Marconfort Beach Club Hotel

Calle Hotel Pontinental s/n, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

very dissapointed

Reviewed 3 days ago

"before we booked to go back to this hotel after spending a week here 2 years ago we booked again to go back with a group of freinds in totoal 17 people. we very rarely look at the reviews because we have never really taken much notice of what other people write anyway. how wrong we where. the sickness bug that we had heard about hit our group like a steam train. out of the 17 of us there in total 12 of us ended up with the dreaded bug. Can we blame the hotel i dont really know but when you see the hoel staff walking around doing a deep clean with masks on it makes me wonder. Will i go back here i think i will read the reviews in future . this hotel is having a revamp end of october maybe this will kill the dreaded bug."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2018

DONT STAY

Reviewed 1 month ago

"If you have a tender stomach DONT stay at this hotel!! Read your reviews first and take them on board! I wish we did. I would rate the whole experience as a 0

Me and my partner arrived last Friday for a short 4 night break (our first short well deserved break without the little one) but wish we never bothered....after being severely delayed by easy jet then arriving at this hotel was a big dissapointment. This hotel is an apparent 4* but I would say a 2/3* it’s very dated which isn’t a problem but when you’ve paid an absolute fortune for just a long weekend stay it’s very dissapointing, my partner was gutted as this is what he’s worked hard for. We’ve stayed at beautiful 4-5* hotels for less money than this place.

So it all started with a constant headache that I couldn’t shift then two days later onto the violent sickness bug where I was bedridden, we had to request and pay to keep our room for our last day. I have never been so ill and experienced such terrible stomach pains. We see others being sick on day one but put it down to eating to late, how wrong was I! The day we was leaving we see all the cleaners clearing up sick and doing a deep clean within the hotel, this to me tell me they have big issues. And yes we did use the hand sanitisers upon arrival of the restaurant but no way is this killing all the germs going around this hotel. I’ve seen stupid comments previously on here about people not using the sanitisers but I got the bug and I used them.

The sun beds are an issues they are old, brake easily and too close together, I don’t have a problem with smokers at all but when your feeling delicate and tender and stuck so close to them it’s horrible and it was constant.

The beaches are beautiful, the surrounding area wasn’t anything to look at. Think you have to pay for the sun beds at the beach.

The hotel food was cooked in so much oil you come out stinking from the restaurant on each visit. I am not being picky but I do like to eat healthy and even the veggies were swimming in greasy oil.

Safes- an additional charge even though you’ve spent a good £1600 with them for four nights!!

Indoor swimming pool out of action, looks like it hasn’t been in use for a while. Never see anyone testing the outdoor swimming pool as we have done on every other holiday. Outside pool is a bit grimey.

I couldn’t tell you much else about the area as we didn’t get to do anything and probably won’t be doing it again.

The only positive out of this is that we didn’t have our little boy with us as I wouldn’t want to see him get this terrible bug.

If you want a bit of luxury with nice drinks, food, don’t stay here."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of January 2018

Very bad

Reviewed 1 month ago

Indoor swimming pool out of action, looks like it hasn’t been in use for a while. Outside pool was ok bit grimey around the edges, we never see anyone testing the water as we have done in every single hotel we’ve stayed at before.

If you want a bit of luxury with nice drinks, food, don’t stay here."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

Great Holiday!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"The only downside to this hotel is the food, not that it was bad, just very boring and repetitive! The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was imaculate - hygeine and general cleanliness of very high standard. Would recommend to friends and family - definately worth a visit."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2003

Excellent Family Hotel

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We've just returned from a fortnight here in september and how anyone can criticise this hotel is beyond me!! There's everything you could want for an enjoyable family holiday.......My kids cried on the last day. The Thomson kids reps, Ruth, Sara & Nicola do a superb job, have the patience of saints and the kids love them.........Well Done..!!!!
The Hotel entertainment team, Fernando, Gavin and Lucy make a big effort to keep the kids and adults happy with games during the day and mini disco, bingo and entertainment on a night. The only thing they were short of were willing volunteers for some of the activities especially waterpolo. The Cleaners do a fantastic job keeping the place spotless, the rooms being cleaned daily and the public areas and toilets cleaned regularly (it was common to see the toilets being cleaned every couple of hours between 7am and 12pm). The Food was always hot and plentiful with lots of variety and the Chefs specials were excellent..(tip:..try the Lamb - its superb). Hand wipes were issued to everyone entering the restaurant - however, some ignoramuses chose not to use them! Final thanks to the staff on the Magnum Bar, especially Doni, who worked exhaustively day and night but always managed to smile - and remember your drinks. Overall an excellent holiday and one we'll be repeating in future. Keep up the good work Beach Club. Mark, Wendy, Charlotte (7) & Emily (3)"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2003

