4R Salou Park Resort I

C/ Amposta, 2, 43840 Salou Spain

BEST holiday EVER

"me and my boyfriend both 18 vited the hotel in august 2006 and thought that this hotel is well worth the money it is very clean, the staff are very helful, the pool was gr8, the location was amazing with a bus stop out side that goes to all loacl attractions, the eavening entertainment was fantastic, we didnt try the food but others said it was nice, the drinks where cheep, the airconditioning was good, the security was good, and the cleaning staff where loverly.
we was on the 5th floor an the view was amazing
the only downfall was that the sunloungers where all gone by 5 am but the hotel cant really stop this. Bars and resturants close by where amazing and the beach was gorgeous. can't find a bad point about the hote. thought it was well worth the money and would love to visit again.
if you visit salou i reccoment charlie chaplins bar, rio grande resturant that is just next to the hotel, and le qinta which is down by the beach front."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of January 2007

Not a 4 star but great value for money

Good

"We booked a last minute deal (5 weeks before) to Salou flying from Luton on a half board basis. We paid 215.00 each which we thought was a bit cheap for a week HB including flights and transfers - so we weren't expecting much (especially after a few of the reviews we'd read.

On arrival we were unable to get an ocean view room but the one we got on the 6th floor was fine, good size, very clean and ok bathroom. I would definitley not rate this as a 4star hotel - as no porters etc to help with bags, probs with the TV not turning on (which they fixed the same day), tiny pool and no gym.

Having stayed at the whole range of youth hostels through to 5stars plus I would rate this as mid level 3star. However for what we paid we were more than happy.

Those with families seemed to have a great time as there were activities for the children and adults alike. The evening entertainment was good and varied everynight and the biggest plus for us was the food.

Although a self service buffet, each evening the theme was different with either Brazilian, italian, etc menus. Even for those who go away and don't want to try the local food they had a kids buffet serving burgers, chips, pizza and chicken nuggets each eveing (An embarassing amount of adults spent everynight at this buffet not wanting to try any of the other food)

Lots of people were unhappy that the staff didn't speak much english -all i can say is - how good is your spanish. The reception staff all spoke 4 or 5 languages (including english) fluently. The cleaning and restaurant staff had a limited english vocabulary but to be honest what do you expect - if you speak another language fluently would you be cleaning rooms for minimum wage???

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again but that has more to do with Salou as a destination than the hotel itself (Think Blackpool in the sun) but compared to a lot of the other hotels in the area I think we chose the best one.

Going again we'd choose Cambrils (lovely fishing village just down the road) or Tarragona (larger town about 20 mins away by bus."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

Lovely Hotel

Good

"Just back from the Salou Park and can say that if I was going to Salou again I would stay here.Stayed in an ocean view room at a supplement of 7euros per night.It is within walking distance of the front ,which is lovely.We actually walked all the way along the front to Cambrils which is 9km away.The beach is very good.Overall a nice place to stay."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Very Good

Good

"Went to this hotel last year and obviously was very impressed as we returned this year. 3 adults and 2 children. The hotel is in an excellent location. Rooms are adequate enough. This year we booked a sea view and had to pay extra but we got a good deal with the hotel anyway. The food was always well varied with a carved joint of meat every night if you didn't like anything else. Always plenty of fish but even by two kids aged 8 and 6 could always find something they liked. The staff were always very helpful and friendly, especially the receptionists who always made a fuss of the kids, didn't use the entertainment at the hotel much but we were on balcony on polynesian night and the dancers did their fire thing right below, it was excellent. Themed nights in the restaurants were also very good."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of October 2006

Crap Food

"We just got back (22nd sept 06) from staying in The Salou Park Hotel,the hotel it's self was ok (nice clean rooms) but the food was 95% catered for the spanish holiday maker's ...we can usually make a decent meal up in any spanish hotel but niether me nor my wife could enjoy a meal and had to eat out on a few occasions...the restaurant staff were very unhelpful and people were having to clear their own tables...they made no attemt to try to be polite at all...the cleaners and the reception staff were very good and the room was nice but thats all the good things i can say about this hotel ...we will definately not be going back to the Salou Park Hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of September 2006

Good Value for Money

Good

"Just returned from Salou Park Hotel stayed in Junior Suite with Sea View lovely large room with lovely corner balcony. Very clean, staff very friendly and speak good English. I would say the majority of people staying in hotel is either German or Russian.

Food buffet style and something for everyone.

This hotel is in the'nicer' part of Salou away from the noise and hundreds of bars although is in easy walking distant if you want it.

Am going to return next year as we love the theme park and is within easy to get there. Land Train stops opposite hotel or bus 3 mins walk and both landtrain and bus stops outside hotel on return from park."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Cant see the 4* Rating

"Although we enjoyed our stay at the Salou park we are still wondering as to its star rating, is it the location ? as we have stayed in lesser rated hotels H10s in particular which have had saunas indoor pools & certainly better food,the fact that even you have to pay for simple luxury as an in room fridge and when this is connected you have only 1plug point available ( in the bathroom)for any recharge of phones/kettle etc,yes no tea/coffee making facilities either,The rooms are well cleaned and linen change reguarly the towels are varied from well worn to OK nothing of any Quality we had an amazing sea vu from the 5th floor could this be the 4*.The pool area has certainly been photo enhanced as it is not as big as it looks on the web site and as usual if you are not fast you are last plentiful supply of sun loungers but no space around the pool to put them, FOOD bland at times but admitedly it had its moments Polynesian night especially FANTASTIC Flavours pity they couldnt keep it up Resteraunt staff require a course being PLEASANT we wittnessed an lone travellar being ordered to SIT by a very dour young woman who obviously enjoyed the control she had over some individuals in general a GOOD hotel that could be a GREAT hotel Pity, I dont think we will return & certainly wouldnt recomend."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

JUst OK!! Would not return

"I travelled to Salou on 1st August with my husband, and two chuildren aged 6 and 10. Rooms were cramped and we had a basement room just next to the main kitchen and the noise was terrible, between the chefs shouting and the clashing of bottles at the skips outside out window. We had no balcony and the room was very cramped, with a small double bed, and two camp beds for the kids.

