BlueBay Banus

Carretera Cadiz Km 173, 29660, Marbella Spain

Really a 3 star. Wouldn't return

"Just returned from a week . On arrival we were informed of our room number and given directions where we had to find ourselves in the dark through trees, bushes and cobbled areas. It was horrible at that hour of night to be make search at length for our room whilst lugging around our cases.After about 10 exausting minutes we found our room. It stank of mould , Towels dirty, Our window (tiny) looked out onto a motorway. Not impressed . No balcony. Really dreary place.
The place is a bit scary loking at first and really disjointed. You wont get a bed near the pool unless you are up at 6 every a.m so we just went to beach every day. The pool was surrounded by grass so by midday this turns into mud. Nice.!!!! Entertainment and food fair. Staff nice. Just needs to up it a few gears or else call it a 3 star."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

FANTASTIC - but missing a little for a HOTEL

Good

"Myself and my boyfriend came and stayed here as a last minute break for four days, and we were very happy with our stay.

The hotel is on a very busy main road and you can hear the cars from your balcony (if at front of hotel as we were) but it didn't bother us at all. The busy road does lead straight into Puerto Banus (15 min walk) or you can walk along the beach instead - very nice!

The hotel rooms were very very clean, however badly equipped for a four star hotel. They had a mini bar - empty and no tea and coffee facilities (as advertised) - you could also not order any form of room serivce - all of these things I found very strange for a HOTEL!! But it also lacked any of the facilities of a self catering place (kitchenette etc).

Apart from this tho the stay was amazing. There are two pools - the first is a smaller kidney shapped one which had no children (perfect for us) and was very very clean the second pool was much larger with a lovely bar and great snack restaurant (fantastic club sarnies!).

We kept saying all holiday how amazing clean the pool was and both pools reminded me of a more caribean type hotel!!!

All in all this place is lovely and good value, but had we have stayed for longer than 4 nights the lack of room service, tea making and minibar would have annoyed me for a 'hotel' stay!

would definitley recomend!

Sarah"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Had a fabulous holiday

Good

"Just back from a week's holiday with my teenage daughter and her friend to relax and celebrate the end of exams and have to say we had a wonderful time.

Although we had booked a triple room, when the receptionist saw that the girls were not young children, he immediately changed the booking to a family suite with two bedrooms and two bathrooms at no extra cost. The suite was serviced daily by very pleasant staff and was very clean. The food was nice - not gourmet - but suited our needs and the staff without exception were very friendly and helpful. Not many British people staying at the hotel but I view this as a plus!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families who want to relax with their children without have to endure the noise of loud music, discos, etc.

PS Not a cockroach in sight!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of June 2007

Very Disappointed

"Stayed at the Rincon Andaluz for four nights in June 07. Our particular room type did not have a balcony so watch out...ask when you book if yours does or not so you're not disappointed on arrival. Rooms without balconies have a view of somebody elses corridor and are dark and damp. Not to mention the cockroaches... they come in threes!
The staff at the hotel were quite friendly and the majority of the guests were spanish and they do get preferential treatment to any other nationality.
Location wise - pretty good five/ten minutes to the beach and a thirty minute walk or five minute taxi ride to Puerto Banus which itself is fabulous.
Would return to the area no question but not this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of June 2007

Loved the place!!

"We have just got back from staying at the Rincon Andaluz - a group of 9 girls and it was a fantastic experience. I was worried before I went but there were no cockroaches, staff were excellent and the food was nice! We hired out 3 rooms and they were all very well maintained... my bathroom had 2 sinks and the rooms are very big. There were 3 people sleeping in each room but we could have fit 5 people in there... very spacious and a great balcony view. Some of the rooms have been refurbished but the block that we were was not refurbished, however it was extremely clean and the maids came everyday.

The pool facilities are excellent and the surroundings are great! With aerobics and salsa lessons running throughout the day, staff a friendly and always willing to help. Its a safe surrounding with the beach only 5minute walk away.

A Taxi into the main part of Puerto Banus costs around 5Euros and you could walk which takes about 15mins. An excellent place to stay and I will be going there again very soon.

Anna, Birmingham."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Not a Riu Hotel anymore!

"We stayed at the Riu Rincon Andaluz in May 2006 after being recommended by friends and thought the service was excellent and the small village layout wonderful....so we booked again on the Riu website in January 2007 for a stay in May 2007.
As soon as we got there with the same friends, we thought that something was wrong. The welcome at reception was not the same as in 2006, we didn't have the same large selection of food in the restaurant and the waiters appeared disorganised and sometimes surly. We also witnessed management disciplining waiters in public.
However, the bar staff were mostly up to 2006 standard but we noticed that the obligatory coasters for the drinks were allways placed face down with the Riu logo hidden.
When we checked out after after a few days, it was revealed by the reception staff that this was no longer a Riu hotel....it had been sold in March 2007 but we hadn't been formally informed by Riu.
We moved to another Riu hotel at Nerja where the welcome, service and food selection and quality were as good as the previous year so that restored our faith in the Riu chain and would continue to recommend genuine Riu managed hotels."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Good hotel - would return

Good

"Myself, my wife and 2 year old son spent 5 days there last month (March 2007) and had an enjoyable time. The food was great & all the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

We were glad we hired a car as the hotel itself is on a busy main road and so own transport is recommended. The hotel is set back from the road and we had no problem with traffic noise, our room was adequate, the decor was a bit old fashioned in my opinion but the room was spacious and perfectly clean (unlike the last reviewer I certainly didn't see one cockroach my whole time there!). The hotel grounds are beautiful with a couple of swimming pools and some nice palm trees to give you some shade.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would certainly go back there myself."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2007

The cockroach hotel!

