About L'escala Hotel

• shuttle bus service
  • kitchenette

Good

From home to extra special home!! Relaxation here we come!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Stayed for 1 week (far too short) at the L'escala boutique hotel. The accommodation is next to none. If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere where you can come and go then this is the place for you. Owned by a born Northern Irish man who speaks fluant Spanish, so if you're not much good at the language no worries. The hotel is very tastefully furnished and decorated with each room having its own theme. Cleanliness is first class and all amenities available. Nothing is too much for the hosts of L'escala hotel. If you need anything from car rental, where to eat, what golf course to play they are at your beaconing call all done with a smile and lots of helpful advice. Even seats or dinner at the nearby casino 'Sorted'. This was my first time in Mijas and hopefully not my last. You really can't go wrong to stay at this fabulous venue."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of September 2009

The Most Splendid Place to Stay

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"It is so easy to stay at the superb L'Escala. Les and David are perfect hosts and they are always on hand to help in anyway.
The hotel is immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. The garden and pool are also excelently tended
There is plenty to do in the area without being noisy and overcrowded.
The most stressfull thing is deciding where to eat!!
We plan on going back every year."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of September 2009

L'escala hotel, Costa Mijas wonderful

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We stayed here at Easter for 4 days wish it could have been more the hotel is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean each room has it's own theme and there are accommodations for singles, couples and families. Our hosts were terrific extremely helpful and generous but not interfering if you wanted to do your own thing. Meals are not supplied but there are tea and coffee facilities in the room and there is a very large kitchen which you can use if you don't want to go out, but there are so many places within easy reach that you probably will. There is a beach a few minutes walk away lots of cafes & restaurants and the main towns are just a bus ride away. We were collected at the airport and delivered there after our holiday. We can't wait to go back but next time for longer.

Alan & Georgina, London"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

A Great Place

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"This is a fabulous place to stay. I went there on my own and met some great people. The owners are very nice people who go out of their way to assist guests.

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are fabulous. The atmosphere is tranquil and an ideal place to rest and recuperate. La Cala has many restaurants and most are of a good standard. The beach is a short walk away and when I was there not to crowded. I can reccomend the restaurant on the beach.

I would certainly reccomend this hotel for people who want a relaxing time in a modern environment,yet with an old world charm.

Go and try for yourselves!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Fabulous, from start to finish

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This hotel is the perfect retreat for a relaxing stay. Room was excellently equipped and spotless. Service was second to none. We wouldnt say anywhere elso on the Costa Del Sol now that we have discovered L'escala. Overall a fabulous place and hope to return very soon."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

Amazing!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Words cannot do justice to how wonderful this boutique hotel is. I visited in June with my parents and younger sister staying in the Eden Suite.
The suite had two adjoining rooms and a shared bathroom with shower. The first room was tastefully decorated and had a beautiful 4-poster bed. The second room had two single beds and was once again beautifully decorated. but in a completely different style. Both rooms had a plasma screen television with satelite tv, air conditioning and there was tea and coffee making facilites.
The suite has a 50 sqm decked terrace that not only offers stunning views of the surrounding area, but provides a private area to sunbathe or eat. The hotel also has a lovely pool area with plenty of sunloungers when and if you fancy a dip!
Within walking distance, you can find a range of small bars and restaurants that are resonably priced. The village of La Cala is also within walking distance and has a wider range of bars and restaurants, as well as shops, supermarket and cafes. The beach is a short walk away as is a small local supermarket.
There are bus stops about 5 minutes walk away that take you to Marbella or Fuengirola for a different day or night out.
The best part of the stay however was the personal service you recieve. We were made to feel incredibly welcome and knew that any request or query would be dealt with.
The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily - in fact it's the first place ever my Mam didn't use her Domestos wipes!!!
What more can I say? It really does need to be experiences first hand to understand the fantastic, relaxed atmosphere and incredible service.
Thank you so much Les and David for making our holiday such a memorable one."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

An Exceptional Hotel

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"L’Escala Hotel is simply the best hotel that I have stayed in! The rooms are all decorated to the highest standard with quality furniture, air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities. Rooms have wide flat screen televisions with the benefit of satellite. The balconies have spectacular views over the surrounding landscape. The lounge and dining area is huge with tasteful décor from all over the world.

