Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos

Paseo Maritimo s/n, 29602, Marbella Spain

Walls are paper thin

"Hotel is pretty clean and apartments sizeable enough. Located at the end of the promenade close to beach, bars and restaurants etc. Pool on 9th floor(roof) is very small and the bar/restaurant on the 8th floor closes at 4pm. Not much noise from outside but could hear lots of noise from neighbouring rooms, i.e. drunken revellers, babies crying and even someone snoring. While the hotel itself is ok, the paper thin internal walls could do with some sound proofing. So if you're a light sleeper, pick another hotel or bring your ear-plugs. Good luck

William & Michelle"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Exceptionally good value for money

Good

"Myself and my young daughter stayed here for 5 nights at Easter. The hotel is in a brilliant location, 2-5 minutes walk from the Old Town and resort centre. The rooms were very clean and were just what the two of us needed. Our balcony overlooked partially the ocean and the town. If there were more than two people I think larger rooms were available. Our only disappointment with regard to the hotel was that the bar and cafeteria closed at 4pm everyday, so we had no choice but to go out for a meal/drink in the evenings. There is a computer in the lobby with internet that is very reasonably priced. If I returned, which is a strong possibility, I would definitely book the underground parking as there is absolutely nowhere to park in Marbella."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Wish I could live here!

"I booked the Princesa Playa after visiting Marbella for the day and being fed up with my noisey hotel in Fuengirola.

I thought that this was great value for money (I managed to get 65 euros per night in March) and stayed for 5 nights.

The location is fantastic - right on the beach, and a 5 minute walk to the old town and town centre. Two blocks walk to the local bus route and 25 minutes to the Main bus station.

The apartahotel room had lovely en suite bathroom, hairdryer, built in wardrobes, small dressingtable, plenty of mirrors, double bed, kitchen area, microwave, hob, toaster, sink, fridge with freezer compartment and basic utensils - but no oven. You will also need to purchase washing up liquid!
There was a small dining table and a sofa. My balcony had a good view of the prom and beach. The room and hotel in general was very clean. Room service breakfast, or visit the restaurant if you don't want to make it yourself.
There is pay as you view internet access in the lobby and lots of information for tourists. The staff are very professional.
I highly recommend it based on my stay and I will be staying here again. I can't say anything bad about it."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of April 2007

Great hotel, great location.

"This apartment hotel had everything my husband and I needed for our two week vacation. The studio apartment had a microwave, fridge, two burner range, toaster and sink with all the cookware, cutlery and glassware that is required to function nicely for an extended period. The shower had lots of pressure and hot water. There was a clothes line out on the balcony (hidden from the street by the wall) where my husband hung his running clothes. There is internet access in the lobby and a washer and dryer on the 6th floor. Groceries are very easy to find. An Opencor convenience store is right behind the hotel. Eroski grocery store is a 5 to 10 minute walk and another grocery store in the old town (five minute walk) opened just as we left. The city buses stop just behind the hotel and from there we went to Puerto Banus, La Canada and to the Marbella bus station. We took buses to Gibraltar, Rhonda, Torremolinos and Malaga. This hotel's location couldn't be better. The view of the sea is wonderful! Ask for a sea front or sea view room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check out Bar California for great seafood."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Great value and views

"Great apartment block right on the promenade and easy access to old town. The rooms are recently refurbished, and although quite small, are well equipped. Request a sea view for stunning views and a glimpse of Africa."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of March 2007

great hotel.I couldn't fault it.