The main complaint about the room was the air con, which was pointless. When swtiched om it made noise but had little or no effect. TV had only one English speaking news channel BBC world.

Small pool,and although reasonable food, mostly seafood/fish and lack of sauces made the experience very bland. Any meat was very fatty and the chicken was pink.

The pool was small and the staff spoke a little english which meant that we could just about communicate.

Our main regret was that as the hotel does not feature in any \UK/Irish brocheres the guests were of all nationalities and there were about 3 English speaking families when we were there. Usually my kids make friends easy - holiday sorted, but this was not the case due to the language barrier, which meant that they fought with each other and were constantly bored. My son did go the the kids club once-( 3-5pm each day), but wandered back to me at the pool an hour later to tell me that "the girl in charge had left and that the kids were the boss themselves now", which I found was the case. The kids were in the room themselves colouring in and the staff were no where to be seen.

The staff were not overally friendly although they did provide a service, and the rooms were clean, with no insects at all."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of August 2006

Horrific Hotel Salou Park

"Myself, my husband and my three kids aged 4, 2 and 1 stayed at this horrific hotel last month and i still havent got over how bad it was. First of all one of our cases went missing and this was the start of bad things to come. On checking in we were told that we only had a basement room with no balcony and we requested one on booking this hotel beware of this!! We were then told that we would have to pay £150 to upgrade to a balcony room and when i enquired if a cot had been put in the room she told me it would be £60 to hire a cot out. We were £210 down before we even went to our accommodation!! Its not as though this is even a cheap hotel. It rates itself as a four star but i would rate it maybe two. The rooms are cramped and tiny and not at all child friendly, there was glass on top of the bedside cabinets that my kids kept pulling off, my kids were constantly hurting themselves because of the lack of space in the room and the beds themselves were camp beds!! The food ( we went half board) was absolutely disgusting and myself and my husband both had diarrohea and vomiting for two days at one point, i witnessed completely uncooked chicken for kids meals!! the pool is small and cramped, no sunbeds are left every morning as the towels go on at about 5.00 am and then people bog off all day and return to the pool late afternoon which nothing was ever done about, to cap it all off the entertainment is very loud and our kids could not sleep until at least midnight each night which was hell for us and the icing on the cake was my baby girl who is 12 months old got sick the last three days there and when i got her home i took her to hospital as the diarroeha was so bad and they confirmed it was salmonella!!! Dont go here if you want a really bad holiday, the only thing thats good about it is the location which is right next to the beach and nightlife. THE WORST HOLIDAY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE !!!! BEWARE"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Good

"This hotel is well located near the Capellans Beach and close to the centre of Salou. It is situated around the corner from the main strip so is much quieter. The staff were very friendly, their English is great. The food in the restaurant was wonderful with themed nights including Mexican (amazing!), Romantic (mussels and prawns) and Polynesian. The pool area is a good size. You need to get in there early for sunbeds though. Although we turned up a few times and managed to get some loungers. The rooms are quite basic to be honest. No tea/coffee making facilities and the TV only has one British TV channel but they're clean and tidy. Overall, an excellent hotel which is well suited to couples and families alike."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Holliday

"Well we have just got back from a 7 day holiday to the Salou Park Hotel, on arrival the staff were great and nothing to mush trouble , got our safe key , hired a kettle for 20 euro but got that back when we handed it back in on leaving , cant understand some reviews that they had to pay for the fridge as we did not, the rooms were large , as was the bathroom, they were cleaned and linen changed everyday, food was ok but a lot of it was cold , the salads were great and that is what I had most nights, think the bottled water at the tables was dear at 3 euros , never had any trouble getting a sun bed ,and bar staff were ok, My main disappointment was they would not put the air con on , and it was so hot we had to leave the balcony door open during the night , we were on the 6 Th floor so took a chance , I am not blaming the staff as I was told it was management who said when it went on, overall a great holiday,but due to the problem with the air con, may look for another hotel as my wife suffers badly with sweats,"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2016

One Of The Best Hotels In Salou

"Myself and my family stayed here back in September 2010, and plan to visit every year to see the staff. I have no idea why people are slating this hotel, it is a 4 star for a reason. They must have it confused with the worst hotel in Salou... CALIFORNIA GARDENS!!

Salou Park is in a perfect spot! Very close to the beach, close to the centre and only a 10-15 minute walk to Port Aventura (only if you know the route by foot). The rooms are very roomy especially up on the top floor (view of seafront, poolview also view of dragon khan and hurakan condor) have everything you need, hairdryer, safe, mini fridge, clean linen every day. I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel and going back again this year, the only downside was that the pool was always cold but hey if you need to cool down its a bonus.

The food isn't as bad as people say, i'm a fussy eater and i had no problem in eating the food, the deserts were also amazing.

My overall experience:

Staff - 8/10
Cleanliness - 9.5/10"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2012

Hotels near 4R Salou Park Resort I

Stayed at 4R Salou Park Resort I? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for 4R Salou Park Resort I

• Disappointed by Disappointed

"Don't stay at this hotel!! "

• Debradoodle A by Debradoodle A

"plenty of entertainment and restaurants within walking distance "

• David S by David S

"Just make sure before u book that it is delivering all u want, "

4R Salou Park Resort I is also called