Sol Principe by Melia

Paseo Colorado 26, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

Good

Kids Club (are you kidding)

"I would like to confirm your Belfast readers "Flinstones Overdose" review.
Myself my husband and the two children found ourselves in the very same situation. We were very shocked to have to pay these 5 day packs for our children considering the total cost of our holiday for the very small spaced apartments was over 3,200.00 Euro!!!!
Don't get me wrong the children had a fabulous time and the very young entertainers were excellent, pleasant and funny but we so often found our youngest child aged six roaming around the pool area whilst supposed to be in the childrens club that we paid for??? So parents please do not think that you can leave the complex for a couple of hours freedom of shopping!!!
Thanks also to Debi and her gorgeous little daughter Courtney for making our stay enjoyable."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of July 2005

Flintstones Overdose!!

"Went to this hotel with my 6 year old daughter. It was very impressive on arrival but all this was about to change with the 'Welcome Meeting' for the kids clubs. Entertainers are told to sell 'packs' which consist of days with inclusive activities for the clubs. This is a climbing wall, trampoline and 1 hour workshop per day (these were all free in previous years). they gave the impression that you could not be in the clubs without these packs, you can- the clubs are free and you can buy seperate tickets for the extras. Unfortunately we did not discover this until we had bought 5 day packs! Don't think you can relax at the pool while the kids are in the clubs, I spent two weeks running after them to make sure my daughter understood the instructions as if you don't speak Spanish you've no chance with their English. The Entertainers were overworked and did their best but the pushy children got everything while the quiet polite ones who did as they were told and queued for things were ignored and forgotten about. The 'Mini Disco' at night was a joke and not worth rushing for as they sang the same 3 songs several times a day for a fortnight! The Adult show was very professional and enjoyable if you are either six or sixty! In all it was a very exhausting holiday and one I will not be repeating. Thanks to Noreen and Peter from Dublin who saved my sanity!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of July 2005

Access at Sol

"My review is more based on access of the sol principe, being a wheelchair user it is one of the few hotels that have disabled access and rooms. However that said the toilets in the hotel, pool area, burger bar were a bit of a joke, they have a disabled loo but it does not have the depth to be able to enter and then close the door, if you are a wheelchair user, which pretty much defeats the object. The one toilet I could use was in the main part of the hotel but to manage that I had to go in back wards, a bit of a palaver but possible.

Aside from that pretty much all the hotel is accessable, the rooms were fine, I had to do some moving around of furniture - but I usually find I have to do that in many places!

I have a four year old daugther and was travelling with a friend who also has children and the facilities for them was fantastic."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2005

Worst Holiday

"I stayed in this resort from the 5th of july-18th july,with my two daughters,brother,sister and their children.The area around the pool was much too cramped and stuffy.the activities for the children in the day and night time were very good although the stay for us adults was horrendous.
for the apartment, the cleaniness was top notch but the balcony was very small.The staff were friendly enough.The place at this time being high season was completeley jammers!
There was a disco for the teenagers at night and underage girls and boys were able to purchase alcoholic beverages at the bar in the disco itself.
I indeed would'nt alow my daughter(15)to go down to it with her friends.
i could go on for hours descirbing the certain events that occured,but my overall view on the Sol Principito Apartments and the resort itself is a 'no-go' area."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2005

A Burger bar

"After returning to the Sol principle three weeks ago myself and a lot more guest were very very dissapointed with the hotel. You no longer have table cloths or napkins but a paper place mat and a paper napkin, O K you can expect that at morning but at Dinner its no better than a Burger Bar, Also the food was cold and the sweet was the same for 10days. Well after 10days of the same dessert and bare tables I myself was glad I wasn't staying for 14days.As I think if you have paid for your meals you should be able to eat them. I have loved the sol but I wont go again. It now has new managment its not Sol. Also things like the computers and vending machines were broke for days at a time, On asking the Manager what had happened to the hotel in six months he said the hotel was only Quater full and that people were leaving Spain for further fieilds, But as I said to him does he wonder why with food um! um! and burger bar napkins, The hotel is very clean and really handy for getting about the Costa del Sol. If I went again it would be to the apartments"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2005

Fab!

