Good
( 1994 reviews)

Stolen bag

Reviewed Tue 24th of May 2016

"Yesterday before departure my bag with all documents, mobile phone, money and rings was stolen from the hotel's lounge room located inside the hotel far away from the entrances. A gang is operating there. One of the gang members was a man in his forties wearing black suit and claiming to be from Egypt. I am not sure whether the gang members are thieves only or they are preparing for something else. This was the last day of this stay otherwise I would leave immediately after discovering this problem as one does not know what could happen next. I could not possibly feel save anymore at this hotel. Neither the company staff nor TUI took any appropriate action. Police was contacted. The bag was not recovered. I believe the gang is still operating there."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of May 2016

Terrible experience.

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2015

"Me and my friend, both 19 years old, saved up for a long time to pay £500 for an all inclusive holiday at the Golden Taurus Park Resort and it was a terrible experience.
On the Friday, we had paid €75 for the Barcelona Day and Night trip, where my friend became seriously ill and sick. The guide for the trip told us we were unable to continue and dropped us off, as two young girls, at the nearest train station in the center of Barcelona. It took us a long time to figure out what train to get, to get to Pineda de Mar, and past that, an hour on the train, to get back to the hotel. My friend spent the rest of the night unable to even keep water down, lying on the bathroom floor, in fear of standing up in case she dropped. We felt straight away it was food poisoning, as I am vegetarian and she isn’t, so we do not eat the same thing and I was fine. The following day we went to the Thomson rep, simply to tell them we wouldn’t be able to go on our next booked trip, Marine land, due to the illness. There, we were told she could fill out an illness report. The rep was rude as he did not want to accept it was the food and appeared to be patronizing, treating us like small children, he also ignored us explaining how we don’t eat the same food and only one of us is ill. He firstly told us it was a bug going around the air vent system, and that other people were coming forward with the same illness. He then suggested it was from the pool, but neither of us had been in the pool and then tried to say we had eaten outside of the hotel, when we hadn’t. Afterwards, we felt it was strange that we would never have been aware of the illness report process if we had never been to tell them about the trip, guests should definitely be made aware of this. On top of this, we couldn’t get any money back from the Barcelona trip, even though we were only on the trip for a small amount of time and had to pay for all the transport back to the hotel. Also, we couldn’t get any refund for the Marine Land trip, even though we informed them 24 hours before the departure time, as the back of the Thomson book states. My friends illness made the both of us paranoid about eating the food we had paid all inclusive to have, leaving us both having toast and a small amount of plain pasta from there each day. The only time we felt okay eating was packets of food from shops outside of the hotel! This illness took 2/3 days out of the holiday and we had only booked for a week, so it really ruined it for the both of us. Towards the end of the week all we heard from others was that they had faced a similar ordeal, having food poisoning and having to miss a few days out of their holiday. We were told by the rep they only had to investigate once they had 10 cases and I think they had a lot more than that, but seemed to not be doing anything about it!
Aside from the illness, as a vegetarian, the options were very poor, even though the hotel boasts it caters for such food preferences. It was always just a few vegetables threw together, with one night the option being just half a grilled tomato!
To add to the problems, our room had ants all over the floor and the counters in the bathroom, which meant you couldn’t possibly keep toothbrushes or such near the sink. Also, the walls were so thin you could hear everything from the other rooms and noise from outside the hotel all throughout the night. We also kept all of our money and important documents on us at all times, which looks like a good thing to do when you read previous reviews of maids stealing from the guests’ rooms! In terms of hotel staff, they were just plain rude and looked like they couldn’t be bothered to deal with whatever you were asking for.
I thought a company like Thomson were trusted, but we will never trust them again. My advice to anyone would be to never book a holiday at this hotel; no one wants to be ill, or have all of these things happen, when you’re meant to be having a relaxing break and then be treated like an fool by the company.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of June 2015

