Good

very dissapointed

Reviewed 10 months ago

"before we booked to go back to this hotel after spending a week here 2 years ago we booked again to go back with a group of freinds in totoal 17 people. we very rarely look at the reviews because we have never really taken much notice of what other people write anyway. how wrong we where. the sickness bug that we had heard about hit our group like a steam train. out of the 17 of us there in total 12 of us ended up with the dreaded bug. Can we blame the hotel i dont really know but when you see the hoel staff walking around doing a deep clean with masks on it makes me wonder. Will i go back here i think i will read the reviews in future . this hotel is having a revamp end of october maybe this will kill the dreaded bug."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2018

DONT STAY

Reviewed 11 months ago

"If you have a tender stomach DONT stay at this hotel!! Read your reviews first and take them on board! I wish we did. I would rate the whole experience as a 0

Me and my partner arrived last Friday for a short 4 night break (our first short well deserved break without the little one) but wish we never bothered....after being severely delayed by easy jet then arriving at this hotel was a big dissapointment. This hotel is an apparent 4* but I would say a 2/3* it’s very dated which isn’t a problem but when you’ve paid an absolute fortune for just a long weekend stay it’s very dissapointing, my partner was gutted as this is what he’s worked hard for. We’ve stayed at beautiful 4-5* hotels for less money than this place.

So it all started with a constant headache that I couldn’t shift then two days later onto the violent sickness bug where I was bedridden, we had to request and pay to keep our room for our last day. I have never been so ill and experienced such terrible stomach pains. We see others being sick on day one but put it down to eating to late, how wrong was I! The day we was leaving we see all the cleaners clearing up sick and doing a deep clean within the hotel, this to me tell me they have big issues. And yes we did use the hand sanitisers upon arrival of the restaurant but no way is this killing all the germs going around this hotel. I’ve seen stupid comments previously on here about people not using the sanitisers but I got the bug and I used them.

The sun beds are an issues they are old, brake easily and too close together, I don’t have a problem with smokers at all but when your feeling delicate and tender and stuck so close to them it’s horrible and it was constant.

The beaches are beautiful, the surrounding area wasn’t anything to look at. Think you have to pay for the sun beds at the beach.

The hotel food was cooked in so much oil you come out stinking from the restaurant on each visit. I am not being picky but I do like to eat healthy and even the veggies were swimming in greasy oil.

Safes- an additional charge even though you’ve spent a good £1600 with them for four nights!!

Indoor swimming pool out of action, looks like it hasn’t been in use for a while. Never see anyone testing the outdoor swimming pool as we have done on every other holiday. Outside pool is a bit grimey.

I couldn’t tell you much else about the area as we didn’t get to do anything and probably won’t be doing it again.

The only positive out of this is that we didn’t have our little boy with us as I wouldn’t want to see him get this terrible bug.

If you want a bit of luxury with nice drinks, food, don’t stay here."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

Very bad

Reviewed 11 months ago

Indoor swimming pool out of action, looks like it hasn’t been in use for a while. Outside pool was ok bit grimey around the edges, we never see anyone testing the water as we have done in every single hotel we’ve stayed at before.

If you want a bit of luxury with nice drinks, food, don’t stay here."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

this is not 4 star trust me

Reviewed 9 months ago

"terrible hotel as rated 4 star no way.beware of the food bugs don't let people tell you its because you have not used the sanitiser, we did always,and why is there a sanitser and they tell you to use it,all 4 of us fell ill after 4 days.decor is dated,if you want sleep try to get in the end one.not enough staff to keep it clean not there fault they are stretched and work hard.avoid"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2018

No first aiders

Reviewed Tue 13th of December 2016

"Lovely food and food staff. My daughter trapped her finger in the balcony doors no stoppers on it. Went to reception asked for a first aided not available even tried the swimming pool at the fest they offered me paracetamol and a bandage . Went down later for the paracetamol to be told they only had one . Later in the week went to the pharmacy and then went down to get some scissors a lady whom o assumed was the area manager asked what had happened and then told her it can't be broken it's not black , she helped me bandages it . We got bk to leads and had it checked fractured in two places . Have emailed misplayed not ever an acknowledgment , Sunshine has also been trying to contact them still no reply . My daughter cannot use this finger and has had to stop her hairdressing course . Eight weeks and still no reply totally disgusted "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of December 2016

don't stay here

Reviewed Tue 8th of November 2016

"Close to the beach. Not 4 star, apart from reception this place is shabby. The food is adequate at best, not appetizing or tempting. the pool area is again at best adequate, needs a full refurbishment. The place is riddled with a bug. All 5 of my party were violently sick when we stayed here in September. My 3-year-old had to be given anti vomiting injection in the night. The manager didn't care less. We moved hotels at our own expense.
AVOID THIS DUMP!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2016

