Exterior

Very Nice Hotel

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We recently returned from a three night stay at VP. Great hotel with tremendous service, just what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton (this hotel is not owned by RC, it is owned privately by an individual but run by RC). Hotel is absolutely beautiful. If you golf, the course is great to play, but bring your "A" game, it is challenging!! One drawback is that the hotel is situated inland and five minutes to the beach (VP has arrangements with a local beach club which is very nice) and 10 minutes from Old Marbella where there are great restaraunts. There is a great deal of construction in the area, so be prepared for that. Overall though, fabulous experience and a great hotel. Also if you sightsee, get a car and make the drive to Granada (2 hours each way) and spend a day there. The Alhambra is an absolute must see......"

• Travel date: 18th October 2007

Definately will return

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Fantastic service.Amazing food at all restaurants/pool bar/breakfast. The suite we stayed in was lovely, and the bathroom was beautiful.Everywhere was very clean.The beach club will be great when its finished, but was a little on the noisy side when we stayed as the builders were working on it. If you want to relax and un-wind, this is the place to be."

• Travel date: 16th September 2007

Great hotel

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"We had a fantastic time at this hotel. The room was up to Ritz-Carlton standards with huge bathrooms and very comfortable beds. Free wi-fi. The pool was great, the Roman theme to the hotel was very tasteful, and the spa was amazing. Our experience was that the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We could not have asked for anything more from them. We rented a car which made getting into town much easier--I would highly recommend doing the same. No wait for taxis. The free shuttle to the beach was very convenient. We did not eat at the hotel restaurants because they were very expensive and my experience is that they are usually disappointing--from the reviews that seems to be the case here. There are dozens of great restaurants in town with much lower prices so there is no reason to eat at the hotel. We have stayed at other Ritz-Carltons and although this one was different it was just as nice. Although there was development going on in the area we were enjoying ourselves so much we didn't even notice it. Don't hesitate to stay here."

• Travel date: 12th September 2007

very good elegant hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Having read some of the recent reviews we where somewhat concerned about our planned trip to Villa Padierna Hotel. Our concerns were soon forgotton. The hotel is beautifully appointed ,with large public rooms elegant gardens and large well equipt bedrooms. The pool is small and at the hight of summer there was pressure for sun beds, especially in the afternoon. The staff couldnt be faulted for there politness and desire to assist no matter what. We had no problems at breakfast either getting a table or being served with drinks and the food was of a good standard.We ate in both resturants the more expensive being La Varander. The food was ok and for the price should have been far better. There was a lack of Spanish influance in the menue.The second resturant La Loggia was more informal and again i would say the food was just ok. We had our children with us and there was no desire to eat further afield. A hire car is a must and the road leading u to the hotel doesnt do the hotel any credit and should ,given the significant development going on in the area be much better. The location of the hotel is some 30 minuites away from Marbella and 20 from Porto Banus. Overall very impressed by the hotel but given its location a week was to long ,a few days for a very relaxing break in my view would be ideal."

