Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

Avenida Lido s/n Playamar, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

great little hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Came back to this lovely hotel in December for a relaxing break with my husband before Christmas. Location is great, just a few yards down the road to the promenade & beach. Staff are friendly & helpful, rooms spotless and the food excellent with plenty of variety for both breakfast & dinner. More suited to couples & older travellers probably as there is nothing for children to do apart from the pool in summer. Cannot fault anything, just on a personal note , it would be great if the lounge was not so smoky at times, as we have got used to a nice fresh & clean environment in England, but that's the way it still is in Spain so it would not put me off returning. We were also lucky to have lots of warm sunshine, much better weather than when we stayed in April, so that was a bonus. Excellent value for money in our opinion."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of January 2009

Good value

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Chose this hotel due to reasonable value and reasonable reviews. It is not a fancy hotel but it is clean and functional and very good value in an area close enough to bars and restaurants and very close to beach.. but set away slightly from any noise.
Good choice for breakfast hot and cold buffett but very busy. Friendly hard working staff. Pool at back of hotel but of course too cold for swimming in November.
Beach is 2 mins walk away. Train station is 15 mins as is the main bar and restaurant area of the town. However there are also many bars and places to eat within 2 mins of hotel. Very easy to get to from airport with regular train 20 mins from airport.
Would prefer a double bed rather than 2 singles together which seemed the norm. Fridge in room and saftey deposit box for which there was a small charge each day to use."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of December 2008

Little gem

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Just returned from a 5 day stay at the Don Paquito in Torremolinos.
Very handy from Malaga airport - 15 minutes, 20 Euros taxi fair.
We stayed room only so can not comment on food but plenty of bars and resaurants around the area. The rooms were on the small side but adequate and very clean. Reception were very helpful and friendly. The bar was very reasonably priced and the bar staff were very good. Residents of the The Hotel, as was the resort were mainly middle-aged tourists but this is usual between November - March.

All in all the Hotel could not be faulted, apart from thing - the beds were two singles placed together and on a rating of 1-10 (10 being the Belagio in Las Vegas) they rated 4.5 for comfort.

I went to Spain (Seville) last November and this time noticed how much the British Pound has devalued. Everything now seems very expensive at 1.12 euros to the pound. We went into the main resort and for two coffees and two cakes we were charged 12 Euros. A main meal out for two with a couple of glasses of wine will cost you around 30-35 euros.

Apart from that I would go back again to this Hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

lovely small friendly hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"great hotel nice and quiet very relaxing food was very good same choice as what you get in larger hotels but a lot fresher we were in one of the smaller rooms but still had the same as larger rooms they had fridge which was great to keep fresh milk in as i love cups of tea there was also hairdryer and a complimentry bottle of water rooms were decorated nice everywere was kept spotless would defenatly stay here again hopefully going to book for next march for only being a 3* it would put a lot of 4*to shame all in all a gem of a hotel great staff very friendly"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2008

Nice Little Bolthole

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Booked this hotel because I have stayed in the Las Arenas which is a sister hotel.The hotel wa very clean and of a good standard for 3 star.Reception was friendy and a quick check in was experienced. Rooms were very clean with fridge,lcd tv and telephone,although they were on the small side.Pool area clean although rather cramped,but some large pools nearby.Dining room was small with approx 24 tables but never seemed to be overcrowded and staff were attentive,not obtrusive.Food was good but very limited for choice ( understandable with only 60 rooms) still , managed to find something to eat at every visit. Overall a good place to stay, clean,quiet, close to all amenities,would stay again"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2008

Thinking of staying here

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"The two of us were going to Torremolinos every year and staying at the same great hotel on the beach, but we were looking for a hotel the next year that had a WIFI signal, so we could use our laptop without climbing the hill to the town. We visited the lobby of the Don Paquito where we were able to get a WIFI signal one Sunday and noticed Spanish family coming in from outside to spend a typical Sunday afternoon ordering a coffee from the bar and making themselves comfortable for a couple of hours. We thought maybe this would be a good place to stay the next year. A couple of weeks later I needed to send an urgent e-mail due to a death in the family and scurried to the Don Paquito lobby to check messages and make contact with a family member. I was only there five minutes when I noticed that my e-mail wouldn't send and heard a tapping noise at the reception desk at the same time. When I questioned the desk as to why I couldn't send a message, the desk attendant was outraged. He said if I was not a guest of the hotel I couldn't be there using the computer, and that I need to close it down immediately. I explained the situation and he ignored the urgency as if I had said nothing. He said I couldn't be on the premisis, or use any of the facilities of the hotel unless I was a guest and to leave immediately or he would call the police! I was shocked. I only needed about 2 seconds to send my urgent e-mail and I would have been on my way. When I think of my passing family member I sometimes see the image of this cruel desk attendant. I could see it maybe if I had been a nuicence, dressed imporoperly or acted badly, but I was a typical tourist, polite and dressed nicely. This was the first and only bad time I ever experienced with a Spanish person in Torremolinos, and I was shocked. I certainly won't be staying at this hotel like I had once considered! There are many other really nice hotels 5 minutes down the beach that are cheaper and very nice. Try the Bajondillo Apartments. Their studios are very popular. It is a very friendly place with a great view of the beach and lots to do right there in the hotel. They are cheaper than many of the hotels, which is amazing for what they have to offer. For long term visitors, they even give you 20% off on the spot just for the asking if you are staying 2 months or more. Sorry Don Paquito, you goofed hiring that rude and inconsiderate young man to tend the desk."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of October 2008

Very good hotel - good value for money.

