Good

Fantastic will defo return next year

Reviewed Thu 25th of July 2013

"Immaculate site, easy living bungalows, plenty room, free air con, everyone friendly, GREAT POOLS, good entertainment, easy reach of other towns eg Cambrils and Salou, bus trip to Barcelona fantastic musical fountains worth seeing.
The whole family enjoyed the 11 night stay, 7yr old son and 2 daughters 11yrs and 13yrs old, met lovely people friends which we will keep in touch with for life.
All reasonably priced both on site and out and about.
Down side was towels down on beds round pool areas! Im not a fan of grass and creepy crawlies!
Not a bad word at all I can say about the park, every day managers/ shirt and tie people were walking round looking at areas and obviously looking at keeping the high standards.
Been back 3 days and looking at booking next year :-)

• Travel date: Thu 25th of July 2013

Absolutley Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 1st of October 2011

"We just returned from a week at Cambrils park and it was fantastic.We stayed in the Villa Bonita and they were excellent,really big,2 rooms, one with a double bed and one with 2 single beds,a bathroom with a walk in shower and sink and then a room with a toilet and sink(really good if someone,s in the shower and you need the toilet)then there is a huge kitchen come living room,the photo,s on the website are exactly what you get.they have a flat screen t.v, but the only english channel is the disney channel but that,s great for the kids!The air conditioning is a god sent and it does,nt cost anything extra.They gave us clean towels and bed linen twice in the week we were there.
The park is beautiful three huge swimming pools one for the small children with slides and another one with bigger slides(no need to pay a fortune for the water park in salou)the other bigger pool is up by the shop bakery and launderette and there is no end to the sun loungers so you don,t have to get up at all hour,s of the morning to get one.the supermarket onsite is good you can get all you need but there is a slightly bigger and cheaper one off site,if you come out of the aloha reception,turn right and go up to the roundabout it,s right in front of you called fresh go.the bar beside it does food and sells cigarettes(you can,t buy them on site)
They have 3 restaurants,we ate in the top one beside the pool and it was lovely,chicken fillet chips and salad for 9:95,BBQ ribs(fab)chips for 8:90,they also have a takeaway at the top pool which does lovely pizza.there is also entertainment every night but we did,nt go to it as we went out most nights for a walk around cambrils
The only complaint i would have is that to get down to cambrils town you have to come out of the bonita reception you turn right go to the end of the road and go left down a small road and over a bridge.that part of the road is very dark in the nights as there is no lights,but in the day it is ok.i would recommend getting a taxi back in the nights it will cost about 8euro which is ok.when you get across the bridge follow the path down and turn left and there is a few bars and restaurants the Mucky Duck is really good they have really good food.
You can get a bus into Salou which has a much bigger variety of shops and restaurants,its only 1euro and takes about 6mins,you can walk along the beach all the way into salou but it,s a fair walk in the sun.You can also hire bikes wheelchairs and mobility scooters in bike cambrils just across the road from the bus stop.we hired a mobility scooter for my dad as he,s recovering from an operation and he found it great to get around.it cost 65euro,worth every penny!
All all i would highly recommend Cambrils Park for anyone with children looking for a great affordable fun packed holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of October 2011

My sister and I,and three children,two a...

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2008

"My sister and I,and three children,two aged 11, one 16 year old, went to Cambrils park for Easter 2005. We stayed in a Haven mobile home. The two reps were great, giving us tips on how to get about and places to go. The staff at the information desk were quite good to, but not as good as the reps. The park is beautiful, lovely pools and good sports facilities.The kids loved it. As other reviewers have said getting down to the beach means walking down a fairly narrow country road, but its not very busy and cars are not traveling very fast,so if you go carefully it's fine. Buses run up and down the main street connecting Cambrils and Salou all day. We never had to wait more than a few minutes. Best of all it only cost 1.20 for five of us one way. The bus to Portaventura was just as cheap,but you need to go to the bus stop at the Princess Maratime to check timetables for this, it just a few minutes walk to the left when you get to the main street. Portaventura is fantastic, well worth the money. We loved Cambrils and Cambrils park so much we went back for Easter 2006. By the way the weather was great, low to mid 20s with only a few light showers."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of September 2008

Stayed for 2 weeks at Cambrils Bungalows...

Reviewed Wed 13th of August 2008

"Stayed for 2 weeks at Cambrils Bungalows with my partner, we're both in our mid twenties. It was a cheap late deal and we thought it looked a bit different!

