4R Playa Park

Calle Vendrell 1-3, 43840 Salou Spain

Pretty good

"My wife, 8 year old stepson and I stayed at the Playa Park
hotel on a bed and breakfast basis during the end/start of
August/September 2007.

We found the room to be a little on the tatty side but maid
service was excellent and room was cleaned to a good
standard every day.
The balcony was fairly spacious and had a nice view overlooking the sea.
The room is equipped with a tv which features 2 or 3 English channels.
As a base to sleep, shower and dress it met our needs.

The breakfast buffet is excellent and we all started the day
very well fed. We stayed for the dinner on one occasion - it
was the Friday special Gala night and again we found the
standard of food very good with lots of choice.

The main pool and pool area was pretty average - but plenty
of sunbeds, tables and chairs. My main criticism of the pool
area is it does not see any sunlight until around lunchtime.
At this stage all of the sunbeds will be full around the
areas that do receive sunlight. Late in the day the whole
area is bathed in sun and at the time of year we went -
still very warm, although I could imagine this being more of
a problem out of season when it is cooler.

The evening entertainment was ok. Bingo for the first hour
followed by the kids mini-disco and an evening show which
varies from night to night. One thing I did find a little
annoying was everything the hosts say was repeated 3 times
in English, Spanish and French - although this is to be
expected when there are a high number of Spanish/French
holiday makers at the hotel.
If you want a more traditional (cheesey) night, check out the entertainment at the Internacional II hotel which is just a 3 minute walk from the Playa Park.
We found the bar staff to be quite rude and the price of drinks is fairly expensive compared to other bars in the area, although there is two 'happy hours' (16:45 - 17:45 and 19:15 - 20:15) where you can buy various house beers/wines/spirits on a buy one get one free basis.
The hotel lifts only hold approx 3 people and at times seemed to have a mind of their own!
The hotels area is good with two lovely nearby beaches and
the main beach a short bus journey away. We had a couple of
meals at the nearby Texas Embassy which was pretty good. On
the whole we all had an excellent holiday and found the
Playa Park to meet all our needs."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Great hotel

"I recommend this hotel who wants to have a relaxing holliday. I went there with my boyfriend and we felt excellent. We choosed a half-board accomodation (room, beakfeast and dinner) and we didn't have to spend any more money on food, because the meal served was enought for us (a looooot of food, well diversified). Plus, every night at the pool the hotel manager staff organized an entertainment show. So ... have a good time! We had."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Brilliant Hotel

"Stayed in hotel for two weeks from 24th July to 7th Aug 2007. The hotel was fantastic. The entertainment for the kids was fantastic and the entertainment staff put in a lot of effort. The food was very nice, we read a lot of reports beforehand about food not been nice and were not looking forward to it but we were extermely happy with the food especially at dinner time. Food at breakfast time was ok but you will always find something to eat. We had kids aged 8 + 14 with us and they always came back with a plate full of food to eat every dinner time. Found the staff very friendly but a few of the head bar staff can be rude at times. The hotel is beside a beach and is 10min walk from main beach, and 1min walk from bus stop to theme park. Would also recommend Murpy's pub for lunch.
Overall i would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

would never visit here again

"my daughter, partner and baby had to wait 7 hours for room, then was told by very rude receptionist we had paid for a room not room we had been given paperwork for.room we had been allocated still had people in,had to keep going to find out what was happening with room then was told we could have that room following day in mean time we could have room on other floor and then would have to move to original room next day.eventually original room was emptied and given to us but 7 hours after arriving and having to keep complaining. then my family booked a trip as a surprise birthday treat, hotel took money and booking next day after waiting 40 min for coach and asking reception three times could they find out what was happening got told not going on trip as it was full up.no apology they said we would have to go another day they could not see why we was upset .trip was for that day as it was my birthday following day would not be my birthday.the receptionist supervisor and another receptionist were the most rudest unhelpful people we has ever come across .spoke eventually to hotel manager he was just as unhelpful. would never return to this hotel again"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

