the face and nocked over.

The hotel is based on a busy railway line and the trains sound there horns throughout the night.

Entertainment is terrible - all there is every night is a 1 hour mini kids disco, bingo and a quiz.

reps arent based at the hotel so you have to go through reception for hep but they arent very accomodating.

hotel is very noisy throughout the night with kids running up and down the corridors screaming at 3 am.

I know its a holiday but as I have a 2 year old I would have liked for her to have been able to gets some sleep between the kids screaming and trains!

I know several families left early as they were tired and bored as the entertainment is poor. Theres no English telly and the food is awful."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

Town great

"Arrived at 10.30am to be told rooms were not ready and to come back after 12.30pm we were quite lucky as other people had to wait a lot longer. Once we got into our room the air conditioning wasn't too great and we had the view of the railway line and great noisy speed trains. Apartment floor dirty and maid service only twice in the 7 nights we were there.
Thought the €60 deposit was steep as even if any damage were made they didnt check anything and ontop of that you had to pay €32 for a safe getting only €10 back.
Had bar food which was nice but the pool was very small and nowhere near enough sunbeds to go around so very handy the beach is only 3 mins walk.
Salou itself was lovely."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of July 2006

dont book half board!

"we went to salou in may staying at cye holiday centre . hotel itself was fabulous very clean and well maintained . we had booked for half board but found that as there were not enough people going half board the manager of the hotel decided the chef was not to cook for us and the other couple who had paid for half board. we were in dispute with the hotel and were offered bar snack menu for evening meal which consisted of chicken nuggets or fish fingers for my 4 year old son. obviously i was very unhappy as we had paid around £500 more than most people who were staying at the same hotel. the breakfast was served at 8.30am and this lay under a hot plate for 2 hours without any of the food being taken or replaced with fresh food. our holiday was ruined as we had to buy breakfast and evening meals therefore we could not go to see barcelona as we did not bring a credit card with us. we have been in salou on 2 seperate occassions each time being half board and couldn't fault the quality or quantity of food, this is why we chose to go half board again. the company rep we went with accepted that we were entitled to half board but they had no joy in trying to settle this arrangement and when we left to return home a dispute was still ongoing. i have learned that in future we will check with travel agent before going to ensure we are being offered what we pay for. salou is a beautiful, fabulous place to visit and ideal for families. poeple are lovely and beach is fabulous. theme park and water parks are excellent value for money and i defy anyone to say they havent had a fab time in salou"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Better than the reviews I'd read

"After booking I read the reviews & was slightly worried. We'd requested a low level room with pool view but got neither so slightly disappointed when we arrived at 3am. But to my surprise we got a 4th floor GORGEOUS apartment. Two big(gish) bedrooms, TWO well sized bathrooms, a very decent sized living area & small kitchenette. It was immaculately clean, no complaints, maid service 3 times in a week.
My parents had one bedroom, me, my partner & our 5 year old son slept in bedroom 2 with the two beds pushed together, our daughter also slept in there with us in a cot (hotel provided proper cot) Plenty of wardrobe & cupboard space.
We overlooked the railway line which wasn't that bad at all, as someone else said it is quite relaxing watching people crossing over the bridge & going about their business.
Any help we needed was dealt with quickly & efficiently - really nice staff & manager.
The pool was smaller than it looks on piccies, but it's nice & it's clean
About 40 minutes walk away is a lovely English pub that serves bar food called Funky Monkey (road name carrer priorat) & not far from there is a camp site called 'la union' run by an Irish couple that does the most lovely English/Irish breakfast
We walked quite a bit to get to see Salou but you're on holiday so that's fine isn't it??"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of June 2006

loved staying at the cye

"this was our second time staying at the cye and it was as good as the first time . The staff all speak good english and try to help you as much as they can . The rooms are spotless everything you need .I would advise anyone who is going for the first time to use public transport insteasd of the excursions as its a lot cheaper and you have more time to look around. The hotel reps arent very helpful but if you go down to the bus stop you will find spanish people who are there to give you information on the transport and we found them more helpful than the reps Going back next year."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Excellent facilities, sympathetic to disabilities