Just can't wait to go back

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Returned yesterday from our fifth stay at the Taurus Park - over the years our party has consisted of over me (over 60), adults varying from 22 to late 4's, toddler and child. Rooms are spacious and clean - more drawers would be good. All rooms now have small fridges so you can buy fruit or baby foods/snacks in the town etc. Dinner is from 1830 to 2130 (if you go to the early sitting it6's buys because children want to go to the mini disco afterwards). There is always someone that will find fault wherever you are however I simply cannot fault the Taurus Park. It's like going home to family - we have yet to see a change in staff (from management to cleaning) - same smiling faces every time. Not all the food is to my liking but they have a childrens buffet plus cater for diabetics/coeliacs with diet specific foods including gluten free pasta/breads and are happy to cook something for a specific diet if asked. Pineda itself is a small working town, Calella is a 15min stroll along the beach. Barcelona an hour by train - amazing place to explore. Blanes - 15mins by train - has 3 different botanical gardens to enjoy. I have put some photos up but not of the hotel (as you can see all them on the website - and the hotel is exactly as the photos show)"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2012

super hotel, shame about the guests

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"we have just returned, 6-10-2012, from the taurus park. the hotel is wonderful, the food is plentiful and well cooked, the staff are the best we have ever had in any hotel, the rooms are a good size and the whole place is kept exceptionally clean. it is in a quiet location, but there is the wally train that runs every half hour to pineda or callela from outside the hotel,and is 1.80 single, 3.00 return, it can also take you to the train station, much cheaper to use than the thomson trips. it takes about 10-15 mins to walk to pineda high street and about 20 mins to callela. the pools, are kept spotless, but are freezing, so beware jumping in !!
having said all that, unless you want to spend your holiday surrounded by "people" who elbow you out of the way if they want something, walk in front of you like you don't exsist and treat you with the utmost contempt i would definitely not go here. the hotel and surrounding area all cater to the french and germans, who think they own the place. i have never met ruder or more arrogant/ignorant people in my life, and i'm no spring chicken.........
i would really love to recommend this hotel to everyone, but i can't because of the guests. if there were an equal number number of brits and them it might not be so bad, but this is an enormous hotel and they were probably 85% of the clientel.
it is a great shame as the hotel and staff are wonderful, they also cater wonderfully for disabled guests as well."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2012

Ok, but wouldn't go again!!

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"We went to Golden Haurus as a Family of 6 Adults and 2 Children, our 1st Dis-Appointment with this hotel was not being able to check in til 1pm?. We had to wait for 3hours hanging around til we could check in. Obviously when you arrive on your holidays all you want to do is get to your room change your clothes and get straight in the sun by the pool and begin your holiday!!
The pools, and hotel itself was really good, it was lovely and clean but the 2nd Dis-appointment was that we had paid a fortune for All-Inclusive to be told at the bar 1 drink = 1 person meaning we couldnt get a drink for our children or another party member, They want to see 4 people if your ordering 4 drinks !! Its ridiculous that everytime people want a drink in your party that you all have to get up and go to the bar, it gets frustrating. There are Set Times For All-Inclusive which we have never experienced before. The bar only serves food between certain times and so children have to be Bought food if they are hungry inbetween these times, also if you enjoy a drink of anything at night-the bar stops serving All-Inclusive at 11pm... The entertainment finishes at 12.30 ish so you either Pay for drinks for 1 and Half Hour or you go without!! At meal times You Do have to queue for your food at no matter what time you go to the restaurant !! The entertainment is pretty good at night we saw 3 really good acts and the kids dancing entertainment is very good. Overal I wouldnt recommend this hotel for good value for money but I would recommend it for the childrens entertainment and cleanliness.

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2011

Waste Of Money

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"We returned from the golden Taurus yesterday. It was the worst holiday we have ever had. The hotel was very clean and the pools were a good size but it was quite ridiculous to expect guests to wait until 1pm to get their room keys.on the morning we left we gave our key card in at 7am,guests that had just arrived were told they must wait until 1pm which they obviously were not happy about, we luckily only waited 2 hours for ours but this is still something we have never had to experience at other hotels.The food is quite bland and if you arrive for your evening meal between 7 to 7.30, you have to wait for upto 15 minutes or more to get in the dining room because of the influx of guests.Again we have never had this problem at other hotels. The room we had was on the second floor overlooking the kitchen and we could constantly hear plates banging and the sound of the animals from the small zoo. The evenings were spent playing cards or pool as the entertainment was dire. The area of pineda de mar was very boring and full of graffiti and rather rough. We went on the small noddy train to Calella but we found it to not be much better. The only highlight of the holiday was a trip to Barcelona which we did by ourselves using the train, as Thomson prices were hefty. We would never return to pineda de mar ever again. "

