About Bajondillo Apartments

• slovenian amenities
  • finnish

The whole place

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2016

"The Bajondillo apartments is the nicest place I've stayed. The staff made me feel so welcome and they have made me want to come back here again, they are so kind and always make such a good effort with our English. I found the beds in the apartment so comfortable. The cleaning service was excellent. The entertainment was brilliant and the singers were outstanding. I have really enjoyed my stay here and would come back again. It's a nice quite area and I would really recommend the Bajondillo apartments. "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2016

Friendly staff

Reviewed Fri 29th of July 2011

"Stayed 6 nights over the New Year. The hotel provided a free airport transfer in the price & on landing at Malaga found a man in the arrival hall holding a board with our name on exactly as we had been advised. He took us straight to the bus & off we go. It took less than 15 minutes to get the accommodation & check in was done in minutes. We arrived late morning but they still allowed us in to our room, which was brilliant, & we were pleased we didn’t have to walk the streets till their usual check in time.
The 5th floor studio was basic but far exceeded our expectations especially after I had read some reviews I was expecting the worst, But, for what we had paid I felt we more than got value for money. We didn’t go there with the intention of cooking big meals on the 2-ring hob but we managed breakfast & light lunches so we found no problems here. I did my research before hand so I knew to take a travel kettle to make drinks. A toaster would have been a nice touch but we managed without one. Tea towels & a tablecloth were provided & the towels were fluffy & clean. We had absolutely no problems at all with housekeeping. To be honest we are tidy people & it is not a problem at all to us to clear up after ourselves & we would always dispose or our own rubbish. The linen & towel changes were good, bedding was changed twice while we there which for a 6-night stay is very good, I wouldn’t get that back home. I particularly found the bed & pillows to be so comfortable & I slept well throughout our stay. The air con & radiator in the room worked fine & both were needed at different times, as the weather was very unpredictable. Always plenty of hot water regardless of the weather.
We didn’t use the restaurant so cannot comment on the food. We used the bar most evenings for a drink & on a couple of occasions we watched the acts they had on. Typical hotel acts but we found them to be entertaining. The guests were a mixture of English Spanish & French while we were there & everyone seemed to get on & I didn’t feel they were being unfriendly at all.
The staff here we found to be absolutely brilliant. Reception staff could not be more helpful than they were. They booked restaurants & taxis for us & gave us as much information as we needed on the area. They were always friendly & always greeted us warmly. Im shocked that people have said they found them rude. We never treat staff aggressively or shout at them & treating people the way we like to be treated has always been our motto & hasn’t done us too badly up to now. Unfortunately when we arranged them to collect us from the airport we presumed it would just take us back so we hadn’t booked a return transfer but the girl on the desk said no problem I will do it now for you & that’s exactly what she did. She got on the phone & within minutes had arranged our pick up. When we checked out the front desk again were very friendly wishing us a safe journey. The collection to the airport was on time & went without any problems.
At this time of year we found the resort to be very very quiet & had no real nightlife to speak of & a lot of the time we would be the only diners in the restaurants so the places lacked any atmosphere. We went to Benalmadena most of the time, which was slightly livelier, but while it was a lovely walk during the day & early evening the taxis back late evening added an extra 12-15 Euros to the cost of each evening so it made it expensive. As we had predominantly gone to celebrate the new year we didn’t find Torremolinos to our liking so we will not return but I would certainly recommend these apartments to those of you who do decide to pay it a visit & im sure in summer it is a much livelier place to be & with the accommodation right on the beach & only a short walk up into the town it makes for a perfect location.

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2011

Great weekend in the sun

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"Just come back from a brilliant weekend in the sun. Apartments are very basic but fine if you only want somewhere to sleep and wash. Bathrooms quite new with very powerful showers. We (4 Couples) had all apartments together, "which was nice." Very good choice for breakfast, the only downfall being that there were a lot of retired americans and europeans staying there who had left their manners at home, as I wrote previously, there was plenty of choice and quantity but waiting their turn or a please or thank you seemed beyond them. On arrival thought that the barman was going to be grumpy, not so, very nice man. On confirming on last day that the bus was taking us back to the airport, they had pencilled us in for 5 o clock. Our flight wasn't until 11. They rechecked our flights and then arranged a later transfer for us. The reception staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Outside of the apartments could do with a lick of paint, but the location was excellent - right on the beach and 100 yards from the lift and stairs that lead up to the main town, though there are loads of bars and shops that lead all the way to the harbour and Benalmadena. Pool area was big enough for May, but would imagine it to be heaving during the height of the season. That said, the beach is literally across the road. Afternoon waves very/very strong. Be sure to shower on the beach before going back to your apartment or else you risk depositing half the beach in your shower!
Would definately go again, infact, thinking of returning next May. "

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Bajondillo Apartments Review

Reviewed Wed 8th of July 2009

"Just back from a week in the Bajondillo and wish we could hop on a plane and go back again. We stayed in a studio apartment which was basic enough - but fine as long as you didn't want to cook as the 'kitchen' is basically a little alcove inside the door, with just enough room for two rings, a sink and a small fridge underneath. Anyway, the place was spotless and the ladies came in to clean every day except Sunday - and even tho' we had a lie in some mornings and didn't go out til around 10.30 or 11ish they never woke us up or put us under pressure to leave so that they could come in - yet when we went out and came back the place had always been done, it was great. When we arrived the fridge wasn't working but I rang reception and a maintenance guy came up straight away and sorted it out for us.

