Real review

Reviewed 7th April 2018

"We stayed at los arcos 2016 and we are going back in 3 days time if you look at some review s they are dated some years a go and all I can say is this hotel has changed dramatically over the years because we would not stay in a slum as some people make it out to be if you are thinking of going don't be put off by reviews as you will be in for a nice surprise"

• Travel date: 26th May 2017

los Arco's March 2015

Reviewed 27th April 2015

"Fantastic holiday,staff could not do enough for you ,all spoke good English.24 hour reception n bar (if req). Hotel very clean and well kept.Tony (who said to say he was 6 ft with dark hair lol)was brilliant ,hard working and took a real pride in his hotel.Food was great,lots of choice.Buffet breakfast ,bacon eggs sausage n lots more cold hams etc n fruit .Dinner,choice of meats or fish and all the trimmings with cold hams n fruit n desserts as well.Perfect holiday.Beach n bars are about 10 minutes walk ,lots to do,great place.See you soon ,thanks Arcos."

• Travel date: 27th April 2015

We loved it there!

Reviewed 16th October 2014

"We are in our 70's and stayed for a week and really enjoyed it.Old hotel but very clean.Staff were very helpful Especially the English speaking man front desk.Seemed like a step back in time which we liked.It was exactly 10mins walk to the front (beach)and by no means a steep hill back up.Traffic calming measures in front of hotel meant no problem crossing road.Also big supermarket a short distance from hotel.I would go B and B next time as food left a lot to be desired,often cold and not much choice.But it is a small hotel after all.The staff all multi tasked.We will definitely go back. "

• Travel date: 15th October 2014

Quicky Holiday

Reviewed 12th September 2013

"This is a Great Value Hotel, with Excellent Service. The Staff here are 1st Rate, No Problem they cannot Help With. We have just Returned from this Holiday, we thought when we Booked the hotel just 4 days before we left England that we may have stayed here Before, and when we got there we had but some years ago. Brilliant that's all I can Say, and Thank you for a Lovely Stay and We will Be Back.. Great Value B&B Excellent Choices too, both Hot and Cold. Only stayed 7 nights but Bedding was Changed, Towels always Clean, and Lovely Quality Bedding, again all White. Mini Fridge in room.5Star Rating from my Family. Air Conditioning Also in Rooms at No Charge."

• Travel date: 12th September 2013

Shold be renamed Los toilet

Reviewed 17th September 2012

"Not located 500m from beach.You need to walk about 15mins to get to beach and twice as long to get back as it's up hill all the way! No coffee shop on premises, lucky if you get a cup of tea at breakfast unless you take down own teabags.Not wheelchair friendly, you wouldn't get up the steep ramp or in the very small lift.No sunbeds around the pool (sorry paddling pool!)..Most staff arrogant and make out they don't understand you.The waiter in the so called dining room extremely rude and abusive, also no idea of health and hygiene. He handles food from meat to salad with his hands, also any dropped cutlery returned to utensil tray the same with left napkins on tables.Rooms never cleaned , sheets only changed once in 2 weeks and they were dirtier than ones replaced,pillowcases not changed. Towels just changed from room to room or just folded, never clean.Never any fresh fruit or vegetables only fruit out of tins for pudding. Cardboard cornflakes, small measures in bowls. Any rolls etc left over then put out for next meal. Food inedible mainly because it's raw.Rat running around pool area "

