About Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • paid internet
  • kids club
  • paid private parking on site
  • billiards
  • solarium
  • tv channel one russia
  • evening entertainment
  • rooftop pool

Good

In the heart of the action in Torremolinos

Reviewed Mon 30th of March 2015

"Stayed here during the 1st week of July 2014 with my 2 kids and my partner. It's a big hotel in the center of Torremolinos, loads of shops and pubs, restaurants nearby. If you go out the back door everything is there for you. However, it's quite a walk to the beach down many steps. The pool is nice but it's impossible to get a sunbed unless you're in the queue for 8am! Even at that time there's a mad scramble for 'broken sunbeds. The pool area is very cramped. The kids club was enjoyed by my kids, it was open for quite a few hrs each day and the staff in it were very good and friendly. However, the staff on reception were quite abrupt. Our room on 2nd floor, room 222 had a side view of nothing much from the balcony. Food was quite good and varied, all buffet style. The all inclusive was good value for money, but big queues at nights for the drinks after dinner. It's a very busy hotel throughout and all inclusive ends at noon on day of departure. Would I return - probably not...just hated that pool area and the rudeness of the cleaners throughout, even though I speak Spanish. A lot of Brits were there during our stay, so we made some friends....but didn't really feel like we were experiencing the real taste of Spain.......The entertainment staff worked hard but apart from the kids club the entertainment was the worst I'd ever seen in Spain...Bingo with karaoke mid-way, a bird show with ridiculous prices for photos of a parrot with your kids....Don't expect good entertainment.....you will need to make your own!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2015

Lovely Hotel Atrocious Food

Reviewed Thu 26th of February 2015

"The hotel is lovely, very clean and really nice facilities the rooms are very spacious and cleaned every day. Now lets get on to the food it is the worse all inclusive food I have ever come across the boiled potatoes were mush as were the vegetables it was pork or turkey every day also buttered rice every meal we had to wait for clean plates and dishes for the soup on the occasions we did eat there, the restaurant staff were very ignorant.We actually spent £500 after paying for All Inclusive to eat out because the food was that bad and anyone who says otherwise can't have taste buds that work like they should. I would stay at this hotel again but not All Inclusive as the food lets this lovely hotel down. "

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2015

Christmas that did not happen.

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"We have just spent christmas and new year at the Cervantes, we were very dissapointed as christmas day seemed just like any other day. We had a meal for christmas which comprised of some rolled, sliced, type of turkey that seemed like spam meat from a tin,not very nice. We realised later that Spanish do not celebrate christmas day and this hotel, turns out to be very Spanish orientated. As for entertainment that was practically non existent, we had a pianist who played and sang mostly Spanish songs and music 99% of the time, this was only on Friday and Saturday evening and christmas and new year. The meal on new year was slightly better,and the music went on for longer but it was still for the Spanish in mind. The Spanish public would come into the hotel on the evenings of entertainment and take over the dance floor and seating, while we who paid money for our holiday were left feeling we were the intruders. Had i known this i would never have booked this hotel for chritmas, i will be more careful where i stay in future. I have to add our room was very nice and clean, with a nice view. But i was not keen on the food, and it was often not very hot,and very much Spanish once again."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2013

I have just arrived back from a 3 day he...

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2008

"I have just arrived back from a 3 day hen night at The Cervantes hotel and was pleasantly surprised considering the amount of money I paid. The hotel itself is modern, clean and excellently presented. The staff are friendly and the food is varied and enjoyable. The hotel is mainly full of Spanish guests and there are very few English but this was not an issue.

Torremolino's is a fairly quiet area with not much night life but Plaza Sol y Mar in Benalmedina is only a 10 euro cab ride away and as long as you can handle the constant baggering by the club touts, it is well worth the trip.

I have never felt strongly enough to write a review of a hotel but The Cervantes impressed me so much that I felt I should. Thoroughly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

do not be fooled it is not 4*

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"We have just returned following two weeks holiday on half board basis to this hotel. We are usually modest people and we are not fussy although we would like to pay for our comfort as we are getting older .We have traveled all over the world and we would strongly say NO WAY FOR THIS HOTEL TO BE 4* . The only advantage of it its location which is convenient especially for elderly and family with kids as it is in the middle of the centre. We had arrived after 1400 hours following a tiring trip .The first thing we faced was to drag our luggage's up the stairs because there was no facility to help us taking them up to the reception . We expected to be taking to our room but we were asked to wait for an hour till the room was cleaned and ready for us.. We first had given a room on the 7th floor with sea view as we have booked but shortly we found out that the A/C was noise and not working, there was no dressing table which was essential for my wife, no mini fridge which was very essential for me because I am diabetic on insulin. We called back to see the receptionist who said no problem and called one of his staff who came along with us to check the room . He took notes and said he will be back but we did not see him for more than two hours. It was quite hot and we could not take it any more. We rushed to see them and to our more frustration and anger, they have said they have forgottened! No apolgy and nothing. They gave us a second room which was smaller with a big bed although we booked twin beds, supplied us with an old fridge. One of the female staff initially denied any of the rooms having dressing tables which was a lie. So we ended up having a small room with a big bed although we paid for a large one with twins. As we were very tired and spent more than 3 hours arguing we had accepted their second room. The room itself is clean with nice sea view but you can easily hear people from the corridor or other rooms. Sometimes you can wake up at nigh because of shouting or laughing in the corridors The carpets in the corridors are not clean. The receptions' staff are not friendly especially the female ones .They talk to you as if they pay you to stay in the hotel? They have cheated me and charged me 22% commission for exchanging my money on the first day. Food is almost the same every day although good quantities and quick service. Very crowded and it seemed geared towards Spanish people only. We have just come across few British, .however. the locals are really friendly and helpful people .This hotel is definitely not 4* or even 3* and whoever said otherwise they never been to 3 or 4 * before"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