"I went here on 8 March for a long weekend with my cousin. It was a girlie weekend away from the washing and ironing. The hotel was dirt cheap and we didn't expect much (booked via Travel republic.co.uk) £102 for the both of us for 4 days including breakfast. We were delighted with this little gem. It was absolutely spotless and very well equipped. The weather was a pleasant 70c,warm enough to laze by the pool. The breakfast terrace offers great views over the sea and the food is nice and well priced. The location of the hotel is first class. A short stroll to the shops and a stone's throw from the beach. I would definately stay again."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of March 2007

Gem of a hotel with freedom of an apartment

Good

"This is everything you could want for an out of season break. The hotel is perfectly situated for getting anywhere on the Costa Del Sol as the bus stops right behind it and the fares are incredibly cheap. Catch the bus to Marbella from the airport to the bus station (3,95 euros)then get a local taxi to the hotel (6 euros) and you have already saved enough for a good meal for two as the taxi from the airport costs 60 euros.
The apartments are large with a sleeping are, a kitchen and sitting area and a balcony with a sea view. You can also get a 1 bedroomed room but the sitting area seems more cramped than in the studio. I have put up a view of a studio and of the 1 bedroomed apartment. They are equipped with a microwave and a ceramic 2 burner electric hob and a fridge, so limited food preparation is possible. A bag of baking potatoes and various fillings was a good buy from the supermarket which was about 100 yards away at the back of the hotel where you could buy anything you needed.
Trips to suggest
Gibraltar for jewellery, watches, photographic equipment, leatherwear, booze and cigarettes were all exceptionally cheap.
Fuengirola for the Market
Ronda for the views and the mountains
Puerto Banus for the boats, the rich and famous and the enormous Hipercor supermarket and El Corte Ingesia department store where the cafeteria offers a great low cost lunch with some style.
And the old town of Marbella with its narrow streets, charming plazas, flowery balconies and interesting restaurants tickle your taste buds. I recommend the restaurant calle El Virgin de la Balcon which serves local dishes in a wonderful friendly way. Unfortunately we did not find it until our last night and would have gone there more as the atmosphere was so great.
I can really recommend this apartment hotel but if you have mobility problems there are about 10 steps up from reception which you have to climb to get to your room."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Really good place

Good

"This is a good place to stay if you don't want to shell out too much but don't want to stay in scumsville either. It couldn't be closer to the beach without being in the sea and there are supermarkets and restaurants all over the place. Ask for a sea view when you book as this will improve your stay immensely. NB, there is an outstanding restaurant called 'La Comedia' in the old town near the 'place de naranjas'. It's not cheap but it is excellent."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Great little hotel

"I stayed there in May. The rooms are very clean and seem to be recently renovated. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach and the promenade. There are lots of restaurants close by. The old town and orange square are a 5 minute walk away. I got a great deal for the hotel on [--]. Would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

Dont get a taxi from the airport

"we recently stopped here, the hotel was very clean and the rooms very big, it is in an excellent location right on the beach. however i do not recommend this if you have small children in pushcairs or anyone with mobility problems. The reception is downstairs although there was a ramp it was closed when we were there as there had been some safety issues with it. When you checked in at reception there was another flight of steps to the elavators, this time no ramps we struggled with a double and single buggy as well as the suit cases and it was like this every day. The pool was very small and no bar only a restaurant. It is ideal for couples. If you are going to marbella there is a bus that runs frequently from the airport to marbella bus station and it is only 4 euros- The taxi wanted 60 euros and as there was 6 of us we needed to taxis so we opted for the bus. We also went to gibralter on the bus only cost 5 euros each way. we also visited fengirola by bus and this was just over 2 euros, so if staying in marbella use the local transport it is very frequent and excellent value for money (and we had a seat each time)"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

Lovely positioned hotel right on sea fro...

"Lovely positioned hotel right on sea front. Good quality feel about the place.

Highly recommend for a long weekend or week long break. Loved the resort and only 5 mins taxi ride to Puerto Banus and see how the other half live.

Hotel suits couples and not necessarily families. Small pool but hotel is right next to beach. Close to old town Marbella, the marina, and harbour.

Definitely go again but if you were planning on two weeks away or with children then I would suggest a larger hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of December 2007

Hotels near Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos

Stayed at Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos? Share your insight.

Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos is also called