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

hated it

Reviewed Mon 25th of July 2011

"From the first day i arrived with my husband and 6 year old son i knew it wasnt right especially when we were all inclusive. we went down to lunch after putting our bags in the room and with my husband and son being allergic to mushrooms most dishes had it in all they lived on was pancakes in the morning,chips for dinner and tea. They have a kids club run by the hotel which if u cant speak spanish its a waste of time they did have one through the day run by thompsons which was a good 2 hours for a child but that was it really there is a park at the front of the hotel which is ok if u r spanish as well as the kids started pushing my son out the way. The balconys have glass around them and is not safe at all the room above us was shattered and part of it came down on the 3 of us when we were on the balcony. If you do have small children there is nothing really there for them and if you have any over 12 they will soon gte bored as there is nothing for them to do at all if anybody does go i recommend you book your trips before you go as they are very exspensive its around £100 to go to the waterpark for 2 adults. I have been to better places all inclusive aswell and we had to eat out alot which was pointless going all inclusive especially the price of £1999 for 2 adults and 1 child it cost us a extra £800 to eat out for the 2 weeks hope this helps but i wont ever be there again."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of July 2011

great holiday yet again

Reviewed Tue 7th of June 2011

"We have just returned from teh Taurus Park and would like to say that the hotel is everything a family needs to have a fantastic holiday. The staff in all the areas of the hotel are fantastic especially in the the snack bar and the animation team do a wonderful job working allhours to keep the guests and their children happy. The meals in the hotel were great especially the breakfasts, and the entertainment in the evenings were certainly the best I have seen at a hotel for many years.
I would like to state that we travelled with Siesta by coach to the resort and once again they provided a wonderful service well done to all. I would recomend both Siest Coach Holidays and this hotel both are FANTASTIC "

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2011

Fantastic yet agaiin

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2011

"I have been to taurus park for the past 10years and would reccommend it to everyone i know. the staff are very friendly and helpfull. The animation team are wonderful and always have something for you to do!!! Most of the nighttime entertainment is very good and funny and tend to get guests involved in the performance. if you are an active person there is a wonderful scenic beach bikeride organised by the animation team (this i would advise). i look forward to returning to taurus as soon as possible!
you can make some good friends with the familiar faces that you will see on a return visit wether it be staff or guests. the beach is just over the road and there is 3 shopping sites near: Callela, Pineda and Santa Suzzanna.
Thankyou for another fantastic holiday Taurus!!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of May 2011

hated it!!!

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"I went to this resort in september 2010 hated every minute of it and my son age 4 wanted to come home everyday!!! It took absolutely ages on a warm day to get to the nearest shops and the place was like a ghost town! The food was disgusting we had to eat out all the time, It was interesting how the snack bar in the hotel sold better food than was given in the actual restaurant. On the day before I went home me and my son did a jigsaw and I read 100 pages of a book that says how interesting the place was. The entertainment was awful there was one night that was good which was the polinesian dancing very funny, the animation team were also very good but the thomson team were very poor and unorganised they seemed to laugh with each other the whole way through! I gave 3 points for one reason and that is because of the staff they are very good but would not advise anyone to go to this hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of October 2010

Excellent Holiday

Reviewed Wed 6th of October 2010

"Having returned on the 17th August from our holiday to Golden Taurus Park I am more than keen to book for next year. Every aspect of the holiday was excellent. The pools were large, child friendly and always patrolled by a life guard. The food was great with a wide variety of choice (I am surprised by the bad comments about food and can only assume these people thought they were staying in a 5 star Hilton). The staff were always friendly. The activity programme was packed full of a great assortment of things to do for all ages ensuring you were never bored. The childrens programme was fantastic, my daughter woke up everyday excited to attend Kidz Club-the childrens Thomsons rep's were great and very enthusiastic, the childrens sessions were very secure leaving you no fear for your child's safety.

I will definately return to Golden Taurus Park and woul recommend to all ages but especially Families.

Thank-you Thompsons and all the Hotel Staff for a fantastic holiday-see you next year."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of August 2010

Holiday from h**l.