Accomodation: Great, lots of room, great bathroom and we actually had 2 bedrooms to choose from! Good cooking facilities and pleasant terrace and grass area to sunbathe outside the bungalow. The only complaints were the choice of tv channels (only CNN in English) and we were right next to reception, so not much aof a view!

Site: Great entertainment, fully catered for kids.. although we found it more amusing than entertaining! Good food at the restaurant, pizza takeaway and bar. Swimming pool is fantastic and the in pool bar was a nice touch, always sunbeds available.

Area: Dissapointing, very desolate, a good walk along unpaved, unlit roads and across a railway track to get to the sea front. An hour walk along the prom to get to Cambrils which has a lovely marina and some very good restaurants. Salou is rougher and more "english" seemed to be alot of large groups of rowdy sorts there, so only went the once. Ended up having to get a taxi to Cambrils every day if we wanted to get out of the complex.
Port Aventura Theme Park was fantastic, some really good rides and could really spend the day there - there is also a water park next door which looked just as good.

Weather: First week was great, but the second week was terrible, thunder storms and flooding all week (Which is why we wished there was more tv channels than CNN!!). Cleared up for our last 2 days so we tried to get the train to Barcelona, but the train tracks were flooded. Incedently we asked at reception before we set off to Barcelona whether there would be any problem because of the recent weather, the receptionist was not very helpful at all and just shrugged and said "I don't know". When we got to the train station they told us it had been all over the news that the train lines were flooded!

Tips: Go to the supermarket outside of the complex, turn right when you go out of the main reception, it is alot cheaper than the onsite supermarket with alot more choice.
Get to the bakery on site early in the morning to grab yourself some fantastic bread!

Overall: Would have been a great holiday if it was situated nearer the town and beach. Great for families who will be staying on the complex. Not so good for couples who like to go out for a meal and a walk in the evenings. "

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

We have been to this site 3 times now an...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"We have been to this site 3 times now and every time we have had a lovely time, whether you take your own caravan, stay in a static or a ready built tent. We enjoyed it... This year we stayed in a static van, hoping to book again for next year through Siblu, but sadly Cambrils are no longer having static vans after Sept 08. So We will have to book direct for a cabin. The pools are fantastic for kids, I have 3 boys aged 14, 5 and 4 years and the pools are tailored for all ages. The site through out is maintained to a very high standard, great landscaping... Always loads of gardeners about. Staff are all very friendly and speak very good English. As we stayed in a Static this year we hired a car from the airport and we always stock up on beer and food from one of the hyper markets which is only 5 minutes away. Works out loads cheaper. There is a shop on site which isnt too over priced, take away do lovley pizzas. My 14 year old son was always at the football court and made loads of friends. If you are taking your own touring van you will not be disappointed in the toilet / shower blocks. Even the cleaning staff always go out there way to speak to the little ones. Nice sized pitches with over head shading from the trees. We havent yet found a site as good all round as this. Please take me with you when you go.... and me kids lol."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

This is a fantastic site for families. T...

Reviewed Wed 25th of June 2008

"This is a fantastic site for families. The kids can roam about the site and its so secure you dont have to worry about them getting up to no good. The pool and sports facilities are great too. We were unlucky with the weather as it rained most of the week but the bungalows are well equiped and we found a nice family pub off site just off site over the bridge to aliviate boredom. "Pure Genius Pub" on the main road near the beach kept us sane with the free playstations. Restaurant on site a bit pricey so shop around off site if you want to eat out and you crave English food. Again with supermarket there is a much cheaper one just off site called "PlusFresh" or if you have a car Lidl is just down the road in Cambrils. Ask at reception for directions. Port Aventura theme park is worth the money and the Aquapolis water park is a great day out too. "

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

I have now been to Cambrills park 3 time...

