short break hotel cabello

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"may 2007 myself and 3 girlfriends went to the hotel Cabello for a 2 night short break. We had a really good time hotel quite basic but a great base for shopping.Resteruants nearby very good. I would return for a cheap break ."

• Travel date: 15th July 2007

loved the hotel

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"a brilliant long weekend bar cheap, very clean and resort of la carahuela was brilliant will be back again next year and for years to come i will recommend to anybody enjoy paul q stertford mancheste"

• Travel date: 16th November 2006

Needs updating

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Stayed 10th/11th November 2006. Very basic hotel, but very clean. Good value for money but the bathrooms need urgent updating (1970s shower heads/taps etc). The hotel has a very good location and there is free parking on some of the side streets to the back of the hotel. (if you are lucky to get a space). This is a 1 star hostel, so you get what you pay for."

• Travel date: 14th November 2006

Loved the place

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"This is a small family run hotel in the fishing village 'La Carrihuela' area of Torremolinos. We had a room with an absolutely superb direct sea view. The room had a tv and excellent air conditioning and was spotless. The breakfast was just toast and coffee but for the price I would have been happy with just the room. An absolutely lovely hotel and would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice quite relaxing break in the sun."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Awesomeness all round

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Lovely little hotel: excellent service and rooms cleaned every morning. Great location like a minutes walk from the beach, which incidentally is a lovely (albeit lacking in any hotties lol- everyone seemed to be like 40 years old) beach. 10-20 minute walk to centre of torremolinos, and about the same to benalmedina (where we went every night as it had much better nightlife). Hotel staff v friendly, we would come back at like 5-6 am and they would still be awake and let us into our room- a massive help! (because seriously, nightlife in spain starts around 2am until morning lol) great view from hotel too- and lots of restaurants nearby. only v slight diadvantages: 1) crap view from room but who cares, really? 2) no cars in front of hotel so even though this does mean it is nice and quiet, we also had trouble arranging a taxi on the way back. BUT we were being idiots- all you will have to do is ask the receptionists and they'll sort it for you. very recommended for budget travellers/people looking for nightlife/but dont be put off by this- it is easy to avoid nightlife here too as it was lovely and quiet. we had an awesome holiday! (ps. it was three of us girls, all 17 years old, first holiday on our own and there were no glitches. surely this itself is an advert for the place?)"

• Travel date: 21st September 2006

You Get What You Pay For!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Well situated hotel 10 mins from Malaga Airport, very clean and tidy. Close to the beach and main town. Breakfast was standard. During the night you could hear music from accross the road, so not good if you are a light sleeper!, but if you've had a long day the music should not bother you!. Lovely view from the room to the beach, and you are spoilt for choice as for where to eat as there are loads of restaurants around. Good for shopping as you can pick up a few bargins!! Rooms are situated accross 2 floors and there is no lift, so not advisable to bring a heavy suitcase as you will have to lug it up the stairs on your own! On the whole very pleasant basic central place to stay would definately stay there again (bringing a lighter suit case next time lol)!!"

