Incosol Hotel and Spa

urbanizacion Golf Rio Real S/N, 29603, Marbella Spain

Loved it, WILL go again!

"We whole heartedly agree with the review of this hotel dated 14-Feb-06.

All we would add is that:

1. The Indoor pool that leads into one of the many outdoor pool was fantasticly warm even in December, and we swam im it at least twice every day, including before breakfast, - it was surreal swimming in steaming water in December!

2. We ate in the many resturants in Marbella town using the Incosol courtesy bus every night - who needs to eatin the hotel other that the first night in the room after our flight.

3. For 1 Euro you can go anywhere on the local bus - we loved Puerto Banus!

WILL be staying again!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of March 2006

Relaxing Luxury Retreat

"The reviews on this hotel are mixed and after reading them we were a little aprehensive about what it would be like. We needn't have worried, we thought it was just wonderful. I think you have to want a SPA and not a 'holiday' hotel. We wanted a relaxing, retreat and it was certainly that. Not on the cost but with wonderful panoramic views, Incosol Health Spa (I know they call it a medical spa but I think that is a 'translation'quirk) is like Champneys etc in the UK. I loved being able to wander round in the nice, soft robe, well relaxing and although most guest do - it isn't compulsory, so if you feel a bit odd about wearing them outside your room don't bother.
We had treated ourselves to a junior suite (upgrade chosen at time of booking on Expedia and worth it as breakfast was included) an it was lovely and a good size(lack of fridgen as others have said only negative).
I loved the decor of the hotel it is unusual, not your bog standard 'international' hotel, which I liked.
The spa and treatment facilities are great and although the treatments are not cheap (about on a par with London prices) they are worth it if you want to treat/pamper yourself.
I agree with others that the food in the hotel is not cheap, the 3 course lunch buffet is especially pricy, 46 euros plus tax; so unless you are starving and want to pig out I wouldn't bother. If you want a sandwich or something light there is a bar menu. The evening dinner restaurant was very nice, but also a little pricy - wouldn't have been quite so pricy if the servings had been better but they were very nuvelle cuisine size. But as others have said the bus service to Marbella makes it very easy to go and dine out.
Evenings in the bar - people were drinking as far as we could see; it wasn't packed out but then it was early Feb and they had live music which was good this time of year.
The consierge was helpful with local information and maps (which aren't on display but the do have available).
Would definitely recommend Incosol if you are looking for a relaxing SPA holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of February 2006

Very Good

"When we arrived made to feel welcome, guide showed us around hotel facilities. Room was very good and had lovely view. Staff attentive. Shuttle Bus into Marbella very good. Sauna, pools all excellent. Soon got used to wearing yellow robes. Range of food available at breakfast was excellent. A fridge in the room would have been useful. This was the only negative thing about the room. On the whole it was an excellent place to stay and would return again."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of February 2006

Not a Five Star Hotel

"There is no way that this Hotel is Five Star.
Standard rooms are small and shabby with no mini bar or fridge, no iron and a 1970's hairdryer stuck to the bathroom wall. Very tired decor and smelly bathrooms and all rooms are liable to have been smoked in. Only twin beds unless you book a suite.
The spa and pools are indeed great but so they should be when treatments cost over 100 euro each.
The Restaurant and bar are over the top expensive.
Hotel offers no guide to the facilities and the local area.
Asked for a room upgrade and was asked to pay 107 euro a night extra."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Strange but wonderful

"This hotel is a spa.
Relaxing and great for chilling in the pools and with some excellent treatments.
Access to the Thermal circuit and Spa is free which is not usual in Marbella.
Bathrobes and slippers are standard daytime wear, even in the restaurants ( but not in the evening), which was difficult to give up.
The standard rooms have no minibar but are clean and adequate.
The food is good and there are lots of healthy and diet choices. It is a peaceful retreat, but not really a holiday hotel. No one drinks alcohol in the evening, probably because of the treatments and dietary advice etc.
I would return for a short stay for the sake of my health and looks - I felt wonderful after only three days."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of October 2005

Great for a relaxing break

Good

"We needed to relax and recharge our batteries and the Incosol Hotel allowed us to do just that. We breakfasted at leisure on the patio of the restaurant, eating delicious fruit, meat, cheeses etc. The pools are great; they are different temperatures and have beautifully landscaped gardens around them. In spite of the size of the hotel, it was easy to find a quiet corner next to one of the pools. Service is good and inobtrusive. Although the hotel is a 70s build, this only shows through in a few places; the decor in entrance is a bit over the top, but room was very comfortable and good view. Lunch and dinner are expensive in the hotel, we only had the lunch buffet once, and although very good, it cost us 45 Euros each. Free bus into Marbella for the old town is highly recommended; we ate there at a different restaurant every evening and were not disappointed. Keep wandering around the narrow streets and you'll find great places to eat away from all the tourists! We walked to the beach a couple of times; takes about 20 minutes. Beach very good too."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