"It was my first time abroad, my boyfriend and I stayed in Hotel Sol Principe, and we were VERY IMPRESSED. Excellent room, superb food, helpful staff, with an excellent beach view! I can't wait to go back there next year! Very enjoyable holiday! I'd recommend it to anyone, especially couples and familys with kids!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2005

Fantastico!! Sol Principe!

"Wow ! What a great choice we made for our two week Easter break!
My wife and I and our son (14) shared a comfortable 4 bed room overlooking the pool, the prom the beautiful beach and the Med. We had a double balcony with two sets of tables and chairs and the biggest bathroom ever!! The food was excellent in the buffet style restaraunt, loads of choice for all tastes. The bar area was spacious with some sort of entertainment every night although drink prices were a little steep - we took advantage of the 2-4-1 happy hour between 1730 - 1830!!
All the staff were excellent, polite and helpful, with the bar staff being good fun. At the front of the hotel below the terrace, is a large pool set in lovely landscaped gardens and there were plenty of free sun beds to go round, although in March the pool was 'baltic. This was the place for a quiet read or snooze, in the sheltered quad at the other side of the hotel was the Flintstones themed activity area with two pools and lots of things to do for the under 13's. There is also a decent sized heated indoor pool, which was surprisingly quiet. My wife liked the shopping in Torremolinos, which was only 15 mins walk from the Sol Principe. We will return!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of April 2005

Just Had to go back

"On going again to the Sol Principe we must say it was back to normal< Everything was super and we mean super.The staff, The Hotel, The buses, Etc Etc Very oleased,"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of April 2005

Great place for a family with teenagers and small children

Good

"We visited the Sol Principe hotel in August this year and found it very nice. The rooms are a little cramped for three adults, but we managed, mainly thanks to the huge reception in the hotel, which everone seems to use as a living room. People congregate there to chat, drink, or just watch the world go by. The facilities are second to none, the restaurant, bars, pools and grounds are excellent. Never a probem getting a Sun Bed, which is most unusual, there were plenty for everone. We have a teenage daughter who had a great holiday and made loads of friends at the Teen Club.
The beds were made daily and changed twice during our 14 night stay. The cleaners were very helpful, if a little overworked at times. All the rooms have bath and shower, and air conditoning, which was great."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of September 2004

Relaxing Break

"March 2004.
My wife and I spent a week here on a half board basis. Overall we were very impressed with everything. Food, buffet style, was exellent, plenty of choice and well prepared.
Staff were eager to please. The room was first rate, view of the ocean and a veranda, this applied to most rooms as the Hotel is built on an angle to enable this. Room was serviced four times during our seven day stay.
The hotels location could not be better, right on the sea front and level access. Torremolinos main shopping area is quite a distance to walk and a very steep climb. Taxis are cheap enough and we found this the best option.
Hotel entertainment is varied with several choices. A good hotel to enjoy a relaxed stay, we would go again."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of August 2004

Excellent

"Great location, great staff, good food, faultless, can't see where the negative comments come from. Myself and my husband have been to many four star hotels and this one comes top of the list."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2015

Very clean great family beach hotel

"This hotel is very clean and has plenty of amenities for cuoples and families alike , pools are segregated so you can relax around a quiet child free pool , the hotel is on the beach front and the staff are very friendly and helpful, all public areas are clean and plenty of seating areas , the hotel has lovely gardens and pools , the restaurant serves a good range of food and we never had a bad meal with lovely views out to sea. We had a family seaview room which was well maintained and a very good size with a double bed and 2 single beds with a large bathroom , our room was cleaned every day and clean towels and again immaculate as the rest of the hotel, our balcony was very big and looked out to the beach and sea and in all honesty must have the best location on the coastline in Torremolinos , i have stayed in a few hotels along the sea front in Torremolinos and have to say this the best hotel by far and is very well maintained , if i had to be pickky about anything then the only real comment i can make is that the bed matress could be changed as it dipped a bit in the middle and the some spring were noisy when rolling over , but overall thank you very much for a very enjoyable holiday in a very well maintained hotel Sol Principe and i look forward to returning again ."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of April 2013

Hotels near Sol Principe by Melia

Stayed at Sol Principe by Melia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol Principe by Melia

• dave&val by dave&val

"Clean and relaxing area "

• Lorna G by Lorna G

"Our room was on 10th floor great view and quiet in the main building of the hotel, spotlessly clean "

Sol Principe by Melia is also called