CLC Club La Costa World

Carretera de Cadiz Km 206, 29649, Mijas Spain

Club la Costa

Reviewed 7 months ago

"I love true & honest reviews.
Here goes
My parents in law own ‘point shares’ at CLC
WE joined them in May - For a day or two ( first timers to this type of holiday) !
First impressions were good.
My inlaws have a signature apartment . Which means it’s 4 star rating
Pool was ok but fairly noisy with lots of children. Not my cuppa tea.
Nice location of apartment plenty of room outside.
Here’s what happened :-
Location: Although lower end of the whole ‘marbella ‘ holiday type
Fuengirola is ok, but certainly would not spend thousands of euro investing here, when 5 - 10 klm up the coast you get better beaches and better value.
Different set of holidaymakers/ people & accommodation
More quality resales up there too. Better for investment in my mind
I’m not a snob but I did find some fellow CLC holiday stayers rather noisy with bad language screaming at their children and each other.
So beware CLC future goers, don’t be fooled into being impressionable with the area. Or site. It does seem to attract a certain ‘type’
It really isn’t the best but suits some & I have to say the accommodations were nice
Would we go again?
Answer: Yes. I’d stay there maybe with a few friends! But we definitely would hire a car and get out of the place.
Felt a little trapped after 3 days of visiting
we are regular stayers @ my friends villa in El Faro just a stones throw, so I do know this area
Some people we met there called it
Club La Colditz !
No, not a prison as such, but a resort in a complex. Everything is on site.
Which means you don’t need to ever walkoff site & if you have children this is great
Resort staff are good friendly and helpful
Worst part:
Parent in law had to sit through a 3/4 hour presentation
Breakfast included.
Not very palatable,
Thry told me they were loaded upwith lots of others on a kinda sales production belt.
They said they felt like fed chickens. Plucked up with a breakfast. Ready for the kill
Driven about and then taken in for ‘ the kill ‘
‘We felt force fed ‘ in the company of a escort sales rep.
She was OK but too loud and brash & kept talking to her colleagues, Well bragging really then her junior managers whom she said were training would be over They just were hovering the entire time
No uniforms. Each to their own, I was told
‘Made us dizzy. ‘ We felt suffocated’ they said !

All very sales & all very fabricated & false to a bunch of holiday makers just itching to get on with their holiday & please ‘get me out of here type stuff
My inlaws said, “Were being processed” ( that’s what it felt like) No real humanities that were genuine!
But to be fair though. ‘No hard sales either ‘ so that was a blessing but all very very fake !
The woman escort rep that appeared was a lady of mature years, blonde/ grey brazen & brash rather well fed & watered But very nice Seemed to know everyone . Outwardly seemed friendly but genuinely fake & told us about her millionaire past life style which interested us very little. And really cheapened the whole meeting.
I don’t think it’s fair to mention her name .
But she was in a mould of very similar escort reps
Too very overly friendly
My father in law was mortified by her brashness toward me she thought it funny but no one else did By now the whole meeting was cheapened
Not very professional tbh .
This same lady escort rep was later that day overheard talking about her afternoon clients about her earlier clients (which we assumed were My inlaws .
She got hold of an elderly couple who told us they’d been members of this club for years
Seen it go downhill they said.
They didn’t proceed with anymore holiday weeks as they said they’d had enough of the resort
but they said they felt pushed into releasing personal financial details to the escort rep and felt abit bullied.
This lady escort rep even told them her clients, earlier that same morning had bought thousands of points from her ( my in laws). But because of her seniority she was allowed to sell them a lot more. She was talking about my inlaws and this was utter lies to try to convince the elderly couple to get in quick
Then they were told she’d onky been at CLC for 12 months. So another lie
So the scene was set. Bad impression. Couldn’t wait to jump off the production line
The feeling wasn’t pleasant.
The meeting hall, at front of the site was the source of the production line & was very busy and noisy. Lots of laughter and smiles from the reps. As said, felt very false.
We enjoyed our visit
We met some lovely people.
It was relatively Cheap & cheerful. Clean & safe. Hopefully if invited back we could stay in the same signature accomadation
Which they are we are told they are kept for first timers to impress. But that’s a lie too
Because my in laws always stay in them so that’s a bonus. Or perhaps we could stay at the new complex Santa Barbara
WOW. Very very nice complex , same site & very impressive Advertised online now too
Different class of holiday it’s buy outright apartments. Very upmarket & advanced sales staff with a very different company but unfortunately way Outside our budget & Inlaws budget. But if they rent them on points you might be on a winner
I would recommend CLC but just ignore the lies from sales. Believe nothing. Just see for yourself

Dublin’s family UK"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2018

Nightmare

Reviewed Fri 13th of January 2017

"Just the worst experience we have ever hard! making Christmas really very horrible for us! The rooms are soo tiny. The bed is uncomfortable and the headboard was broken. The worse part is the stench! the whole apartment smells soo badly.