The hotel has a good sized swimming pool with a diving board for the more athletic and is situated in the beautifully manicured, peaceful gardens that surround the property. Around the pool there are plenty of sun beds for those that like to sun bathe.

There is a beautiful large terraced area with comfortable seating and a sea view. I found this a nice place to sit out early mornings with a coffee contemplating the day to come.

Within a walk of no more than five minutes there are at least a dozen bars, restaurants and shops not to mention the beach. The beach itself is large and fairly quiet with sun beds and parasols, when hunger strikes there are beach bars that serve the locally caught sardines that you can watch being barbequed in the traditional Spanish way over charcoal logs.

La Cala village is pleasant stroll away from the hotel; here you can find many more shops, restaurants, banks, tapas bars and most other services that you could name. I particularly enjoyed taking lunch in one of the open air restaurants that overlook the beach and sea.

If you wish to travel further a field there is an excellent local bus service to all local destinations such as Fuengirola, Mijas, Torremolinos, Marbella and of course Puerto Banús if want to see a dozens of millionaires private yachts in an exotic setting.

Gibraltar is a little further away, but well worth making the effort to visit for a taste of old British colonial history. Duty free goods such as tobacco, spirits, jewellery and electrical goods are widely available here. Take the cable car to the top of the rock for views of North Africa and the old military tunnels. Remember to eat your sandwiches before going up or the apes will.

My sincere thanks to Les and David for making my holiday so enjoyable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other members of my family and friends.

I have already booked for May 2010."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Friendly, relaxing, wonderful, home from home!!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I had a glorious week here. Very relaxing and very friendly. Not the place to go if you're looking for wild nightlife, but if you want a nice, peaceful, family friendly holiday this is the place to go. There are plenty of attractions within a busride away and your hosts are more than accommodating if you require any help with anything. One of hosts speaks fluent Spanish and can organise anything you require on your behalf. And I do refer to them as hosts because they make you feel sooo welcome and open their "home" to you."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

A HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We have just arrived back from the L'escala Hotel and I have to say it is by far the nicest Hotel I have ever stayed in. It is a boutique hotel with 6 suites and the décor throughout is so luxurious. We stayed in the most beautiful room which has the biggest bed I have ever slept in! It has a plasma TV, tea/coffee facilities, safe, large terrace and the standard of the rooms/hotel is nothing less that 5 star. The owners of the Hotel go out of their way to make sure your stay at their Hotel is something to remember. They arrived personally to pick us up from the airport, carried our bags to our room and made us feel so welcome. Over our stay they made such an effort and because of their fantastic local knowledge were able to give us great advice which was priceless. The gardens/pool area is so peaceful and beautiful and because the Hotel is located in a quiet area you can actually enjoy lying by the pool in peace. You have got the best of both worlds; peace and tranquility of the L’escala Hotel located in Mijas Costa or you could take a short taxi ride to Fuengirola or Marbella. There are also bars and restaurants walking distance from the Hotel which we mainly used. I will finish off by saying I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone and I know if you do decide to stay at the L’escala Hotel it will be a holiday of a lifetime."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of August 2009

WOW! The best hotel I have ever stayed in

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"The L'Escala Hotel is the best hotel i have stayed in,this hotel is located between Fuengirola and Marbella in Mijas costa and is a short walk to the beach, restaurants,bars,shops and public transport. my partner and i holiday every year in Spain and we are so glad we have found this jem of a hotel to stay in. The hotel is a small boutique hotel and has six suites and one apartment all very well decorated to the highest standard its like staying in a five star .The suite that we stayed in was the Cordoba suite it had a king size bed, a plasma satelite tv and a bathroom with a hydro bath ,it was so relaxing and there was a lovely terrace that we could sit out on. The owners who ran the hotel where very friendly and would always be there to help as much as you wanted, offering extra services like airport transport,advise on local amenities and trips. if you look at the web page it really speaks for its self . wwwlescalahotel.com. An amazing place that makes you feel very special. the holiday of all holidays i would not hesitate in recommending that you stay here. i can't wait to go back as soon as i can.If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch and i will be glad to answer them."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009