About Toboso Apar-Turis

• indoor pool
  • babysitting

Would not stay again

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Not thrilled with accomodation. Sparse and simple. Nice views though. We were unhappy with very loud construction going on in part of hotel--front desk very unsympathetic as it was the owner's flat being refurbed. Not a relaxing way to spend a holiday. Not impressed."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of December 2006

We are already planning another visit

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My wife and I have just had brilliant stay in Nerja. We were on a short 3 destination winter break on the Costa del Sol, Spain. Our plan was two nights in Puerto Banus, three nights in Nerja (we have stayed there many times before) and the last two nights further eastwards along the coast. Our selected hotel in Nerja was the Toboso which we found on the net, it is central and very reasonably priced. What a surprise this hotel is, we absolutely loved the location, right next to the Balcon,could not have been better. It is a small place but has lots of facilities including an outdoor AND an indoor pool,spa,gym and an Irish pub with a huge terrace overlooking the sea. There is live entertainment most nights.
I asked for a one bedroom apartment with a sea and pool view which what we were given.The views are spectacular and we had a balcony with french-door access from both the lounge and the bedroom. The room was spotless, looked newly decorated and furnished with a very smart fitted kitchen in the corner.
We only met the reception staff but they were polite, chatty and always pleasant and helpful.
We liked it so much we cancelled our two nights along the coast and stayed an extra two at the Toboso (they gave us the web rate)

This is no five star Grand Hotel but we will never stay any where else in Nerja. Brilliant
A word of warning : don't use the underground car park behind the town hall (22 euro per day) There is a large free one just behind Calle Carabeo which is very close.
!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of November 2006

great family vacation spot

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We stayed eight nights at the Toboso Hotel. Had a second floor room overlooking the pool with an Ocean view. This is a wonderful family vacation spot. Children (ours are 4, 8 and 10) are welcome and there is plenty to do. The beaches are gorgeous and the pool offered a welcome respite from the heat. We also found the staff to be very helpful in making our stay relaxing and eventful. They assisted in helping us arrange for day trips and were persistent in tracking down our lost luggage !! This is also a great value for the money.

Nerja is a bit more commercial than we wanted, but it is a resort area so that is to be expected. We were able to venture into the countryside and see some spectacular sights. This was the highlight of our 15 day vacation in Spain."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of October 2006

Sanctuary in the Heart of Nerja

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We just spent 4 days at the Aparturis Toboso Hotel in Nerja which is ideally located near the Balcon of Europa. We were a little hesitant about booking in such a central area (& next to a church) but the hotel was very quiet and, as it happens, the church bells don't ring throughout the night.

Staff was courteous and the facilities were great. There is a private pool although the walk to the beach is quick and direct. The outdoor patio (with views of the Med) and Cochrane's Irish Bar were well used.

Excellent value for the money."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of October 2006

Excellent Location

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I've just returned from a month-long vacation in Europe and Nerja was one of my stopping points. I can't rave enough about this hotel, beautiful room with a beatiful location. Just don't ride the horse drawn carriages. The horses are in poor conditon. One of the horses was overheating and no water was in sight. The driver ignored me when I pointed this out and continued to take on more passengers (I speak Spanish). No other complaints about the town. I highly recommend this hotel. It's in the center of town, ask for an ocean view overlooking the pool."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Brilliant Value !!!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Fantastic aparthotel - the location in the centre of Nerja couldn't be better. We had a room on the 3rd floor with the most amazing sea view and all for only £18.50 per person per night. The staff are also really helpful and both the food and drinks we had in the hotel were brilliant (the cocktails are excellent and only €5 a go !).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

Gem of a place

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Loved the Toboso Apartments. Despite some complication from Alpharooms who told us to collect our keys from the wrong place (- there is not need, just go to the hotel!), when we finally arrived we were stunned. We were given a ground floor self catering apartment with a lounge/kitchen, bathroom, separate bedroom and terrace with chairs and table overlooking the pool. The apartment is superbly furnished with all that you could need apart from a CD player. The hotel is ideally located with only a couple of minutes from the beach and directly in the centre of the Nerja. The only problem we found was when travelling by car. Luckily out of season there is a large car park which is free and within walking distance of the hotel. We didn't know this until we got there. Worth contacting the hotel in advance to get directions. All in all, great place, can't wait to go back..."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2006

Absolute Favorite

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We just came from our second stay at this fabulous hotel. Holy Week was wonderful there, as our room was overlooking the square with the church and we were able to watch the processions from our balcony.
The staff here are very helpful. We enjoyed Cochran's terrace overlooking the ocean in the back. We visited the sports bar which had live music nightly. There's also a big den type room for residents that has a small library and big flat screen TV."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

fantastico!!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We have just returned from a stay in this apart-hotel. It was brilliant! It is in the most perfect location, in the main square next to the church, and round the corner from the famous Balcon De Europa. It has a lovely secret garden and pool which cannot be seen from anywhere except on the baconies. It has a lovely terrace and bar overhanging the cliffs with fantastic sea views. The apartments themselves are very modern inside with everything you could possibly need.(see photos) There is also a tapas bar and cafe with tables outside where you can sit to watch the world go by!! They sell lovely coffee and cakes. There is also a lovely indoor pool and sauna in case you should visit in the colder months. The staff are friendly, polite very efficient. I will definately visit Nerja again and I would be really disaponted if i could not get booked here!!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of October 2005

Would stay again

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My partner and I stayed at the Toboso from the 1st-8th September 2005. We stayed in a studio apartment, self catering. The Toboso is situated right next to the Balcon De Europa, with stunning sea views. The entrance is just off a large plaza. At the front of the Toboso, there is a tapas bar called 'Biznaga' which also serves breakfast. At the back of the hotel is an Irish pub, 'Cochrans' restaurant and terrace bar, with spectacular sea views. There is a wide range of drinks there and we ate there a couple of times and the food was very nice. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor and you can always get a lounger. There is also a sauna and gym, but we didn't look at those.
As for the room itself, it was very clean, with a small kitchenette and seperate bathroom. The double bed wasn't quite a double and as my partner and I are tall, it was a bit of a squeeze. There isn't much space in the bathroom for your toiletries, but it is equipped with a hairdryer. (There is also a bidet) There was ample wardrobe space, with plenty of hangers. There is a small sofa and coffee table in the room. The kitchen has a fridge, two ring hob and microwave. You don't get much of a balcony either with a studio room.
As for the resort, it is beautiful. There were alot of Spanish on holiday there it was a bit touristy without being tacky. You can eat in a variety of restaurants, most overlooking the sea, and the food was good and service in some was good but a bit poor in others. There are plenty of bars to choose from, serving a good range of drinks. There are loads of good quality shops with very reasonable prices. The new part of Nerja is a bit ugly but thankfully small, despite this, it is the best resort I have stayed in on the Med.
The only complaint I have with the hotel is there was quite a strong smell of food in our room as we were situated above the restaurant at the front. The staff were pleasant and helpful. We will stay again, but we will book an apartment as opposed to a studio at the back of the hotel. Also, the church at the front of the hotel rings it's bells from 9am-9pm! I am a light sleeper so it really bothered me! My partner wasn't bothered though. I recommend Nerja and the Toboso highly."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2005