• Travel date: 26th August 2007

Beautiful hotel as long as you don't look at the building cranes!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"On arrival at the hotel, we were a little alarmed by the fact that the hotel is in a valley with a lovely golf course but surrounded by lots of building work and cranes on the horizon...there are lots of golf villas etc being built. Once you get used to that, you don't really notice, although I must say that sitting on our balcony in the afternoons was much quieter at the weekends when the builders were not working That aside, the hotel is really beautiful. Not really like other Ritz we have tried, but more like a private villa...a big one!. All the decor was extremely stylish and the gardens and pool were stunning to look at. Our rooms were huge with enormous balconies and the bathrooms were gorgeous. The pool is not huge, which was ok because the hotel never seemed very full, even in july. The sunbeds are either on the patio area or in the gardens themselves, on grass with trees for shade...umbrellas a bit few and far between. No ball playing was allowed in the pool, which annoyed my teenage son...but I liked the peace. As regards dining, the pool restaurant was very nice. You can have drinks served at your sunbed but not food (lots of flies about there...maybe that's why). We also ate at the terrace outside restaurant which was simple food but good. Beautiful setting for drinks. The main restaurant is a fantastic setting, and we were expecting top notch food...ala Gordon Ramsay. Sadly it was ok, but not great and quite expensive...but for a romantic evening, it would be worth it. The areawithin a mile or two of the hotel is pretty grim with the building work everywhere. You do need a car, but even then, the hotel directed us to a couple of local restaurants where the food was ok but the view was of a frame of a new building...all RSJ's and cranes! The spa was stunning, but my facial sadly very poor..a very young girl whose touch I could barely feel...maybe she was a trainee! It was supposed to last 55 mins but I only got 40! ..and it was very expensive! We didn't try the beach shuttle...didn't even know about it..pity Overall I'd say the hotel is lovely but was a mistake for my teenage son. It would be best suited to older romantic couples, or maybe mother and daughter spa breaks. I'd definitely go back for a restful break in the sun, but don't think the family would agree with me"

• Travel date: 19th August 2007

The Best of Marbella

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"I spent a month in Marbella this summer and the Villa Padierna was a nearly daily destination for me and my two girls. It is the loveliest, and most pleasant place in all the coast. With serene and elegant interiors, superb personal service, you'll find yourself coming back for more. I didnt stay at the hotel (I had already rented an apartment for a month at the Los Flamingo's compound where the hotel is situated) but I did not miss a chance to enjoy the hotels five star Spa facilities, indoor and outdoor pool and restaurants. The Spa is highly recommended. It offers various massage treatments (I tried the hot stones and reflexology, both were excellent treatments and in such clean and serene treatment rooms), I also used the steam rooms very often. They offer four different ones and so moving from one to the other is not only a relaxing and cleansing experience, but an interesting and intriguing one as well. I just loved it. We had lunch at the Loggia one day and dinner at the main restaurant another. Both meals were excellent in terms of food and service. The poolside Pergola restaurant was also very pleasant, offering a nice menu of light food for those enjoying the pool or coming out of the Spa. We were invited to two hotel events while we were around - a Flamenco show and a Violin and Piano mini concert. Both were performed at the Hotels' amphitheatre (located at the back side of the hotel). Last but certainly not the least comes the hotel's Beach Club - only a few minutes drive from the hotel you will find a quiet setting within an extensive sandy beach where sunbeds and towels are waiting for you- all you needed was your suncream, sunshades and a good book. The beach club facilities include a bar/restaurant which served light sandwiches and salads - but the beach club staff would surprise you every now and then with a fruit snack or a shot glass of "gazpacho" - the perfect refreshment while enjoying the sun. We just loved the Villa Padierna and will certainly be back . My only regret is not having booked to stay in the hotel. We probably won't be able to wait until next summer to be there again!"

• Travel date: 9th August 2007

Beautiful hotel!!!!

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"My boyfriend and I spent 5 days at the Villa Padierna in July 06. The hotel itself was absolutely lovely, the room was gorgeous, lovely big balcony and huge rainfall shower etc. The pool area was also beautiful, very quiet and relaxing. The staff were a tad slow with lunch orders but were polite none the less. The only negative thing I would have to say about this hotel is its location, if you want to go to Puerto Banus every night!!!! It isabout 20mins away by car and as it was a short trip for us and we weren't looking for nightlife every night this wasn't a problem but if you are, then you've either got to hire a car or pay for taxis every night. Oh, they were another thing that was slow. The front desk would order a taxi for us and it would take in the region of 40mins to get there!!! That aside we had lovely time and the hotel is up to scratch so I would totally recommed this hotel."

