Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

Avenida Lido s/n Playamar, 29620 Torremolinos Spain

a little gem

Reviewed Mon 25th of April 2016

"This is the best little hotel in the Costa Del Sol , we never stay anywhere else, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food is always great and with plenty of choice, its close to the beach and bars, the rooms are spotless clean. Cant wait to go back in November."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of April 2016

Great Hotel , Value For Money

Reviewed Thu 9th of December 2010

"This is a fine Hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful.Good choice of food at both breakfast and dinner. Room big enough to put in an extra bed as we did. Very clean everywhere inside . Beach only a few mins walk away. Plenty of bars and eating places close by."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of December 2010

lovely hotel

Reviewed Tue 3rd of March 2009

"Lovely small hotel, very near to the beach.
Got off to a bad start as we arrived early and our room was not ready (our fault) so we went for a 2 hour walk and when we got back and spoke to the receptionist she said take a seat and she would check if it was ready! We waited almost an hour when she remembered we were there and said she had forgotten us and yes the room was ready, (she did appologise).
Hotel very clean and the hotel staff were all lovely and very friendly. Unfortunately they were re-painting the outside of the hotel while we were there, but in its defence they kept the noise and the dust to a minimum.
Food was very nice and very fresh. Evening meals were not labled so it was difficult to know exactly what you had on your plate at times. but saying that you could not fault the quality and choice of food.
Happy hour is 5 to 6 pm and the size of the spirits are generous and the bar staff are great fun, drinks 2 for 1.
Pool area is a little small but as it was February when we went, ( weather 18 to 21 C) it was ample for the amount of people at the hotel at that time of year. Not sure how you would fare in the height of summer.
Bed rooms were very clean but the walls are thin .... could hear the chap next door snoring and the bathroom walls are thinner and could hear much more so be warned!
For this reason only we did not give it an excellent score for rooms and overall.
TV limited in english channels but have sky news and more 4 and CNN.
Nice touches were shampoo and hairdryer in bathroom and a small bottle of water to greet you to your room.
Very good 3 star hotel, deserves a 4 in most ways.
Very much enjoyed our stay.

About a 15 min walk to the centre. Turn left outside the hotel and then second left takes you to the resort centre, up hill so stop and take your time!
Opposite way Turn right and right again to walk to the sea front, can walk to old torremolinos and bellamadena which has a cable car up into the mountains.
This is a spectacular view and there is a bird of prey show free(at certain times of the day), when you get up there.

Train station takes you to the neighbouring resorts for very little money. Easy to use and safe.
Resort is handy for Gibraltar, nice day out. Price about 12 euro's for the shopping trip, more if you want to see the apes. Duty free shopping there. Famouse grouse 1 ltr, 7 euro's. 200 cigs around £10 but only 200 cigs OR 250 grams baccy allowed per person and 1 litre of spirits.
Customs are hot here so beware smugglers!

Buses were very busy to malaga, no queing system so older folks beware, saw many pushing/pushed off their feet trying to board. Cheap but be prepared to stand for the journey!

Morocco well worth a visit to the kasbah!

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of March 2009

Fantastic

Reviewed Mon 9th of February 2009

"First time myself & my wife, went away with out children, we stayed in the Don Paaquito Hotel, It was a good clean tidy hotel, with friendly staff, rooms were cleaned each day,
the waiter's, were very friendly, especialy John Jovolta look alike,The food was different each day, but was cleaned well cooked healthy food.
If you go out side front door of hotel turn left 200yrds on left a first class CHINESSE RESTRAUNT, for 9 euros you get a three course meal, one of the nicest ever had.
turn right out side hotel 300yrds at beach, turn right again and walk along the pronade for a 1 half mile walk to the harbour, I had a mobility scooter as of bad back, but a great wee walk, and lotts of shops along the way, few in the backs as well, be aware of the shoe shops as say they are leather but they are all plastic with leather linning in shoe. It is more of an older persons holiday out side of the July & Augst time, we were there begining of Feb, so most people in there 50's and beond, nothing for kidds to do, but a nice break away, wish we had dune more like trip to Moroco or Gibralter?
But a good clean hotel made for it, and at the back of the hotel is a Sister hotel offering more facilitys like indoor pool, archery, shooting, bowls, etc.
Well thanks againg to the Staff at Don Paquito 3*** Hotel.