This is not 4tsar!!!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"After seeing this on a website I thought it had a great position 800metres from the beach and having stayed in Torremolinos 6 years ago I thought it would be great for return visit. I wish I had read the reviews on this site first.
Excellent central position and thats it!!! It is 15 minutes walk form the beach, 800 metres as the crow flies yes but I aint a crow. Where do I start, it has a poolside bar which never opened and this was the middle of July. Had to go all the way inside to try and buy a drink from the bar but the staff either ignored you or were nowhere to be seen so we had to walk down the road to get some bottles from the shop then go back to the pool. This kills any holiday good feelings you have beside the pool, sliding down the road covered in sunscreen to buy a drink.
The food is disgusting, well it maybe ok if you like eating 1* gruel. Brown lettuce, hard uncooked chips and cold beans were some of the offerings. One morning at 3am we heard some shouting outside the door only to discover the spaniard opposite had been locked out by his missus. He was shouting and bannging, then at 3.30 the drilling and hammering started as a maintenance man was trying to get into the room as there was no spare key. This went on till 7am during which time every different nationality had been shouting at him too. I complained to reception and he never even apologised. Shocking! His english was so poor he could hardly understand me.
After this experience I shall never visit Spain ever again, we will stick with going to Florida and the States in general. They know how to treat paying customers. If its a 2* hotel they don't try and sell it as a 4*.
Very dissapointed!!!!...."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

A Lovely Hotel

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I have just returned home from the 3 nights in Hotel Cervantes, Torremolinos. I went on a hen weekend with four friends and we were all impressed with the Hotel. The hotel was spotless, maids came every day and staff were generally pleasant. Check in and out was easy as the Reception staff could speak relatively good english.

The pool on the roof is awesome, it is on the 10th floor and is a sun trap with a shaded area should you need it and no kids seem to use this pool, they all seem to use the pool on the ground.

We didnt eat in the hotel as the restaurants were a stones's throw away but i didnt hear anyboidy complain about the food.

If you are looking for a wild week away, Torremolinos is not the place to be, there are only two half decent bars, you need to go to Benalmadena to have a decent night out partying and clubbing but if you are looking for nice meals and bed by 1-2am, Torremolinos is perfect.

Torremolinos has a lovely beach front with lots and lots of shops, it is quite a walk back up to look for the lift, its only 1 Euro.

Hope you enjoy Cervantes as much as we did."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Ok but I'd try somewhere else

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Check in/out

Easy, no problems. Reception staff speak English. Hotel easy to find from the train station.

Hotel Room

This is probably the reason the hotel has been given 4* status. Comfortable king size bed. Coffee table & chairs. Room service if required. We had a large corner balcony with a sea view that we didn’t pay for! The room was cleaned everyday. Air-conditioning was sufficient although sometimes had a cigarette smoky smell. Bathroom was nice with a powerful shower.

Food

We usually stay in 2-3* hotels & I can honestly say that the food (in this supposed 4* hotel) was not a patch on any hotel we have stayed at before.
For breakfast there was only tinned fruit- not fresh & the cooked breakfast even had tinned sausages!!!! It is large hotel & caters for lots of people however there are only a couple of coffee machines that work which results in mega queues.
Evening meals were the same each night – no variety.
The quality of the food was fine.

Facilities

The main swimming pool was nice & was very clean. The pool is in the sun all day & is open from about 10am-10pm. The bar is very near by which was handy!
The ‘gym’ facilities consist of a 1980’s exercise bike & a sit up bench….hmm…
Roof top pool is good if you wish to swim shortish lengths & get away from the busy pool downstairs. There are always free sun beds up there too!!
The entertainment is only on fri-sun & is aimed at the Spanish guests. So not for children. The bar is open every night & the prices are reasonable.

