About Sol Don Pablo By Melia

• kids club
  • tv other russia

Enjoyable stay.

Reviewed Mon 29th of December 2014

"This hotel is directly opposite the beautiful beach, but set back and surrounded by gardens.The swimming pool was large and very private. It was very clean, amazing soft beds( I suffer for back problems) The rooms very spacious and in traditional Spanish feel.The food was really good and plenty of choice.The entertainment on a night kept us in rather than going somewhere else.We enjoyed all of it.The staff in the dining room were brilliant,polite, and very clean. The down side would be the staff on reception, we found them grumpy and not very polite.The last few days weren't good as the restaurant couldn't cope with the amount of people as they were coming from the sister hotel too. We felt that the poor staff were over run. "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of December 2014

fab holidays

Reviewed Mon 14th of July 2014

"Just came back from another stay at this wonderful hotel,food great, sunbeds plentiful and the whole place clean and safe.This is our ninth time hear and the hotel just gets better, would recommend this to families, lots to do during the day plus entertainment in the evening.
The lifts can be a bit slow but had no problem with that, taxi rank outside the hotel so no problem getting one.Will be going back next year."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2014

Brilliant hotel in every way

Reviewed Wed 3rd of October 2012

"We stayed in this hotel in May and are so looking forward to returning to it on Sunday 7th October 2012. Everyone was pleasant friendly and helpful. Hotel is really well situated and is beside the beach and the shops which was a plus for me. Rooms were a nice size and were very clean, towels and bedlinen were changed daily or as required, I did miss the tea/coffee making facilities. As we were half board we ate most of our meals in this hotel food was excellent, and on occasions we even got potatoes and usually fresh vegetables etc with our evening meal plus a choice of meat/fish/pork etc etc, salads and breads. I don't have deserts but there were lots of them available plus cheese and biscuits. I only have coffee and toast for breakfast but my husband said the fry was great if a little different to home.

Definitely recommend this hotel -- we love it

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2012

Fantastic hotel, 2 mins walk from beach, 15 min drive from airport.

Reviewed Wed 8th of August 2012

"We booked this hotel as previous reviews were extremely complimentary.

There was my partner (31), my son (6) and myself (29) in our party and we stayed from 28/07/12 - 03/08/12 on a half board basis.

As the hotel was a short drive from the airport we chose not to organise transfers but to opt for a taxi instead. This only cost €20 to the hotel.

We were able to check in on arrival at 13:30, which I think was half an hour before the official 14:00 check on time.

We hired the room safe for €20 which on return of the key on check out, was given €5 back.

We were able to hire beach towels from the hotel for €10 each where we got this deposit back in full once we had returned them. There was the option to get fresh towels for €1 a time.

The lobby area was spectacular and smelled amazing. Marble floors and tapestries dominated the interiors. The room was a good size with two single beds pushed together with a folded kids bed set up for us upon arrival.

The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided if you needed them. A nice touch was the toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shave gel and comb that was provided for guests on arrival.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style with lots of delicious options on offer including freshly made pancakes, pastries, bacon, eggs, sausages, cereal, meats and cheeses.... To name a few. There was fruit juices and coffee on tap and the option to have a glass of champagne also.

At dinner there is a dress code for men which entailed men wearing trousers and a t shirt / shirt with sleeves ( no vests or beach attire) however after noticing a few guests wearing smart shorts, my partner opted for smart shorts also for the rest of the week.

Dinner was of a fantastic standard also with fresh fish options daily, beef, pork and chicken. There was also an Italian section where my son especially liked the freshly baked pizzas, pastas and lasagna. There was a huge selection of salads, breads, cold meats and cheeses. There was a great selection of deserts too which were the main reason my diet has to start on monday! All was buffet style.

There was evening entertainment provided which we only really experienced on the first night as we wanted to venture out in the evening after dinner. The entertainment was good, with a falcon display and a kids disco on stage. The entertainers were also very aware to translate in different languages.

Drinks in the hotel are a bit more expensive than they are on the main strip, but what you'd expect in a hotel. We found that the bar side snack bar also was more expensive (baguette for €8) whereas if you head down towards the mini golf 5 mins outside, you could get a chicken baguette and half beer or soft drink for €4.90 in a wee Spanish restaurant along from the Irish pub (lowreys) -opposite the mini golf. We ended up here most lunch times.

The hotel also provided pool side activities, like aqua aerobics and Zumba in the morning and water polo in the afternoon.

