We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Sol Timor Apartamentos

Salvador Allende 51, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

Good

A good beachfront hotel

"My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks in August. I found the hotel to be average and a change of decor wouldn't have gone a miss. Nevertheless i decided to put that behind me and enjoy the experience. The staff in the hotel were really nice and the rooms were cleaned every other day. Clean towels were supplied when the room was cleaned and ben linen was changed every fourth day. I couldn't have found fault with the cleaning schedule within the hotel and the cleaning ladies worked tirelessly. The activities for residents in the hotel was quite good with something to do for adults and children alike. The pool area was cleaned daily and kept tidy although make sure to rise early in the morning as the loungers are taken quickly!! Night entertainment was a daily cabaret show which was sometimes funny and sometimes not! The beachfront location of the hotel was excellent with watersports literally on your doorstep. There are plenty of Irish bars in the surrounding area and if you want something more along the lines of a disco the 24hour square is 5minutes away by taxi / 10 minute walk.
We didn't eat in the hotel preferring to venture to various restaurants along the promenade and the marina where there are two really good mexican restaurants!
Overall our stay in Torremolinos was good and very relaxing and would more than likely stay in the Timor Sol again in the near future."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Excellent

"I just wanted to post a review as when I was thinking about where to stay, the reviews on this website really helped us. Myself and my sister in law travelled with my 10 year old son, her 3 year old girl and 1 year old baby. We got a two bedroom apartment and cot. We were on the 6th floor and had fantastic views of the sea from two different balconies.
The location is excellent, the hotel is located right on the beach and the pool area was also great as the kids could run around and play on the huge grass area beside the pool. Baby pool also located away from the main pool which was great. There was plenty to entertain the kids. Kids club catered for the ten year old as well as the three year old. The promenade was lovely in the evenings and the beach restaurants were really good. You are within walking distance of everything and the short transfer to and from the airport was also really handy with the kids in tow. We did try the restaurants off the promenade but they really weren't up to much and were'nt a huge amount cheaper. The quality of food and overall atmosphere and experience seemed much better on the seafront/marina.
Overall a great break with children and the hotel, while basic was clean and had everything we needed. Highly recomend for anyone travelling with kids but also just as suitable for couples. Anyone going to Torremolinos - defo go for a beachfront hotel as when we went for a walk up the town it seemed a bit grotty."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of July 2006

Best Holiday Ever!!!!

"WOW...jus have to write here to everyone thinking of going to The Timor Sol!!! i would defo recommend this place 100%.....we went to the apartments on a family holiday in 2002 and 2005!!.....the apartments have the best activities...darts/ water polo/ football/ table tennis/ tennis!!
the overall location is in close proximity to the beach/ the magnificent marine/ and of course the PUBS AND RESTUARANTS!!HEHE.....
we went to the carvey alot....omg the food!!!! yumy!! and rose and crown too...this is great for breakfast and dinner!! they have karaoke there most evenings!
Also if planning any trips..i would defo recommend Tivioli World!! its not disneyland but is still great crack!! and make sure u visit the haunted house..its animal!!!!!
well overall..........i would it 10 / 10!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

sol timor great for kiddies

"Just back from sol timor , had four teenagers with me .
Hotel was basic but clean and comfortable.
Great for small kids but didn't cater for teenagers or Adults without under tens .
Won't be going back there again.
For great breakfast Fr O Malley's across the road is the place to go , Great food at a great price ."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

Watch your room Keys

"We stayed at the Timor Sol last year ,.It was our fourth time in Torremolinos and our second time at the Timor Sol, and what a dissapointment. Our room was broken in to thanks to the Hotel Staff giving out the spare keys like Sweets. No questions asked, like a name of who was staying in the rooms, or a check in date, they just handed the keys over to whoever would ask. My sister was in the room next door when two girls walked in after getting the keys from reception after saying their aunt was staying in that room. We had been broken in to the previous day. I would definetly go to Torremolinos again But No Way Stay at the Timor Sol.........."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of June 2006

loved the location

"myself my husband and our son went for my birthday and it was the first time we had been to spain.we found the location excellent.the apartments are very basic but clean.
there are lots of cheap restraunts near buy and burger king is just a short hop up the promonade.it is excellent for children as it is safe.tivoli world is a must for young and old alike.i am going back this year and can't wait!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of June 2006

Good Nights Sleep?

