About Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach

Reviewed Wed 26th of September 2012

"Beautiful hotel, bit pricy but you get what you pay for, didn't have great view just grass on ground floor which I was told was for VIPs only, no one ever there but lovely room with everything I needed except a kettle so I bought one ! breakfast fantastic, great location about 20 minute walk to Banus or 6euros in cab, all in all lovely hotel but would not want garden room again"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2012

Just returned from a 10 day holiday with...

Reviewed Thu 17th of April 2008

"Just returned from a 10 day holiday with my husband and 5 yr old son. Disappointed with this hotel, not a 4 star superior!! The hotel looks nice from the outside but the rooms really let it down. The bathrooms were in need of an overhaul, the beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in, you can feel the springs on the beds if you run your hand over the mattress and they dig into you all night. The pool is freezing, no one goes in it. The sun loungers are arranged around the fish/turtle ponds which are full of dirty muddy water. The pool area is not suitable for young children as they could fall into the ponds which are everywhere.

The hotel's snack bar is a complete rip off. I paid 10 euros for a small plate of chips for my 5 yr old son. At the current exchange rate that is about £8. An average cost for a couple of toastie's and a couple of soft drinks is 30 euros!!

On the plus side, the staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly (the hotel was empty right enough). Beds changed regularly, towels changed every night and beds turned down every night and little chocolates left. The rooms were well cleaned every day. Breakfasts were very good, the fruit was very fresh and ripe. There was not a huge selection but with the hotel being quite empty they probably did not put a lot out.

Would not go again I'm afraid, we nearly went to this hotel for our honeymoon, thank goodness we didn't. Andalucia Plaza much better."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

Ok but not great..

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Coral beach for 5 days at the beginning of July. The hotel was ok but not as plush as expected from the literature advertising it including it's own website. The rooms were a reasonable size with a balcony and were adequate although we had two beds instead of the double I had requested.
The location however was ideal as it is in a quiet part of town between Marbella and Puerto Banus. I think this was the best thing about this hotel.

The hotel facilities such as the pool etc were all ok although one of the fountains didn't work properly and just made an irritating noise all day which was quite intrusive.
The Beach Club was tiny and clearly over crowded when we were there with children running all over the place! We decided not to use it at all for this reason. I recommend instead the Ocean Club in Puerto Banus if you want some quality time by the pool without the noise of children. (although it can be pricey).

We also encountered a problem when using the mini bar in our room. We took some items out in order to cool some water of our own but were informed by the over zealous hotel reception manager that the mini bar could not be used for any other purpose than storing their drinks! This in itself wouldn't have been a problem but the manner in which it was dealt with clearly was, as he was very patronising. He spoke to us as if we had never stayed in a hotel before and I have to say I was stunned at his attitude. They also charged us for some ice for our drinks and despite promising to deduct it when we complained, they failed to do so and we had to raise it again when leaving.(at which point it was deducted).

I wouldn't stay here again as the attitude of the reception manager was unecessarily argumentative over the mini bar issue and as a result I feel customer service wasn't up to the standard expected of a 4 star hotel. The Beach club was disappointing and although the food we tried was ok there are much better places to eat in Marbella. For not a lot more you could stay at the Melia Don Pepe and have a much nicer stay..."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of July 2005

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"This is a great hotel with excellent staff.
Good pool area and very close to the beach, about a 100 yards.
The rooms are a good size, clean, bright and airy.
There is a breakfast buffet with a large selection to choose from.

I thought the position of the hotel was very good, just a couple miles from Marbella and even closer to Puerto Banus.