Kindest Regards
Mark & Alison "

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

great little hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Came back to this lovely hotel in December for a relaxing break with my husband before Christmas. Location is great, just a few yards down the road to the promenade & beach. Staff are friendly & helpful, rooms spotless and the food excellent with plenty of variety for both breakfast & dinner. More suited to couples & older travellers probably as there is nothing for children to do apart from the pool in summer. Cannot fault anything, just on a personal note , it would be great if the lounge was not so smoky at times, as we have got used to a nice fresh & clean environment in England, but that's the way it still is in Spain so it would not put me off returning. We were also lucky to have lots of warm sunshine, much better weather than when we stayed in April, so that was a bonus. Excellent value for money in our opinion."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of January 2009

Good value

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Chose this hotel due to reasonable value and reasonable reviews. It is not a fancy hotel but it is clean and functional and very good value in an area close enough to bars and restaurants and very close to beach.. but set away slightly from any noise.
Good choice for breakfast hot and cold buffett but very busy. Friendly hard working staff. Pool at back of hotel but of course too cold for swimming in November.
Beach is 2 mins walk away. Train station is 15 mins as is the main bar and restaurant area of the town. However there are also many bars and places to eat within 2 mins of hotel. Very easy to get to from airport with regular train 20 mins from airport.
Would prefer a double bed rather than 2 singles together which seemed the norm. Fridge in room and saftey deposit box for which there was a small charge each day to use."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of December 2008

Little gem

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Just returned from a 5 day stay at the Don Paquito in Torremolinos.
Very handy from Malaga airport - 15 minutes, 20 Euros taxi fair.
We stayed room only so can not comment on food but plenty of bars and resaurants around the area. The rooms were on the small side but adequate and very clean. Reception were very helpful and friendly. The bar was very reasonably priced and the bar staff were very good. Residents of the The Hotel, as was the resort were mainly middle-aged tourists but this is usual between November - March.

All in all the Hotel could not be faulted, apart from thing - the beds were two singles placed together and on a rating of 1-10 (10 being the Belagio in Las Vegas) they rated 4.5 for comfort.

I went to Spain (Seville) last November and this time noticed how much the British Pound has devalued. Everything now seems very expensive at 1.12 euros to the pound. We went into the main resort and for two coffees and two cakes we were charged 12 Euros. A main meal out for two with a couple of glasses of wine will cost you around 30-35 euros.

Apart from that I would go back again to this Hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

lovely small friendly hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"great hotel nice and quiet very relaxing food was very good same choice as what you get in larger hotels but a lot fresher we were in one of the smaller rooms but still had the same as larger rooms they had fridge which was great to keep fresh milk in as i love cups of tea there was also hairdryer and a complimentry bottle of water rooms were decorated nice everywere was kept spotless would defenatly stay here again hopefully going to book for next march for only being a 3* it would put a lot of 4*to shame all in all a gem of a hotel great staff very friendly"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2008

Nice Little Bolthole

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Booked this hotel because I have stayed in the Las Arenas which is a sister hotel.The hotel wa very clean and of a good standard for 3 star.Reception was friendy and a quick check in was experienced. Rooms were very clean with fridge,lcd tv and telephone,although they were on the small side.Pool area clean although rather cramped,but some large pools nearby.Dining room was small with approx 24 tables but never seemed to be overcrowded and staff were attentive,not obtrusive.Food was good but very limited for choice ( understandable with only 60 rooms) still , managed to find something to eat at every visit. Overall a good place to stay, clean,quiet, close to all amenities,would stay again"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2008

