Good
Good

Excellent

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2015

"Great location, great staff, good food, faultless, can't see where the negative comments come from. Myself and my husband have been to many four star hotels and this one comes top of the list."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2015

Very clean great family beach hotel

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"This hotel is very clean and has plenty of amenities for cuoples and families alike , pools are segregated so you can relax around a quiet child free pool , the hotel is on the beach front and the staff are very friendly and helpful, all public areas are clean and plenty of seating areas , the hotel has lovely gardens and pools , the restaurant serves a good range of food and we never had a bad meal with lovely views out to sea. We had a family seaview room which was well maintained and a very good size with a double bed and 2 single beds with a large bathroom , our room was cleaned every day and clean towels and again immaculate as the rest of the hotel, our balcony was very big and looked out to the beach and sea and in all honesty must have the best location on the coastline in Torremolinos , i have stayed in a few hotels along the sea front in Torremolinos and have to say this the best hotel by far and is very well maintained , if i had to be pickky about anything then the only real comment i can make is that the bed matress could be changed as it dipped a bit in the middle and the some spring were noisy when rolling over , but overall thank you very much for a very enjoyable holiday in a very well maintained hotel Sol Principe and i look forward to returning again ."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of April 2013

BEST HOTEL EVER

Reviewed Mon 16th of January 2012

"This is the best hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in. We have stayed every January for 1 week for the past 8 years and have spent a few 2 week summer holidays there. The rooms are perfect , food is first-class and reception and bar staff are very friendly. We have no problem recommending the hotel or appartments to any of our friends"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2012

Good but ok holiday

Reviewed Mon 15th of August 2011

"Just back from a weeks stay at de principe complex costa del sol tormilinas. Good holiday weather fab. Wouldn't go back to the hotel again, mainly coz we paid half board for food breakfast and dinner both which were digesting . We arrived early in the morning at r
11.30am, rooms weren't ready till 2.30pm each time we went up we had to que at least 20minutes or so. Spainish people seemed to have a different que and there rooms we ready straight away for them. Rooms very cramped my ma, da and bro stayed in the same sized room as we and my other sister. We were also miles away from good food restaurants and had to pay for taxi's down and back into the city centre twice a day . Also we booked with falcon are rep was no were to be seen the whole holiday except when we arrived in the airport on the way to our hussy . Entertainment in spainish couldn't understand it, announcements also in spainish . The only gud thing about the holiday was the pool. Give give the hotel a 2 star rating and wouldn't recommend it to anybody ."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2011

Mixed

Reviewed Tue 28th of September 2010

"Just come back after a week in the Sol Principe and I must say I have mixed feelings.
Reception Staff - generally unhelpful to British guests
Other staff - always polite as opposed to friendly
Entertainment - generally good
Room - spotless and good cleaning every day
Restaurant - shambles. Long tailbacks at self service area. Food unimaginative but ok. Tables not cleared so by dessert time your table was full!
Pool area - clean and well laid out
Poolside catering - awful. My partner was told she had to microwave a snack she bought - he did show her where it was!!!

Overall not a hotel for british holiday makers and certainly not worthy of 4 stars. Will not go to a sol hotel again if this is typical. A real end of season feel amongst the staff"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

Loved it !

Reviewed Wed 14th of April 2010

"Me and my family have just got back from a long weekend at the Sol Principe Hotel and we loved evey minute. We were self catering and the apartments were great, everything in there you could think of. Our only down was the bloomin wind ! lol, only coz we wanted to sit on the beach without eating sand ha ha. Already planning my return. Thank you !"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of April 2010

Brilliant Hotel

Reviewed Mon 25th of January 2010

"I have read review after review on various sites and i must say that some don't do this hotel justice. My wife and I decided to still go anyway and see for our selves.

From the moment we arrived and walked into the reception we both thought WOW!!. We were checked in,reasonable quickly and went to our room. The room that we had was of a high standard and very comfortable. We were on the 9th floor and had an amazing view of the sea etc. The room was very clean and was kept to that high standard by the cleaners all week. I would suggest leaving your curtains open, if you plan to be up high as the morning sunrise was stunning to watch whilst laying in bed.

The restaurant was very clean and well staffed, ok it was a Buffett style of restaurant, unusual for a 4 star but highly recommended. You got to choose exactly what and how much you wanted to eat.The food was to a good standard and no different from any other hotel in Spain.
The choice was extensive and varied everyday but they didn't seem to cater for the kids though. Maybe we were too early in the season.The staff were very quick to clear your plates etc and were very professional. The whole restaurant felt very relaxing and clean.

The Pools were very clean, too cold to swim when we stayed but looked great. They also had an outside door at the rear of the hotel which allowed easy and secure access to the beach. The whole hotel and grounds were spotless. The whole area around the Costa Del Sol made the Uk look like a tip!

The surrounding area didn't feel like you were in a holiday resort surrounded by night clubs and drunks. It was beautiful and relaxing. Beach was great and clean. No gangs on corners. Loads to see in the area and only twenty minutes away was the town centre. Use the lift unless you are quite fit but walk back down as there are shops to see. Train/Buses are cheap and clean.