Reviewed Mon 16th of August 2010

"We stayed at Taurus Park for two weeks July 20th to August 3rd, a party of two adults and a child of 10 years. We have holidayed with Portland/Thomson many times but this place rates as one of the worst accommodations we have used.
Our room was described as a twin accommodating 3 people when in fact it was a very small twin with an extra bed squashed in. It was therefore very cramped.
The Hotel is far too small for the number of people it attempts to cater for and therefore at dinner time you can wait in a queue for up to 30 minutes just to get into the dining room and then wait in more queues to get at the buffet meals. If you think you have been to a Hotel where mealtime resembles a bun-fight, I can assure you you’ve seen nothing until you experience Taurus Park. The quality and cooking of the food was very poor, with what appeared to be the cheapest cuts of meat, which, along with the vegetables was way overcooked. On two evening during our stay there was grilled salmon which was quite reasonable. However, it was soon used up and not replaced. One drink was included with the meal. Unfortunately the red and white wines were undrinkable.
There are 3 main pools of a reasonable size. However, the sun-bed areas around them are quite small and overcrowded with sun-beds, making it difficult to get around. If you object to cigarette smoke you are unable to avoid it as people are forced together like sardines due to the lack of space. All the best comfortable canvas sun-beds are taken up before 6am and we even saw towels being laid out on sun-beds shortly after midnight. The very uncomfortable sun-beds are all taken up by 7am and if you want to make them comfortable you have to pay for a mattress.
There are notices around the pool say it is prohibited to reserve sun-beds but that is pointless as it is not enforced. I complained to Thomson’s head rep and also to the Hotel manager. Both told me they were aware of the problem but it was such a difficult problem that nothing could be done about it. I explained ways they could resolve the problem and told them it was just a lack of will on there part. Following my meeting with them both the lifeguard and another member of staff were instructed to remove towels from any sun-beds which were still unused at 11am. Clearly, not an answer to the problem, but I didn’t want to spend my fortnight challenging staff. There were so many people complaining amongst themselves about the sun-bed situation and how they would never return to the Hotel. I managed to encourage some to complain but many more felt it was pointless.
The Hotel’s own animation team were very good and organised loads of activities. Thomson’s team were very poor, incompetent, kept a low profile and appeared more interested in selling overpriced trips.
The main entertainment room was far too small and the night-time entertainment was the worst we have ever experienced. It would appear the Hotel had looked far and wide to find the cheapest acts they could. Drinks and ice-creams were double the price you pay outside the Hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2010

Hotels near Golden Taurus Aquapark Resort

Top traveller tips for Golden Taurus Aquapark Resort

• oopsydaisie by oopsydaisie

"Fantastic,friendly enjoyable place with great entertainment . "

• oopsydaisie by oopsydaisie

"we travelled all around the island and loved it all "

• teignman by teignman

"great hotel, good food "

• Sara Jayne by Sara Jayne

"Try the Tandemm Cafe, good atmosphere, they make you very welcome and quite cheap. "

• Oonah007 by Oonah007

"Real Spanish Restaurants, and visiting Barcelona. "

• discojen1980 by discojen1980

"Barcelona zoo, Waterworld "

• J N by J N

"a very dated resort with a lot of graffiti and empty buildings "

• J N by J N

"Barcelona is definately worth a visit only 1 hour on the train. "

• j dawson by j dawson

"that it it a great place to go "

• Vegas by Vegas

"Good hotel, nothing more. "

• 12mrsb.x by 12mrsb.x

"Aquapolis water park...Salou....'The waterfront' restaurant. "

• soozles by soozles

"If you're looking for a peaceful holiday this is where to go "

• Beckiee. by Beckiee.

"Look in to this hotel it is worth the money and more "

• Beckiee. by Beckiee.

"The Buccaneer down the road owned by people from Newcastle "

• Jancie by Jancie

"Too risky to go because of bias towards Spanish in case of complaint "

• lizzie by lizzie

"just explor so much to do "

• lilmissclairelou by lilmissclairelou

"Fantastic hotel expecially for children "

• cameroony by cameroony

"Make use of the tourist train which stops right outside the hotel great service into Callela which is better than La Pineada "

• anonymous by anonymous

"surrounding areas are ok and better meals are always available elsewhere "

• Sam, from oldham by Sam, from oldham

"If All-Inclusive and you're going on a trip, Order a Pic-Nic to take with you, we got told about this service too late. "

Golden Taurus Aquapark Resort is also called