The location of these apartments was the best thing tho. Right on the lovely beach of course but because set in off the road, it was lovely and quiet at night and first thing in the morning so we always got a great nights sleep. No gangs of young teenagers about the place either so we had no hassle whatsoever.

Everything on our doorstep. The steps into town are just around the corner and loads of bars/restaurants and shops right beside us. When we were rambling around we came across the train station and the bus station so everywhere really accessible if you wanted to go on trips. We only had a week so didn't do too much, but the crocodile park and aquapark are well worth a visit and within walking distance - altho' a taxi only about 7 euro.

The weather was very hot when we were there - mid 30's - but a cool breeze all the time so we found it very comfortable.

It was ideal for us - I'm 50 and my son is 12 and we both enjoyed it. Don't know if there was much in the way of nightclubs or late night places for teenagers/young adults, but for us it was the most relaxing holiday we ever had. I felt very safe too which is always important when you're on your own with a child.

We'll be back....."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

We first went to this hotel in 2006, had...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"We first went to this hotel in 2006, had an excellent time so we decided to go back.

Second time we set out to find this hotel online because we enjoyed the first time so much.

Had a little mishap on the first day, lost my mobile phone in the taxi on the way to the hotel, tried to ring it up and just heard someone breathing down the phone, informed the receptionist that i didnt feel very safe as the driver knew the hotel we were staying at. He made the security guard do extra patrols just incase

Rooms are great, great views of malaga harbour and the sierra nevada if you are on the right side. Entertainment can be a little noisy if you are an early sleeper but this is usually finished by 1-2AM at the latest

Great bar staff and room service, can't praise it enough :)"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

My partner and I spent two weeks here in...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"My partner and I spent two weeks here in 2005. And we just booked again for this year.

We have to say that we didn't find one bad thing to say about this complex. Staff were brilliant and the room and the hotel itself were gleaming.

There was a kiddies club in operation every day which was run by well trained staff.

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what age group because the location itself, is peaceful and relaxing but your are not to far from all the action either.

There was entertainment on every night which stopped on the dot of one o'clock and it was up to you to carry on or retire gracefully to bed.

The hotel is situated directly across from the long sandy beach and every thing is on your doorstep. Happy holidays."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

My favourite hotel.

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I have been here four times and it is always the same. Wonderful atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff, great location, the best coffee in the cafeteria,Anna Mary at night on the terrazza, and last but not least, a very clean and well taken care of hotel. I would not stay anywhere else."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006

Good value

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"We were at the Bajondillo for a week in late april 06. Room wase quite comfortable and service was very good. This hotel is sitting right on the coast, has a pool if you don't like the beach. You are located right in the middle of everything and have quick access to a thousand restaurants and stores. My wife & I have enjoyed the night shows and relaxed atmosphere of this complex and will certainly return for more. Loads of sightseeing tours are available and can keep you going for weeks. Keeping in mind that this is not a luxury complex it has no real shortages as far as location and sercices are concerned. Young and older singles and couples from all over the world add to the pleasure of living in this complex. Breakfast are great and a very good restaurant can satisfy most delicate tastes."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

best holiday ever!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Everything was so nearby! the entertainment was brilliant and the beach was right across the road, the apartments were huge. i even got a boyfriend from it hehe"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of April 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"This was our third time returning to the Bajondillo. They have an excellent location - close to great restaurants, good shops, beach and the mini park beside it for crazy golf. Staff are fantastic- friendly and helpful at all times. Apartments organise games during the day and it is a great way of meeting people from different countries. Entertainment at night and is great. Great snacks. Will definately be back. Apartments were cleaned every day and were spoltless."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006

excellent apartments

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"was at bajondillo this september for 2 weeks.. and i will say its was first class.. the cleanliness was the best ive experience for a long time.. apartment were cleaned every day and the staff were efficent and polite.. the bar was very handy for eating light snacks for lunch.. very central location as central tormelinos only a small walk away always enquire bout the lift at the back of bajondillo to bring u up town otherwise you will encounter some steps.. only down side is that alot of older clientele her american mostly who can be a bit intimidating and the take over the place at breakfast and at night time...so we always went out at night to irish pubs etc.. head bar man juan was very friendly.. will be back next year for sure.."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2005

Great Place to stay

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Hotel and staff outstanding, courtious and good command of the english language--all were very helpful 24/7.
Only draw back is that the beds were small in the small apartments and very hard, plus in the winter (we had the worst winter there in 150 years) they didn't turn on the heat until it got to 37°F --fantastic location on the beach well with in walking distance of great resturants and shopping. I highly recommend it for a vacation. within driving distance to most of the major tourest / historical locations on ths costa del sol."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

Hotels near Bajondillo Apartments

Top traveller tips for Bajondillo Apartments

• jack'n'andy by jack'n'andy

"Rambling around and enjoying the sunshine is what it's all about... "

• Sunshine by Sunshine

"Ideal for people who are out all day and all night, not so good if you want to eat in and watch telly, but why go to Spain if you're going to do that/ "

Bajondillo Apartments is also called