About Albatros Family

• car hire
  • french amenities
  • game room
  • shared lounge tv area
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • telephone
  • parking garage
  • sun terrace
  • bicycle rental
  • kitchenware
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • iron
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • tv channel one russia
  • catalan amenities
  • private pool

Hotel to hell

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2016

"The rooms are very dated we had our bed linen changed once in 12 days the towel changed if you complained at the reception to be told you don,t get clean towels if you are self catering no toilet paper we had to buy our own it was like going back 30 years the place is run by Russians they have no standards please look in to the place before deciding to go."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2016

not for family

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I went there with a group of lads on a golfing holiday, and so we were not overly fussy about the accomodation as it is only a place to get your head down between going out and getting up for golf.Even so the rooms were basic, the kettle was an old whistling type, the fridge was not very clean and as for the bathroom,the tiles were dated the flooring slippy.
We never saw a cleaner, I asked about toilet paper and was told they are not supplied so bought from shop downstairs.
The staff at bistro downstairs were really helpful though"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2012

Just back from Salou and I just had to write to let people know the real story !

Reviewed Tue 29th of May 2012

"I had read all the reviews and was trying not to panic ! We are a family of 2 adults and 4 children (12,10,6,5). We arrived on Wednesday 16th - had to wait an hour for our apartment. Not a bit problem I suppose. We had known about the €110 deposit and had it ready. We got the key (just one key) and up we headed. Very very very dated apartment. I had brought toilet rolls and disinfectant wipes after reading the reviews ! There were 10 white towels in our apartment and not once during our week did anyone come to change the towels, give us clean sheets : nothing ! We were kept going sweeping and washing the floor constantly. As for the BISTRO Bar : the food is nice : the owner AL is not ! Will be going back to Salou but not to Albatros. "

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2012

Very good place to stay

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"Fantastic experience, very very clean apartment with fridge, hot water, cuttlery, pots, wide screen tv with many many channels, clean bath and shower, clean bedding, cupboard for hanging clothes, mop and broom provided, receiption most helpful, reasonably priced resturant and supermarket located on bottom floor next to swimming pool. 5 minutes walk to beach and 10 minute walk downtown to main city center. Would go again :) Bus stop 1 minute walk away "

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2011

fab/brill and gd for your money

Reviewed Thu 14th of July 2011

"we went to the salou on 29th june 2011 and it was brill the apparment was fab and had everything in it the people where great and we can not wait to go bk there family friendly 5 star "

• Travel date: Mon 11th of July 2011

Bistro Bar

Reviewed Thu 5th of May 2011

"We went to check out the apartments with a view to going there later in the year. We spoke to some people who were staying there who all seemed really happy with the accommodation. The location is really good being fairly close to the resort without being right in the middle of it. Have to give a special mention to Kim and Al at the Bistro Bar who made us feel very welcome - great food and reasonably priced drinks I would definitely recommend a visit to the Bistro whether you are staying at the Albatross or not
Frank & Jean Kilmarnock "

• Travel date: Sun 1st of May 2011

So Noisy!

Reviewed Tue 30th of November 2010

"Got to the apartments and found them to be very old fashioned looking although had all the basic needs.
However every night we had VERY noisy neighbours which meant we didn't get to sleep until they decided to go out to the nightclubs. We were then woken again every night when they returned from their night out to sit on their balcony and scream and shout!
A lot of Spanish and French staying in these appratments which meant hardly any socialising.
Wouldn't return to these appartments."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of November 2010

Suprised by Salou

Reviewed Thu 20th of May 2010

"I was stuck in Spain over this last weekend, due to the volcanic ash closing british airports.
Having only ever been on one sunny 'british' holiday I was not expecting much from my unexpected stay in Salou.

However the travel info at reus airport assured me that Salou had lots of good restaurants, cheap pubs and beautiful beaches. He also booked me some very very cheap accomodation, $20 a night for the 3 nights both me and my partner where there for.
I couldn't complain, after all this was an unexpected 3 days pf sunshine!

We arrived at Albatros-very low expectations-to be greeted by the most lovely of staff. who were really helpful, friendly and quite under standing.
our apartment was huge! (yes its dated-the kitchen is in drastic need of a make over). Beds a a bit hard, but for what we paid for, we definately got a very good deal.

Beaches and views are awesome, people were very very friendly, lots of shops to explore. good pubs.
portaventura is a must-one day is enough if it isnt high season. but bars offer tickets away, so watch out for this.

all in all, a cheap, cheerful few days away and if your on a budget and need to stay somewhere cheap-pick albetros (just dont expect the ritz).