I couldn't fault anything at all and will be going back agin next year."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2005

Great Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My wife and I returned for the third year running. We had another great holiday. All the staff make you feel special and nothing is too much for them. We hope to return again next year. The only negative point is the swimming pool - which would be much more enjoyable if it was heated."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of June 2005

not really for kids

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"lovely hotel, about 4 mins in a cab to puerto banus. you can walk to town but you have to walk over the sand in some areas.

great staff and lovely buffet breakfasts. little too quiet for children as apart from the pool there is no outside play area. rooms are clean and spacious and terraces are spacious.

not much night life in hotel but overall a pleasant place to stay"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2005

Quiet and good quality

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"A good hotel for those who are not looking for a "lively" hotel close to all the clubs.

Ideal for those wanting to sunbathe in peace.

A regular, clean, air conditioned bus runs from the door to Porto Banus and Marbella (15mins) and only costs one euro each way.

Very good service, room quality and layout ("U" shaped facing the sea). The actual hotel is one road back from the beach but it only needs about 3mins walking on a cul-de-sac, quiet, road to reach it. The hotel has its own beach club with loungers to hire and a bar, the club is situated between the hotel and the beach but isn't directly linked.

2 slight negative points:

the block between the hotel and the beach club is being developed; a the moment there is a big hole but not much else ! The management tells me that they have been building for 4 years now but with little to show for it (? tax breaks?). There are no cranes and we only heard the occasional power saw but nothing else so the major difficulty is only a slight degradation of the view from the third floor suites.
I would not let this put me off booking at this hotel.

the beach is clean and tidy but is a "darkish" colour rather than my favourite gold."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of October 2004

Okay but some issues

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed there from 20th September for 1 week. Hotel room large, spaceous, but no tea/coffee-making facilities. Bathroom nice, twin bowls, bath robes, bidet, shower over bath, etc. No air extractor in bathroom.
Only had breakfast - got a bit boring by the end of the week. Pool nice size, but very cold - not heated. Staff excellent and very helpful. Beach horrible (grey and gritty) and sea very cold. No shops or restaurants by hotel - ate in Porto Banus. Had to go across the sand - dicey at night. Don't eat at Beach Bar - very expensive - coca cola 6 euros a glass. Was expected to pay 2 euros per day for the use of the safe in bedroom - questioned this at end of stay and they took it off the bill. All in all, have stayed at better hotels."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of October 2004

Superb Hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Went on honeymoon to The Coral Beach in Sept 2003. It was a lovely place with clean airy rooms which seemed to be cleaned each time we went out!!!. Lovely pool and gardens ( more noisy if you have a room overlooking the pool-ours was at the back ,over the gardens.). Lots of small pools set in gardens with fish and turtles swimming around as we sunbathed nearby. Staff were so efficient and attentive,nothing too much trouble.Sept was a lovely time to go as it was quiet and peacefull.Great for couples and not far from the shops of Puerto Banus and Marbella. Recommended!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of July 2004

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Booked into this hotel on spec for 4 nights in May. We were pleasantly surprised.Immaculately clean and although the decor is not high fashion, it is elegant and extremely well maintained. The pools were lovely especially the beach club where sunloungers cost 7 euro per person per day but we felt it was well worth it. Staff were friendly and efficient. We are going back this week for another 5 days !"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2004

Hotel Coral Beach

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"This is a first class hotel that should have a 5 star rating. We have just booked our 3rd holiday at the Coral Beach. It is a very elegant hotel with large comfortable rooms, excellent service and well managed. The pool side is clean and very attractive with the small ponds containing fish and pretty plants. You need not look for a sunbed as the attentive poolside staff are on hand to get one for you. It is a very cool and comfortable hotel within walking distance along the beach or a short taxi ride to the nightlife of Puerto Banus. Maid service is twice daily and the staff work hard but discreetly to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast fab as smoked salmon available if desired."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of April 2004

Great Place to stay

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Hotel Coral beach, has been one of the greatest places I've ever been to. The area is 10 mins away from Puerto Banus walking and staff are very friendly. The rooms are big and efficient."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2003

Hotels near Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach

Top traveller tips for Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach

• Butterfly22 by Butterfly22

"There are very few restaurants nearby but bus stop right outside to banus or Marbella town one euro "

Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach is also called