"Took a party of ten adults with learning disabilities. Hotel staff treated us with respect, plenty of assistance and information always available. Remembered us from two years previous. Meals more than adequate, entertainment always high quality. Would have no hesitation in going there again."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2005

A sigh for the CYE

Good

"The CYE holiday centre is located within about 3 minutes walking distance from Salou beach which is really convenient but unfortunately is located a good 15-20 minute walk away from the Place D'Europe where the majority of good pubs clubs and shops are. Dont get me wrong there are a few nice bars located close by but for young people looking to stay out till the wee small hours of the morning its a fair trudge to find a club. The apartments are excellent and can easily fit four people comfortably. There is a bed in the hall 2 single beds in the bedroom (if your a couple just push them together and you will be fine) and two big couch beds in the kitchen/living room. The apartments are well furnished and include all the mod cons i.e tv microwave and even a toaster. The air conditioning in the apartments is excellent I'd recommend not putting it onto the highest setting as its gets a bit nippy. The one MAJOR downside of the apartments as mentioned before in previous reviews is the railway line behind the complex. If you have children demand a room with a pool view as the kids will not get an ounce of sleep. The trains are literally non-stop and operate 24 hours a day. One night I had the misfortune of letting the patio door open and did not get an ounce of sleep. The majority of guests there are english as well and being from Ireland I too found this a bit intimidating. As mentioned previously as well kids are left run riot in the complex, we were there in september when the school hols were over so I can imagine what it would be like peak season. The reps in the hotel were excellent I would definately recommend going on some of the excursions they offer. The trip around the Nou Camp is a must for any soccer net!!."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2005

Cye Holiday Centre

"Myself 19, and boyfriend 22 stayed here for one week. It was brilliant. we meet some fab families and you should go on the family pub crawl the Reps are so helpful and a great laugh.
we had a view of the railway line but to be honest you dont even notice it. And we enjoyed just watching people walk across the bridge!

we both loved this holiday and couldnt say a bad word about it just wish we had longer."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2005

may 2010

"Just got back from a week spent in Cye holiday centre. Had to pay 60euro on arrival, which i got back on the last day, also had to pay 42€ for a cot, which we were not told about until we got there, this was non refundable. Reception staff a bit rude at times, and anytime you went near them they were always on facebook!!! Apartments were ok for 2 adults and 1 x 2 year old, any more and it would be crowded. After the 2nd night we asked to get moved because of late night parties and noise, we got moved no problem, then on our last night, there was lots of noise coming from nearby rooms, I called reception twice and the guy came up to sort it, but the noise continued, I was actually quite scared because of this shouting fighting and arguing that went on, I called reception again and asked for them to call the police which he did, police came and noise settled down after an hour or so. Good location to beach/shops etc... good place to eat is the Corra Linn down the street on the left if your heading towards the beach, nice staff in there too. All in all I thought Salou very expensive for the quality of food/drinks/service etc..... I would not return to Salou. Weather ok, had rain 4 times tho, this cant be helped. take the land train which you can get on outside Mcdonalds for €3 last about an hour and you get to see lovely sights, barcelona is a must too, was very impressed with this place. Next imte I'll go for 4*, hopefully there won'y be as much riff raff about!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2010

first family holiday

Good

"Myself my husband and 2 kids went here in may this yr and loved it,the staff were always polite on reception and the maids they always said hello when they saw you.It was central for portaventura which is a must, the beach is in walking distance and the buses stop right outside of the main door to go to barcelona, terragona. When you get there you do have leave a £50 deposit but you get that back the day you leave. I cant fault the apartments they are clean the maids are around if you need them, my kids loved it the only thing that was disappointing was the weather wasnt too good the 2nd wk. I would recommend these apartments too anyone, and the bars and resturants are on the same road and there is on connected to the reception called the lazy wave. Are rep kayleigh was lovely and the night before we left we had good nite in the titanic bar with all the Thomas cook reps doing a kids night. If you are thinking of going do it. "

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Hotels near Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre

Stayed at Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre

• rose1234 by rose1234

"Defo go to portadventura and Aqua Leon "

• saras91 by saras91

"flash back night club "

• Julieanne seddon by Julieanne seddon

"Miami inn and we loved are trip to barcelona and the nou camp we booked thruogh are rep. "

Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre is also called