Only one TV in the living area for a family of 5. Just horrible.

• Travel date: Sun 25th of December 2016

Winter break

Reviewed Wed 12th of November 2014

"Accommodation is lovely and the staff are friendly and helpful.We are getting an offer deal so can't complain,but if I were coming in high season and paying maximum points,especially with a family, I would be unhappy with a few things. Firstly the TV in our renovated 3 bed apartment is out of the ark and the channels are limited and the reception poor,so definitely an area clc need to pay attention to. Secondly,our apartment has that nasty drains smell from the bathroom that is so typical of Spanish resorts and this has to be addressed as consumers demand more on their hard-earned annual holiday.
My main clc experiences have been in the UK,where I have found everything to a high standard,so am disappointed at my experience,and wouldn't want to venture again into the nearest bar/ restaurant on the complex which is worn and tired. Was shown the new Signature standard accommodation on this site,which are beautiful,but would like the general spec to be improved for the majority,like me,who cannot afford the Signature prices.Thank you for the deal clc,but won't be coming here again!"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2014

If you buy beware

Reviewed Wed 2nd of April 2014

"If you decide to buy I hope its because you have too much money to spend over the next 19 years which on a basic membership would cost you about 30 grand. If you cancel before the cooling off period I must warn you as they will probably have presented you with a small i Pad which you will then have to post back to them or purchase. If you post it back it will have to be by recorded and secure posting all the way back to Spain, which will be expensive and cannot guarantee that it will not have something wrong with it when it gets there. Or of course you can buy it for about TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY POUNDS, which I would estimate will have only cost them about SEVENTY POUNDS, so with that kind of mark up I think they are pretty much quids in. I reckon their marketing therefore costs next to nothing. I say next to nothing because they also offer that as a member if you recommend a couple to go there it will only cost them 150 pounds which you get paid 100 pounds. Reel them in as the saying goes.

I will say that in their favor the place is very clean and the gardens are beautiful and the apartments are really good. It is a bit hilly but there is a road train that runs throughout the day and there are a few places to eat and drink as well as the swimming pools. So if you are invited please go but please do not get sucked in unless of course you have lots of spare dosh.
Enjoy"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of April 2014

Costa la Sol Marina del Sol

Reviewed Tue 1st of April 2014

"So called won a cheap holiday for about a hundred quid and were hounded and promised all sorts of things and then signed up and were given an i Pad and wine etc. Decided to cancel on our return as it was just an extortionate amount of dosh to pay. Cancelled no problem but have been informed very rudely by some guy called Paul that we will have to return the i Pad as well as a great big folder to Spain. I am quite prepared to post the i Pad to an address in the UK, but there is noway that we are prepared to post the folder, which is basically full of their holiday destinations and not much else, to anywhere, especially to Spain as it would cost too much. We certainly do not want the i Pad as we have a couple anyway and wondered if anyone has had such problems and if there is an address in the UK where we will gladly post the i Pad. Other than the inflated costs the place was nice and the majority of staff were good apart from the obnoxious Paul ref the return of the goodies.

Place 7 out of 10
Costs 3 out of 10
Staff- one bad apple blew it for us.

Charlie and Morag"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2014

fab hol

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"we won this holiday for 1 week it was fantastic 5 star acomadation with all mod cons a/c also more than we hoped for. the pool area was great and lifegaurd . kids club was great my 4 year old loved it staff were lovley with the kids . staff were lovley and very helpful rooms very clean came every day we went out with rep did not hound us to buy but we did we already had trial membership and upgraded well worth the money ? we talked to other members they said they have no problems. only problem we found was you carnt walk to a town 2 far well you could but very hilly but we hired a car so we went to other places food was lovley 1 week was not enough did not want 2 come home carnt wait 2 go back rep was very helpful as was all staff. louise."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

fab hol

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"we won this holiday and it was fantastic we done the trial membership and now have upgraded the holiday was all and more we thought it would be the staff were very nice. went out with rep he was very nice did not hound us to buy it was our choice . great for kids got a 4 year old and he loved the kids club the staff were great with the children the whole complex was lovley we stayed in 5 star acomadation with all mod cons it had a/c aswell only problem was it is to far to walk to anywere you do need to hire a car to get to other towns supermarket on site only small but they are going to build a bigger one soon. only had 1 week not long enough . food on site was lovley we went to 3 restaraunts zacarys ,safari and el rancho would defo go back louise."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

wonderful holiday for family

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Malaga Club La Costa at Marina del Sol
Date:24th august 07
Just spent 2 weeks in resort with husband and 3 kids.Though the resort to be very safe enviroment for family.Very good reception staff and life guard attendance,security presence 24hrs a day.
Would like to see a bigger supermarket on site as with a family of 5 to feed never seemed to be away from it.
Entertainment was limited but we were not really intersted in night life kids made lots of friends played football every night had great fun brillant family time just what holidays are all about.
Ate in 2 restaurants on site could not complain with meal except the waiters are not the most friendly...............
Kids joined the kids club ok for younger ones older boy would have been more suited to next age group up but have to wait til next year.
Looking forward to returning next time hopefully for 3 weeks it was so relaxing"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Family Holiday