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

boaring

Reviewed Wed 28th of October 2009

"these appartments are ok if u like walking there is nothing going on at nights shop only open from 9 till 1 beach not very clean when we went there was a smellof the drains this was also in the room bar was dirty food ok would not like my dog to stay here will not be going back "

• Travel date: Tue 27th of October 2009

surprisinly nice

Reviewed Thu 22nd of October 2009

"we had read reviews on albatross so didnt expect to much, but when we arrived the place was quite nice the appartment wasent massive but was very clean and the veiws were amazing. The bistro bar was very nice do exellent english breakfast and staff very frindly, would recommend a trip to portaventura strict on hight thought and many rides 1.2 and above. salou its self really nice very friendly people would go again"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of October 2009

Not Refurbished - Dated Rooms

Reviewed Tue 13th of October 2009

"We stayed at the Albatross apartments as we were told by Thomsons that this was a refurbished apartment that was rated 3*. If it has ever been refurbished at all it must have been in the 50 or 60's. The kitchen area was small and very dated. There was a fridge but the kitchen didn't have room for it so it was stuck infront of the cupboards and draws. The kettle was a whistling type that you put on the hob (and looked fury inside). The wooden doors leading onto the balcony rattled all night long and and the beds were very uncomfortsble. The bathroom had no windows and smelt very bad. The tiles had been patched in on so many occasions I think I counted over 5 different designs. Some of the apartments are privatley let and at the weekend we heard dogs barking for hours on end. The poolside bar was directly below us. We heard the fun and laughter (and people jumping in the pool) till after 4 in the morning. When we spoke to our rep on the Saturday morning (we arrived Friday afternoon) she said that that we could not move till atleast monday as the booking office in the UK was closed.(I'm sure I booked my holiday originally on a Saturday afternoon though). I was also told that I would have to pay an administration fee. I than asked if we could move rooms but was told this wasn't possible as the staff had no control over the accomodation in the hotel. The room was cleaned once while we were there-the day before we left! After reading other reviews I expect this was because they were checking for damages. Solou it's self was full of british pubs and cafe/bars. If you want to expolre and try something different DO NOT go here. The streets are so packed you cannot move and you are stopped every 10 seconds by someone giving you a flyer or trying to talk you into going somewhere you dont want to go. The beaches are also packed and it costs €4 per lounger and another €6 for a parasol. Then you are hasseled by people wanting to massage you or sell you fruit/drinks. I think I came home more stressed than when I arrived!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of October 2009

Mould!

Reviewed Thu 17th of September 2009

"On arrival at the Albatross we were told we needed to pay a security deposit of 110 euros which our tour operator neglected to tell us. We went to our room (3rd floor) which was very basic but over all relatively clean. We had a twin room (apparently there are no double rooms at this hotel) and the beds were not particularly comfortable. The bathroom was the worst part of the room, the bath had black mould all over it and the plug was so blocked with hair and gunk that it took ages for any water to go down it also smelt of mould in there which wasn't the most pleasant of things to smell! We did make a complaint to our rep and were told someone would have a look at it, however it appears that no one did take a look as it was the same for the duration of our stay. The staff were friendly on reception, am unable to comment on any other staff as we didn't use any hotel facilities. The resort itself is great if you like holidays in the sunshine and don't want to do anything but go to british pubs and bars and eat british food. If you are after a real spanish holiday go to Cambrills or La Pineda which are close to Salou but not in the 'holly jolly' bit! (Beaches are nice though and go on a jeep safari its very worthwhile)!"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of September 2009

Hotels near Albatros Family

Top traveller tips for Albatros Family

• jacki3cupcake by jacki3cupcake

"The brits have taken over! "

• jacki3cupcake by jacki3cupcake

"Cambrills, Jeep safari, La Pineda "

• nksa by nksa

"very friendly people and amazing views everywhere you look would go back "

• nksa by nksa

"sinartras was very nice place to eat but closed till april 10 now so would recommend uncle sams. "

• Heather Mason, Durham by Heather Mason, Durham

"Not a nice place at all unless you are a chav "

• David G by David G

"take toilet rolls, travel kettle and own cups "

• sinshan by sinshan

"not much to do at night with kids "

• jhammocks by jhammocks

"salou town very busy lots of shops "

• jhammocks by jhammocks

"barcelona and portuventura theme park "

Albatros Family is also called