• Travel date: 14th September 2012

Dont go there, awful

Reviewed 19th September 2011

"I booked this holiday 4 myself, sister, friend and baby son. On arriving to the hotel the person at the desk didnt speak english. We had asked for 2 rooms together on the booking and was told that this wasnt possible, ended up on different floors. On getting 2 the room (204) The carpet was filthy, room was like a box, dated, bathroom small with mildew on the shower curtains and the roof. One of the lights had a missing light bulb and the other light was faulty....... The room was meant to be for me my sister in law and my young son (there was a double and a single pushed together with no room. The single bed was meant to be for a 15 month old baby....... There was also no kettle for his milk.... When I went to reception and asked for a travel cot and kettle, I was told they didnt have any and that the bed was for him........ I told them he would fall out with no sides and they just shrugged their shoulders.... I then had to go and purchase a travel cot.... When we were in the room for a few hours I realised that there was ANTS CREEPING EVERYWHERE, FURNITURE,BATHROOM AND EVEN THE BED.....CRINGE...... I went and reported this to reception and they sent someone to clean....... the ants never went away....... I complained several times but nothing seemed to matter........ I would just have to bear it..... GROSE... The towels in your room were only changed once every 3 days... so dont go to the pool or shower 2 often..... If u ask for more they simply say that '' only changed every 3 days'' Is this the standard of a 3 star hotel??? I think not...... who rated this? or when...... 1940. When we went to the restaurant I asked for a high chair for my baby GUESS WOT??? THEY DIDNT HAVE ONE EITHER!!!!!!! How bad could this holiday get........ BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT GOT WORSE...... The food is awful and the selection is poor...... u would get better at a tea party for 4 people...... the man in the restaurant was nasty..... my young son wanted to close the door in the dining room (he has a thing about doors) and the man kept opening it and getting snarly.... This went on for a while until he shouted OPEN MEANS OPEN AT MY 15 MONTH OLD SON....... He then went and placed a plant so my son couldnt close it..... thankfully he didnt try 2 eat it (as all babys do at that age) The pool had one sun lounger for 52 rooms and 5 chairs.......... so if u want to sun yourself u will have to go to beach and pay 9 euro for theirs........ The tiles at the front of the hotel were people sit wasnt washed in the week we were there (sept 7th - 14th) I then wanted to place a complaint, as the service and professionalism of the staff plus clean ness of hotel was deplorable.... When asking for this as reception the guy hadn't a clue what we were on about so we used google to translate (he was happy and had a cheerful manner before we went onto google.......) he literally fired the complaint book at us........ On my stay I got very friendly with other people who were staying there....... all of them didnt have a good word to say, and stated that they couldnt wait 2 get home...... In total that week 16 people filled in a complaint form...... I hope u get the jist of this hotel........... UNFRIENDLY, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNCLEAN, NOT CHILD FRIENDLY, THE LIST COULD GO ON....... STAY AWAY LOOK FOR ANOTHER HOTEL....... the only plus side is the location....... I've never stayed in a worce hotel.......... "

• Travel date: 15th September 2011

Horrendous!!!!

Reviewed 26th May 2011

"I have just come back from the Los Arcos and can honestly say that youth hostels are cleaner. We arrived late on Friday evening, the reception area was clean and pleasant and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was another story altogether. The smell was pungent, stale smoke, foist and mould. There were mouse dropings on the floor, cockroahes were rife and the towels in the room were wet, they hadn't been changed from the previous guests. We swapped rooms and although there were no droppings nothing much was better. We took dettol wipes to disinfect the room and it was filthy. The sheets stank of stale smoke and by day two there were mouse droppings again. The floor was carpeted probably in the 70's and was disgraceful, we did not put anything on the floor, not even our feet. When we told the receptionist that there were mouse droppings on the floor and on the communal stairs we thought they would have been cleaned up. In fact nothing was vaccumed or wiped during our stay. The bathroom was mouldy and grotty. We did not eat here or dare to venture in the pool and will never ever again go. Health and safety should close this place down. I couldn't give this place a rating lower than 1 but I would give it a -100. Beware when booking. "

• Travel date: 24th May 2011

Never again

Reviewed 11th October 2010

"My partner & i were booked to stay at the los arcos for 13 nights from 26-09-10. On arrival the approach & reception area seemed ok & reception staff pleasant enough. The only other good point about our stay was that the towels were changed daily. We stayed room only so we did'nt experience the food. The rooms were very dated, smelly, dark & the carpeted floors were frayed & filthy. The wardrobes were smelly & mouldy & the shower curtain was also mouldy. The shower just about hung on to the wall without falling off & the tiles were also mouldy. We would never walk around barefoot on the filty floors. The walls were very thin & we struggled to get a good nights sleep. The beds were made daily but the sheets were not changed & after 7 nights sleeping in the same sheets we took all the bedding off ourselves & piled them up on the bed, i think they got the hint as we had fresh bedding that day. On day 9 we awoke to find the water supply to the hotel had been cut off. We improvised that morning, washing & shaving with a cold bottle of water they gave us & then went out for the day. We were horrified on our return that evening to find that there was still no water. We now had to fetch & carry buckets of water from the pool to our room to flush the toilet, again washing from a cold bottle of water. When we awoke on day 10 to find the water was still off we moved to another hotel nearby. How on earth the los arcos has 3 stars we do not know. If it was to be regraded i would be surprised if it got 2 stars. We will never go back to the los arcos but would return to the hotel we moved to nearby as this one deserves its rating. Prepare to be dissapointed if you ignore this review."