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2008

"I have now been to Cambrills park 3 times, the first time when my children were young and the last time when my youngest was 15. We have had a fantastic time every time we had been there. We took 2 other familys with us the last time we went and even they all loved it and 1 couple have booked it again on their own this year. The small childrens pool with the elephants and slides is fab [I even went down the slide myself] There is a small bar selling beer etc there but the main pool is fab with a swim up bar. The bungalows are spotlessly clean and staff come every day and brush the wood of the bungalows, the air con is a godsend. It is quite basic looking inside but they cater for all your needs, micro, oven and rings, even down to a corkscrew. There is a good sized bbq outside and a good sized wooden garden table and 6 chairs. The staff are really good with the children and daytime activities are good, even keep fit in the pool for adults and children together, the bakery on site is fab and the bread and pastries are to die for. If you want a family holiday this is the place to go, they even have security on site and come midnight or after you have come back from a night out they escort you back to your bungalow which made us feel very safe. I would go back there every year given a choice and would very strongly recommend you go there."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

Me and my husband went for a week got it...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"Me and my husband went for a week got it cheap off the teletext we thought it was a lovely place would definatley go again the weather was great to we touched lucky with it the camp site was lovely to and spottless and as for the bunglows they were very cosy we wish we stayed there for 2 weeks we are looking to go back some time this year we would recomend it to anyone especially people with kids i would give it 9 out of ten"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

Just returned from Cambrils park and ove...

Reviewed Thu 4th of October 2007

"Just returned from Cambrils park and overall had a great time. The site itself is pretty big and there is quite a lot to do. My kids are 6,7 and 8 and although they had a good time they did think the kids club wasn't up to much. And you have to pay for it.

The pools at both ends of the park are great fun though and the sports facilities are fairly good although once again you have to pay for most of them.

The restaurant was good value with good food, as was the bar for snacks. If I have any complaints it would have to be that the site is in between Cambrils and Salou and both are a good half an hour walk, sometimes longer if the kids are fed up. And the road from the site to the beach is an accident waiting to happen.

Also the staff on the site aren't the happiest people I’ve ever met-with the exception of the receptionists and a couple of restaurant staff-but I also thought the Spanish in general were a bit miserable and not very helpful at times. But, overall it was a great holiday, the direct holidays rep (Laura Lee) was great and very helpful and I wouldn't rule out going there again.

So I would recommend it with only a couple of reservations. Oh yes, the bungalows were good too, except for self catering the facilities were a little poor. But as we ate out most of the time it wasn't to worry us. So if you're Cambrils bound, enjoy!!

• Travel date: Thu 4th of October 2007

Great for families with young children

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"We have been here twice now staying in the bungalows and have really enjoyed both visits. We went in September last year when the site was much quieter and went at the end of May/early June this year when there was more going on.
The campsite is very clean, plenty of facilities (shop, internet access, laundrette, restaurant, cafe, two pools, crazy golf, tennis etc). The kids pool is very good. Service at the restaurant is slow but the food is good and very reasonably priced.
It is walking distance to both Salou and Cambrils if you are used to walking or there is a bus service running to both town every 20-30 mins. There are pubs and restaurants within close walking distance.
My one gripe is the walk to the main road, there is no foot path. It is the only thing I would change about this campsite. Like another reviewer we fly Ryanair to Reus and got a taxi to the campsite (about €30). We booked the campsite direct and had a wonderful and reasonably priced holiday."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Hi, I stopped in these bungalows May 07...

Reviewed Sun 19th of August 2007

"Hi, I stopped in these bungalows May 07 till June 07 and its the worst holiday I've ever been on. There was a snake by the pool and lizard in my bedroom, if I was stopping here again I would rather fly back home then stop in these bungalows. My children were scared of the snakes and we paid too much for this holiday 5,600 for 3 children and 2 adults its a rip off and the 2nd week we were stopping there they didn’t cater for English!! Worst holiday ever keep away."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Well I am just back from staying in the...

Reviewed Sun 22nd of July 2007

"Well I am just back from staying in the bungalows for 3 fantastic weeks, we had a great time.

We went with 4 families, all the kids loved it, ranging from the ages of 2yrs to 16years, there is so much to do there for kids there, it’s a kiddies heaven.

The bungalows were lovely, nice and plenty of space in them. The only thing I would like is that they put an English speaking television station in. But apart from that the bungalows were great.

We loved it so much we have booked again for next year and we will stay for 3 weeks.

I would say to anyone who has kids that this place is a dream come true, the kids won’t be bored at all... And that means us adults can sit back and enjoy the holiday too..."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007

Hotels near Cambrils Park Resort

Top traveller tips for Cambrils Park Resort

• Carol O by Carol O

"Don't expect to cook much in bungalow! 4 ring hob and microwave! ( we didn't want to anyway). "

Cambrils Park Resort is also called