The outdoor pools are manned by lifeguards which was extra piece of mind with a little boy.

The hotel / holiday was amazing and perfect for what we were looking for. No rebellious 18-30s in sight and a good mix of British, Spanish, and German couples and families. The only thing that I would criticise would be that there were a couple of waiters in the restaurant that looked pretty miserable while serving, but managed to perk up around Spanish guests. However this didn't really tarnish the holiday or stay, I would happily recommend to anyone thinking on booking."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

never a 4 star hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"Never would I class this hotel as 4 star, not even 3 star. It needs updating the rooms are dull with poor views and not very clean. The hotel staff are unfriendly. I was told to come back later when I asked for the safe key, as they were to busy then they charged 19 euros and you only get 5 back. On the second day we had a large cockroach in our room we rang reception, they sent the housekeeper up with a can of spray and left us with it. My husband was refused entry into the restaurant as he had tailored shorts, we had to go and buy long trousers as we were half board. Women could wear whatever they liked skimpy shorts beach wear etc. very double standards. The food was quite good with plenty of choice but spoiled by rude staff who were constantly banging and crashing around with plates making a very unpleasent dining experience. Would we go back..........................NEVER"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of July 2010

Sol Don Hotels

Reviewed Fri 20th of March 2009

"There are 3 hotels in this complex it has lovely grounds with fountains, spa's,gym We have stayed in both Don Pablo and Don Marco, the hotels are spotless, the food is lovely with a good variety every day. and soooo much of it, It is just across the road from the beach ,and in walking distance to the town centre The holiday brochures DO NOT do these hotels justice!!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of March 2009

Ripped off New Year

Reviewed Mon 2nd of February 2009

"We booked this hotel in July 08 6 months prior to depature on Half Board,on New Years morning was informed we couldnt have our evening meal unless we paid an extra £120.00each as the Gala Dinner was not included rubbish,there was no other meals that evening, I explained we had booked Half Board and expected our evening meal that we had paid for.We go away usually Spain, for every New Year and have never had to pay any extra it has always been included,They insisted we couldnt have our meal, we spent the whole of NYeve morning trying to sort the matter out This was just Disgusting treatment Totally ruied our holiday what we had left of it.Had this happed in Britain they would have been shut down but then this wouldnt happen here. Travel Republic informed us that they would pay for our meal that evening at a restaurant of our choice which came to a total of £135.00 not bad considering the hotel wanted an Extra £120.00each and now I am fighting to get my money back for the meals,from this company letters,phone calls and more letters phone calls,messing me about I am now reporting them to ABTA so Beware of these companies when booking I would never stay at a Sol hotel again nor would I book with Travel Republic treating me in this way Totally Disgusted"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2009

A very nice hotel, with, in the main, ve...

Reviewed Sun 13th of July 2008

"A very nice hotel, with, in the main, very friendly staff, the only exception being some of the male staff during dinner who need to get a personality and learn how to smile. Excellent food and with a choice of pools - there are also plenty of beds. If, however, someone tells you its adult friendly (meaning no children running amok and making lots of noise at all hours) don't believe a word - the first few days were idyllic with not a unruly child in sight (or sound) but it did not last.....it seemed like thousands of the noisiest kids had won a holiday to this hotel and had decided to see who was the noisiest.
The resort is ok but not the cleanest, I don't think the Spanish know what a Pooper Scooper is.
Bars....we found some British bars which had bingo (arhhhhhhhhhhhh) and quizzes and also British TV so if you are suffering from lack of the soaps. The best ones we found were " The Bus Stop" quizzes Tuesday Thursday and Sunday " The Sun Inn " Monday Wednesday and Friday, To find these turn right from the hotel and walk for about 5 minutes until you come to a roundabout, there is plenty of bars around here with one (McNally's) making the best homemade chips on the Costa del Sol.
You can walk to Benalmadena down the front, it took us about 3 quarters of an hour to get to the marina.
We took a trip to Gibraltar which cost 33 euros which was very enjoyable, but we only got a tour of the rock and missed lots of sights like the caves.
Overall a good holiday but the wrong hotel for us !!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

brillent, near everything, great food an...

Reviewed Sun 25th of May 2008

"brillent, near everything, great food and fantastic staff We are going back again this year. We went there for my sister's wedding and the hotel organised a beutiful day for the large group that went out. Most of the party are heading back there "

• Travel date: Sun 25th of May 2008

An exellent hotel, one of the best my wi...

