Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia

Salvador Allende, 45, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

Nice little break

Good

"First visit to this hotel with my 4 children aged 18,16, 11 & 9.
Booked direct with Solmelia for 3 nights 31/10 - 3/11. €500
Had 2 rooms which were clean & adequate for the task. Rooms had lounge & bedroom. I used the sofabed. Acivated the fridge by buying 10 bottles of water, Safe was €8. Stayed on HB basis to keep food costs down. Children can be fussy eaters but plenty of choice for them. My boys enjoyed the activities organised by the staff, my youngest won a small bottle of champagne which I made him share!!!! Pool area was clean & we all went swimming. Entertainment was of the usual adequate standard.
If going again with the children would stay at this hotel again.
I am a big fan of Torremolinos & will be returning in 2 weeks to another hotel nearby."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of November 2006

great service!

"We've found the trip at the travel agency website. The Ive found it too expensive in compare to other trips. So, I tried to arrange it on our own and booked the whole trip via the websites which is very clear what we can expected to pay for it. It is save us about £300,-!! in compare with THomson!

When we arrived at the hotel. We had an first floor room which is very small had bad view. Afterward, we asked for a room with better view. It wasnt a complain, cos we were clear that there is nothing wrong with the room, only the view. So, the next day we've got a suite on the highest floor with sea view!! It couldnt be better. They didnt charge any penny extra. Not bad!! In my view the service of the hotel is generally very good. Not only the reception, but the staffs at the canteen and the room service were also excellent!

To be honest, this is a relax and quiet resort which is very child friendly . If you are looking for an adventure and outgoing resort, you are at the wrong place!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006

Hotel good - privately owned apartment poor value.

"(I must point out that the accommodation I refer to is a privately owned apartment within the Sol Aloha Puerto complex and the hotel management have no responsibility for it. The apartment was rented via the ‘Beachline’ website.)

Having previously stayed at the hotel we decided to book a privately owned apartment within the complex for a two week vacation. The booking was completed efficiently (if somewhat impersonally) via the Beachline website. This apartment would appear to be the most expensive to rent from several they own in the area. It is a small air conditioned one bedroom apartment with a very well equipped kitchenette and small shower room. The shower cubicle was antiquated and although there was a constant supply of hot water the shower leaked and we had to do a temporary repair with waterproof tape. There is no bath. Much of the space on the small north facing balcony is taken up with the air conditioning unit, clothes dryer, mop / bucket etc. The outlook is of surrounding buildings although there is a pleasant side sea / pool view. The apartment was clean on our arrival but during our stay there was no maid / cleaning service and towels are not provided. The apartment was equipped with a washing machine and adequate cleaning materials. The small television had no remote control and although a video was supplied it didn’t work. If too many electrical appliances were used at the same time the power failed and we were at the mercy of the hotel maintenance staff to connect it again. This apartment would not be suitable for wheelchair users as door space is quite narrow.
Plus factors are it is close to the beach and the marina. There are lots of restaurants and supermarkets in the immediate vicinity. The complex is quiet at night.
The amount we paid for the use of the apartment was about the same had we stayed half board within the hotel and in hindsight I consider this would have been a better option."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of September 2006

Terrific,terrific and terrific.