Please remember that to keep this review honest i must also put down the negatives as well. The Waiters, Cleaners, Bar staff were very polite and welcoming but it was the recepion staff that let them down. They were rude, unhelpful and didn't speak English! They were more interested in the Spanish and Italians. We had one complaint about a pass key not workingand found it hard to make them understand anything.When we did we were made to feel like a nuisance. We ended up seeing our tour rep who instantly sorted it, cheers Ruth.

The entertainment was geared for the elderly but to be fair we were probably to early in the year for anything else. However the view to the stage was very limited by huge pillars.

However this has to be one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed at and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others. We are both aged in our forties and we have already rebooked for another stay. We have stayed in Hotels all over the world and would suggest that you give it ago.

• Travel date: Mon 25th of January 2010

Another briliant Sol Hotel! Fantastic fa...

Reviewed Tue 30th of September 2008

"Another briliant Sol Hotel! Fantastic facilities, very clean rooms, Very clean and attractive pools and reseption area. Very polite and helpful staff.

The hotel restaurant was A+, the amount of food that is available, the choice and quality is superb.

We are 21 and 28 years old and though it was mainly older and non english clients it did not bother us.

If you stay half board and dont mind hights, request a high sea view, the views are brilliant.

Would highly recomment this hotel and we would def. go back."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of September 2008

This is my 3rd time to this Hotel and I...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of August 2008

"This is my 3rd time to this Hotel and I am already trying to book for next year. This year I had my mother 73 years of age and my 2 sons one is 9 years old and the other one is 18 years old. This hotel has every thing for all age groups the entertainment is second to none. We didn't have to leave the hotel in the evenings at all. The food is beautiful and the hotel is so clean it stands out. The new Pools and area around them are brillent with plenty of seating for everyone. I think it says everything when none of us wanted to come home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

very very poor = dirty apartments ie use...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"very very poor = dirty apartments ie used cotton buds under bed which werent ours, even after cleaner been in apartment was still filthy. disorganised childrens clubs with non english speaking staff. food i would not feed a dog too. more security than a nightclub in glasgow. toddler room consists of a shopping trolley and a doll. some staff were really nice others were miserable, no shade whatsover at kiddies pools.

good points: sits at beach and close to airport for quick escape."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

what can i say a great holiday.There is...

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2008

"what can i say a great holiday.There is something for everyone .The choice in the restraunt is gr8 as thr is traditional meals and sumthing also 4 the itialian lover i,e pizza bar.The hotel is big as it is in a complex 2 great size pools and an indoor pool.Been with family over the past 4 years then last year for my first holiday away.The pricipe would be good for any age as an 18 year old the disco is good especially wen u meet lots of ppl is a good laff its opneed till 4am also the 24 hour square is not long away.And for older people there is the pionao bar and dancing and also nightly shows which seem to be enjoyed .For familys thrs kids clubs and loads of activitires by the pool each day for adults and children which include bolwls and water arobics .both the appartments and hotel is good after stayin in both i prerfer the hotel as the rooms are nice and the sea view is luvly but each to thr own.there is lots of shops restraunts and bars around i recommend maloys the royal oak or jesters 4 lunch and the kwiki 4 dinner.miad service is brill rooms are always cleaned and fresh towlels eveyday. san miguel street not far away gr8 for shopping although thr is alot of stairs a lift can be taken up or even a taxi from the hotel ids not tht dear.
toviolo world ,the aqua park and the crocodile park is recommended
all in all an amazing holiday recommend it 2 any1
role on year number 6 at the principe !!!!
hope u all have as much fun as weve had over the past 6 years once u go 2 the principe/pricipito u wont go anywer else!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

Me & my husband were only 23 & 24 yrs ol...

Reviewed Sun 27th of April 2008

"Me & my husband were only 23 & 24 yrs old & the hotel had lots of old folk, but that didnt bother us as we had a great laugh with them all.

We booked a late deal here & when we arrived we got our keys to the hotel. I found the conceirge to be very nice & helpful & very appreciative of us. He offered us a choice of been on the VERY TOP FLOOR or to be just a few floors up. I said, we'd take the top floor & he advised us that when we got to the top we would have to carry our cases up a flight of stairs.
That did not bother us at all. When we went into the room I was delighted. It was lovely & spotless & the bathroom had all its toiletries.

The maid came a couple of times that week & when my husband was asleep she'd leave him there and come back later. She was so nice. Its a wonderful hotel to stay at & were going again because it was such a comfortable place.

There is a nightclub & bar and they have a happy hour some nights. Definitly suited to the older crowd but maybe during the summer months it'll be a mix of ages.

A definite +++++ for anyone to stay here....."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of April 2008

Hotels near Sol Principe by Melia

Top traveller tips for Sol Principe by Melia

• dave&val by dave&val

"Clean and relaxing area "

• Lorna G by Lorna G

"Our room was on 10th floor great view and quiet in the main building of the hotel, spotlessly clean "

Sol Principe by Melia is also called