Reviewed Fri 25th of April 2008

"An exellent hotel, one of the best my wife and I have stayed in. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well furnished. We chose to pay a supplement to have a room on the sunny side of the hotel which was well worth the extra cost.The staff are efficient, helpful and pleasant.

The food is of a high standard with quality fresh fruit and salads, and whilst there is not a great selection of fresh vegetables at dinner, meat, fish and pasta is always varied and plentiful. Breakfast is the usual fare, with lots to choose from, even cava if you are inclined to have a tipple in the morning.

The indoor swimming pool is a good size, was heated and has its own changing room. The bowling greens are well kept and free to use, as is the table tennis and boule. There is also supervised air rifle shooting and archery.

The area is built up but smart and the lovely promenade runs for miles along the coast. Bike hire is available and we recommend the shop by the top of the town lift for the best bikes and value. The proximity to the airport is a bonus and the cheap, clean and efficient local trains are a quick and easy way to get around.

We had a wonderful holiday, and would be pleased return to the Don Pablo

• Travel date: Fri 25th of April 2008

Visited this Hotel in December and certa...

Reviewed Wed 9th of January 2008

"Visited this Hotel in December and certainly no regrets booking it.

Hotel is situated in Banjidillo area of Torremolinos to the west of the centre.

Situated next to the Beach, it is one of three Hotels in a complex other two are Don Pedro and Don Marco but this one is far bigger than other two.

They all share a courtyard which is a pleasant environment.

The Don Pedro and Don Pablo, week I was there were using the Don Pablo restaurant which meant it was always busy but never a problem.

Rooms:
Found rooms to be of a more than acceptable standard, only slight criticism I would make is no light on balcony, but only because as a couple like to have a drink on balcony on an evening.

I would also advise booking the sunny side rooms.

Food:
Food was good usual fare though the sausage served up for those who like a cooked breakfast would not be to British taste.

I also thought that as a 4 star there may have been some show cooking, e.g. someone cooking omelettes, fresh pasta.

Entertainment:
Again usual fare one act on at about 9.30 each night prior to this there was prize bingo or quiz at 9.

Pool Area:
Ample sunbeds two pools plus a indoor pool.

There are two large bowling greens, up to 1 p.m allocated to a club but after that open to public.

You can hire a beach towel for duration of stay for 10 euro, which is returned at end.

It was not clear however and I only found out by word of mouth.

You can exchange money in Hotel but exchange rate is poor.

Getting There:
If travelling independently, it is easy.

1. Taxi direct from Airport was 17 euro
2. You can catch train from Airport to Torremolinos 1.25 euro and then a taxi 7 euro, probably worth paying the extra 6.50 euro.

Location:
It is about a ten minute walk to Torremolinos but if not into walking up steep inclines you can catch a lift cost 50 cent, lift is a 5/10 minute walk away a long beach front.

Hotel was predominately very much the more mature clientele, week but ideally suited me to be frank.

Out and About:
It is a very pleasant stroll along the front but quite long, be warned, plenty of bars and shops though along the way, promenade goes up to Benalmadena.

Torremolinos centre is a vibrant place too and no sign of any lager louts, a reputation it used to have. I believe the council have acted on that problem."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of January 2008

I found the Sol Don Pablo one of the bes...

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2007

"I found the Sol Don Pablo one of the best hotels I have ever been to. The best part was how fun the entertainment staff were. They cater for all range of ages including the mini club to entertainment for my granddad. The only bad point was the pools, don't have slide but not many do.

So over all the rooms were lovely, the cleaners were very friendly. The food was fabulous. The entertainment was out of this world. So I rate this hotel very highly. Thank you for a wonderful holiday!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2007

Hotels near Sol Don Pablo By Melia

Top traveller tips for Sol Don Pablo By Melia

• sunnymoe by sunnymoe

"We went by local train to Malaga then up to Mijas, there are many lovely restaurants along the prom "

• Dianne H by Dianne H

"Don't pack beach towels, hire them instead "

• curlywurly1 by curlywurly1

"Bring a travel kettle, cups and coffee as there are no facilities in the bedrooms "

• Sallyanne A by Sallyanne A

"Beening close to the beach. "

• mamachunks by mamachunks

"The amazing winding paved street that takes you up into the town. Just turn right when you get outside the complex. "

Sol Don Pablo By Melia is also called