• Travel date: 1st September 2006

A little gem

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"I always go to Spain at the beginning of June, as I can think of no better way to 'celebrate' ones birthday than to bake on Bajondillo beach, in Torremolinos! This year however, a long planned trip to NYC took precedence, and it looked as though the annual pilgrimage to Torrie was off. But at the last minute I gave in to temptation and booked a cheap flight to Malaga..and then started to look for a VERY cheap no frills hotel. Of course Alpharooms was my first stop, and the hotel Cabello came up. I booked two rooms for the ridiculously cheap price of 35euro per room. I honestly wasn't expecting much for that money, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Other reviews of the hotel have described it accurately in terms of room size, amenities etc, so no point going over that again, except to say that the hotel is immaculately clean, the service is fantastic, and all the staff are incredibly friendly [and didn't mind my appalling attempts at mangling their lovely language!]. What I would like to add is that the location is second to none. I have stayed in Torremolinos each year [sometimes twice a year] for the past 11 years. La Carihuela will be my first choice of destination from now on, and Cabello my first choice of hotel. The whole area is pedestrianised, more or less, and is very quiet, with a beautiful stretch of beach. Torremolinos and Benalmadena are about 10 mins walk in either direction should you want more, but the restaurants along the seafront, and in the village of La Carihuela serve up some of the freshest and loveliest fish I've ever eaten, at very low prices. A typical meal for two, with starters, main, desert and wine came to about 30 euro. The fact that all the restaurants were patronised by Spanish nationals speaks volumes...always a good sign. And tourists and natives mix together very well in this area. The beach itself at La Carihuela is immaculately maintained, [no animals allowed] and is very well served by lots of Chiringuitos, with ample sunbeds, showers etc. If fishing is your thing, a lot of locals and tourists fish off the rocks at the left end of the beach. With plenty of shops selling necessities in the area, along with Chemists, Estancos and newsagents selling national and foreign language newspapers, magazines and books, you are well looked after in that regard. If you are looking for a quiet location, with a fantastic beach, easy access to hundreds of restaurants and bars, then La Carihuela should be on your list. Not as touristy as Torremolinos, but just as accessible. Malaga city is only half hour away by train [or cheap cab] and is a much neglected city tourist wise. Well worth exploring. The hotel Cabello is second to none I've ever stayed in for sheer value, and I will most definitely stay there in the future. What is the point of paying for 'luxury' hotels, when hopefully all you'll be doing in them is sleeping and showering?! A full five stars to both the hotel and the area."

• Travel date: 21st June 2006

Good basic accommodation

Reviewed 16th November 2012

"Just got back from just over a week staying at the Cabello. We have stayed in the resort many times but first time at this hotel. As others have said the rooms are basic but very clean and do include electronic air conditioning as well as a ceiling fan which was well worthwhile having as the weather was very warm. Tea or coffee making facilities would have made a big difference. The view from the room was great - although not all rooms have a sea view - so I would suggest asking for one when you book. The location of the hotel is fantastic - 2 mins if that from the beach. It also has a small cafe bar (very reasonably priced - Champagne Cocktails are very good!) with loads of seats outside where you can watch the world go by. We had a small problem with the cistern in the bathroom - but was fixed very quickly so no cpmplaints on this front. I would agree with the comments regarding noise from other rooms - our neighbours returned to their room at about 4am and we could hear every word they said - almost as if they were in the room with us! Also the cleaners do start fairly early so this creates some noise in the corridors. Overall this is a good basic hotel in a great location - although a week is maybe a bit too long - 5 days at most."

• Travel date: 10th June 2006

never again

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"I don't want to give this hotel too much of a hard time because it does what it says on the tin and for the price you can't complain too much BUT ...... As expected it was basic but clean accommodation. The rooms are cleaned each day. We had a lovely view of the sea. We had the same problems of noise from other rooms and being woken by the bin men. If you're a light sleeper you won't get a lie in here. The room didn't have tea or coffee making facilities and you can't get coffee before 9am. If this is a problem for you take a travel kettle. An incident involving a broken chair spoiled our stay. Having accidentally broken the chair (which was an old piece of furniture to begin with) we explained to the manager what had happened and offered to pay for the damage only to be charged 87 Euros for said chair. I'll leave it to you to decide if you think this is a fair price but it did spoil our time at the hotel and has left me with a poor opinion of the place. This hotel is ideal for a short stay, five days or less but I'd recommend looking elsewhere for anything longer."

• Travel date: 12th May 2006

Good location, basic accommodation - excellent restaurants nearby!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Hotel is well situated in Carihuela, close to the beach, and about halfway between Torremolinos centre and Benalmadena port, both of which you can walk to along the seafront promenade. There can be problems with noise from adjoining rooms and the binmen in the early hours! The hotel itself does not provide any catering, apart from a simple breakfast, but you are spolit for choice for eating places in the surrounding area. It does have the cheapest coffee and brandy though at the bar! Good that the rooms have a ceiling fan, plus separate air-con and room safe free of charge. Take shampoo and hairdryer as only soap provided. All in all, for the price, can have no real complaints; it is a friendly, clean little hotel that I would have no hesitation in returning to."

• Travel date: 20th March 2006