not trustworthy

"Although i found the rooms,food and entertainment for the kids was good, the lack fo security was unacceptable. We arrived on the 21st july 07 shortly after midnight after checking in we went o our room to discover that there was a security box although we had not been offfered one when checked in on discovering this we decided to get one in the morning. Cards with name and room no. where issued and we were told to show these at breakfast and dinner, on arriving at the breakfast hall there was no-one to check these and so we proceeded to have breakfast we never once left our bag unattended but im afraid that did,nt stop the thief that was about to stike whoever it was stole my bag from the back of my chair all my money , camera, and my wee boys spending money was gone. We went o the police station to sit for 2hours before anyone came and then given some forms to fill in, other than that they were not interested. The hotel manager was totally no use whatsoever we had to chase him for 3 days before he would actually speak to us and even then he did,nt seem too bothered. To add insult to injury we where at the pool on friday 3rd aug07 and our rucksack was stolen again the hotel was not interesed. I f family had not sent us money our whole holiday would have been totally ruined and not forgetting some new friends from dunfermline and glasgow helped us enjoy what would have been the worst holiday ever."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

Loved the hotel

Good

"We stayed at the Playa park in July 2006,what a terrific hotel great pool area and very helpful staff.The entertainment in the evening was pretty much the same with the usual Kiddies disco,bingo then a show,you certainly get a bit fed up with the same every evening but in Salou there is always plenty to do in the evening so no need to stay in every night.The rooms we had were cleaned daily with clean linen,food was very much what you expect in a Spanish hotel with the usual variety of Veal,pork ,chicken and its something you either take to or you dont.Always something going on around the pool area during the day to keep those who like a bit of activity,me i prefer the lazy time and the weather certainly did its bit for us with 2 glorious weeks inn July 2006.
Good location with a little beach not far away although be prepared for the stairs on the way back up!!Bus stop outside the hotel which is handy bus to port aventura leaves from just down the road and that is one attraction well worth a visit the water park adjoined to it is also a good day out.The water park in LaPineda is also very good.
Salou also has lots of places to eat out if the hotel food becomes too much,and the beach front and promenade is stunning.No visit ot Salou would of course be complete for any football fan without a visit to the Nou Camp infact my wife also enjoyed the day and she is not a football fan,highlight of the holiday for me was getting a pic with the CL trophy,the dancing fountain's which wqs also part of the day trip was also quite spectacular and this is one excursion i would recommend(and i dont usually do excursions)for anyone going to Salou.
All in all a great holiday at a lovely hotel and anyone thinking of going to this hotel will have a smashing time."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

Loved the Playa Park

Good

"My husband, nephew and my-self are just home from a week at the Playa Park, and all in all I must say it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is immaculate, very clean, with maid service everyday. There was an area for the kids, with games in it, and daily entertainment (quite basic). Being half board, we found the quality and variety of the food excellent, the only thing being that drinks weren't included in the evening meal. However, a large bottle of water (3 glasses) cost only 1.50 euro's. The location was a little out from the resort centre, but within walking distance. Salou as a whole was nice enough, however very disappointed with the entry system in Port Aventura, as it is hectic and disorganised, however it is peak season. Also the water park has a 9 euro charge on the hire of the rubber rings, which many slides need, on top of the entry fee, which I think is unacceptable. All in all the hotel was good, Salou was ok, and generally we all had a good holiday. I would have no problem recommending the Playa Park to anyone considering a visit."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

No too busy, not too quite, Just right for us!!

Good

"Please note: This review is based on the time we travelled which was back in Sept 2005.

Family of three, 2 adults (29&30) and a 14month baby.

Hotel: Clean, very friendly staff, not too busy, not too quite during the day. Entertainment was loud at nights, but that goes for every family hotel with entertainment. Food was above average, enough to try something different everyday. Nothing special though compared to 5 star. Pay for what you get here. 3 star quailty. Reccommended.

Hotel Location: At the top of the hill, personally I liked the location due to the surroundings. Plus we had an execellent view from hotel room. Elderly people may struggle. Plenty of transport outside of hotel though.

Hotel Pool: Clean, not too busy, but water was very cold. Limited sunbathing area due to the trees be
Resort: A must visit resort. Plenty to do for family with kids.

Hotel Facilites: Playground, games room and internet. All enjoyable for kids.

Would definately go back to Playa Park again, we are trying the Calypso this year because we have two pensioners with us.

I can go on and on....... but I wont. Can't think of any bad pointss with the hotel or resort.

