Good

hi there we travelled on the 16th august...

Reviewed Thu 4th of September 2008

"hi there we travelled on the 16th august with firstchoice. the flight was exellent but resort not. the only good thing was the beach. rain for 12 days, food cold and reheated, dogs hanging aroud you when eating, sewege pipe leaking on the west side its been a nightmare since the day we got there. not happy at all and the noise from the industrial island in front of us was really bad and aircrafts every hour does your head in. airport is only around 2 miles away. would not reccomend this island at all you will be waisting your money. tips take a umbrella and rain coat"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

Pretty good value

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"This hotel is centrally located and minutes away from the beach. We stayed in a studio which was clean, reasonably well sized and had a balcony and small kitchen. It would not be great for cooking much more than a boiled egg, but the fridge was useful and there were plates, etc provided. The bathroom was quite nice and had a small bath as well as a shower. Breakfast was pretty basic, but included in the price.

One downside with this hotel was the noise. We went out of season but were still woken up by dustcarts, car horns, etc. But I guess this is the price you pay for a central location!

Overall this is a good choice but budget travellers, or those who want to stay somewhere like Marbella without the exclusive price tag."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

noisy hotel

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"this hotel comes supplied with a tiny kitchen cum fridge-very useful for storing cold drinks and making cups of coffee.
the hotel is in a busy side street, near the beach, but it is very noisy especially around 10pm to 1 pm"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

El Faro Fantastic!

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Cannot recommend these apartments/hotel highly enough. They are extremely well looked after and very clean. We had a small kitchenette to make a cup of tea etc which was great although possibly not suitable for families. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the street with a side sea view. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right next to the beach and the paseo maritimo, 5 mins walk to the old town and has a great selection of tapas bars just across the road. We visited the Indian tapas bar directly across from the hotel and it was fantastic! The only downfall for us was the extremely noisy hen party in the 2 rooms adjacent who got themseleves locked out of their rooms two nights running but I guess we were just a bit unlucky there!

There is a small pool and lovely terrace to sit out and have a drink on. The staff are very friendly and as I said before the rooms are spotless and the maid service excellent. Very much worth the money. I will definitely be going back. We caught the direct bus from Malaga airport to Marbella bus station (only 4 euros each) then a taxi to the hotel (only 5 euros) which was much cheaper than approx 60 euros in a taxi from the airport. Great!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of July 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I agree with the last reviewer, this is a fab hotel. It is in a quiet residential location off the main golden mile but only a minutes walk from the beach. We also had a huge room with a kitchenette (however we never used it), our room also had a power shower. There is also a small gym (3 pieces of equipment) available to all guests. Only fault awful breakfast, but for what you pay, you cant really expect much more, this is not a 5* hotel, however you are not paying 5* prices. The bar next door is brillant "La Perola", Mustapha is quite a character, large screen on back wall ideal for World Cup, he is now a convertered England Fan! Great accomodation for the price and already looking into going back end of the year."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

What a wonderful hotel

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Actually, I was planning to stay in another hotel (next to Puerto Banus) but couldn't get an immediate confirmation, I had to stay somewhere else untel I get a free room over there. As a frequent visitor of Spain, I knew the area and the spots where I would be enjoying, so I came across the hotel while searching onver the Internet and found Hotel El Faro, after reading the reviewes here I decided that I'll be staying the 2 night until I get my free room over the Puerto Banus. Upon arriving I didn't expect the warm welcome from the staff, upon entering the room I was really impressed by the size of the room (was in france couple of days), the room was REALLY big, double bed, nice bathroom, & a small kitchen, the room was overlooking the street and the sea, the beach Puerto Marbella is within 3 minutes walking from the hotel with all facilities (shops, restaurants, etc...), also the main street of Marbella city centre is within few minutes walking with shops and all what you need. The daily cleaning service was good, the get to change the towels every day. The walls were sound proof, so you don't bother for nois.
Actually, I can't say any thing more from I REALLY would recommend this hotel.
ANother issue that really maid me relaxed, I was alone in this trip, but giving the location of the hotel and the attraction, I really enjoyed it!."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Lovely Hotel - Great Position

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"This was a lovely hotel, right between the beach and Old Marbella and 2 minutes to the High Street, so in an excellent location. Much better than being on the golden mile or in the more built-up part of town. Rooms were large, immaculate and spotless. The hotel has a good terrace with a small pool and the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant. I would definitely recommend this if you're lookihng for an above-average budget hotel in the town. Our room was more like a studio, with a small kitchen area. Bar right next door, tapas bar opposite and a small store also across the road."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of June 2006

great value for money

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Just returned from El Faro, good value for money, rooms basic, but large and clean, suggest a room on the back of the hotel as the road on the front is a bit noisy as the dustbin men empty the bins in the middle of the night, breakfast ok, croissants nice and fresh, even on a sunday.
good night out at the La Taberna del Pintxo, a couple of roads up from the hotel, Avda Miguel Cano, opposite the port buildings, great selection of tapas, really good night out."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of March 2006

The hotel is ideally located near the be...

Reviewed Thu 10th of November 2005

"The hotel is ideally located near the beautiful sandy Marbella beach and right in the middle of the shops, restaurants and bars etc. We were spoilt for choice and had dinner in a different restaurant every night.

The hotel itself was clean, 24 hour reception, no pool unfortunately and Breakfast food was adequate. People were of a range of ages there in early June. Our room was spacious with a kitchenette.

There is a lot of sightseeing to do especially the old town and Peurto Banus just a taxi/bus ride away. (The buses do seem to turn up whenever they feel like it). Marbella and Peurto Banus is pricey to eat out etc. But you must try the Tapas! We arrived during a festival and there was a firework display on the beach and the locals were very friendly. Thank you Expedia for a lovely holiday!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of November 2005

Just back...

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I loved this hotel! Friendly staff, great, great location - we easily found parking on the street when returning from day trips. 2 minute walk to the beach - great restaurants right nearby...

The only thing, is that it is under construction in the back of property - I'm not quite sure what's going in, but as our balcony faced the construction zone, it was a bit noisier than usual on the weekdays. We actually spent most of our time out of the room during the day so I can't complain, and I suspect the construction will be completed by next summer - but check if you like to sleep in."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2005

Great deal

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Stayed here again this week, this time in one of the 1 bed apartments with separate living/sleeping quarters & kitchen, first time last November was just a single room & kitchen. So handily placed for the beach, promenade, restaurants and public transport. Not easy to find, suggest that you look out for the Burger King on the main street, and then take one of the streets opposite."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of February 2005

Excellent location and room

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We stayed here two nights in April 2004. Location was excellent, one minute walking to the beach and to the main street of Marbella (which is a beautiful town). The room was actually an apartment, with balcony, bathroom, huge room, and small kitchen. The hotel staff was very friendly. Note: since the hotel is located in a relatively small street (right next to the beach), it was hard to find it and we asked about 20 locals until someone knew where it was; this means that if you go there, we recommend that you print a small Map or directions to find it more easily. Very recommended."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of April 2004