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Stayed here for 6 nights recently and had a very pleasant experience. Represents good value for money. Decor is of a high standard. Food was exceptionally fresh and couldnt be faulted in any way. Buffet selection for breakfast and dinner served 8am-10am and 7pm to 9pm respectively. Hotel was fully booked during our stay yet the more than capable staff managed to keep their cool during even the most hectic times. Staff were friendly and very helpful and took a very personal approach in dealing with the guests (Reception girl told us of the Felia de Malaga festival which happened to be on during our stay - we would most definitely have missed otherwise) Bar and Restaurant staff were efficient and very accomodating one in particular Damian??????? (think was his name) with whom we shared a few giggles!!! One thing if you like a bit of sun on your balcony in afternoon best get a room facing the pool to back of hotel. Pool itself is good but little busy when we visited (tho hotel was fully booked) There is a small but well stocked bar and is nice to enjoy an evening coffee or drink in the pavement tables outside but does close at 12pm so dont expect a late drink. For a small hotel it is of a very high standard and should we return to this area would definitely use this hotel again. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Thanks guys for a VERY pleasant stay."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

great hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"stayed in this hotel for a week from the 17/6/08 and thought it was very good hotel for the price and would stay here again.room was cleaned every day,very close to the beach and shops. and next door is the don marco and don pedro which my friends stayed in. over all i would stay here again !!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

Small hotel noisy at weekend

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Small friendly Hotel the staff very helpfull on our arrival this looked like a perfect place to stay as we booked for 11 nights we had asked for high floor quiet room but was given a room on the 2nd floor was told all rooms full but could move us in 3 days to higher floor on entering the room it had a bad smell spoke to the reception said the maid will give it a magic spray it worked for a couple of days but kept coming back we was offered another room on the 4th floor but that smelt worse so stayed in original room. The food was ok not a large selection but as previous reviews was always something on to satisfy the most demanding diner only problem was unless you was there when the food was put out it was luke warm most of the time and as no hotplate the plates were cold which did not help on a few occasions I asked the cook if could heat up and she cooked me fresh which was good. This Hotel has nothing for children but at weekends there is a huge influx of spanish guests with lots of children which gets very noisy round the pool untill monday when they go home also as there is no carpet in corridors the noise from people banging doors at 2am in morning and moving furniture very noisy The position is good few mins from beach 15 mins to san miguel street up a steep hill or 20 mins via beach road to lift to town centre to sum up rooms clean fridge digital tv and air con all included only extra is safe.
Would we Return unlikely."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2008

Very popular small friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for a short 5 day break with my friend and can recommend this hotel if you want somewhere near the beach in a quiet location. As far as the hotel goes, it was spotless and well run, maid service was every day and linen changed every other day. All the hotel staff were very friendly and you really felt that your custom mattered. the pool area is very small, but to be honest the hotel was full on a couple of days we were there due to a bank holiday and a lot of spanish coming for the weekend, but you never felt overcrowded. I think i counted approx 12 people in total around the pool area all the time we were there. It does seem mainly for couples, or small groups of people rather families. food wise unless you are very picky you can always find something to eat, there were the usual salads, cheese, cooked meat or fish, soup of the day and for main course approx 4 choices of meat/fish dishes and assorted vegetables/potatoes/chips. for dessert, there were choices of 3/4 fruits, jelly, mousse and cakes, only criticism on the food was it never seemed very hot. Taxi to and from airport was 20 euros, beer is 3 euros, hotel has happy hour 5 till 6 , cigarettes in resort , L & B 29.50 euros(dearer at the airport by 3.50 e), All in all I really liked the hotel, but found torremolinos quiet for my liking, had to really go into the town (up the steps or via the lift)for nightlife or onto neighbouring benalmadena, If I return to torremolinos I would definately choose this hotel, its more personal."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of May 2008

a little gem

Reviewed Mon 25th of April 2016

"This is the best little hotel in the Costa Del Sol , we never stay anywhere else, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food is always great and with plenty of choice, its close to the beach and bars, the rooms are spotless clean. Cant wait to go back in November."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of April 2016

Great Hotel , Value For Money

Reviewed Thu 9th of December 2010

"This is a fine Hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful.Good choice of food at both breakfast and dinner. Room big enough to put in an extra bed as we did. Very clean everywhere inside . Beach only a few mins walk away. Plenty of bars and eating places close by."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of December 2010

Hotels near Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

Stayed at Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

• fly243 by fly243

"gibraltar and morocco "

• M Stokes by M Stokes

"harbour, cats up the moutain "

Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito is also called