"We stayed at this hotel between September 2nd and the 9th 2006 and i can,t find anything bad to say about it. I have thought hard and still can,t thing of any negative reports.
We arrived at the hotel at approx 8.30pm and the staff behind reception were welcoming and very friendly. We had two rooms booked as we were a party of four so i asked for the fridge to be active for our stay and had to pay for ten items(he told us to choose water) which cost approx £10. We then had the safe in the other room which we shared, the price for that i can,t remember but it was not much.
We arrived in the rooms and within minutes the water was delivered and the fridge was filled and worked very well during the stay much better than the usual excuse for some fridges.
We dashed down to the dining hall to get our evening meal and instantly knew we had done well to book the half-board option.
We usually go B&B but had been told by a friend how good the food was so took a chance and it was the best thing we have done for years.
I will give you a quick example of the food on offer,to start with the meat, chicken fried and roast,chops lamb & pork, steak , kebabs,
then in a different section of the dining room they had a chef cutting of meats that had been roasted to go with this they had every vegetable known to man. They have a great selection of fish available but not beihg a lover of fish i didn,t take to much notice of what was on offer although my wife loved the salmon
and also the prawns looked delicious.
There is a lovely salad bar and heaps of fresh fruit also in another part of the dining room is a section for pizzas,pasta and
everything italian and i even found sring rolls. The bread is so fresh and the soup piping hot.
I am usually not one for deserts but as soon as you see whats on offer i could,nt resist, everything on offer even rice pudding if you wanted. One thing i will say if at all your food was a bit cool there is an array of microwaves dotted around for you to use.
All this on our first night, things could only get better and they did.
Breakfast time arrived and there it was bacon, eggs, tomatoes fried bread sometimes even a decent sausage, omellete, toast, cereals, fruit salad with yoghurt, cakes, lovely fresh bread, lashings of coffee or tea and even HP sauce.
I must stop drooling and get to the rooms. It is such a pleasure to have two rooms. The bedroom is en-suite and our living room also had a small kitchen but the other room next door did not have the kitchen it looks as if the management are refurbishing the rooms and are taking out the kitchen area, out on the balcony you have a side sea view. Plenty of hanging space for the clothes but a lack of draws.
The hotel is spotless and bedding changed daily. We never went to any hotel entertainment so no comment, the pool looked o.k. but maybe a lack of beds, but the beach is great and the lovely thick matresses are heaven they charge 8 euros for two beds and brolly.
I could go on and on but i think if you choose this hotel you will be so pleased the promanade is a nice to walk to the tip of Torremolinos but has loads of steps to actually get to the town so we got a taxi costing 7 euros and stopped at San Miguel sreet
and strolled around and i was impressed with the town.
Also its worth a walk around Benaldemena marina which is only afew hundred yards away.
I was impressed with the whole holiday and i will be going back."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Fantastic hotel!

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel August 2006 and had a brilliant holiday. The rooms were extremely spacious with seperate living area - more like an apartment than hotel bed room. The bed linen was changed daily, towels also changed daily and no matter when you left the room even if very late the maids had always been to clean and tidy whenever you arrived back.
The food was buffet style in hotel and plentiful with many choices - also served from 6.30 - 10.30pm which gave plenty of freedom if still at beach late on!
Although the hotel was very busy there was no noise from other rooms or banging doors etc late at night - we had the best sleep ever! This may be due to the fact that it is apartment type and not just a room.............
The hotel staff were helpful, friendly and eager to please. The hotel was populated by a lot of Spanish people which is a compliment itself - who better to know a good hotel than the people themselves! Ideal hotel for a family holiday - the only one very small detail is there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and as an avid 'tea drinker' found this annoying - we were only there a week but if longer would have bought a kettle - so if you're thinking of going and like your tea/coffee take a small travelling kettle with you -
However as we had a brilliant time we will definitely be back!
Wilma and Robert"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of August 2006

Hello Aloha

Good

"We flew down to Torremolinos for a quick weekend break. Booking the hotel up in the Solmelia web site is piece of cake.
Airport to hotel taxi cost E18 and takes less than 20mins.

On arrival we were expected and the formalities were quickly done.

The room was on the 9th floor. I have used some hotel groups that would have said this is suite. We have a separate lounge and bedroom. The room was clean although the furnishings were a little dated and well used.

The sea view is a semi side view but the ocean is easily seen.
The Airconditioning functioned well with different zones for each room.

The bathroom was clean and functional. Although the Loo system need a little maintainance to save water.

The hotel is on a small plot so there is not much room round the pool. I am sure the only way to get a bed would be to get up at 4am and squat there! The pool is large and could do with some care to bring the water up to a crystal clear standard. But then it was packed all day long with a vast number of bodies.