Staff

Very helpful!!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

central location

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed there for 4 nights this June.It has an excellent location-2 minutes from the central square,shops,bars,restaurants etc.There is a lift to the beach just behind the hotel,which makes it very accessible.Our room was clean and had 2 spacious single beds.We had a nice view of the sea and outdoor pool-which looked very clean and well maintained.
I was disappointed with the indoor pool as advertised on websites.It is stiffling hot on the rooftop and the water in the pool is not heated at all.Likewise there are renovations being carried out there at the moment,so the foyet ceiling is completely removed.Not such a pleasant sight-wires and dust everywhere,not to mention workmen as you wait for the very small and slow lifts to appear!!Thankfully this work did not affect us once we were in our rooms.
The food is nice,but as a vegetarian I felt limited-salad and fruit were the only things I could venture near each night.The staff were nice,but had poor english,which I found unusual for a well established tourist resort.
On a positive note-the staff left us keep our room until 6pm,the day we were leaving and charged us nothing,which I must commend and found very useful.
Overall a nice hotel-but not 4 star by any means.its location stands to it."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

Toms Tours 2007

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Great hotel, very clean and rooms and facilities were very good. Was made to be very welcome on our arrival. Location is also good, only a small walk to the restaurants and local bars, and a small taxi ride away to main 24hr square.
Must give a special mention to The El Open Arms International Karaoke Bar which is a 5 minute walk from Hotel. Paul made us all very welcome, Applause applause to him, you lucky people. Atmoshere in there was superb to say the least, packed to the rafters every nite we were there and it was only May.
Would definately go back again."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Definitely only a 3 star hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"The hotel was in a good location. However, this is definitely only a 3 star hotel and at the lower end at that. The main entrance was closed so we had to pull our luggage up a hill to the smaller entrance. We were given a room that had a slight water view. The room was simple but clean. The bathroom was very nice and contained a standard European blow dryer. Our first night there was horrible. The air conditioning was not turned on in the hotel and you couldn't open your balcony doors due to the loud noise level. It was so hot we couldn't sleep. The next morning we went to the front desk to see if they could turn the air conditioning on. They said no. The were helpful and suggested another room that faced the water so we could have a breeze at night. After three different rooms we were finally given what they suggested - a room that faced the water. It did help a little. I still needed to sleep with ear plugs though. The room did have a safe at a cost of 2.50 euro a day to use it. The room did not have a coffee maker, iron, or refrigerator. It was a very simple room. There are also no ice machines (but this is not uncommon in Europe). If you go to the bar they will give you a glass of ice with three cubes in it so you can take it back to your room. The bartenders were extremely pleasant.

The breakfast was typical. Excepting that the concentrated orange juice was dispensed through machines into a very small glass. Literally about 4 oz. The lines for the orange juice and coffee machines were long and people were not very nice about waiting their turn. We did not eat there for dinner as it was about 23 euro and there were a lot of other places outside the hotel with a varied menu that was less expensive and good.

The pool outside was very cold. I did not see anyone use it. The pool on the roof was cold as well, but I did see a couple of people attempt to use it. The problem with the rooftop pool was that the pool room smelled awfully musty and moldy. It was not pleasant.

As for the fitness area ... this was hysterical. The hotel's fitness area consists of one bicycle and a weight bench that did not have any weights. What a joke!!!

I was never able to find the snack bar.

It was my experience that the people of Spain do not like Americans very much. We were not pushy and used our manners. Every time I received change back from a purchase (besides once), I was given the incorrect amount of money. I was walking down a busy street lined with shops minding my own business and a Spanish man leaned into me a snarled a comment at me that I couldn't understand because I didn't understand his language, but I got the general idea. Overall, we felt like we had to "watch our backs" which took a lot of the fun out of our vacation.

Sadly, I would not go back again."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Great clean rooms, great location

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Overall, it was really nice and clean and I'd stay there again. Great view of the Mediterranean from the rooftop pool deck!

I was surprised the hotel doesn't have any irons to lend out. The room we got was right off the elevators, sort of an elevator lobby with pretty marble floors, pretty loud marble floors, we could hear every word being said by people coming and going at all hours because this big area of marble floors had no area rug, which would have helped to cut down the sound for the poor souls stuck in rooms near the elevator, all the other rooms on our floor were down the carpeted halls... our room had a view of the street and shops in front of the lobby... which was also rather loud at night, so we had to sleep with the patio door closed, despite the perfect spring tempuratures outside (it was probably 17-20C the whole time we were there).

The elevators were plentiful and moved fast, but we often waited a while for it to stop on our floor.

The breakfast (& dinner) buffet was really mediocre, under cooked scrambled eggs, half the do-it-yourself coffee makers were broken during most of our stay, which meant huge lines to the ones that were working, couldn't the hotel have a back-up plan? i.e. a back up coffee maker and some hot milk? Orange juice machines were empty and not working more often then they were full and working. And lots of rude European tourists, I won't name the nationality, but they thought cutting in front of people randomly was perfectly acceptable if they said "excuse me" in their own language, so if you wanted to eat your food while it was hot, you had to be pushy and aggressive.

The room was very nice, very clean, gorgeous bathroom, loved the big spacious balcony. Firm but comfortable beds. The rooftop pool was very nice, but I didn't swim. The walk to the beach was really nice... but it's a steep climb backup so take your time if you're out of shape, there's shops the entire way so you can stop & shop, too."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

Hotels near Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea

Top traveller tips for Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea

• tinanphil by tinanphil

"Don't go All Inclusive "

• Pauline S by Pauline S

"Shops and bars are right beside the hotel. "

• New Recruit by New Recruit

"We were all inclusive and my husband was drinking beer from a wine glass. More entertainment. "

Gran Cervantes by Blue Sea is also called