Thinking of staying here

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"The two of us were going to Torremolinos every year and staying at the same great hotel on the beach, but we were looking for a hotel the next year that had a WIFI signal, so we could use our laptop without climbing the hill to the town. We visited the lobby of the Don Paquito where we were able to get a WIFI signal one Sunday and noticed Spanish family coming in from outside to spend a typical Sunday afternoon ordering a coffee from the bar and making themselves comfortable for a couple of hours. We thought maybe this would be a good place to stay the next year. A couple of weeks later I needed to send an urgent e-mail due to a death in the family and scurried to the Don Paquito lobby to check messages and make contact with a family member. I was only there five minutes when I noticed that my e-mail wouldn't send and heard a tapping noise at the reception desk at the same time. When I questioned the desk as to why I couldn't send a message, the desk attendant was outraged. He said if I was not a guest of the hotel I couldn't be there using the computer, and that I need to close it down immediately. I explained the situation and he ignored the urgency as if I had said nothing. He said I couldn't be on the premisis, or use any of the facilities of the hotel unless I was a guest and to leave immediately or he would call the police! I was shocked. I only needed about 2 seconds to send my urgent e-mail and I would have been on my way. When I think of my passing family member I sometimes see the image of this cruel desk attendant. I could see it maybe if I had been a nuicence, dressed imporoperly or acted badly, but I was a typical tourist, polite and dressed nicely. This was the first and only bad time I ever experienced with a Spanish person in Torremolinos, and I was shocked. I certainly won't be staying at this hotel like I had once considered! There are many other really nice hotels 5 minutes down the beach that are cheaper and very nice. Try the Bajondillo Apartments. Their studios are very popular. It is a very friendly place with a great view of the beach and lots to do right there in the hotel. They are cheaper than many of the hotels, which is amazing for what they have to offer. For long term visitors, they even give you 20% off on the spot just for the asking if you are staying 2 months or more. Sorry Don Paquito, you goofed hiring that rude and inconsiderate young man to tend the desk."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of October 2008

Having just returned from a week long ho...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"Having just returned from a week long holiday in the Don Paquito hotel,i felt i just had to leave my comment. Having previously stayed in four star hotels on holidays and being very disapointed by certain aspects of them,mainly speaking food being terrible, very bad customer service,be it only a smile from members of staff, and general all round manner, i was very pleasently surprised when we arrived at the Don Paquito to first of all being met with the lovely friendly staff. The hotel is a small,with 66 bedrooms, making for a very homely,relaxed friendly atmosphere, breakfast was served between 8-10 each morning which was great for anyone wishing to have a sleep on,(me). The food was very good, beautiful variation of buffet style breakfast and evening dinner every day,with something to suit all cultures. Last but not least, the staff and management of the hotel were simply brilliant, nothing was too much trouble to anyone. pity some hotels couldn"t take a leaf out of their book and make hospitality no 1 for guests. I have to finally say that the beds were changed daily and the hotel was spotless. I will definitely be returning. Thank you Don Paquito."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Very good hotel - good value for money.

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Stayed here for 6 nights recently and had a very pleasant experience. Represents good value for money. Decor is of a high standard. Food was exceptionally fresh and couldnt be faulted in any way. Buffet selection for breakfast and dinner served 8am-10am and 7pm to 9pm respectively. Hotel was fully booked during our stay yet the more than capable staff managed to keep their cool during even the most hectic times. Staff were friendly and very helpful and took a very personal approach in dealing with the guests (Reception girl told us of the Felia de Malaga festival which happened to be on during our stay - we would most definitely have missed otherwise) Bar and Restaurant staff were efficient and very accomodating one in particular Damian??????? (think was his name) with whom we shared a few giggles!!! One thing if you like a bit of sun on your balcony in afternoon best get a room facing the pool to back of hotel. Pool itself is good but little busy when we visited (tho hotel was fully booked) There is a small but well stocked bar and is nice to enjoy an evening coffee or drink in the pavement tables outside but does close at 12pm so dont expect a late drink. For a small hotel it is of a very high standard and should we return to this area would definitely use this hotel again. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Thanks guys for a VERY pleasant stay."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of August 2008

Hotels near Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

Stayed at Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito

• fly243 by fly243

"gibraltar and morocco "

• M Stokes by M Stokes

"harbour, cats up the moutain "

Essence Hotel Boutique by Don Paquito is also called