Just had a good time!!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Do not go to Salou

"Well, where do I start.
The hotel was lovely with great staff and the rep is very helpful, Salou is a beautiful place, lots of shops and we had great weather but... then all went wrong!
We had our room broken into which isn't uncommon in Salou as there are many other hotels broken into as well. We had a phone, credit cards and mp3 player stolen! Be very careful if you go here but we would never go back to Salou as we were too scared after this to leave our room!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

keep a close eye on your valuables

"stayed here for 1 week in june.Not a bad hotel clean, nice pool area nice size rooms although the air con is not very good. The resturant is not much to shout about there is a very limited choice in food no childrens selection at all, there is chips with every meal including some at breakfast and the food is only ever warm including the drinks in the morning. All in all everything was going fine on our holiday until day 6 when we went to get our money for our day trip to barcelona to discover it had been stolen along with some valuables. The thief had been very clever no sign of any forced entry, they had even put everything back as we had left it so until we came to get money we had not noticed any body had been in our room. The hotel staff where not very helpful said it does not usually happen until summer season. We were left with 3 days of our holiday left with only 3 euros and all the hotel offered was to pay for our taxi to the police station.If you are staying here all I would say is keep all valuables with you at all times."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Lovely hotel in a quiet area

"We visited the Hotel September 2013 and going to go back in 2014 as a base to visit Barcelona.
Location of hotel is in a quiet area on a hill. It is a five minute walk to the main street of shops and cafes and in opposite direction 5 minutes to the beach.
The room was extremely clean and cleaned every day. The staff are very friendly, helpful, polite and hard working. We asked for and extra pillow after our first night which was on our are bed when we got back from popping out in the morning. Lovely bathroom and power shower and towels changed daily.
As my husband is a fussy eater, I was concerned, but there food was absolutely gorgeous. It was buffet style with a main theme for the evening, which was different every night. All food was freshly cooked. The desserts where to die for and the fresh fruit bar was cut up while you dined. Breakfast had everything from cooked, cereal, continental, salad, yogurts and toast, with tea, coffee and juices to help yourself too.
Entertainment in the evening up to 8.00pm was for the kids, but they tried to get adults involved and where quite entertaining. The evening restaurant staff after the dinning area had closed where over helping out.
They say this is a 3 star hotel, maybe, it might not be up market but everything was fresh looking and clean and not warn out and dowdy.
Would recommend it for a base for days out and beaching."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of January 2014

a must for a good holiday

"We ended up at this hotel due to an error but it was the best thing that could have happened. The rooms are very clean and although a bit basic are perfectly fine. The food is excellent and although not always to our taste, there was plenty of choice. The sweets in particular are excellent.

The bar and pool area are immaculate and the service is quick.

The only complaint I would have about the hotel was that the water in the pool was totally freezing. This could be due to the fact that we have been there in september and october.

To sum up, this hotel is a definite find and I would recommend it to anybody."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of March 2011

Hotels near 4R Playa Park

Stayed at 4R Playa Park? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for 4R Playa Park

• kaner by kaner

"Dannyboy, the lunatic anywere along the beach is nice "

• Whippy by Whippy

"Aquapolis is a great day out! Tarragonna is worth a visit too! Bonnavista market on Sundays! "

• amanda cherry by amanda cherry

"Uncle Sams restaurant is a must ! "

• darling family by darling family

"Champions bar have Coco the Clown entertaining kids "

• darling family by darling family

"PortoVentura still didn't see it all "

• ieuandti by ieuandti

"go aquapolis and portoventura "

• ieuandti by ieuandti

"aquapolis and portaventura "

• ndeaco10 by ndeaco10

"We spent around 1200 euro between me and my boyfriend but we did alot of activities in 10 days. "

• ndeaco10 by ndeaco10

"Portaventura,Aqua polis,Barcalona and temple bar "

• joe321 by joe321

"Salou was very busy and there was lots to do and see "

• joe321 by joe321

"We enjoyed PortAventura "

• seantheduck by seantheduck

"Blackpool with sun....very much a resort place. "

• bbchewy by bbchewy

"Good for beach holiday with easy access to Barcelona. "

• Nebski by Nebski

"Don't buy water from the vending machines in the lobby - cheaper in shops nearby! "

• karma by karma

"very hilly you must like walking "

• Karen by Karen

"If you want a reasonably priced beach holiday with no one hasseling you then this is the place! "

• iqaboveyours by iqaboveyours

"Good hotel, clean, good facilities, attentive staff "

• holidaygran by holidaygran

"Above average family hotel "

• kassy68 by kassy68

"would highly recommend the hotel and salou itself to anybody and we shall be back again. "

• Vivienne G by Vivienne G

"Chapplins was a good evening out. "

4R Playa Park is also called