Excellent service

Good

"Although surrounded on two sides by half built accomodation, workmen and cranes, we had an extremely enjoyable experience. Large, comfortable rooms with a balcony overlooking the sea, approximately half a mile away.
Three outdoor pools to choose from, two out of sight of the cranes etc.
Excellent food and service. Staff attentive and helpful. Good gym although could do with a water dispenser. A charge of 50 cents for a small bottle of water. Made use of the shuttle service which was extremely punctual, no charge. Did not need an iron and bought bottles of water from a supermarket in Marbella as there was no mini bar in the room"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of June 2004

Some good; some bad

"I have just returned from a week in the Incosol. We were lucky enough to have a suite which was wonderful & so spacious. Mini bar was unstocked as the previous reviewer says. To me, that's just plain crazy - and greedy.....we were left with no choice but to call room service daily for water.I deliberately did not bring a travel iron with me as we were going to a supposedly 5 star hotel. When I rang reception to ask to borrow an iron and board, I was told it was "not hotel policy" as they offered a laundry service and was asked if I needed ironing done immediately. I was in the process of getting ready to go out for dinner so, yes, I needed it immediately. "Immediately" in the Incosol = 1 hour & 15 minutes & was charged 18.81 for ironing one pair of pants (plus the tip I gave the ironer)! That night, we were lucky enough to stumble upon The Orange Tree restaurant just off Plaza de Los Naranjos where the lovely owner, Frank, listened agog to our story and he went home to get his travel iron for us. Now THAT is customer service - Incosol staff should take note!! That gesture ensured at least two customers for the duration of our holiday and we will definitely go back there.The reception staff were stuffy to say the least. Information is very thin on the ground & guests are obviously expected to be mind readers. One day we decided to check out lunch at the hotel. My friend and I each had a little bit of salad from the buffet. When I say "little", I mean "little" bit of salad. I had a bottle of still water, my friend had a Diet Coke. The bill? 97!! Outrageous by any standards.That said, the facilities were great. The swimming pools were lovely (there's an indoor pool adjoining one of the outdoor ones); the jacuzzi pool is great; there are ample sunbeds where one of the attendants will bring you towels; the yellow bathrobes and slippers do, at first, look ridiculous but most people strut their stuff in them by day (so much so, I hated to get into ordinary clothes by day if going into the centre); the barstaff and room service staff were very pleasant; our fellow yellow-robed inmates varied between friendly and downright rude.On the whole, it was a great experience; I wish we had taken an extra week in Marbella but as for the Incosol...well, I really do think we'll stay elsewhere next time. The potential is there to make it a great place to stay but they have a long way to go."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2003

Nice destination, but

Good

"This is a lovely newer hotel with a medical clinic and spa as part of it. The room was pretty. The inexpensive view of the mountains also had a good chunk of the Mediterranean. Golf course views are more. Probably not worth it unless you expect to spend alot of time looking out your window. There is a menu of 4 different pillows provided gratis which is a nice touch.Because it is a spa, a lot of the guests seem to be staying at the hotel and not touring. Day time dress ranges from upscale resortwear to the huge yellow terry robes that the spa/clinic guests wear during the day.Evening attire is definitely not grubby or sloppy. When you make your reservations, contact hotel thru its web site to obtain the list and prices for spa services: you can reserve your time slot via e-mail, which was a good idea at high season. It was slightly un-nerving, though ,to find that I could book a massage, facial or colonoscopy.The public area decor uses some beautiful surrealistic murals . Management was usually helpful, but follow-up on details was a problem. Some minor housekeeping tasks needed to be called to the desk's attention:towels,message alert system malfunction,bottled water not replaced and some were not corrected or recurred-like the dirty water glass that just did not seem to be able to be replaced. The wait staff in the dining room left service to be desired, at least once to the point where I had to complain to the maitre d'. The hotel is far up a hill above the autovia n-340, and although there is a bus into Marbella, without a car you are pretty much at a resort rather than a hotel,so alternate dinner places are not a good option. I stayed at the Parador de Golf in Malaga a couple of years ago and would choose Incosol over that for ambience and food. One of the other reviews griped about looking at a construction site. Much of Marbella/Costa del Sol is having a building boom-its unavoidable."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2003

Disliked the Incosol

"We intended to stay a week at the Incosol but as there were massive building works going on outside we felt it was impossible to stay longer than one night.We had a suite but even that was not up to standard, the fridge was NOT filled up, a policy of the hotel!!, & needed the balcony's cleaning, having said that the management were very good in finding us alternative & excellent accommodation.I do not feel as if the hotel is a 'five star' hotel & does not compare favourably with those that started & still are 5*"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2003

Hotels near Incosol Hotel and Spa

Stayed at Incosol Hotel and Spa? Share your insight.

Incosol Hotel and Spa is also called