• Travel date: 10th October 2010

be carefull dont expect much for your money.

Reviewed 4th October 2010

"we stayed at the los Arcos in Sep of 2010 and entered a time warp as soon as we walked through the door. The first room smelt very smokey and the carped and desk were sticky, the toilet wouldnt flush and the tv bracket did not have a tv. We complained and got a new room, this one had a tv but we could only get 1 channel and it was in spanish, the wall was mouldy in the bedroom, the sink had a big star crack in it, the tile grout was black around the bath, the orange wardrobe doors were broken and roughly painted, the bedside light flickered when you closed the bathroom door, the bedroom carpet was minging and there was still the stale smell every time you walked in. we have read the other comments and would absolutly agree with all of them. To be fair, we stayed Bed and Breakfast and although it was the same choice of menue every morning....it was fresh (except for the scrambled egg which went through several colour changes over several days before it was changed). Pool area is quite nice, but it only had two sun loungers, eight chairs and three tables between 51 rooms....totaly inadiquate. we have stayed in better Two Star hotels and reading some of the older revues, it would seem that the Los Arcos got its rating a few years ago and has slipped its standards in more recent years. This is a cheep and conveniently placed hotel with friendly staff, but you will need to take your sence of humour with you or it could be a long holiday."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2010

disapoining

Reviewed 16th December 2009

"the staff were mostly nice people.the food was terrible.if they served a meal that wasn,t all eaten it would be on the following day.a pudding made one day would stay in the fridge to be eaten the rest of the week.cold meats and cheese was put out for breakfast was put out all week in fact the we left the meats and cheese were curling on the edges.one evening the food was put away 30minutes befor the meal was over.we went out to have a meal else where and really enjoyed it.the best thing about our stay was clean towels daily and the beds were tidied every day."

• Travel date: 15th December 2009

eat dinner elsewhere

Reviewed 28th February 2009

"my friend and i stayed at the los arcos in June 2008,the hotel itself was basic but adequate,the rooms are in need of refurbishment but as a base you could do worse.the pool is small and not many loungers but the beach is only a short walk away.the problem is the food,although the breakfasts were much the same as most other Spanish hotels i can honestly say the evening meal was the worst i have ever seen in a hotel,hot dogs in white wine sauce with sloppy packet mash,baked beans with chicken nuggets and salad,there were several complaints while we were there and guests were informed if they wanted certain foods they could order it,though a few people tried to order chips only to be told there were none,i have honestly eaten better in 1 star hotels.The hotel is in a good position for Benalmadena,which is beautiful and the centre of Torremolinos,both in walking distance.there are plenty British bars nearby that do lovely food,if i was ever to stay in the los arcos again ,which is highly unlikely,i would just go bed and breakfast and have my evening meal elsewhere.I feel its a shame that the food is such a let down and cant really see how the los arcos managed to get a 3 star rating. "

• Travel date: 28th February 2009

says exactly what it says on tin

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"my wife and i and 2 friends stayed here in jan 2009 we couldnt fault it for b&b while we were there we could see what full board and half board were getting for tea and it never changed the same menu most nights the hotel otherwise was fine we were central to everything and torre itself is a wonderful place to go to warm people and have time for you lots to do and see all cafes and rests jockying for your business so you can go cheap if you want pauls office cafe and dark side of the moon very good and reasonable we would recomend these 2 places. the hotel itself in a nutshell dont expect the ritz or a run down mess. cheap and cheerful staff very good a good budget hotel"

• Travel date: 28th February 2009

Hotels near Arcos de Montemar

Top traveller tips for Arcos de Montemar

• by windowmaker

"Just go b+b and you won't need all cleaning equipment as the hotel is spotless"

• by Dave evs

"the harbour was fantastic"

• by Teresa T

"Don't expect a modern hotel or English TV"

• by painful

"Take plenty of money as it is costly to eat out."

• by BIDDYBOB

"Dont go there........"

• by Paulette19

"Good location, lots to do nearby"

• by Rhodes family

"clean beach, good nightlife for over 30s close to airport"

• by elaine iles

"being able to travel around and see lots off places.also the rail fairs are brilliant."

• by elaine iles

"a nice place to visit what ever your age"

• by suzywong63

"enjoyable nightlife,fantastic beaches,"

Arcos de Montemar is also called

• Los Arcos Montemar
  • Montemar
  • los arcos montemar torremolinos