About PYR Marbella Hotel

• swedish amenities
  • table tennis
  • spanish amenities
  • solarium
  • paid public parking on site

Had a fab time!

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"I stayed with my thirteen hens at the PYR Marbella in June 2006. We had a brilliant time and the hotel is excellently located for nightlife and the great beaches in Puerto Banus which is why it attracts many groups of hens, stags and groups of friends on a week/weekend away.

The PYR was great value for money, very clean with great amenities in including a large swimming pool, internet, restaurant and bar. The rooms are large and clean with a large bathroom and kitchenette. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet break as it is quite hard to find even a patch of lawn to lay on round the pool in the day in high season. Staff weren't particularly friendly at our time of visiting but it did not affect our stay in any way.

The security guards run a tight ship for all of the groups arriving back at all hours however none of us noticed any noise or shouting around the hotel.

Plan on having my hen reunion at PYR next year too!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

Hen Weekend

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Hotel Pyr is a good place for Hen and Stag weekends. The hotel is apartments with self catering. The hotel is very well looked after, very clean and comfortable. Hotel Reception staff are friendly, but bar and some security staff are rude. It is not a place where I would take the children on a family holiday as there were a lot of hen and stag weekend parties, but a great bunch of people. Pool is lovely and very big, but not enough sunbeds and sunning space to go around. Lovely reosrt, shopping fantastic, all the big deisgners are there. One restuarant to avoid though is La Bocana, food was not very good at all, it looked lovely upon presentation, but was cold and not very nice. We had major arguments with the staff as we were being charged for food that we did not have, unfortunately we had to pay, they were short staffed, and the staff were well aware that they had a table for 11 as it had been pre booked, a very disappointing first night. The beach is beautiful, so are beach bars and cafes. All in all a good weekend, not sure I would want to go for any longer."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006

Basic but brilliant

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"This hotel is perfect for people going to Puerto Banus for a lively holiday.

Rooms are very basic but clean and location is fantastic (no need for taxis).

It's not the nicest place I have stayed in, but it's cheap and served it's purpose well. Would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Functional and Acceptbale

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Stayed at the Hotel Pyr for 1 week in early June for a stag week / golfing trip

The hotel was full of other stag and hen parties and was therefore could be quite noisy with large groups arriving back after nights out.

The pool was very busy - all loungers seemed to be filled as soon as the pool opened at 10am - and therefore we had to opt to visit the beach instead.

The hotel was ideal for what we were looking for (cheap, decent accomodation, good location for the nightlife)."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"9 of us stayed here at the end of April for a hen party and had a great time. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were very spacious and clean, loads of sun loungers available round the lovely pool and the location was excellent. We could walk out to the beach, the port or main bar/club areas in around 10 mins. I would definitely stay here again.

One thing I would say is that it probably wouldn't suit families or older couples as most of the people staying there were groups of guys or girls. But if you're looking for a girlie or blokey holiday in the thick of it then stay here!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of May 2006

Super Value for Puerto Banus location

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Having travelled with 7 fellow golfers to the PYR aparthotel in Puerto Banus, I have to say you get what you pay for £19pp per night.

The PYR aparthotel is a clean , comfortable and well located. For a golf trip as we were (our 3rd stay)the value for money is second to none allowing us to play the wonderful array of local courses. The PYR is 5 mins walk to Puerto Banus Marina so well located for restaurants etc.

We booked online with --- and saved even more than previous years."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of January 2006

Never again

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"As a mum and daughter on a trip to buy property we were surrounded by curb crawling women which was very off putting so stayed in the hotel.Bad move as the staff made us so unwelcome. We found them very rude. The bar times were stated on a card but it was closed and when I stated this to a staff member he replied: SO!I was also told I couldnt use my credit card even though I have a global company which I use the same card to trade all over the world and I payed for the hotel over the internet with the same credit card they said was not good enough.The hotel is next to a motorway which is noisy and we had no sleep.This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and will never lower my standards to stay there again.Read my review for Tryp Gran Sol Alicante then you can see I dont write bad reviews for all hotels only the bad ones."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of January 2006

OK

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Spent a night in PYR Hotel after our apartment was double booked on the last day of our stay in PB. Allthough probably the cheapest hotel in PB with the best location to the Port & the main strip of bars - its not somewhere I would have enjoyed staying for the week.
Its not that it was dirty - But it could do with an interior makeover! The exterior gives an ok impression but the rooms are old, with awful matching curtains & bed sheets! Snobby you may think - but it was not as inviting as the apartment we stayed in.!!"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2005

Hotel PYR - excellent

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Used this hotel in 2003 and 2005 and enjoyed immensely both times. Hotel has a good mix of families, golfers, stags and hens. The management have always been friendly, the rooms clean, bathrooms clean, breakfasts good. The hotel bar and pool bar are lots cheaper than the bars outside so a good starting point on any night out to save money in what is an expensive area. The location is superb and only 5mins from the harbour. Room rates are very reasonable for Banus. Saw lots of TV types, footballers and East-end gansters in 2003 - but not a sausage in 2005 - have they moved on to an ultra-millionaires playground elsewhere? Sinatras is still a superb bar to watch very expensive cars and very expensive people pose."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

Great weekend!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Went to hotel Pyr on a hen weekend at the end of May 05. Hotel was clean and looked like really good value for money, we paid £60 each for 3 in a room. Room was spacious and bathroom was of a good standard. Hotel is really central just a stroll away from the Marina and night life. It is right by a main road but noise isn't too bad. Nice simple pool with comfy sunloungers but they do go quick (not till after 10am though). Staff seemed friendly and everything was in working order. Supermarket is just down the road.

Can be bit noisy at night as seemed to be full of stag/ hen dos or golfers. But great value for a cheap weekend or week. Puerto Banus is a lot of fun, lots bars and restaurants and good cheap place to stay in a resort that is a bit flashy. We had a great time."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of July 2005

Myself and 2 friends went to Puerto Banu...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"Myself and 2 friends went to Puerto Banus near Marbella in Late June 05 for 10 nights. We booked PYR Apartments independently and it was a fantastic place to go. PYR Hotel is right in the centre of everywhere you need to get to Shops, bars, clubs, restaurants, and the harbour and even the beach its 2 mins from anything you need. The hotel is on a main road and I can understand when reading other reviews before I went why they say it could be a little noisy. Lucky for us we asked to have a room away from the main road and we heard nothing so it was great. Your rooms are cleaned daily and the cleaners didn’t come till about 2pm so by then we were out of our rooms anyway. The staff are excellent and very friendly and they have 24 hour security.

Night-life in Puerto Banus is excellent. The main places to go are any of the Sintillate nights at Pangea, Beach Party, Glam, Ocean Club. They cost about 20 euros for your entry. You are guaranteed to spot a C - list celeb there! The average price for a vodka is about 10 euros but the glass is full to the top with Vodka and then you are given a bottle of coke, spite or red bull etc to add so after about 3 of them you are pretty much on your way.

Overall it’s the best holiday I have had in a long time. Would recommend it to anyone and we are already planning to head back there next year!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005