• Travel date: 7th August 2007

memorable stay

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Just a few lines to tell everyone that we have a memorable stay in Villa Padierna. From the arrival until our departure. We have a very fast check in and at all the times we were recognized by our names. We were accompanied by a porter to our room which it was spectacular. It was a superior double room with balcony and golf view. It was very comfortable and it has all the details that we can expect. In the pool area the service was amazing around the sunbeds and in the snack bar. The swimming pool and the garden were spectacular. We have dinner at La Veranda restaurant which was perfect. Great service and the quality of food was excellent. After dinner we have some drinks at La Loggia enjoying the service, views and a perfect setting. It was all in harmony. About the spa I can not describe here. You have to see it to belive it. It was stunning. Eight different thermas, heated swimming pool, relaxing room, treatment rooms….. In resume, perfect and peacefull weekend. For sure that we will come back….."

• Travel date: 31st July 2007

Classic luxury

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"We have just returned from a fabulous four day break at the Villa Padierna. We were given a room with surely the best views in the hotel - room 119 overlooking the beautiful courtyard by the pool - thus avoiding any views of local construction (which isn't actually that bad and we weren't disturbed by any noise from it). The room was delightful - we had a superior room, but it was very large and had a big sitting area - more of a suite feel to it. The beds were extremely comfortable and the effective aircon was practically silent so we slept very well. The bathroom was enormous with a large walk in shower, separate toilet, two sinks and a lovely big bath. Modern TV with sufficient English channels and a good stereo - so take your favourite cd's with you. Balcony was a good size with a wicker sofa and chair and a marble table with two upright chairs on which we regularly enjoyed breakfast. The rest of the hotel is just stunning - we particularly loved the courtyard and the pool area. Underground parking was hassle free and charge free. The hotel runs a regular free shuttle bus to the private beach (about a 5 minute drive away). There are about 10 loggias and when we went down at 1.30, there were still some free. There is a bar that sells food and drink and good private toilets. A really nice touch was that the staff came round regularly with complimentary fruit skewers, fruit punch, cold towels and just to check everything was ok (which indeed it was...!). We had read the reviews about poor service but apart from a couple of annoyances (like having to ask housekeeping for something three times and having to wait half an hour for some water at the pool), we found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Service in the bars and the restaurants was prompt and courteous. When there was a problem with a taxi down to Puerto Banus, one of the front desk staff drove us down. There is also a free shuttle bus to Puerto Banus at 5.30pm every day. In terms of value, it was excellent - we paid just over £60 each a night (breakfast not included and which at 30euros is a bit steep) through a special expedia rate - and when you think what luxury you get for this, it is excellent value. The food and drink was around normal London prices - about 15 euros for seabass and 18 euros for a steak . A glass of wine was 4 euros. The spa facilities are wonderful if not expensive for the treatments. I had a manicure and this cost 45 euros but to me it was worth it as not only was it very relaxing (it was lying down - most strange) but my nails look the best they have ever done. Massages are about 100 euros. We took a trip over to the Alhambra in Granada - we asked the hotel to book it for us and they quoted 44 euros per person so this must have included transport - we had our own car so booked directly for 10 euros a person. The drive took about 2 and a half hours each way and was well worth it. We combined this stay with a stay in Seville (fabulous also) and it took about 2 and a half hours to drive down from there. All in all we did not want to leave this gorgeous hotel and I definitely hope to return."

• Travel date: 29th July 2007

Luxury and elegance on the Costa del Sol

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"The Villa Padierna is an oasis in the middle of the Flamingos golf course. We booked a junior suite which was spacious and with a lovely sitting area overlooking the golf course and the sea. The bathroom was all marble and there was a rainshower, a separate bath and double sinks with amenities from Penhaligon's. We ate dinner at the main restaurant, La Veranda,and had very good fish. Service was efficient and friendly. The spa is amazing and with a treatment (I did the all-over body scrub along with a facial), the use of the many steam rooms and baths are complimentary. The staff were courteous and helpful. One can easily while away the day in a robe enjoying the spa. While we were at the hotel, there was also an evening flamenco show at the hotel's Roman amphiteatre that was spectacular - it was a good way to experience a bit of Andalusian culture during our holiday."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2007