dont go

Reviewed Tue 27th of September 2016

"This hotel looks nice on the outside, yet 4 days into my holiday I got a terrible bug (as did many people on trip adviser) I ended up in hospital for 4 days. do not go, and call the doctor if yo get ill"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of September 2016

excellent

Reviewed Wed 15th of June 2016

"Went there May this year for the first time, place was spotless, food excellent, all these bad reviews please ignore !!! if there is any problems then its down to the people who stay there that don't wash their hands !! there is a sanitize spray machine outside the restaurants for people to use, and half the time they don't ! so any tummy bugs/ diarrhea/sickness is down to the guests !!, the staff on the door to the restaurant ask people to sanitize their hands before entering, but some do slip through !
Staff cleared tables quickly and changed table clothes and put fresh cutlery down ready for the next guest ,I would highly recommend it there we were there for the week and had a fabulous time and will definitely be going again , just hope the weather will be better next time as it rained for 5 out of our 7 days there.
Great staff, friendly people, great entertainment "

• Travel date: Tue 14th of June 2016

Travel republic are telling clients that this hotel has quality issues and moving guests

Reviewed Mon 21st of December 2015

"This hotel is fantastic but travel republic has said that they have had to move my family and i to a different hotel over Christmas due to quality issues. We are now having to spend Christmas in a different hotel after having a lovely time at this hotel last Christmas. We did not want to change hotels as the Marconfort Beach Hotel is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is really good. Please be aware that if you book through travel republic that they are likely to move you without warning to a different hotel. They cancelled our hotel in June and didn't tell us until 16th November and we had paid. Think twice before using this holiday company"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2015

Spot on

Reviewed Fri 19th of December 2014

" Stayed there 7th Dec. til the 12th the place was faultless food was great we will be back superb hotel we will be recommending this fantastic hotel to all our friends and family"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of December 2014

Brilliant family hotel

Reviewed Mon 8th of September 2014

"We took our 11 year old granddaughter for 2 weeks. The staff, were polite and friendly always with a ready smile. It made you really feel welcome. The food was average to good. The entertainment was first rate with professional acts every night. Lots of competitions for the children, mini disco or parrots or birds with bingo in between. The toilets had signs reminding people to wash their hand a anti bacterial spray requesting people to use as well as the door to the restaurant.
We all really enjoyed the holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2014

outstanding Hotel

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"Thinking of going here, 'GO' My Wife & I stayed here March this year for 12 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The facilities 'food ' And Staff exemplary, The reviews that criticize ignore, the poor delicate people should stay at home. In the twelve days we stayed never EVER heard any complaints, in fact we engaged in conversation with loads of regular stayers at this hotel who return year after year with stays of up to a month. We travel up to five times a year, and next year will definitely return' the restaurant one of the best we have seen on holiday, definitely on a par with the Polynesia Hotel in Benalmadena ,People with delicate tummy stay at home, or bring sandwiches. This hotel definitely worth its Four Stars. Go and have a great stay. "

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2014

Hotels near Marconfort Costa del Sol

Top traveller tips for Marconfort Costa del Sol

• "day trips,beach ,hotel,shopping "

• babymonkeysrock by babymonkeysrock

"The mountains! Get the monorail from tivili world! "

• cluelessjewel by cluelessjewel

"Great walks along the promenade and into the town centre "

• A Frequent Traveller by A Frequent Traveller

"Torremolinos great Hotel Beach Club give it a miss "

• Shane Van Pontefract by Shane Van Pontefract

"Very dated resort not the best on the Costa Del Sol "

• Shane Van Pontefract by Shane Van Pontefract

"The Marina inbetween Torromelinos and Benalmedina "

• jenny455 by jenny455

"WOULDN'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL !!!!!!!!! "

• clarky by clarky

"a great place for a relaxed chill out holiday "

• jeannie by jeannie

"beware the s and d bug!!!!!!!!!! "

• john n pammy by john n pammy

"very enjoyableholiday will be returning next year with all my family "

• diann59 by diann59

"book this hotel you wont be dissapointed "

• Susan by Susan

"its alot cheaper to get the train to the hotel rarther than a taxi. "

• DavidS061 by DavidS061

"Go to the 24 hour square if you want some night life "

• nwh72 by nwh72

"take tummy tablets ;o) "

• girlsweekender by girlsweekender

"pool water very cold "

• Big Buck by Big Buck

"keep all your wallet with you at all times "

• Kathleen P by Kathleen P

"join in the fun and meet the other guests "

• Doug T by Doug T

"do not go to this hotel "

• Louisewilliams79 by Louisewilliams79

"Belamandena is a lovely place to visit with lots to do, and there's lots of English places to eat and drink. "

• John  Cullen by John Cullen

"A good tip by a previous reviewer don't do ice abroad . "

Marconfort Costa del Sol is also called