!! floor bar need to go on a customer care course or retire.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Stayed at the Beach Club August-weather scorching!Overall disappointed with holiday for amount we paid.Had been recommended by friends who's stayed there b4 but it seems alot has changed since then.Food ok but repetitive most of us were struggling by 2nd week to face it all over again.Weird concoctions on times!Bar staff by pool bar absolutely excellent, worked hard & non-stop but always pleasant & good fun.Old bar men upstairs bar rude & unhelpful.Need to go on a customer care course or retire. Seemed they deliberately made mistakes with your drink order to put you off going back."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2003

fantastic

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Really enjoyed staying at the beach club, the place was really clean, staff were friendly and food was good....... Lots to do through the day for kids and the entertainment at night was great........The pool was fantastic and we always got a sun bed...overall the holiday was great and would deffinatley go back....."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2003

loved it ill be back

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"beachclub is a beautiful,clean place. lots of things to do and very friendly staff. great if you are taking children!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2003

loved

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"My first visit to Costa Del Sol and I loved it, since then I admit I have moved up market to Sol Principe and they cannot compare. The Beach Club was warm inviting and an English Manageress was so good to have.

It is a little bit out of the way asI now know from my recent 4th visit, but bus stop outside helps and now I have the confidence to travel by bus and train for the first this year ( loan parent with 8 yr old daughter) I would say go for it....where the scare came from last year I dont know, it was so clean and as an all inclusive Hotel set the standards, we would go back, if our now desiganated Hotel cannot accomodate us!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2003

fantastic

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"the hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly. There is loads 2 do for kids and adults alike. When we had 2 leave after our 2 weeks holiday the kids were in tears."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2003

fantastic place

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I've just got back and already i am missing the Beach Club. I've read a couple of reviews and was shocked to see that some people were unhappy with the hotel. However, the majority of these reviews were written in 2002, but it is now 2003, therefore i have reason to believe that the hotel has greatly improved.

The food was weird but wonderful. They often had themed mights which included Chinese and Mexican/American food.

The staff (in particular the bar men) were very friendly and helpful, even at times when the queues for drinks etc. were enormous.

The location was perfect and as far as i could see everyone was having the time of their lives, from the children to the elderly."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2003

Wicked!!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"I had a great time!! I think alot more people should go there... But the Sunbeds!! There was none of them for us, I think they should not allow reserve sunbeds. Paco (Barman) was miserable.I only ever saw him smile ONCE!! The staff and workers were GREAT! I reccomend you to go all inclusive, and take full advantage of the drinks and food you can get... :)James,Birmingham, England."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2003

Hotels near Marconfort Beach Club Hotel

Stayed at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Marconfort Beach Club Hotel

• baz by baz

"try to get a end room,if you want sleep but then again maybe not "

• "day trips,beach ,hotel,shopping "

• babymonkeysrock by babymonkeysrock

"The mountains! Get the monorail from tivili world! "

• cluelessjewel by cluelessjewel

"Great walks along the promenade and into the town centre "

• A Frequent Traveller by A Frequent Traveller

"Torremolinos great Hotel Beach Club give it a miss "

• Shane Van Pontefract by Shane Van Pontefract

"Very dated resort not the best on the Costa Del Sol "

• Shane Van Pontefract by Shane Van Pontefract

"The Marina inbetween Torromelinos and Benalmedina "

• jenny455 by jenny455

"WOULDN'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL !!!!!!!!! "

• clarky by clarky

"a great place for a relaxed chill out holiday "

• jeannie by jeannie

"beware the s and d bug!!!!!!!!!! "

• john n pammy by john n pammy

"very enjoyableholiday will be returning next year with all my family "

• diann59 by diann59

"book this hotel you wont be dissapointed "

• Susan by Susan

"its alot cheaper to get the train to the hotel rarther than a taxi. "

• DavidS061 by DavidS061

"Go to the 24 hour square if you want some night life "

• nwh72 by nwh72

"take tummy tablets ;o) "

• girlsweekender by girlsweekender

"pool water very cold "

• Big Buck by Big Buck

"keep all your wallet with you at all times "

• Kathleen P by Kathleen P

"join in the fun and meet the other guests "

• Doug T by Doug T

"do not go to this hotel "

• Louisewilliams79 by Louisewilliams79

"Belamandena is a lovely place to visit with lots to do, and there's lots of English places to eat and drink. "

Marconfort Beach Club Hotel is also called