We chose to sit on the beach 100m away and sit on well padded beds at E8 a day for 2 inc umbrella. A far more civilised and quieter option.

The dining room is noisy, to the point of painful. But you only get what you pay for. Breakfasts were good and varied and aimed at the Spanish market for once.

You will enjoy the nightly entertainment if you are under 5 or over 80. Think of the Phoenix Club and Hi di Hi and you will know what I mean. The hotel is vey popular with the Spanish.

We will go back there as location is great. It's good for a cheap weekend not a luxury holiday.

Eat out and use the beach restaurants.Real Spanish food and great fish. The promenade is great for an evening stroll. Go to the Marina 200m away for a little excitement and change of scene.Loads of themed bars, discos and good restaurants.

Torremolinos has had a poor name for years. Dig deep and you will pleasantly surprised.

We travelled independently and arranged everything over the net."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

On the whole not bad but could be improved

"We have just returned from Aloha Puerto - this being our first holiday to Spain so we weren't really sure what to expect. The hotel is very near to Malaga airport and we hired a car which made things easier and was also vey reasonable (£86 for the week + petrol for 5 door Kia Cerrato). First impressions of the hotel were ok but the reception staff weren't over friendly or welcoming. We had a room in Block 3 which is recommended as these are overlooking the sea. The room was a nice size - mini suite really which we've not seen before and it was nice to have the use of a fridge (which you usually need to pay for to have it switched on but ours was already on!). The decor could have been better and desperately needs some attention and the corridors were a bit shabby. We noticed that there were several empty bottles of drink by one of the lifts that were there when we arrived and still there when we left a week later!!
The worst thing was finding a cockroach in the room one evening! Good job my husband was around as I was having hysterics! I wasn't very impressed with this to say the least and we also found one dead one outside the room. When I complained to reception they said they would spray the room but I don't know whether this was done or not. There was no apology or anything.
The breakfast was ample. Plenty of choice.
We didn't find the hotel noisy although some nights you could hear what was going on in the room next door!!
The entertainment was ok in the evening - a different act each night.
On the whole I'd say the hotel was ok - it was only a base for us as we did lots of day trips and only came back at night. The extra room space is a bonus.
I'm not sure if we would return to Aloha again. We would probably do self-catering next time somewhere else along the coast but it would good value esepcially for families. Quite a mix of people staying in the hotel. We were told Torremolinos was a bit like Blackpool but in the end it wasn't that bad!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

Handy, relaxing location, great view

Good

"My family and I recently enjoyed a May break in Costa Del Sol staying at the Sol Aloha Puerto. We got a great deal, booking in January through Xscape with Us and Thomson Flights. The hotel was better than expected as I had read through these reviews and had some concerns. Fab location which greated us the moment we walked into the hotel - there was a clear view right through lobby out the glass doors to the ocean. My husband and I and 2 children under 5 shared one room and my parents another next door (as requested). Our board basis was B&B and we found the breakfast excellent - a very good international choice, and there was something to suit all our tastes. The pancakes were popular at our table and the donuts! We also enjoyed numerous slices of fresh watermelon and juicy pineapple. I ate something different everyday, whilst my husband settled into a toast and fried eggs regime. We tried the buffet dinner one evening, as I will most likely go back on Half Board basis. It also had a wide, excellent choice with something for all. The hotel is ideally located being right on the beach front - no busy roads to cross, although we spent most times by the pool. Ideally the main pool should have a more shallow end for children, however my 5 yr old son very soon gained confidence and spent his holiday jumping in, again and again (with 1 of us supervising of course!). There is a small childrens pool which suits toddlers. There was happy hour at the poolbar each day from 12 - 1 so we enjoyed some drinks. The Puerto Marina is very close and has lovely shops and great restaurants. We enjoyed 2 meals at the Metro restaurant which does delicious garlic bread, authentic pasta dishes, and scrumptious pizzas. Also go to Mannequins, opposite front of Hotel - we had a lovely fresh cooked meal there - my husband said his steak was one of the best he had ever eaten. My mother and father enjoyed grilled sardines for lunch at the beach side fish restaurants just steps from hotel. Nightly entertainment was provided in hotel which was enjoyable and very handy, although an earlier start with minidisco would have been perfect for our little ones, although I am guessing they may provide this in high season.
Overall very good and we will be back. We are checking prices for next year."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of June 2006

Had a nice stay in Hotel Sol Aloha Puerto.