"Have just returned from a week s/c break at the Sol Timor - Great hotel, basic apartment but vey clean etc but oh the noise at night. The hotel seems to be a base for very noisy people who have no regard for others. Every night we were treated to banging doors, drunk revellers returning home at 3.00 am ringing doorbells or banging on doors, shouting to be let in. If anyone were travelling with young childeren, they must have been really frightened. I would return to the hotel again just for the amenities and where it is situated but the noise at night would really put me off booking again and that is the only thing that lets this great hotel down. Perhaps the management should take note."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Excellent

"An excellent family holiday. Apartments are basic but clean and the location is ideal. Some fab restaurants on the marina in particular Bobby Peru, which provides a fabulous meal at a very reasonable rate. The staff in the Timor Sol are really fantastic at their job and make a childs holiday something special. Definetely recommend it"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

sol timor, not a nice place to have problems

"We have just arrived home form Sol Timor appartments in Torremolinos, spain and have no hessitation in letting others know of the events of our holiday. On the fourth day of our two week trip our room was entered and our belongings taken from the room. This included my partners wallet, large sum of cash and all bank and credit cards. Well deserved you might say but these were locked in the safe which we rented from the hotel.
When we realised the safe key was missing we requested a copy which had to come from a nearby bank . On opening said safe and discovering what had happened we told the man on reception who replied "Not possible. We dont keep copies here in hotel." He was only interested in the €15 to change the lock on the safe, which we didnt have as all our money and means of getting some were gone. Regardless of whether he believed the money was in our safe or not he was so uninterested in what we were saying he walked awy the returned to ask for €15 again! The hotel didnt contact the police for us, we had to ask staff of a nearby pub for help in reporting the crime(who were amazingly helpful & sympathetic). The facts are simple we left for dinner and were gone for no more then 4hours, when we got back there was no forced entry and the room seemed to be as we left it. Even our rep said that that suggested a member of staff. I'm not accusing the hotel staff in any way of this what i am saying to you is this, The hotel management do not want to listen to your complaints and will dismiss you in the rudest manner as only the spanish can.They are not in the least bit sympahtetic or helpful After this we returned home simply because we couldnt live with the idea of spending anymore time or money in that place. In short beware."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of June 2006

Brill time!

"Have just returned from Torremolinos where my girlfriend and I stayed at the Timor Sol apartments. We really had an excellent stay, very clean apartments, convenient kitchenette facilities, beautiful balcony view, a very positive experience. Very good selection of eateries at close hand which were very reasonably priced, and beautiful walks along the seafront promenade. All in all, a definite thumbs up for Timor Sol and Torremolinos!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Birthday

"Hi i would just like to thank the general manager of Sol Timor for my champagne for my birthday it just made my day so so thoughtful, we have stayed here 3 times now and love everything about it location is excellent and every thing you need on hand, once again thank you we will be back sorry I didn't get to meet you.
Regards Lorna chambers"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of February 2016

EXPENSIVE

"We did not expect to have to pay 2euro each day per person for sunbeds at the pool we thought we had spent enough money booking at the start which we weren't happy about, had to also pay to use the WiFi ! Not suitable for a couple as only have single beds! For the amount we paid for our room it was not worth the money as had no air conditioning. Staff were nice and friendly but wont be going here again next time!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2014

Hotels near Sol Timor Apartamentos

Stayed at Sol Timor Apartamentos? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Timor Apartamentos

• P Hitchcock by P Hitchcock

"rent an air-con unit if staying at the sol timor "

• P Hitchcock by P Hitchcock

"tivoli world,benalmadena port "

• LD D by LD D

"Dpnt go there, stick to Benalmadena side "

• LD D by LD D

"TEX MEX Benalmadena Marina "

• fran52dogs by fran52dogs

"Be prepared to have to pay for basics "

• lizzyj by lizzyj

"take a kettle not one in rooms "

Sol Timor Apartamentos is also called