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Came back from Marina del sol on the 7th august , it was a family holiday . Me, my husband we are both 24 , his brother and his parents( who are club la costa members). We stayed in one on the houses 2 bedrooms with sofa bed downstairs. Cant really complain about the complex to be honest good amentities. every thing you need for a relaxing holiday. Personally i found it caters for families with young children or teenagers, which wasnt a problem as i expected this anyway. Fuengorola town is about a half an hour walk away ( 12 euros we got charged coming back at night) and we found the much needed nightlife there."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

Hounded by sales reps !!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Stayed with pals who own with RCI. The resort is very hilly. We stayed in Marina del sol which are very old propertys without aircon. The newer appts are in the California Beach resort. They are nice. We were shown around (supposed to be 90 minutes) for 6 and a half hours. The rep would not take no for an answer and kept saying he would finish soon !
We said we wanted to think about it but the rep and the manager said no. we said no umpteen times but we were hounded to the point of stupidity.
The cockroaches and sales reps (no difference really !) spoilt what should of been a nice break.
Keep away if u can"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

No AC? It's 100 degrees out there!!!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We made our reservation for our stay at this property over a year ago, date of arrival for July 2007. Needless to say, airfare for 4 people from the US to Spain was quite expensive. We were really looking forward to our stay. When we arrived that evening after a flight from Rome and a long drive down from Madrid, we were shown to a unit immediately next to the front office (this is a huge property), the central restaurant and right in front of the main traffic area which is the location where the property train and large loud tour buses pick up and drop off passengers. It is mid-July and the temperature at night is over 90 degrees. When we walked into the unit we almost died. It was sweltering. That's when we discovered there was NO A/C in the unit. Only ceiling fans....one in the main lounge area downstairs and one in each of the two bedrooms upstairs. Bottom line - it was a miserable night (that's all that we stayed before leaving!). No privacy to undress, relax, etc. because you can't close the curtains or you will suffocate so you have to leave them open all of the time. People stayed talking, yelling, etc. out in the street in front of our unit ALL night, security guard on loud motorscooter made rounds every 30 minutes and the noise was incredible. To top it all off, the train and the tour buses (very loud) started at the crack of dawn. It was a miserable night - no privacy, sweltering heat, loud inconsiderate individuals talking and yelling in front until wee hours of the morning, trains, buses and scooters! This is supposed to be relaxing vacation???? As soon as we could pack our vehicle in the morning, we were out of there. The property seemed to have some units with AC, but we were told that these were not available to us. We were able to locate another property in Nueva Andalucia that was PERFECT and managed to have a wonderful vacation. But bottom line - BEWARE. Be sure that you check with the property to verify that they have A/C and even this may be difficult as we were told that this property did and two other properties that we tried to transfer to also said they had A/C but a direct call to the property to verify in fact said that they DID NOT. The hotel seemed to be in good shape (probably comparable to a 2 star hotel but definitely not a 4 or 5 star property) but we would never book a stay there again. If AC doesn't matter to you or if you are going during the cooler time of the year, it would probably be a nice place, but definitely not luxurious. There are other, much nicer properties in the area that would be more suitable if that is what you are looking for."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Club la Costa-Marina del Sol-An excellent place to spend a holiday

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This Club la Costa venue was a great place to go
My two girls loved the childrens clubs and myself and my husband found it easy to relax knowing that the children were SAFE and having fun.
The staff at this resort were always very polite and helpful and the lifeguards ensured that the children were safe
The accommodation was second to none and I would definitely revisit (for many many reasons)

We did have to attend a presentation, which added interest to the week-but despite this the week was very enjoyable and relaxing"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Hotels near CLC Club La Costa World

Stayed at CLC Club La Costa World? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for CLC Club La Costa World

• Markie by Markie

"Just make your mind up yourself about what you can afford. Ignore sales talk "

• charlierakestraw by charlierakestraw

"Dont buy unless you have too much money "

• charlierakestraw by charlierakestraw

"Dont buy unless you have too much money "

• Bernard hodgkiss by Bernard hodgkiss

"Get out to the historic sites in Andalucia "

CLC Club La Costa World is also called