"BEWARE!

Th only memory we have from staying at this hotel are HUGE, almost mice size, fast running cockroaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Althought we were extremely loyal Riu clients we'll never take this hotel chain again.

Jesus, we changed the room 3 times and there were cockraches even on the highest floor.

Can you imagine what the reception told us??????????

Put a towel under the door so they cannot get in!!! It iw like from a horror movie.

We could not sleep as we were scared of them. I had to check the toilet before my wife would use it as at night they were just appearing there from literally nowhere!

If the sanitary officials found cockroaches in Germany, France or Poland they would close such a hotel.

However in Riu Andaluz it's a standard.

It's just a 4 cockroach hotel. You get at least 4 of them a night.

And if you're planning to travel there remember to get fit before as the cockroaches run like crazy. It's not easy to get them!

Riu Andaluz - never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of March 2007

Not really bad but definitely not a 4 star hotel

"Hello everybody, I just came back from Puerto Banus some days ago. The RIU hotel was really expensive from here in Germany. It was for 2 weeks 1400 EUR per person. I thought as a 4 star hotel the price should be ok, however, based on my long time experience with hotels and stars, I can definitively give it a maximum 3 star.

The big deception is the reception desk which is not responsible for any rules defined in the hotel, the swimming pool and the rooms. I wonder how the people is trained to work for the reception desk. You go to them with an issue and they send you away with the issue to solve yourself, that includes also to argue with the pool boy to apply the rules: like no reservation of beds on the pool allowed before 11:00. You can forget this rule, as nowone applies it.

The 4 star I can give to some cooks in the restaurant at lunch time on the terrasse and the people serving there. They are really nice and helpful. Also the cleaning ladies try to make everything shine, even if everything looks old and has not seldom holes: lingerie, towels, etc.

In 2 weeks no change of the breakfast buffet. Really boring and strange for a 4 star hotel. We were happy not having booked dinner too.

For water, you can walk 500 m on the main road (really busy) to the next petrol station. However water is really cheap in the hotel: 1 bottle 1,50 EUR. A big beer 3,00 EUR.

The hotel on the beach: Gvadalpin and its restaurants: if you have money and you do not care about waste it, you can go there in one of the restaurants. However, paying 50 EUR for 2 burgers, a beer and a water seemed to be a little bit exagerated if you can have it also for 20.

The hotel has also its own beach: coco beach with a bar. You have to pay 5 EUR for a bed and umbrella. It is not that nice at some other places along the beach direction Banus. Try them. However, do not be surprised about prices at Ocean Beach Club: 2 beds with umbrella can be up to 150 EUR - more if you are a VIP and want to show your gucci bag or YSL earings ;-) So ask first how much it is.

I recommend to have a car in order to travel to Puerto Banus, Marbella, Estepona, Fuengirola in the evenings. You can also walk along the beach to Puerto Banus and then come back by taxi: standard rate: 7,30 EUR, however make it 8 or 9.

In Puerto Banus at the yacht port everything is a little bit more expensive than in the second row in the city. Visavis El Corte Ingles - the superstore with the supermarket Hipercor it is a travel agency and behind that a Tapas pub. Really good. You will enjoy the interesting food, the beer and the wine! You can meet spanish people and feel like home.

El Corte Ingles is a very nice shopping center where you can find a lot of bargains.

For any other questions please feel free to contact me : [email protected]

Have a nice holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Reasonable hotel on busy main road

Good

"Global agent cumbria, reasonable 4 star, as long as rooms not facing really busy road, re/furb rooms nice and airy,large balcony limited uk channels, seemed to be mostly german and spanish guests, nice grounds, small chapel in enclosed courtyard was nice, small heated pool, large unheated, restaurant bit small if full, 2 sittings for dinner loads of offers on this hotel because its south of puerto banus, so hefty taxi bill, no problem for hire car guests, although you exit from busy road, 5 minute walk to beach 15 minutes to puerto banus, good base to visit, gibralter , rhonda, marbella, entertainment on evening but seemed to be very stars on 45 type of music,
casino opposite at h10 hotel,
nice hotel for maybe more experieced traveller"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Hotels near BlueBay Banus

Stayed at BlueBay Banus? Share your insight.

BlueBay Banus is also called