Good

"Last week I stayed in hotel Sol Aloha Puerto. The staff was very friendly. I travelled alone and I felt very comfortable in this place. The beach is nearby which is a great advantage. I came to read to my heart's content, which is not always possible at home. The food they offered was delicious. Could not be better. The room was nice and clean with plenty of towels. There were many guests in the hotel and yet once in my room all was quiet. There were no problems with the elevator and they had a very fast internet connection. I have liked my stay in hotel Sol Aloha Puerto."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Loved It!

Good

"The hotel is about 15 minutes away from Malaga airport and the taxi fare should cost you approximately 20 euros. I personnaly found the hotel very clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are adequate. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant has a vast variety of foods including Champagne. You need to be up early to get a sun lounger by the pool but failing that you are about 1 minute away from the beach where sun loungers are available. A man comes along and asks for 4 euros for the sun lounger but it's well worth it as you have it all day and they are very comfy. There are 3 pools at the hotel and one is very deep, the larger one is for families - still deep in places and it is freezing! There is a baby pool as well. There are a few cats at the front of the hotel but they don't bother you and I couldn't smell cat urine like one review said. There are women on the beach who do braids in your hair. If you have a full head it takes about 6 hours and costs 160 euros so don't request one in the evening! You are surrounded by places to eat and drink on the beach and a man walks between the sun loungers selling refreshments out of a cool box and is slightly cheaper than the bars. There are also people offering massages while you lounge on the beach. They cost between 10 - 20 euros. I had it and it was wonderful. There are also people trying to sell you stuff ranging from toys, jewellery, CD's etc but if you just say no thank you they walk away - they didn't pester us or anything. I am only mentioning things about the beach because it is just below the steps of the Sol Aloha Puerto. I would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of May 2006

each to there own!!!!!!!!

"I came to this hotel last year and am due to go back 2 week tomorrow.
reading some of these reviews don't half make me laugh I had no problems whilst there what so ever well except not staying longer.
people saying no women in the dining area I saw them, no one saying hello well they did to me,
the food had plenty of choice no one I was with was ill off food, drink (alcohol self inflicted) may be lol. Yeah there is not much point going to bed if you want a sun lounger by the pool as you get up and the towels have taken over them but we found it much better renting one on the beach only a few euros but its for the day and come and go to it throughout the day and you get a ticket to show you have payed for the day, far more comfortable as well. Must say tho about the pool even though you cant get a lounger the pool area is very clean.
Anyway the hotel was clean room cleaned daily, friendly staff all round hotel, good choice of food.
very very close to beach, shops etc.
well cant wait to go back in 2 week, the day I was to fly last year I said I would be coming back and and here I am with not long to wait. Al post another review to let all no if its changed.
enjoy your stay if you decide to stay here! "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of September 2013

Nice holidaly

"Just come back had a really nice holiday would defo go again!!
Hotel clean, food for everyone to enjoy, staff friendly and helpfull, room cleaners are nice and friendly.
just a 2 second walk from the hotel to beach and about 5-10 min walk to little shop area.
everything fab on the holiday no complaints what so ever!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2012

Hotels near Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia

Stayed at Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia

• sally L by sally L

"Torremolinos has lots of nightlife and restaurants, and the marina at Benalmadena iyou can walk any "

• winnie the witch by winnie the witch

"avoid the scrambled egg "

Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia is also called